Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Tournament Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Tournament Feedback Thread
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2015 0:45:50   
Gorillo Titan

ban master bavaria her deck is better than the princess it only makes sense.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 1/29/2015 0:50:56 >
Post #: 51
1/29/2015 5:46:18   
The Finnish Phoenix

With CC Corruption gone I don't think Princess Aegea could be much of a contender anyway. Queen and Seraphim make sense though and I can get behind them being banned.

Between Omni Knight and Bavaria Zwei, free players should be able to put up a fight against Templar and FC. A ban of Bavaria Zwei would cause more problems than it would fix so allowing Princess seems fair.

The issue with a Penance ban wouldn't be F2P vs. SG players (since SG players are if anything more likely to have more copies of Penance CC's and there's an F2P character with Greater Heal), but that bans of Seraphim and Aegea should be enough to prevent overly long fights without banning Penance CC's. If Penance CC's are to be banned though, Defend CC's and Empower fill its role pretty well.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 52
1/29/2015 13:47:20   
The Jop

Oh, wait, I just thought of something: If you can't use corruption or iron hide CC, how are you supposed to use Omni Knight?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
1/29/2015 14:50:23   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

^ Attack cards, cat reflexes, power strikes, etc.
Post #: 54
1/29/2015 16:29:16   
The Jop

But those are terrible. (At least in comparison to iron hide and corruption)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
1/29/2015 16:43:35   
Gorillo Titan

DIDN'T YOU say last tournament they should ban corruption and iron hide plus? Think about this no one in the tournament can use corruption anyway and the only things with iron hide are the dual character.
Post #: 56
1/29/2015 16:52:01   
The Jop

Yeah, yeah, but not being able to properly use the only free character with Greater Heal changes things.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
1/29/2015 16:57:09   
Gorillo Titan

restrictions just mean you have to work harder with the stuff you have.
Post #: 58
1/30/2015 1:10:59   
The Finnish Phoenix

Signeous used Power Strike over Corruption anyway, not that I agree but it's an idea as a strong attack card for Energize and SuperCharged.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
1/30/2015 3:09:57   
salene

All these tournaments and such coming up are so exciting! I just can't wait!

Violet Feline,
The cats claws,
the cats-nip,
the cats meow,
The cat...?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 60
1/30/2015 3:27:22   
WikiMeister

Banning most, if not all the Light Legendaries is tempting in this tournament due to their abundance of heavy strike cards such as Retribution and signature Greater Heal abilities, but of course, this action would rule out most of the variety in light-aligned characters (I mean, who would want to see a tournament filled to the brim with Felinxes, Pallies, Light Fairies, Priests of Ver and the odd Pikeman Commander?). However, on the flip-side, Legendaries of Light *do* have the greatest chance of winning and or getting to the final rounds within the tournament, which can bias this towards SG buying players (even if the regular player has access to Bavaria Zwei).

Objectively, as a player favouring generally offense-oriented characters, Templar could warrant just as a good a reason as the Seraphim of Ver to be prohibited from the tourney... since their number of Greater Heals are on par with its contemporary, only with superior strike cards (with no 'junk' strikes, like the 100 pierce). It should be easy enough a task to load Templar up with 515 defences and additional basic heals (since Penance CC's are banned, to my good fortune!), and it'll turn out just like another Seraphim... only that it hits harder.

Perhaps it might be better to ban all SG-purchasable Light Legendaries with exception to Sentry Lord (since its substandard deck is not as representative of its rank compared to the others), thereby limiting Light Legendaries solely to the CC-flexible OmniKnight and the Sentry Lord. The key in the preparatory stage of the Light Tournament is to narrow the power disparity between an SG-paying player and a regular one, and I thought this suggestion might be reasonable to do.

< Message edited by WikiMeister -- 1/30/2015 3:28:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
1/30/2015 7:18:52   
Gorillo Titan

Skurge is giving you guys time to get powerful light characters since sign up start February 10 so you have several days to train the valentine light characters.
Post #: 62
1/31/2015 15:06:10   
R.chime

there is always PAC, if ppl whom can get him haven't decided, it's all about choices
Post #: 63
1/31/2015 17:45:14   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Just curious: will Bunny Berserker stand a chance in the light tourney?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
1/31/2015 17:48:17   
Gorillo Titan

Anything's possible if you use the heart of the cards.
Post #: 65
1/31/2015 17:54:14   
The Finnish Phoenix

Pendulum Summon your Light monsters and boost their attack with Honest.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 66
2/1/2015 11:59:30   
Gorillo Titan

How about a royalty tournament only characters with king and queen in there name? We have 5 right?
Post #: 67
2/1/2015 12:18:46   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Pumpking, Clan King, Queen Aegea, Queen Ghypsophila, and Frost Queen.

I doubt the last two stand a chance xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
2/1/2015 12:29:47   
Gorillo Titan

Frost queen can put in work draw 3 shatters and a freeze first turn.
Post #: 69
2/1/2015 15:08:51   
Elite Tuga

I agree with Skurge's decisions. Templar & Founder Champion are pretty strong for 'Light Tournament' characters against non-SG players, as their decks are pretty balanced with great heals/defence & attacks (full house). Despite that said, it should be fine tho, as Templar & F. Champion are pretty energy costly & between turns of healing one should focus on attacking or they won't get no-where in battle. Overall they are okay to stay IMO.

The CC's banned: Corruption, Iron Hide & Penance are okay with me also. This can avoid abusive battles with no end & also avoid 'Flash Player' from freezing our long effort battles. After all we want this 'Light Tournament' to be exciting not dull & tiring!

Epic  Post #: 70
2/3/2015 20:08:05   
clintonian

Bavaria Zwei can handle even the legends

Post Edit: Quietube video to prevent any complications with comment section and forum rules. ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 2/3/2015 21:38:31 >
Post #: 71
2/3/2015 20:29:42   
The Jop

Oh, that's good to hear since that's my only option. Good luck, everyone who's participating.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
2/3/2015 20:45:35   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

I would have liked to join using Rainbowtheus xD

Unfortunately, I'm only on during the weekends and only the afternoon, so looks like I'm sitting out the last elemental tournament. Good luck to all participants :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
2/3/2015 22:41:42   
Gorillo Titan

Will these cards be banned in a dual tournament I think nothing needs to be banned?
Post #: 74
2/5/2015 2:36:30   
R.chime

well they'll have to at least ban iron hide...
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Tournament Feedback Thread
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition