Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 10 of 30«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/3/2015 10:44:08   
megakyle777

Indeed, it's quite heated. At the end of the day, as I say, if it's optional, does not not lock off the weaver classes,the references to it are kept to the same level as other classes, and the "Only" cost is to eat Ageis, then I'm all for it, if only for the sake of seeing all Weaving classes in game.
DF  Post #: 226
5/3/2015 10:47:06   
Brasca123

alright guys, let's calm down a bit, this thread is being a discussion between 3 or so people with the same arguments over and over again, i don't think that's very productive

let's try to analyze what we have here, we don't need to find a consensus, but there is no need to say what has already been said, i'm pretty sure the staff already read that

what could be good about implementing FW?

there is a new cannon class that takes power from some sort of "evil" power, like necro and DK, while those don't necessary require you to do something evil to become one, they are generally evil, there are exceptions of course, like vayle and the guys from water orb saga, in FW, maybe you would not do it for power alone, you could end up needing a bigger amount of power to defeat a greater evil (like roirr) and you would be given the choice of eating aegis through his suggestion, or maybe you COULD actually do it for power, that could actually give depth for our character, you ate your friend for power, you start to miss him and realize what sort of terrible thing you've done, something that can't ever be unmade, it's actually a pretty interesting development.

what probably won't happen is that you'll do it for power and not care about it at all, remember guys, the hero is a good guy, you aren't given a choice of being evil in DF, the few we received always ended up in THE END

do keep in mind however that most of this is speculation, only the staff knows what could and what could not be done to implement FW

what could be bad about implementing FW?

the morality issue is minor, while there are people that care about it, it is a game, it's good for RP, but it isn't a strong argument against it, some people just don't care about it, specially if you are giving the choice of doing it, and tomix said it would be a choice, so no need to worry about being forced to become evil

the main issue is that it could actually put a heavy burden on the staff, mainly because, any quest that would involve aegis would need to have different routes, one for FW and one for those without it, some people said that it would not be a problem if they did it when the weaving saga was over, but you have to keep in mind that we DO NOT know the staff's plans for future releases, they might want to put aegis in another quest 5 years from now, we can't simply assume aegis won't appear again because the saga is over, other "evil" classes do not have this problem as you don't get rid of any NPC to become one of them

still in the staff burden problem, there is the coding part, as it would lock you out of SW and MSW, maybe SS, and probably NOT CW, as CW is non-cannon, so i don't think it would be influenced, but that is up to the staff, so, when making a release involving aegis, there would need to be coding to check if you had FW or not, also, the armor closet and orb of saving would need to be checked as well, so that you can't use a class that has been locked for you, and that may enter into DB problems, not sure about it

also, gameplay related, the class would lock you out of the guests aegis book 1 and 3, and the SW/MSW and maybe SS, the class would need to make up somewhat for it, do keep in mind however, that by creating FW, it means that SW/MSW and maybe SS, would also lock out FW, so the bonus would not need to be big, still, it'd need to be somewhat stronger than a normal tier 3, while not getting close to tier 4, that might be hard to balance

let's also remember that:

1)it will be an option, FW won't be forced on anyone
2)it WILL be cannon if it is implemented, tomix was pretty explicit in this in the first thread, he said it twice actually, no compromise here, if it is in game it will be cannon
3)ash said that the discussion was mainly to see if it was worth the bother to think of actually making the armor, that's why they told us the consequences beforehand, so we can assume, while not certain, is that most likely, there were no plans for it beforehand, but if we want it, the staff may actually implement it when they have time

i think that was mainly all that was discussed on the FW issue, so, could we please not go back to the same arguments over and over again? it's kinda boring to read big posts that say what was already said

oh, and sorry if i'm mini modding or anything of the sort, i was just a bit tired of reading this thread
AQ DF  Post #: 227
5/3/2015 10:52:16   
megakyle777

Well, assuming it does happen, I'd like to see it use HP instead of MP for it's skills. It makes sense being a Fleshweaver and would provide a unique take on a class and a better reason to do the deed.
DF  Post #: 228
5/3/2015 12:04:17   
Rayen
Constructively Discussional!

@Brasca123. You mentioned that morality is a minor issue, however the decision of whether or not an individual chooses to use Fleshweaver would (or at least should) primarily be based on morals.

Ultimately SOMEONE is getting a class locked off to them. I, personally, would LOVE to use Fleshweaver, but never will. Not even on an alt acct. So having it added in-game would punish me for adhering to the unwaveringly good morality that the hero has been consistently portrayed as having.

I feel as though FW will end up being created, but I honestly wish that the option of having it made was never given to us. I think that was a mistake on Tomix's part. It's definitely an awesome concept and one that will, understandably, be obsessed over by many...but I just think that it's too polar a decision with too great a sacrifice either way (gain FW and lose other soul-ally classes or lose FW).
AQ DF  Post #: 229
5/3/2015 12:19:23   
Solargeo

Well I have been thinking, Why not instead of a literal fleshweaver, something more akin to a class that rots, burns, shocks, and such? It would do such in varying methods but still effect the flesh,
to me that would somewhat appease both parties.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 230
5/3/2015 12:23:21   
Daimyo Daimyo

If you wanted an armor that rots bodies, you need look no further than enTropy. Anyway, if FleshWeaver is too good would anyone even want to buy Chaosweaver for DCs? Assuming FleshWeaver won't also cost DCs.
MQ  Post #: 231
5/3/2015 12:26:06   
Solargeo

Dai I was trying to make it more of a inflict illness 0or something. It will still be effecting the skin via making them feel like they are burning and stuff like that but make it less. Morally horrible.
Also at least fleshweaving is nothing compared to the how messed up someone as to be to want to be a Biomancer. To control , mind, blood, flesh. organs and such.

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 5/3/2015 12:31:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 232
5/3/2015 12:32:41   
Daimyo Daimyo

And enTrophy's plague and infection skills don't do that? enTrophy will decay your body into an unpleasant sight. Not to mention, all the pain you'll feel and the whole having your limbs fall off and having to amputate the infected parts to keep it from spreading.
MQ  Post #: 233
5/3/2015 12:34:40   
Solargeo

I made an edit dai. Also I mant more of a able to cause frozen imibs and such like that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 234
5/3/2015 12:45:21   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@Tomix

Thank you for clearing the air!

I know this is taking things a bit too far, in terms of needing to implement this feature in the server, but I mentioned in the original thread about there being a feature where you can possess your enemy and walk around the game while looking like them. It was later stated by Tomix that this is only one of Roirr's powers, but I think this would still be a cool feature. I'm not entirely sure how this would work though. If it is considered as a move you use in battle would it be a 1-hit-KO kind of thing, since the battle could no longer carry on? I haven't worked out all the details, just wanted to put it out there.

< Message edited by Christophisis -- 5/3/2015 12:50:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 235
5/3/2015 12:50:22   
Tomix
Soulweaver

quote:

I feel as though FW will end up being created, but I honestly wish that the option of having it made was never given to us. I think that was a mistake on Tomix's part.

I never gave the option.
Majority of players discussed and wanted the class after playing recent Roirr's quest and noticing what class was he.
I simply can make it a reality.
An optional class for those of you who want to go this path.
Mind you, what Roirr does is unique to him.
Fleshweaving isn't about forbidden magics and possessing things left and right.
It's about weaving with fleshthreads instead of soulthreads.
DF  Post #: 236
5/3/2015 12:53:37   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@Tomix

What exactly is the difference between Fleshthreads and Soulthreads? Are Fleshthreads more influenced by reality, while Soulthreads have more of a mystical element to them? Also, were the abilities that Vaal was able to use during the "Murky Halls" quest Chaosweaver powers or forbidden magic?

< Message edited by Christophisis -- 5/3/2015 12:57:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 237
5/3/2015 12:54:58   
Solargeo

quote:

It's about weaving with fleshthreads instead of soulthreads.
Ah that makes it a lot less morally wrong, it makes it a good deal in my opnion. thank you tomix.
That made me more..... accepting of it. Side note will technomancer ever get facelift. and fancy new skills?

Technomancer HAS been revamped skillwise already...most of the classes have... ~Ash ah I forgot still you didn't say anything about fancy new look.

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 5/3/2015 12:59:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 238
5/3/2015 12:58:05   
Daimyo Daimyo

@Tomix So would you be able to weave with say... a hunk of pork meat?
MQ  Post #: 239
5/3/2015 12:59:36   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@Daimyo Daimyo

I can really sense your "beef" with the FW class :P
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 240
5/3/2015 13:00:18   
megakyle777

I'm gonna have to agree with Solargeo, when it's put like that, Soulweaving honestly seems like the darker art. XD
DF  Post #: 241
5/3/2015 13:01:23   
Daimyo Daimyo

What? I'm asking a legitimate question here. Can you only weave with living flesh or does "dead" flesh like processed meats and zombie flesh work too?
MQ  Post #: 242
5/3/2015 13:03:42   
Solargeo

mega I semi agree . It is kind of dark. but a powerful lesh mancer, doing what ronir does. is just ugh also to me a pinnacle soulweaver could just kill you, or save you from types of currpotion. flesh weaver,
can be use in similar ways. but a real evil one can force you to do stuff that a soul weaver might not be able to. soul weavers can be counter I believe , but fleshmancers ehhh idk
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 243
5/3/2015 13:04:05   
megakyle777

I mean think about it. Which sounds more evil to you? I mean weaving with the flesh is pretty nasty I'll admit, but is it honestly worse then ripping apart someone's soulthreads?
DF  Post #: 244
5/3/2015 13:05:13   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

I've gone ahead and FAQ'd this thread. This will make it easier for players to keep track of conversation by only having to go to one thread. It will also be easier for the forum staff and game staff to keep track of.
However, there also needs to be some very firm rules that need to be followed in this thread. I'll list them below:

1.) No more minimodding, please. Or anything close to it. If you see a problem happening in the thread, please notify any of the DFGD Archknights or myself using the PM system to alert us.

2.) Nobody needs to be "more right" or "more wrong" within the discussion itself. Please keep the "You're wrong!" or "You're not right because... " aspect out of this thread.

3.) Bickering doesn't help anything. It will not progress the creation of an armor, nor will it help to keep it out of the game. All it does is create a muddled discussion that nobody wants to read.

4.) The DF Team is only interested in seeing what the players consider pro's and con's. Endlessly arguing doesn't help them. Nitpicking is only clutter. Please keep discussion clean and tight so that they may see what your interests are. Making them trudge through vast amounts of clutter isn't helping.

5.) We're very interested in what you have to say! However if players want to go overboard, we're only going to correct the thread so many times. If the problems that have arisen within this thread/s continue to happen, we'll have no choice but to lock it and end the discussion. Remember that word: Discussion

Thanks for all of the posts so far, please continue to talk about this rationally!
AQ DF  Post #: 245
5/3/2015 13:05:32   
Solargeo

meh edit here. Anyway SOul Smith sounds cool . But how does it work exactly.

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 5/3/2015 13:06:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 246
5/3/2015 13:09:17   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@Solargeo

Nobody knows as of yet. Two ideas were given though:

1. An actual class that focuses on pierce damage

2. Something like Yulgar's Blacksmith where you can make weapons
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 247
5/3/2015 13:09:50   
megakyle777

However, now I think on it, here is something I do not get. if Fleshweaving is "merely" using Fleshthreads instead of soulthreads.... WHY THE HECK DO WE NEED TO EAT AGIES? You'd think it's just a simple matter of pulling from a different source.
DF  Post #: 248
5/3/2015 13:10:09   
Rayen
Constructively Discussional!

@Tomix. That certainly does provide a new perspective on the practice of Fleshweaving. Roirr, being the only Fleshweaver we know of, sets a very poor example for the art, hence why I have been so strongly against the concept of the hero running around as an immoral monstrosity. I still think that devouring Aegis' soul is morally reprehensible, but your clarifications certainly make Fleshweaving seem less abominable after the initial devouring. I'm still not for the class, but I think I can be more accepting of those who are...maybe...*the glow of divine wrath in my eyes begins to subside*

< Message edited by Rayen -- 5/3/2015 13:14:08 >
AQ DF  Post #: 249
5/3/2015 13:16:28   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

With Tomix's post that got me wondering if Vaal was using forbidden magic in the "Murky Halls" quest. In the "Inner unSelf" quest we saw Roirr use moves that were very similar to Vaal's. I'm not sure if Roirr is able to use these powers because he possessed Vaal, but it seems rather odd.

I'm also wondering if Vaal is actually related to Roirr. He said in one of the Tomix Saga side quests that he is the descendant of "the great Ovya", who seems to be someone rather well known since Roirr seemed to know about this person. Could this "Ovya" have been the descendant of the first Soulsmith, making Roirr Vaal's really great grandfather?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 10 of 30«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition