Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Tybira's DF A(r)trocities

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: Tybira's DF A(r)trocities
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/14/2015 0:34:07   
flashbang

^I just realized that too! O_O

This actually really came as a shock to me, Ragsrun, most likely cause I never thought that someone I considered a friend could become an artist for my favorite game company. Also, I will try to call you Ragsrun, unless I'm on Twitter, as most of those tweets will be directed to your personal Twitter.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 101
1/14/2015 14:01:15   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

No need to apologize, salene. Administration is a finicky thing and I don't expect y'all to know the itty-bitty details. : p I only want you guys to understand why things have turned out like this.

And that's fine, flashbang. AE is AE, personal is personal.
(Do you need shock treatment? My first aid certificate is outdated but I remember a few things. Like how to defibrillate people safely. Maybe.)

I'll be waiting patiently for that day, LigerBeard.
DF  Post #: 102
1/15/2015 2:11:45   
salene

So, moving away from name conversations and akward apologies, lets get to the nitty gritty...

Whats up with your avvy? I assume you drew it yourself, but what is it from?

-Salene
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 103
1/15/2015 14:43:07   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

That's the result of me being bored. I was given a whole bunch o' NPC references last week, and wanting to practice feminine faces in an Oishii-esque style, I ended up making a whole new avatar. It's not necessarily for anything. ;
DF  Post #: 104
1/16/2015 18:00:50   
flashbang

Oh. I thought it was the face of Ragsrun. If she was to become an NPC.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 105
1/16/2015 21:28:37   
deather98

Having looked at your art now and your concept on the styles from tomix's saga I must say you adapted to that type of art very quickly to make it fit in with ravenloss, the void, and even pellow village. Your very talented So I cant wait to see what you'll dream up and release into the game soon. ^.^ Huzzah, and battleon fair artist.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 106
1/17/2015 17:49:48   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

@flashbang: It still could be their face. But it also might not. Designing an NPC for myself is currently second to finishing off 365,924 projects and 897 items, courtesy of you-know-who.
...although it could be a fun little toy off to the side. Eh, let's make that 365,925 projects.

@deather98: Y'know...I've never actually tried sticking my spirits into Pellow Village. Soooo.

Aegis made friends! :D

But thank you. Unfortunately nothing I made this week will be out for a short while, but I'll keep dreaming of things for you all.
DF  Post #: 107
1/17/2015 18:48:09   
flashbang

Heh, the purple one in the back. I forgot it's name.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 108
1/17/2015 19:56:20   
deather98

@ragsrun See it looks perfect for it. Even better if you tried in the void. ^.^ Cant wait to see how you'll Impress us in the future.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 109
1/26/2015 17:30:17   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

@flashbang: Because...it's unloved and still has no name. : D Poor thing.

Aaaaanyway. The war's over! So I'm just dropping a small image of the whole Carved Tooth set here and then getting back to work.
It seems like people generally like these weapons. Splendid. : )
Also, thank Tomix for some resizing.

DF  Post #: 110
1/26/2015 18:02:29   
Alpha Centipede

@Rags: I've not managed to farm for the staff yet but I must say, all three of the carved tooth weapons look absolutely gorgeous. I think part of it goes to the amount of detail in the set. Looking forward to more art coming from you!
DF  Post #: 111
1/26/2015 18:51:10   
The Odor

I am getting the 80 version of both the sword and staff, maybe the dagger. Very pretty.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 112
2/22/2015 12:51:25   
flashbang

For the unnamed spirit, couldn't it be the Elemental Spirit of Weirdness, Ridiculum?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 113
2/22/2015 15:45:55   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

@flashbang: It could, but "Weirdness" sounds so banal. :<

Can't believe you're still thinking about that spirit though, hah! I'll admit to something right now—they were supposed to be a young child, turned into an Elemental Spirit because of Tanislav's ritual at Mortem. The unusual shapelessness of their appearance was to visually show their confusion, grief, fear, and anxiety. Due to this volatile mess of emotions ruling over them, they couldn't yet keep a steady form unlike Aegis, Pandora, etc.

However, they're old news now. I'm not sure if they'll ever appear in-game. Possibly as an Easter egg?
DF  Post #: 114
2/22/2015 15:55:18   
raylas

^ I always was fond of that little one, I'll confess.

I always thought of it as the Spirit of Sorrow/Sadness: Lacrima*.

It always seemed sad to me. I guess I was fond of it because I felt like they just needed a hug. The fact that it's a child's spirit honestly makes me just want to hug the poor little guy/gal and tell them everything will be okay. That back-story really gets to me.

*Latin for "Tear Drop" or "Tears".

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 115
2/22/2015 16:59:36   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Would you like to know something else? With the schemes I had back before being a volunteer artist, that particular spirit would be one of the first on-screen to "die". Purely on accident, probably by the hands of my other spirit of Ignorance. (Funny how that works, eh?) You'd find out who they were later after slaughtering fighting off a few other townsfolk-turned-into-Elemental-Spirits.

<3

But I do like that headcanon of yours. Now that they've been brought up again for discussion, "Spirit of Sorrow/Sadness: Lacrima" does sound pretty fitting.
DF  Post #: 116
2/22/2015 18:52:02   
raylas

^ Allow me to present my extremely well thought out and eloquent response: ;-; </3

Mah Feelz!

Glad you like it, I thought it fit the look of the spirit really well.

I still want to hug it, it needs a hug.

< Message edited by raylas -- 2/22/2015 18:59:23 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 117
2/26/2015 11:10:30   
apielang

@ragsrun wow, you're so creative and your set is.... Awesome! How to be like you? Can you give me some suggestion?

Df Animaton Style \,/
Legendary Hero : The Last Rage Series
Check it out !
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 118
2/28/2015 3:04:17   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

To be like me, you'd have to be 50% an incurable perfectionist, 25% willing to accept you're never going to be perfect, and 25% unable to stop staring at pretty things.

I'm joking but seriously. For me, a few hours every day are devoted to examining things that I think are inspiring, including art from AQW, ED, DF, AQ, MQ, Tumblr, deviantART, music videos, cartoons, etc. Anything, even if it's work from fellow artsy folks who are still learning [like other forumites here, hinthints to afb, Flamehead, Heartdragon, Ligerbeard, and more ; ) ]. This is most definitely one of the biggest points that should also be one of the most obvious, but I don't think everyone understands it. I do not mean you should glance over hundreds of pictures, taking less than 7 seconds to appreciate them—I mean you should LOOK at them. Figure out why you like certain pieces. What makes the shapes interesting? Is there a particular style of lineart? Do the colors fascinate you? How's the lighting? Is the picture dynamic, harsh, bright, or soft? Is there a theme? Pay attention to details. Take what you like, and engrave it into your memory. Take what you don't like, and think of changes that could be done to make it better. Remember the structures you see, the techniques you come across, and the concepts other people imagine that you never thought of before. Create a mental library. Using references doesn't hurt either, because your mental library won't necessarily have the exact form of a bird's wing or the muscular system of a human memorized.

Beyond the above rant, you just need to practice and tweak as required. And if someone doesn't like your work, try to understand why rather than immediately calling them a hater unless they're a blatant troll. They might be a helpful critic despite how rude they initially come across as.

Wow, I really rambled. I'm so sorry. Hopefully it's a little helpful?

Aaaand it's been a while since I've shown anything here. Here's a little dump of what I've done as of late!

DF  Post #: 119
2/28/2015 3:09:00   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Plus two female hairs that Tomix recently mutilated:

Click on the images for larger views.

Soon, I'll have to finish a male hair or two or three...
DF  Post #: 120
2/28/2015 9:15:11   
The Odor

I love all your recent work. The Mystraven/Runehawk cloaks are gorgeous.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 121
2/28/2015 17:20:29   
Death snake1

Seeing the added Runehawk and Mystraven items made me very happy. I love the cross-game/timeline reference. As for the hair styles, I think they are stunning. They have natural, "woodsy" sort of feel. I may be completely off on where they are coming from, but they are lovely none the less. Great job!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 122
2/28/2015 18:10:18   
Flamehead 12

@deathsnakes
its from a strong influence of History channels Vikings tv show

which I love because im currently going For a Ragnar Lothbrok look, just need a few more inches on top
great work tybiria

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
2/28/2015 19:10:35   
Azan

I love those hair styles! The Ragsrun NPC should replace Patch as barber in Falconreach.
Post #: 124
2/28/2015 21:33:22   
flashbang

^New quest: Patch gets salty and tries to get his job back!

Anyways, the hairstyles seem like they're from the new continent, especially the one on the right.
Also, #CapesWithCapes
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: Tybira's DF A(r)trocities
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition