Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Elryn

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Elryn
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/17/2015 22:55:58   
Occavatra

Elryn

Location: Prologue - Longing, The Third Floor, Escape from Espina Rosa, Starcrossed - The Thorns of the Rose, Icy Beginnings

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
Prologue - Longing

???: Peculiar indeed.

???: The Primal bond between a Dragonlord and his Dragon... Reaching beyond the magic that borned it.
???: Hmhmhmhm...

???: It has been a while since I last saw that one.

The Third Floor

???: So… it truly is you…
???: But of course, it could only be you… it had to be.
???: Just as the Wind had told…

???: Yes, the Wind… YOUR Wind.

???: The Wind tells everyone’s story. Carrying their words, taking them away…
???: Though the words are taken away, their echoes remain. Echoes in the wind…
???: Make up your Wind. If you can hear the echoes, the whispers of that Wind, then you can hear the bearer of that Wind…

???: No… Not everything. Some things, but not everything… Too much sound, too much noise…
???: Like the noise of a storm. The wind blowing through many, many leaves of trees. A choir’s many voices…
???: …all come together to make a song yet every voice is distinct and different, no matter how small a difference…
???: Like a busy tavern lively in the night. Only the loudest of things said, those said again and again or said by many can be heard easily.
???: The stronger echoes.

???: Very many echoes… A storm unlike others. A great strength but not simply in terms of skill.
???: Hailed “hero” from as far as Ostveld reaches Ovungu Zoyo…
???: Many good a word, praise, thanks and cheers said to your name… Willed or not, a friend to many. The many different.
???: Caretaking of many souls both big and small.
???: The burden of caring for them but not being able to save them all.

???: Great titles given. Red Dragon Slayer. Undead Breaker. Vanquisher of the Great Darkness…
???: More recently, a similar glee to a welcomed return. Once thought to be lost… has been found again.
???: But not all echoes… ring so well.

???: An absence felt… painfully… Questions… cries of misery, despair, indignation…
???: Where have you gone? Why have you gone? Why are you not helping us? Protecting us? Defending us?
???: Why did you leave us? Why did you forsake us? Why… Why did you abandon us?

???: So much changes… in only a single year. And you, <Character>… have been gone for many a one.

Elryn: You are curiously well informed.
Elryn: Now indulge me, <Character>…
Elryn: Just what in the Avatars’ names are you doing in the dark underbelly of the Runed Fortress?

Escape from Espina Rosa

Elryn: Nothing to say?
Elryn: You could at the very least tell how it is you know of me.

Elryn: Kara SuLema?

Elryn: It has been a while since I have heard that name...
Elryn: Then again, it has been a while since I heard any old names really.

Elryn: What?

Elryn: <Character>-

Elryn: No, wait! <Character>!!

Elryn: <Character>, please!
Elryn: <Character>!

Elryn: <Character>! Listen-

Elryn: WATCH OUT!

Elryn: Rhydd

Elryn: That should keep them busy a while.

Elryn: I used the powers of the Wards to temporarily annul the Rhydd of their being.

Elryn: Temporarily annul the Rhydd of their being?

Elryn: Rescinded the primal aspect of their inner freedom?

Elryn: Fancyshmancymagicy paralysis stuff.

Elryn: The other magical explanations did seem to go over your head.

Elryn: That works for me.

Elryn: A group of men have stormed the Fortress and are heading our way.

Elryn: They are not your allies?

Elryn: It looks like they are having a bonding moment. It would likely be best if we leave them be.

Elryn: Now you... Dracelix is it?

Elryn: Why are you and the others here?

Elryn: Leon?

Elryn: All this recently?

Elryn: It is very much the opposite.

Elryn: It is you who have fallen into a trap.

Starcrossed - The Thorns of the Rose

Elryn: Code Orange. That is the trap!

Elryn:

Elryn: Only the worst…
Elryn: The full might of the Rose’s army, as much as can be mustered on sudden notice, is immediately mobilized to the Runed Fortress!

Elryn: To capture the Rebels that are attacking the Fortress, of course.

Elryn: Someone in the Rose that surmised that the Rebels would target Espina Rosa…
Elryn: … and thus it is a perfect occasion to turn the Fortress into a Rebel trap.

Elryn: Aye. Neither he nor the Rose must know that the Hero of Falconreach was involved a plot against Espina Rosa!
Elryn: You must leave immediately!

Elryn: There is no time for all those explanations!
Elryn: I may have given us a bit of time by interrupting the alarm almost immediately…
Elryn: … however I doubt it will delay them long if Espina Rosa continues to remain unresponsive to any communication.
Elryn: We must go!

Elryn: *deep sigh* It is not really a matter of choice, <Character>… You will need my help making it out of the Third Floor.
Elryn: After all, Dracelix and Navon’s company would have not made it here had I not communicated them the way…

Elryn: … was me. Yes.

Elryn: What do you mean?

Elryn: ….Fair point.

Elryn: Hmm….
Elryn: Ah, I know!

Elryn: There… Now the Wind of your little “accident” is gone. They shall not remember it.

Elryn: Two weeks?

Elryn: …..
Elryn: I can only disperse Wind when it has not echoed yet…. Two weeks… is far beyond the time that Wind has echoed.
Elryn: I can do nothing about that, <Character>.

Elryn: Where is the real Edd?

Elryn: … This will do.
Elryn: Granted, it is not perfect…. but it will confuse the Rose just enough to keep them off your trail.

Elryn: Aye…
Elryn: Let us go! And quickly now!

Elryn: Almost. We still need to escape the fortress.

Elryn: … The entrance of Espina Rosa! The Rose is here!
Elryn: You must go! Now!

Elryn: There is no need to worry about him, <Character>! He has been taken care of just as the other members of the Rose here have.

Elryn: <Character>…
Elryn: You and your allies go. I will stay here and delay the Rose a bit longer to make sure you escape safely.

Elryn: It is fine. I had already planned to go my own way once we had come to this point. To go our own separate ways.

Elryn: It is doubtful your path of escape was designed with another half dozen rebels and I in mind.
Elryn: It will be much better this way. I will use the power of the Wards one last time before leaving this place to ensure it.

Elryn: You and I both… And speaking of which, I do have one thing for you before you go.

Elryn: Since the moment the purpose of your mission here has been clear to me…
Elryn: I have been wondering what exactly motivated Kara to send you on such a dangerous mission for the sole purpose of escaping with me…
Elryn: I am certainly not the solution to all the problems that plague you with the Rose…
Elryn: But I do know something about Akanthus, and I think that it likely is or was that which was sought. Something that could help you.

Elryn: That Akanthus lies to everyone.
Elryn: That Akanthus namely, <Character>, lies to Jaania… The leader of the Rose.
Elryn: Whatever he plots and schemes about…. Jaania has been kept out of it and may have very well had the wool pulled over her eyes.

Elryn: Have you explored and delved into Swordhaven since you came back?

Elryn: Then go there… and get to the bottom of this. That is my wisdom to you.

Elryn: Go!

Elryn: *chuckles* Now that is something I can agree to.

Icy Beginnings

???: What do you seek... Guardian?

???: The children of Frostfyre?

???: The name the Ice Giants take upon themselves. It is said to refer to the first and greatest of Ice Giants.
???: As I understand it, it also is the name for a special kind of fire. But that is... from notes scrawled on the margins of old pages.

???: The lore of the Ice Giants is ancient... Whatever is known certainly is.
???: It is my understanding that once there were great numbers of Ice Giants, but what happened to them is a mystery.
???: I have read old text saying that there was once a great war against them. A great many races were allied against them.
???: After that they seem to disappear from history.

???: So far as I know, they were driven to the extreme north... That is the best information I can give you.
???: There was once a great body of information, but most of it has gone missing or perhaps been destroyed over the centuries.

???: That is lost lore. To find it, you would have to either seek the Library of the Lost...
???: ... which is impractical at best, or to find a living Ice Giant, which seems unlikely.

???: Most of the lore is lost or destroyed, but you may ask and I will tell what little there is to know.

???: What few records survive indicate that they were extremely warlike. They were a proud tribal people.
???: I understand that they were also raiders, often striking costal villages and taking what they needed.
???: To be honest, this is not completely clear... I have come across other evidence that they were farmers and hunters....

???: As I said, I kenned them to be raiders. There is a chance that their victims soon tired of the raids and thus they came into conflict.
???: I would assume that this did mean there were frequent eruptions of hostility.
???: All that was long ago, however.

???: That is difficult to say. There is word that among them were the occasional Elementalist.
???: I am not certain if this appears throughout the race, or in any single clan. I have heard rumours, but nothing definitive.

???: There have been occasional reports and wayfarers' tales of what might be encounters with them...
???: ... but these reports are largely dismissed as tall tales.

???: No, but there were some records of an Ice Giant village... shortly before their exile...
???: ... that existed in the region somewhat farther north of the Ruins of Bask.
???: Mayhap you should start there.

Alternative Image
Image in Icy Beginnings

Also See: Elryn (forum user)

Thanks to Chaosweaver Amon for image.

< Message edited by Occavatra -- 7/8/2017 8:32:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Elryn
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition