Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Tybira's DF A(r)trocities

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: Tybira's DF A(r)trocities
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/8/2014 1:39:24   
The Odor

That does look sick good.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
8/8/2014 14:02:53   
bokterier

You sir, have a talent!! :O

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/8/2014 16:03:38   
flashbang

Or girl Bokky. Remember that (s)he might be a girl.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 28
8/10/2014 2:23:48   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Once more, I appreciate the kind comments, flashbang, Odor, and bokterier. ^^

And I'm female, but I don't mind being called a sir.
DF  Post #: 29
8/10/2014 8:53:14   
salene

@Tybira sisters before minsters *fist bump*

So, are you planning in doing any other spirits?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 30
8/10/2014 14:31:02   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

[/fistbump]

I'm still playing with AS3 right now so that I can make skill sets like the class previews (eg. Vaal's animations) on the DNs. Once I finish that, successfully or disastrously, I think I'll make one more Elemental Spirit. : )
DF  Post #: 31
8/10/2014 20:03:04   
plue344

Came in here looking for some pics to admire and I decided that I admire yours the most!

Seriously though, Good Work.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
8/10/2014 23:47:31   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

That be an honor I'll happily carry, plue. Thank ya.
DF  Post #: 33
8/12/2014 0:40:07   
Drakath_SlugWrath

i think for no name his name should be grixs maby ?
DF AQW  Post #: 34
8/12/2014 1:42:00   
ShimmerSoul

Some more possible name suggestions for the nameless spirit, all three of which are shamelessly stolen and google-translated from Mediterranean languages:

I can't help but notice that the nameless spirit's symbol is extremely similar to the kanji for "mountain." Based on that, "Collis" is Latin for "hill", "mountain", or "cliff." I think it sounds cool. :p
"Apophasis" - Greek for "decision." Kind of fits with his virtue, and a lot of elemental spirits seem to have Greek-derived names.
"Fortis" - Latin, meaning "resolute," or "unwavering."

No-name aside, Mnemin also, to quote The Odor, does indeed look sick good. That mask. :O

< Message edited by ShimmerSoul -- 8/12/2014 1:47:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
8/12/2014 2:17:10   
The Hollow Soul

/Been floating around/

Your art has been pretty awesome to see and everything looks amazing, you're quite talented!

The only thing I can say is that I hope you take what Tomix said about "Not all Soul Allies are humanoid" and you run with those endless possibilities, if you do, I can't wait to see what you create!
DF  Post #: 36
8/12/2014 4:11:31   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

@Drakath_SlugWrath: I ain't against the name suggestion, but...what inspired the name "Grixs"? XD

@ShimmerSoul: Hah, good eye. Resolve's symbol does a look a lot like 山 —and I won't deny that that was part of the reason why I chose that marking. : p The other two names are also good to mull over...much thanks for your aid. I think it's likely that one of 'em'll be the basis of his name.

As for Mnemin's mask, the joke is that he's a numbskull. (Badum tsk!) He was supposed to only be blindfolded 'cause blindness could be related to ignorance (and then Razen decided to make a half-blind Elemental Spirit of Perception...), but I don't regret switching to the skull-mask instead.

@The Hollow Soul: Senpai has noticed me. Thank you for finally floatin' down. x) Once I give up on animating, I do have a very non-human Elemental Spirit in mind to make.
...or two. Or three. I told myself I'd only do one more out of necessity, but I really do love making these spirits. And Twitter's been jumpin' with 'em. ;; Apparently I'm the source of the flood?
DF  Post #: 37
8/12/2014 4:16:38   
Drakath_SlugWrath

ya ty has birthed 2 soul allys from me and im working on a dragon soul ally based off of dragon drakath

so ty's new nick name should be mother of elemental spirits/corrupted ones when she feels like it X3

Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page.
Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post.
If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post.
For more information, please read the
=AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting . ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 8/12/2014 4:59:33 >
DF AQW  Post #: 38
8/18/2014 11:25:34   
LigerBeard

For your spirit of resolve, it kind of reminds me of the greek god of the forge, Hephaestus, so maybe you could try naming him Hephaestus(or Vulcan, which is the Roman term).

Also, I did a couple of elemental spirits, and I was wondering if you could possibly sneak by my gallery and give me your opinions, since you do give great critiques!

Here's a link to 1 of them!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
9/3/2014 0:37:16   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

@Drakath: Reminiscent of the Mother of Monsters. : p As cool as that nickname is though, it should probably be reserved for Tomix himself. Or geo since she helped write the beginning of Book 3 Ravenloss.

@LigerBeard: That's a nice suggestion...I like it. Maybe I can slip in a reference to Hephaestus somewhere. ; )
And I just popped by your thread. Left a pretty darn long post which I hope won't offend you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

So...I disappeared for the past three-ish weeks. Sorry 'bout that. I also haven't been doing my quota of one character model per week. Sorry again. Honest though, I've been busy with housekeepin' and etc. As well, I don't like updating this thread unless I catch up on the game and other forum threads first...and if I have nothing big to show...and I've been very behind on all of this.

Anyway! Lots of little things to show.

>>Tried animating with Mnemin, my Elemental Spirit of Ignorance.<< Programming used up half a week, animating took up the other half. Hands down, it can become >>exceedingly messy on one's timeline<<. Great learning experience!

>>I also started Tomix Saga finale fanart, but I may not finish it.<<

Made a lil' birthday present for a Twitter guy named Shaister as well. >>Here's the cakehat version of his OC<< and >>here's the normal version<<.
Have to admit, I'm a bit proud 50% of it was done with a touchpad. ;;

And finally...here's Caleia, Elemental Spirit of Poise. Her form is meant to be very fluid, so she'll be a pain to animate, and she marks the beginning of a couple more monstrous/nightmare-fuelish spirits I'll be conjurin'.

I know, I said earlier that I'd probably only make one more spirit. But after reworking my project a bit, I figure 4-8 extra spirits oughta be enough.
It's going to kill me, I swear. :D

< Message edited by Ragsrun -- 2/7/2015 17:11:15 >
DF  Post #: 40
9/3/2014 10:21:36   
Warmonger DragonJax
Creative!

Woah...like woah ! Pro stuff ,good job.I see you are good at making elemental spirits but are you restricting yourself only to spirits or do you expertise in making DF equipment?
Anyways nice to see more galleries are popping up(giving me more competition,Lulz).Keep up he good work and make sure to tell me how my art looks.

Post #: 41
9/10/2014 1:59:45   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Thank ya, Warmonger DragonJax. And...good question. I'm a bit red-handed here, so I'll fess now rather than later.

In a way, yes, I am restricting myself to spirits. Mostly because I like making them and the spirits'll be relevant for animating later on. Once there's a decent number of 'em (or I get restless), I'll move on to producing other assets.

I wouldn't say I "expertise in making DF equipment"...I'd just rather make DF-related things than gear for most other AE games. I also much prefer making creatures and environments as opposed to making swords. This isn't to say that I won't ever create weapons, armors, or other things of those natures; they just aren't enjoyable for me to produce compared to a monster/character.

Happy to provide some competition fer ya. I'll be dropping by your place momentarily. : p
DF  Post #: 42
9/10/2014 11:27:18   
flashbang

I had an awesome (IMO) idea. It would be a long term project, but could you possibly have two spirits fighting each other? As an animation? Like look up "One More Final Battle" and make something like that. It'd be a long term project but hey, if you do it you'll be the only spirit smith I know who does or did that.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 43
9/10/2014 11:43:02   
Shadows Morgenstern

Tybira, your work is incredible! I really hope you continue to update this and please, keep up the amazing work! I'll be watching...!

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 44
9/10/2014 21:45:30   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

@flashbang: "Spirit smith." What a title. xD Are there any others of my kindred out there?
An animation like that could be very entertaining...to make and to watch. You might have a good idea there! (Although I'm iffy about whether I'd add HP bars and attack names.)

Any preferences as to who/what you'd want to see animated? (This question goes for any lurkers too.)

@Shadows Morgenstern: Trust me. Even if school's started up again and my work pace's slowed down, I ain't gonna give this up too easily. ; ) I'm happy you like what I've done.
DF  Post #: 45
9/11/2014 10:36:23   
flashbang

I think it would be Mnemin or whatever his name is and Mr. No-Name. They are the first two, and I think they would be the easiest to animate. And you should animate Caleia on your own, I dun wanna push you.

And let's not forget the amazing Dancing Frogzilla
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 46
9/11/2014 14:13:32   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

I took some time to mull over your idea last night, flashbang. And I think I can make it work. But I'll have to make a few other graphics before I actually start animating.
You're right—Mnemin and Resolve are the easier to work with. Caleia...might pop in at some point though. Maybe.
Thank you for the concern (and the idea). ; )
DF  Post #: 47
9/11/2014 22:22:17   
flashbang

I can totally just see Mnemin and Resolve fighting and then Caleia just comes in and the guys fighting are like "Wut?" XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 48
10/9/2014 19:18:46   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Just a small Elemental Spirit this time. No name, and no title. I wanted to upload them with an idle animation, but I might not have time to make it as I would've liked.

It's not anniversary-related at all and a preview's been on my Twitter header for a short while; I'm posting here more as a wave and a "Hey, I'm still around ; )" whisper to the forums.

Hope it's still enjoyable material~.

< Message edited by Ragsrun -- 2/7/2015 17:28:56 >
DF  Post #: 49
10/14/2014 0:12:01   
ShimmerSoul

Wow. That is absolutely gorgeous. I'm not entirely sure how else to describe it, other than it's by far the most abstract and alien-looking spirit design I've seen yet. I love that color, too. o.o The lack of a name and title makes me want to make up some names and embodied traits for it. >.> Stahp it, speculating brain. Anyway, beautiful! :D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: Tybira's DF A(r)trocities
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition