Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/29/2015 23:42:07   
Dark Lord Urmi

what i meant was i never use soul weaver. if anything that proves that its an in game choice we can make i doubt tomix would abandon the class he worked so hard on. so those of you who dont want it DONT HAVE TO GET IT. while those of use who do will enjoy the chaos.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 201
4/29/2015 23:42:21   
gakorogirl

quote:

well, if fleshweaver becomes real, I don't think it will change THAT much in the story, I mean, technicaly, Ravenloss is a side-saga. Our focus was on the orbs saga, the atealans and now the Rose, Ravenloss never had (and might never have) any weight in the main story, which means Aegis, Tomix, Aspar, etc, dont have anything to do, and never will, with our main saga. Their loss pass unnoticed.

Not quite true, though- you had to play through Book 1 Ravenloss before you could finish the Darkness Orb saga.
DF AQW  Post #: 202
4/29/2015 23:43:57   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

really? wasn't the darkness orb (or, the necropolis) before ravenloss? I remmeber getting Necromancer (and loving it) waaaaay before Ravenloss, Necromancer was the clas I used throughout ravenloss, as a matter of fact. Besides, there is still my point that NOTHING we did in ravenloss was ever MENTIONED outside ravenloss.
DF AQW  Post #: 203
4/29/2015 23:47:24   
gakorogirl

quote:

really? wasn't the darkness orb (or, the necropolis) before ravenloss? I remmeber getting Necromancer (and loving it) waaaaay before Ravenloss, Necromancer was the clas I used throughout ravenloss, as a matter of fact. Besides, there is still my point that NOTHING we did in ravenloss was ever MENTIONED outside ravenloss.

Well, I don't remember it too well since I was like 11 when Final 13th came out, but the quests don't go in a sequential order. That's how people play them now, because it's easier, but the final Darkness Orb quest was released not long before the beginning of Final 13th. Check the DNs if you need more confirmation.

And in that quest we have to go get Tomix from Ravenloss and he takes the Orb out of Vayle's soul. And you had to have defeated Greed first.
DF AQW  Post #: 204
4/29/2015 23:50:22   
Deviance

Having this option gives a better incentive to create another different account with different choices. If this does go through, I expect the company to make a bit more money because of people buying more DAs for their other characters and more DCs to buy new shiny stuffs :3 Its also cool ^^ And Im still wondering what in the world will happen with Secondus. We eat him too to get the other side of the skill set (left for Aegis, Right for secondus?) or if we possibly keep him or what!!!
DF  Post #: 205
4/29/2015 23:54:28   
gakorogirl

Sorry, but I seem to be missing something- who's Secundos again?
DF AQW  Post #: 206
4/30/2015 0:00:06   
flashbang

The dealer for the Chaosweaver class.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 207
4/30/2015 0:00:19   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

soul ally we will have for ChaosWeaver
DF AQW  Post #: 208
4/30/2015 0:10:43   
Almighty Agathor

quote:

if we become FLeshweavers...wont that block soul weaver from us? Wont that kinda make us unable to use this class ever again?

Tomix said this on page 2, post number 50. Its at the very bottom, Ergotth
quote:

Once you train as a Fleshweaver, soulweaving as well as any other form of weaving might be locked out.
Possessing others/body jumping is not a fleshweaver skill.
It's what Roirr does.

Let me ask you, does a machine such as yourself ever experience fear?!
DF AQW  Post #: 209
4/30/2015 0:16:30   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

sorry, too many pages to read, I skipped it accidentaly xD Although it would be neat to have some kind of semi-possession skill, like, inserting a sliv of your soul to cause internal damage (DoT) But that could be a chaosweaver skills, "insert a corrupt spirit to cause damage to the enemy's soul"
DF AQW  Post #: 210
4/30/2015 0:28:21   
Almighty Agathor

Its alright. I didnt read pages 2- I think 6. I read the first 3 posts, and decided I wasn't going to talk about this subject, until I decided to see where the convo went. Then I seen that the class was pretty much confirmed, I was like "time for my input!" Lol
DF AQW  Post #: 211
4/30/2015 0:40:23   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

why can't fleshweaver be DC and Chaosweaver be like any class T^T?
DF AQW  Post #: 212
4/30/2015 0:41:26   
megakyle777

So, just as a matter of curiosity, if Chaosweaver, a presumably evil art, is a Non canon DC class, why is Fleshweaver a canon class? Is it solely just because "GUYS IT'S MORE EVIL SO YOU MUST DO SOMETHING EVIL TO WEILD IT?" Because last I chekced Chaosweaving was a evil art too what with using corupped elemental spirits and all. What is the difference here is all I'm asking.
DF  Post #: 213
4/30/2015 0:43:42   
Dark Lord Urmi

flesh weaving is far more evil and will have a bigger impact when made canon since you have to EAT your soul ally...or a soul ally still eating souls is not very nice. the difference is one you ally with corrupted souls and is more or less the same as a soulweaver. fleshing weaving using FLESH and BONE and allows the consumption of life to become stronger like what the baron did.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 4/30/2015 0:45:18 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 214
4/30/2015 0:49:59   
Drop_Bear

I doubt I would grab this class on my main, but on an alt? Quite possibly. As for locking us out of the other weaving classes it would definitely lock us out of sw/msw and probably soulsmith if that ever becomes a class. As for chaosweaver I doubt we would be locked out of that as it is non cannon as a DC class and by the sounds of it even has a different soul ally so i'm not seeing a problem there. So unless soulsmith comes out this seems to be a Soulweaver vs Fleshweaver type deal.

So if this is like the base classes where we choose one and lose the other it means Fleshweaver will need to be tier 3 on-par with MasterSoulweaver (or else what would be the point?).
One interesting point to address is that the Balentail's Aventail will eventually effect MSW (so I hear) meaning that It would need to compensate for that boost to be competition enough for people to contemplate it form a power perspective.

Perhaps Fleshweaver could have an in-built artefact like effect making it immediately on par with artefact boosted MSW as the power boost for sacrificing Aegis. Hopefully this would not make it gamebreaking as it would still be on MSW level while still giving power. It would be effectively sacrificing Aegis to not have to farm for the rare artefact.

It would be interesting if this choice had actual impacts on the story though as others have expressed the potential need for differences in cutscenes/story based off Aegis's presence may be a problem.

As long as its thought out by the devs, as I'm sure it will be, I don't see any problem with it existing and would give some depth to evil roleplay characters.
Post #: 215
4/30/2015 1:07:07   
Dark Lord Urmi

i doubt it would be game breaking i mean the devs have said time again that teir 4 would only have one class in it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 216
4/30/2015 3:23:32   
Baron Dante

quote:

You make that same choice in every other situation. You choose (or can't for other reasons) not to buy a DA, you don't get all the skills on most classes. You choose (or can't for other reasons) not to buy DC's and you lose access to all DC classes. You choose (or can't for other reasons) not to buy a calender you lose access to that year's class. You choose (or can't for other reasons) not to buy DoomKnight and you lose access to that class. This is no different. You could choose to take the moral ground and keep your friend alive and you get the classes linked to Aegis in some way. You could choose to eat him and you get Fleshweaver.

I feel it's a bit different though.
With all these examples (Parring the calendar classes, I guess. But those fall under special orders and/or rares) you don't lock yourself out of content. You just gain more of it.
If anything, it's far more like picking what your character is like in the beginning in the game. Every last aspect of that can be changed later on with the use of Dragon Coins.

It just irks me that no matter what, you couldn't have the best of both worlds. I really wouldn't mind if it was, say, undoable via a huge chunk of DCs. It wouldn't necessarily mean I'd ever use it, but having the option there would mean I'd have no issues with Fleshweaver doing a thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 217
4/30/2015 3:59:31   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

@megakyle
actualy, Chaosweaver, as much as you side with a corrupted spirit, doesn't have to be evil, its like necromancy, its evil as the user, so if we can just convince our soul ally to shut up and help, we can do good things.
DF AQW  Post #: 218
4/30/2015 5:04:54   
Kai Kazama

Honestly we should have the Fleshweaver class JUST for the option. But I'd think that Chaosweavers and Soul Smiths should come FIRST since they were talked about a little longer.

Y'know, Chaosweavers coming first, then Soul Smiths, then Fleshweavers since we're literally just now finding out about it. It'd be more fair that way, and it'll give the players time to make the decision to play as a Fleshweaver later on. We only know about Roirr's powers and class from recent events, but not much else. I'm all for the Fleshweaver class AFTER the storyline is finished. That way I'll know more before I make the decision to absorb Aegis(which I won't).

That's my personal stance on the subject.

< Message edited by Kai Kazama -- 4/30/2015 5:06:44 >
DF  Post #: 219
4/30/2015 7:08:42   
G.t.h

Man, just imagine what kind of brain freeze you would get from devourin' Aegis.
But I'm actually WITH the concept of the Fleshweaver class, and the price on it is only fair, I mean what did you expect from something with "Flesh" in it?
And adding the option to devour Aegis or not would be lovely.
AQW  Post #: 220
4/30/2015 9:10:14   
Rio3678

quote:

Well from some light skimming it seems Dragon_MasterN7 lightriftwalker122 ad3022 Snakezarr W.A.R.Z. and someothers are for it, versus everyone else who says no...

And then there's me who's on neutral ground. I've stated before I have mixed feelings about this. I like to keep a Moral ground, but I also like to explore the abiltities of every potential class. I like Aegis, but I feel Flesh Weaver could be a potentially powerful class, maybe good for farming Forget I said that last part. I said nothing right there.

quote:

Honestly we should have the Fleshweaver class JUST for the option. But I'd think that Chaosweavers and Soul Smiths should come FIRST since they were talked about a little longer.

I agree there. If Flesh Weaver does become available, I'd get it on a different character, not my main one. But I agree, I'd rather have Chaos Weaver and Soul Smith come out first.

Master of Light and Darkness
Rio Skyron
with Bianca, my blade of Destiny
theme song
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 221
4/30/2015 9:34:05   
gakorogirl

It seems to me that what we need is more details- e.g. will it be a choice, will you be able to complete the Vaaloirr Saga without making that choice, and what I'm most concerned about- won't it have an effect on the other NPCs? Even if, say, I didn't go for Fleshweaver, then would there still be scenes where someone was like "YOU MONSTER" or would the devs be able to cut out like one dialogue box in the next quest depending on whether you'd made the choice or not.
DF AQW  Post #: 222
4/30/2015 10:18:25   
lightriftwalker122

FleshWeaver should be made. People want the class , its optional and i understand why people dont want it its immoral to do but its a game if it was in Real life then id say no to eat Aegis but my decision is yes since its in the game not real life .
Post #: 223
4/30/2015 11:13:43   
Mordred

@Dante: I disagree. RPGs should be driven by choice, and for those choices to have weight and meaning, they have to be an actual choice, no takebacksies. I'm not looking at it in terms of gameplay or amount of content, but rather, the depth of the content. And making it a one time choice, forever, is the only way to go with this, if at all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 224
4/30/2015 11:26:01   
Renn Shadowheart

Wouldn't the power of FleshWeaver techinically be as powerful as being sychronized with Aegis? The thing is, in the SW case, you merge your powers, while in the FW case you devour Aegis. So it should make sense that the class will be as powerful as being synchronized with Aegis.
AQW Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition