Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

2v2 suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2v2 suggestions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/14/2014 0:03:48   
youbo

I like playing 2v2,I find it more interesting than 1v1 but there are some things that just ruin it in my opinion.

1. Unfair teams
Its pretty stupid when the 2 weaker players are on a team and the 2 stronger ones on the other.I heard its caused by an exile vs legion filter,in which case,I think it should be just removed. It is just NOT worth sacrificing balance just so to make it more sense story-wise.(Most players wont even notice,its not important,and it only work when there is exactly 2 legion and 2 exile anyway.)

2. Noobs
These are the players who somehow don't even have a gun/aux and/or use severily underleveled items. It just ruin the game for their partner since they die very quickly without doing much.
And before anyone say its not their fault,they don't have credits or something like that,there is NO excuse to lack enough credit to have at least 1 set of properly leveled items at high level. Some quest chains are VERY easy and give 3k+ per quest.And you can always kill NPCs.
So unless its just a missing robot or new players,I think they should not be able to ruin other player's games.

The suggestion is: Players of level 10 and higher cannot enter a 2v2 battles without having all equipment slot(except bike and robot) equiped with items of level no more than 3 under their level.
An alternative,that also stop retarded players but a bit more annoying is that before getting access to 2v2,they get an 2v2 battle where the 3 other ''players'' are NPC of expected player strenght at that level.
That battle give no reward beside 2v2 access and must be done at each level up over 10. It can be only done 3 times per day(unless they level up again in the same day)to prevent wins by keep trying their luck.

3. Lack of in-battle /ignore
Some people are just not friendly,like,not at all. They insult their opponents,blame their partners for everything(when its their own fault),etc. A simple /ignore command would be pretty simple to add and helpful.

4. Quitters
I already made a suggestion about this before,you can read about it here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21847194
In summary,its to give an AI to players who quit or give control to the other player.

There is also the lv.40 juggernauts who use alts and quit/do nothing to make them and their (also lv40 juggernauts)friends wins but I already reported it and have no idea on how to prevent it. (Feel free to share yours if you have some)

< Message edited by youbo -- 11/14/2014 0:05:06 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 1
11/14/2014 0:29:47   
Dual Thrusters

1. Yes, it does mess with matchmaking. However, it needs to be active when we have a war. Otherwise, we'll just have a bunch of boosters purposefully leaving games when they face players of a similar allignment.

2. Fair enough. There is no excuse to not have an aux/gun as you get some for free. This wouldn't be the case for returning players, but that is a problem on its own.

3. You should be able to only mute your opponents. But in 2v2, communication and teamwork is essential. You click on the battle button already knowing that you need to work together with someone whom you might not know. Also, there will be people that will just /ignore their partners before the match even begins. It will pretty much defeat the purpose of 2v2.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/14/2014 1:32:17   
youbo

@Dual Thrusters
You bring some good points,so yeah,faction filter only during war and only muting of opponents.

Edit: Actually,now that I take time to think about it,the legion/exile filter should be removed even in wars.
Lets see: 4 players of same side=filter do not matter
2 exile/2 legion= even if filter is off,boosters cant leave because it would also give a win the other side
1 of one side and 3 of other=filter do not matter

< Message edited by youbo -- 11/14/2014 12:21:36 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 3
11/15/2014 2:10:16   
Mother1

1) You are correct about the filter. As long as it is in play no matter how loose they make it even a 1% chance of being paired off of what side you are on over the levels the players are is not balanced. While sometimes I can win these match ups the fact that in 2 vs 2 this can happen because of this filter is ruining the game.

2) Actually there is a tutorial that gives free weapons for new players but at the same time not everyone knows about these missions that give huge credit pay outs. Then there are others who sell all their gear to get something they really want and/or class change. With my lower level alts I have seen some primary only players who are at level 23-27 sometimes but they are a Blood mage, Cyber hunter, or Tactical Mercenary.

A simple way to fix this would be to make it so that you can't sell your last sidearm, and aux. However your suggestion has nothing to stop players with underupgraded items. This means I could just go in to a battle with an aux and gun without it being upgraded which is something some players used to do back in the older phases (Have underleveled items)

3) A mute button is already in the FSI so they are either going to make it or they Vetoed it.

4) With the AI I can see abuse with this. Especially if the person is about to die and chooses to run and they get replaced with a fully healed AI while the opponents are weak. The idea would need a bit of tweaking to prevent this abuse otherwise some players might abuse this for their buddies.

@ Dual thrusters

There are some players I have seen run when they are partnered with the opposite side and their opponents are on the same side as them. Some players still use those tactics to ensure a member of the other team will lose and not get a drop.

Epic  Post #: 4
11/15/2014 13:13:17   
youbo

@mother1
2) I already included players with underleveled items if you read carefully:
quote:

The suggestion is: Players of level 10 and higher cannot enter a 2v2 battles without having all equipment slot(except bike and robot) equiped with items of level no more than 3 under their level.

Why should others be penalized if they can't manage their credits correctly?
I like your suggestion about not selling the last sidearm or aux.It should help some newbies at making better choices.

3) My bad. I must have not read it as well as I thought.

4) You missunderstood, when I talked about AIs,I meant that when a player leave,their character stay and get controlled by an AI instead.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 5
11/15/2014 21:11:25   
Dual Thrusters

Without the filter if people actually don't abuse it, it will be a matter of whichever side has the most active players wins.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/15/2014 21:43:39   
youbo

@Dual Thrusters
I don't understand you, people can abuse whether there the filter or not. And the side with the most active players have the advantage whether there the filter or not(and we have wars rallies to reduce that).
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 7
11/15/2014 22:03:41   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

I don't understand you, people can abuse whether there the filter or not.

I'm describing the scenario that people don't abuse it.

quote:

(and we have wars rallies to reduce that).

War rallies may or may not allow the losing side to gain a significant advantage, depending on how many more players the alignment with the player advantage has. And that information is not accessible to us.

At least we know that there can only be at most X amount of battles at a time, where X is the alignment with the least players.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/15/2014 22:33:02   
youbo

quote:

At least we know that there can only be at most X amount of battles at a time, where X is the alignment with the least players.

I think we have a missunderstanding of what the filter do.
From that sentence,I think you believe that the filter make every 2v2 battles 2 exile vs 2 legion. Is that it?

What I am understanding from what I saw so far,is that the game choose 4 players regardless of alignement,and if and only IF it happen 2 legion and 2 exile,it put them because of filter.
4 exile battles happens,4 legion battle happens and 3 of one and 1 of the other battles happens too.The filter do nothing on those.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 9
11/15/2014 22:41:32   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

What I am understanding from what I saw so far,is that the game choose 4 players regardless of alignement,and if and only IF it happen 2 legion and 2 exile,it put them because of filter.
4 exile battles happens,4 legion battle happens and 3 of one and 1 of the other battles happens too.The filter do nothing on those.

Huh, that's right. I forgot about the change they made to the filter a while ago so games would be a bit more fair.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2v2 suggestions
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition