Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 12 of 30«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/3/2015 18:38:59   
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

@Christophisis Remember how the cloak pulsated before Hero changed their mind, clearly indicating that it was influencing their thinking?

< Message edited by ThereisnoSyntaxhere -- 5/3/2015 18:42:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 276
5/3/2015 18:49:06   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@ThereisnoSyntaxhere

I posted a rated T comment before expressing my point more clearly, but RNGesus convinced me to make edits.

What I meant was is that the Hero doesn't always make good choices, so it wouldn't be so bad for players to make a Good/Evil choice if they want. DF seems to be edging towards the AQW system where you can make choices that will affect the outcome of things. The "Baron Returns" quest-scene is a perfect example. It was influenced by the choices you made back in the cloak scrap quest.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 277
5/3/2015 19:07:14   
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

@Christophisis
If I recall correctly, regardless of if you chose to burn the scrap or keep it, you still kept it. Influencing or not, it still lead to the same conclusion.

AQW has a much larger team than Dragonfable does, giving them greater ability to do things with the story. Plus, the decisions by the character only ever affect short term goals, or which minor questchains you take.

Plus, you can always change from Evil to Good if you want to play the other side. You can't uneat Aegis.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 278
5/3/2015 19:08:46   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

That's a choice people are going to have to make, and they will have to accept what happens once they make this choice.

I for one want more power and access to a new class, so I might eat my soulally if that's the cost. A lot of people think the same way that I do, because they too want more power. Like they say: "with great power comes great responsibility" and "all things comes with a price".

< Message edited by Christophisis -- 5/3/2015 19:12:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 279
5/3/2015 19:12:24   
GreenGuy23

Guys, I'm just putting it out there: This post is PROBABLY going to be shut down soon. We have passed the 10 Page limit.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 280
5/3/2015 19:14:14   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@^

Nope, the thread has been FAQ'd. That means that it has a 30 page limit. Dw, I thought the same thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 281
5/3/2015 19:39:23   
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

@Christophisis, you seem to have missed what I was getting at.

The reason that you're able to switch from Good to Evil and back again without any major fuss is because the story's the same regardless of what you choose in the end, and the AQW team is large enough that it can add questlines and things to each side without a large amount of trouble.

The Dragonfable staff by comparison is much smaller. To do the same with eating Aegis and becoming a Fleshweaver puts a bigger burden on the staff, since not only would they have to make, code, and animate a new armor, they would have to make code, and animate two separate versions of the same questline, and possible future questlines just to accomodate the option to eat Aegis.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 282
5/3/2015 19:47:33   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

That would be the case if Aegis plays a big role in the new story. If he doesen't this problem can be overlooked.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 283
5/3/2015 19:51:48   
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

No it can't be overlooked because this is the case if eating Aegis is optional to the story.

In order to accomodate the player's choice whether or not to eat Aegis, there would either have to be two separate versions of the same questline, or those who chose not to eat Aegis would be locked out of the questline and unable to complete it. Which kinda makes eating Aegis mandatory then, doesn't it?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 284
5/3/2015 19:54:58   
flashbang

quote:

Plus, you can always change from Evil to Good if you want to play the other side. You can't uneat Aegis.

You can always barf him up!

This is a joke.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 285
5/3/2015 20:00:54   
Solargeo

Just finished maxing Black SMith. only had 5 levels. So wonder if I will not have to train in soulsmithing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 286
5/3/2015 20:02:47   
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

Considering it's an entirely new sort of smithing that the player character would likely be unfamiliar with, it would make sense if you had to level up Soulsmith.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 287
5/3/2015 20:05:21   
Solargeo

Kinda true, but it is STILL smithing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 288
5/3/2015 20:10:24   
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

So? I used to be really good at tuba, but I can guarantee you I'd have needed to work at learning how to play the euphonium, even though it's basically still a tuba, just a much smaller tuba.

Soulsmith seems like an expansion on what we know as blacksmiths, and as such it makes sense that we'd have to level and train it since we're learning new things.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 289
5/3/2015 20:12:51   
Solargeo

Yes but what I mean is like is going from using a great sword to a broad sword. your training in using a great sword WOULD make learning the broad sword easier.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 290
5/3/2015 20:14:47   
Aura Knight

What if we just nibble on aegis? He could do without an arm and a leg probably. I'm starting to feel conflicted. I guess whether or not I decide to become fleshweaver would depend on how much power it gives. If it's more or less a soulweaver clone, there's no reason to lose a cool guest for the class.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 291
5/3/2015 20:18:35   
ThereisnoSyntaxhere

I'm aware. Considering Soulsmithing is a continuation of blacksmithing I would assume you'd have to be a master blacksmith to begin with.

But while making a great sword would make it easier to learn how to make a broadsword, I don't think that'd give you much help in making a sword infused with soulthread, or bound with a spirit, or something equally thematically similar. And while we did infuse our creations with things such as light or dark or bacon, I'd think pure magic would handle a lot differently than soulthread, or spirits, or some other third thing. It's my guess that we're learning the magic part of soulsmithing as well as the mundane part, which would be why we'd probably still have to train it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 292
5/3/2015 20:22:38   
Solargeo

It WOULD help. now how much help it would be is questionable.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 293
5/3/2015 20:32:38   
gakorogirl

My main problem with the option to eat Aegis is, that if this were real and we ate Aegis, there would be a widespread reaction of disgust and horror- especially in Edalia and in Ravenloss, the people who said "yes" would probably be shut out completely.

But, since there's an option, there won't be too many consequences- maybe in the same quest, some NPCs will be like *le gasp* but then it won't be mentioned again.

And don't try to pull that Deathknight/Necromancer excuse, there's some reasonable social stigma against Necromancers but Deathknights like Caran and Diawe can wander around all they want.

quote:

If it's more or less a soulweaver clone, there's no reason to lose a cool guest for the class.

That's not even the point? At this point I think the main argument is whether or not it would make the Hero character, who is supposed to be fundamentally good, an evil character.

< Message edited by gakorogirl -- 5/3/2015 20:34:16 >
DF AQW  Post #: 294
5/3/2015 20:36:58   
Glerax

I suppose there is going to be a preview of the armor so we can truly decide if we want to go through that path or not. Eating Aegis is no small deal. Also, I guess I'll make another character so I can have Aegis on one and not on the other.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 295
5/3/2015 20:38:58   
Pisaster

I'd love a new class, even if I personally wouldn't use it, but my one problem with the ravenloss sagas all along has been that they are not incorporated into the main storyline enough. Aegis is our soulally, he helps us, battles with us, and you would think we would call on him when we need to, but we never do. Instead of being given the option to eat him in exchange for fleshweaver, I would like to see unlocking soulweaver be a requirement for future quests so that we can use one of our greatest allies when we need him (for instance, in espina rose we communicate with our dragon, but our connection with Aegis is at least almost as close and since he can travel through the spirit plane it would make sense for us to be able to communicate with him as well). Of course, if this will never happen, I would love to see fleshweaver be an option.
Post #: 296
5/3/2015 20:49:09   
Chazero

Since this thread is also about Soulsmithing, here's the founder of Soulsmithing and Vaal's ancestor, Oyva.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 297
5/3/2015 20:50:33   
Aura Knight

quote:

That's not even the point? At this point I think the main argument is whether or not it would make the Hero character, who is supposed to be fundamentally good, an evil character.
Was it confirmed that choosing the path of a fleshweaver was evil? So far we know of one fleshweaver and just because he's evil doesn't mean we would be. I see it as just getting more power, but I won't deny that people against this have some legitimate reasons for being so. To be blunt, it's all a matter of whether or not the ends justify the means.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 298
5/3/2015 20:53:02   
Solargeo

Aura. The ends DO NOT and I mean DO NOT always justify the means.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 299
5/3/2015 21:11:11   
Chaoshaper

Aura, to catch you up on most of this:

Facts: Fleshweaver is not confirmed, but if it is, it will be canon, no exceptions. In order to unlock it, you must devour Aegis, no takebacks. 3 Classes will be locked off, as well as any potential content involving Aegis.

Reasons for/against:
Most people who want it, want it because it would be denying them content they want, and it does sound like it could be an amazing class animation wise.

People against it worry about the moral implications on the Hero and the workload this will place on the staff (Armor, locking classes out at the source and Armor closet, potential branching of storylines here and there, etc...)

Personally, i am against it if only because the staff is currently working on a lot of projects, if at anypoint this changes, and they have the time and resources to create it, then i will be for it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 12 of 30«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition