Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 23 of 27«<2122232425>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/18/2015 22:56:16   
DD.CLYDESTER

Is it me or pets attack 0 damage, my charisma is still 0 though
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 551
6/24/2015 11:32:02   
Codeeve

When My Sister Invites (She does not have a pet Dragon) it Deals 0 Damage also what's the new Ugly Popsprocket loading)]

me to the only pet which works is my Baby Dragon

DF looks so pretty now! But I've noticed that my pet dragon is dealing 0 damage :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same Here but with my pets, my dragon is fine

Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post.
For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting . ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 6/24/2015 12:26:16 >

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/avatars/DragonFable/Miscellaneous/2rxgppe.gif
DF MQ  Post #: 552
6/24/2015 16:13:23   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

Hey Ash, I've been replaying the Nythera Dragonmage quests, and I realized that her skills use up a LOT of mana, and that her Rain skill just isn't really replenishing enough to carry through the fights after the WIS nerf. Do you think you could lower the costs a bit/make Rain replenish a bit more?
DF  Post #: 553
6/24/2015 16:29:00   
Ash

quote:

DF looks so pretty now! But I've noticed that my pet dragon is dealing 0 damage :(

I didn't respond before since I was working on it but that was fixed a while back just in case anyone wasn't aware.

quote:

Do you think you could lower the costs a bit/make Rain replenish a bit more?

If you refresh and try the quests again it should be easier to progress through now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 554
6/24/2015 16:32:16   
Shadows Morgenstern

Awww, I actually loved how tricky those quests were. XD Made them more fun and helped show what sort of challenges Nythera was going through.

Nythera's class was great actually. Great storyline too. Shame her story ended with 'to be continued in AQW' *sigh*.
DF  Post #: 555
7/12/2015 3:05:48   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Is it just me or is Dragonlord's Bash skill not causing any damage to Monsters even though it's stunning just fine...? It's even showing the damage dealt yet the stunned Monster has a full life.

I agree with the fact that DF looks a lot better with this engine. The use of different shades and the addition of extra designs to the various buttons is really nice although on a whole, the game seems slower. Is that a side-effect of adding all the new icons and the redesigns...?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 556
7/12/2015 9:27:10   
Ash

- Bugs needs to be reported to the bug tracker. If you have a question about a particular class this thread isn't really the place for that as we have threads for every class and this isn't a question based on the changes. As to your question, I just slapped on an energy weapon and used all 8 versions of the armor (male/female) and was doing damage to the driller with each with bash.

It's related to your computer. An older CPU or Video Card will cause slowdowns like that. In order to remain competitive while capturing and holding interest of new players upping the look of the game was necessary. To do that though we had to do things that may slow performance on older computers. Lots of people want the flashy graphics but those come with a downside.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 557
7/12/2015 11:09:03   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Sorry, I wasn't reporting a bug. Just confirming if this is what everyone's facing. I'll keep an eye on the armor if it's working fine.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 558
7/12/2015 13:26:42   
Shadows Morgenstern

quote:

Because we can't track items in your bank because of how it's setup, if we could then the armor closet and badges wouldn't stop working right when you dumped an inventory armor into the bank, we first off can't properly track how long you've had one and we can't get a reliable way to see if you have one or not at all times.

Just making sure this isn't something that will be changed when the bank interface is updated?
DF  Post #: 559
7/12/2015 13:36:31   
Ash

Not unless Verly or I get deeper Database access to setup different ways to track things and check on various current root pathways.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 560
7/12/2015 13:37:41   
Shadows Morgenstern

Well we can hope you guys get granted permission then! You would think ye would be allowed already seeing as it seems there are many times ye have needed someone higher up to step in to do something like these, and since ye have both done so much but ah well, guess they have to be pretty strict about that level of database entry.

< Message edited by Shadows Morgenstern -- 7/12/2015 13:44:48 >
DF  Post #: 561
7/12/2015 16:07:49   
admahu

Probably not the place for it. But is there any plan to try linking things like the "new" (although years old now) screams, roars, clanks, etc. to the "Sound" option so you can turn them off, or make a new option that covers them?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 562
7/12/2015 16:09:46   
Ash

I'm trying to get something for that setup. Mainly it's an issue of if it's not in the main sound file for the game itself it doesn't want to recognize them. I'm trying to work on something for 14.1 that makes it recognize them and pressing sound off actually makes it all stay off. No promises because it may horribly blow up but that's something I'm working on trying to do.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 563
7/26/2015 1:04:09   
Skyflakes

As David the Wanderer have said to me that perhaps this is the right place for my post would be acceptable (from my Q&A post).

I would like these to happen:
* This should me applied when untraining stats (from dragon/hero), deleting/selling collectibles like scrap metal.
* To increase the % of X-Boost at least from 10 to 15 or 20% since leveling up is a pain according to Talion which I agree (maybe by gaining that we should upgrade our X-Boost to Cysero for 200 DCs?).
* To lessen the amount of Defender's Medal of Elemental Unity Which is 500 since it has many upgrade levels and it is tiring to gain mass number of 500.
* Improving/make something like the best farm area from Voltabolt's quest by stacking at least 5 or 10 Junkyard Driller/Doom Cola in one quest.

I hope no one would be offended by this. By the way I love DragonFable. This is the first game that I have loved and I'm supporting this game by buying game upgrades which is a good strategy for income and also for the players to enjoy more power and to have a good time with the game.
Post #: 564
7/26/2015 1:17:05   
Verecundi Animus

^Funny you mention Dragon Training...
I'm not really a fan of the way the Baby Dragon earns it's skills.
The skills themselves are fine, but the 'can only eat once a day' thing kind of feels artificially long to me.
You buy an item, feed it to your dragon. 0 - 600 points, even with the 5 pont chow, takes 120 days. And otherwise, you might as well not even bother.
Maybe one could make training your Baby Dragon a bit more difficult and interactive, but not as long?
Like a quest which gives a certain amount of points (say 10 or so) per day?
(... Or you could just increase the amount of Chow that could be eaten per day... I'd imagine a growing Dragon would need to be fead often.)
Just my two cents.

@Sky
What I mean is that I don't like the way you earn the upgrade points. Actually spending them is fine (though I totally agree with the slider for deleting say scrap metal from Voltabolt).

< Message edited by Verecundi Animus -- 7/26/2015 1:42:04 >
Post #: 565
7/26/2015 1:22:39   
Chaoshaper

@Skyflakes: I'm going to try and provide some info on plans relating to your ideas until someone can give better/more secure responses.

1. The Staff have been working on something like this for a while now, but it has turned out to be more complicated than hoped, so it may take a while if it ever does get added.

2. Ash has already reduced the amount of exp required to level up in higher levels. Definitely easier to do now.

3. Ash mentioned the E.U. Trinket having such high merge requirements because even its base form is rather powerful, a multi-hit attack which can blind an enemy and really high base stats. The higher leveled versions are better but harder to get in order to better reward people who fight hard in the wars.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 566
7/26/2015 1:34:00   
Skyflakes

@Verecundi Animus What I mean by that is you keep on clicking the + button multiple times. See this. This makes it easier to train again. Also needed when selling/destroying stuff like Scrap Metal.

Also I apologize for posting suggestions directly since I have been away with DF and I don't know there are now game changes. Now I know, thanks Chaoshaper and to the staff who've improved the game.

Also what I want most is stacking/making something like at least 5 junkyard/Doom Cola in one quest since that's the best farm area so clicks will be lessen and fingers would not get easily tired by keep on clicking "close" and other buttons especially when you pass Scrap Metals.

< Message edited by Skyflakes -- 7/26/2015 4:17:13 >
Post #: 567
7/26/2015 3:23:31   
Chazero

The thing with supposedly "simple" changes to important game functions, Dragonfable is an old game and over the years many things have been added over the 9 years the game has been out. This equates to many many MANY lines of code. There is no telling how much effort it will take to make these changes unless you get an answer from Verly, Ash, or Captain Rhubarb.

< Message edited by Chazero -- 7/26/2015 3:24:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 568
7/26/2015 8:25:20   
Ash

quote:

* This should me applied when untraining stats (from dragon/hero), deleting/selling collectibles like scrap metal.

We are trying to work on something similar to this for multi sell/delete but it's not as easy to put in AFTER the game is this old. That's why we haven't done it yet. It would not be able to be applied to stat training though as that's a different system and DF's is not setup the way it needs to be for that to work.
quote:

* To increase the % of X-Boost at least from 10 to 15 or 20% since leveling up is a pain according to Talion which I agree (maybe by gaining that we should upgrade our X-Boost to Cysero for 200 DCs?).

I lowered the amount of EXP you need to level for the upper levels so that should substantially cut down on the time needed to level. X-Boost are not getting an increase because they aren't meant to work like that. Level at your own pace and however fast you want. This IS an RPG however and leveling from 1 to cap shouldn't be done in the space of 5 hours. Spend the time playing through the storylines.

quote:

* To lessen the amount of Defender's Medal of Elemental Unity Which is 500 since it has many upgrade levels and it is tiring to gain mass number of 500.

DM items, and that trinket especially are luxury items. That means they are intended to cost a substantial amount of currency to upgrade because they are optional equipment that is a status symbol. The costs won't be lowered due to that fact. The amount of stats the maxed out trinket gives you are WAY to much for what it is which is why it takes so long to max out. Just the base version is more than powerful enough, tossing stats on top of it makes it very strong.

quote:

* Improving/make something like the best farm area from Voltabolt's quest by stacking at least 5 or 10 Junkyard Driller/Doom Cola in one quest.

See the above comment about, "this is an RPG where you don't go from 1 to cap in 5 hours."

While the suggestions are good at their core, and the first one is one I wish I could do because it is a good idea, they can't be fit into DF for a variety of reasons. Taking the RPG out of an RPG just makes it a click fest. There have to be some core components that are there and there are some things we either can't change for mechanical reasons right now, or it causes power issues and we want to minimize that unless you spend the time actually earning that breakyness.

quote:

I'm not really a fan of the way the Baby Dragon earns it's skills.
The skills themselves are fine, but the 'can only eat once a day' thing kind of feels artificially long to me.
You buy an item, feed it to your dragon. 0 - 600 points, even with the 5 pont chow, takes 120 days. And otherwise, you might as well not even bother.
Maybe one could make training your Baby Dragon a bit more difficult and interactive, but not as long?
Like a quest which gives a certain amount of points (say 10 or so) per day?
(... Or you could just increase the amount of Chow that could be eaten per day... I'd imagine a growing Dragon would need to be fead often.)
Just my two cents.

The length is intended. The Dragon Pet/Guest is the single most customizable thing in the game. You make it your own "best" option. Need a pocket healer? It can do that. Need a portable nerf basket? It can do that. Need something to just buff your damage? It can do that. Want all three at once? It can do that too. The cost of getting all of that is time. If it didn't take as long as it does to max it out you wouldn't get as much as you do for the points. There are always trade-offs and in this case to do everything the dragon does you have to spend the time feeding it. Time = power.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 569
7/26/2015 8:30:41   
Verecundi Animus

quote:

The length is intended. The Dragon Pet/Guest is the single most customizable thing in the game. You make it your own "best" option. Need a pocket healer? It can do that. Need a portable nerf basket? It can do that. Need something to just buff your damage? It can do that. Want all three at once? It can do that too. The cost of getting all of that is time. If it didn't take as long as it does to max it out you wouldn't get as much as you do for the points. There are always trade-offs and in this case to do everything the dragon does you have to spend the time feeding it. Time = power.

Okay, you have a point!
Though, I think the point of making it interactable still stands, and I think a quest or something to get that 1/2/5 points would be neat.
On the other hand, probably really hard to implement for the reasons you stated as to why making a multi-delete item is difficult: it's so old.
Thanks for the reply, Ash, and glad to know multi-deleting is being worked on.

< Message edited by Verecundi Animus -- 7/26/2015 8:36:27 >
Post #: 570
7/26/2015 8:37:30   
Ash

Making it intractable would be nice but we'd have to find a way to do it properly. Do we make you feed him and then go do something like how you played catch or tag with your cloud serpent in WoW? Do we forgo the entire "eating food" training thing and just make it the interactive quest? If we did that how do we deal with making a DC option to speed it up because that's how it was done originally and we need to port it over in a 1:1 fashion. Making you pay to do a quest is iffy in most cases. I don't know off the top of my head a proper way to do what you want while preserving what the original intent was and making sure it's possible in the engine how it was built.

< Message edited by Ash -- 7/26/2015 8:38:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 571
7/26/2015 9:11:35   
Skyflakes

@Ash, as I have said before, I'm sorry for posting directly since I'm away with DF for a long time that's why I'm not updated.
I also know that leveling up to cap would be impossible in hours since I already have 4 level 80 (I've started playing in 2008). Sorry for planning of haste on leveling up since I'm ecstatic for the other 2 to reach cap.

Now I know the updates, thank you so much for the information and making the game easier and better! Battle on!
Post #: 572
7/26/2015 11:06:43   
Brasca123

well, it would be interesting to have a quest to train the dragon but... since the amount of points put into the dragon would be the same as now, i think it'd just make the process more tiring, since you'd have to do the quest for training every day, also, i can't think of any good way of doing it, the idea is interesting, but i can't see a good way to implement it, nor do i think it would be worth the extra time involved into feeding the dragon everyday for 600 days
AQ DF  Post #: 573
7/26/2015 11:57:25   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

Idea for dragon training:
You do the quest, and it rewards you with 1 feed/whatever, but then Elysia also offers a shop where you can turn DCs into dragon iron which is then merged with the base feed to form improved dragon chow, which is healthier (resulting in more efficient training).
I can see why it takes a long time to do, and I'm glad that I already have 600/600, but a 2-year commitment is a pretty big ask for one of the first big quest rewards in DF, even if it only takes like 2 minutes to do each day. AQW has both daily quests and repeaters with reduced reward, so I hope something like that can be done here.

For the multi-delete, I think the only item in the game that everybody has an obscene stack of is scrap metal, so what about fixing the Voltabolt merge into a real merge shop, and then offering the ability to convert X0 scrap metals into a hunk of scrap metal like they did with Atelan Artifacts during the third Wargoth war?
DF AQW  Post #: 574
7/26/2015 12:34:33   
Ash

First big reward? I don't...

Ok, let me put it this way. If someone is upset that the 1 minute, or less, daily feeding is taking too long then they need to understand that this isn't a mobile game with instant gratification. Second, this is an RPG. In every other RPG you have to do slightly annoying things to get better rewards. In this case I'm not going to sugar coat something that literally takes almost no time to do. Yes, I get it. It's boring, it's not engaging, it doesn't feel "special and amazing and lights up my gaming experience." I get that people want everything in a game to be spectacular but not everything will be. In this case you're tossing food at a dragon. It's not going to be glamorous.

So you want me to turn the "only" Exp grinding area into the best gold spot as well? People would sit there from level 10 onward, ignore the game itself, and just grind out the boss because they can merge into an item and sell it for gold. Then they'll be level 80 with some bought weapons and be bored because any sense of growth is gone when they try and do any book 1 quests. How do I know that? Because I get told that at least 5 times a week by players who have tried to do that! The point of the lowered Exp cap per level was to make people actually PLAY THE GAME. You know, go through the story, get drops, sell those drops, experience the quest lines. Putting a "proper" merge, when that's not what this would be since merging scrap to bigger scrap isn't proper in terms of what Volt would ask for, would just further reinforce in people's minds that they MUST farm here. I'm not going to reinforce that fact when I'm trying to do things to break people of that mindset.

That doesn't even touch on the fact people would then complain that the merge items don't have more of a sell price than the 10 or 50 you would have to merge into to begin with. Nevermind the fact I'd say that it would be the same or lower sell back, I'd get complaints from people who don't read just like I get them now. I get enough messages and complaints as it is now that the game isn't "optimal" and quick to blow through everything. I'm not adding more to that. I'm especially not compounding an already detrimental mindset with more on top.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 23 of 27«<2122232425>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition