Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 14 of 30«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2015 1:52:30   
monstervet

@Almighty Agathor

ThereisnoSyntaxhere kinda has a point, i agree it might be too much for kids that may play the game, on the other hand if the class is available from Book 3 onward, previous books shouldve prepared them for this moment.

However i remember the times i felt like that in most games, "Why wont anyone think of the children!?!?!", yeah you grow out of it once you notice most kids are way more comfortable with it than we are, "I was with *it* once! And then they changed what *it* was! And now what I'm with isn't *it* and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me! And it'll happen to you!".

Soulsmith sounds interesting, i wonder i soulsmith weapons give a bonus when used by the weaving classes? nothing special just like bonus damage.

The more its talked about and argued about the less i care about Fleshweaver, wont use it dont want it, dont care if others use it as long as this point gets over with....especially this Flesh craze.....it really feels like a fad like Furbies or Teeny Babies, Fads come and go and Fleshweavers seems more and more like a Fad to me.
That actually makes sense to why i dont approve, but reluctantly agree to let it go.

wouldnt it be fun if something like this happened again and those that disapprove approve, and those that approve disapprove?
Its actually one of the reasons im letting this one slide, if something like that ever happens i got this moment in time to go back to, remember that time........
This would be the only reason for me to persuade those that disagree with this class to let it go this one time, so youve got a point of reference the next time.

thinking about skills led me to trinkets, it would be somewhat ironic if someone equipped the soul purifier with Fleshweaver, other than that i wonder what would seem ok, possibly medewsas head.

Im sure a completionist would unlock all the soulweaver and soulsmith stuff then go Fleshweaver, but would it be worth it?
Also the heads of the Weaving families look interesting wnough.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 326
5/4/2015 7:38:58   
Solargeo

If you are worried about the children, We have parents who let 10 year olds and even younger play games like gears of war and such. And ah perfectionists they need to know do not go perfect. Always leave yourself something to do later.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 327
5/4/2015 8:48:45   
gakorogirl

Well 10-year-old me (this was by far the most violent game I played) would be pretty traumatized by just about anything happening in Book 3, especially this and Serenity, obviously. Well, the whole Vaaloirr saga, although I don't think I would have been able to get through the Tomix Saga Finale.
DF AQW  Post #: 328
5/4/2015 8:55:42   
Sakurai the Cursed

10-year-old me would've thought it was awesome and had seen far worse; it's all a matter of perspective.

@megakyle -
quote:

Can you provide the quote/link for that please? Because if it's optional, does not not lock off the weaver classes, there;s not too many refference to it, and the "Only" cost is to eat Ageis, then PASS ME THE HOT SAUCE XD I may reconsider my choice on this.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21965188

However, even though his "might" wasn't overtly referring to only the "other forms of weaving" part, I do feel that SW and MSW would be pretty much 100% guaranteed to be locked off given that those classes use Aegis' soulthreads.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 329
5/4/2015 9:21:34   
Dark Lord Urmi

for the people worrying about what fleshweaver will do via time wise the staff wont just drop everything to make the class in fact id bet it wouldn't be noticeable to us besides EVERYTHING takes time and effort to do the staff knows what they are doing, anyway what are you guys thinking it will take away from seeing as there is not a lot going on right now.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/4/2015 9:26:35 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 330
5/4/2015 9:49:36   
gakorogirl

Seriously I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that people just don't care about the morality, and are debating about whether Aegis moved the storyline along or not.

(Seriously even in AQW you still fundamentally seem to do the right thing, not just turning on your closest ally and erasing them forever because you wanted a few new powers)
DF AQW  Post #: 331
5/4/2015 9:57:00   
Dark Lord Urmi

how is it hard to wrap your head on WE WOULDNT DO THAT IN REAL LIFE thats why we want to do things we wouldnt do in games hence why in aqw evil has more members WE have done the goodie goodie thing and we want to see how the world is shaped when the hero does darker things to see impact. Im not going to eat my friend in real life to gain power but i will eat one here basically no different than games of thrones(writing wise i mean) no one is perfect and all have a moment of weakness that may even make a big disaster.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/4/2015 9:58:51 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 332
5/4/2015 9:58:53   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@gakorogirl Its mostly due to the fact that this a game and it gives players the chance to do stuff that they don't normally do or is not accepted in society, hence the same reason why AQW has way more Evil based players than Good ones, which is also the same for HeroSmash IIRC
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 333
5/4/2015 10:11:49   
G Man

Well, like I said in the last thread.
Here's the thing; THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A ROLE PLAYING GAME.
Pick a role and play it, isn't that the point?
So what if we kill a npc in a game, that DOES NOT mean that we are amoral people who will commit crimes/terrible deeds in real life.
I donate a fair amount of money to charities, and I used to volunteer at various places, and to help older people (and people in general) do housework, yard work, etc.
But in games, I generally play a villainous role because I am fed up with the whole "goodie two-shoes" that we are FORCED to play in sooooo many games.
Besides, villains have more fun, and more interesting arcs. (To me)
Another point of repetition; you do NOT, I repeat NOT, have to do this. So, here's the thing; DON'T DO IT. Simple as that, let someone else do what THEY want with THEIR character.

< Message edited by G Man -- 5/4/2015 13:48:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 334
5/4/2015 15:03:38   
Norania

I will never betray what I've fought for, I will never turn to evil as a resort. I will get stronger, but I will find another way to do so. what happened with Serenity wasn't our fault. We had 300 heroes. those cartoony games AQW and HeroQuest may seem like their amazing at wars but they have larger numbers ranging from minimum of 5000 players on usually. we had 300-600 and we were late by an hour. We did all we could to reach her but our numbers were not great enough. If we take this step, if we betray the people's trust by turning to this barbarism then we prove the Rose right on how we are monsters. How we are the problem. And to those who act evil in video games you simply reveal your true nature when you do so. People lie about themselves a ton in real life you people are among them. I never act any differently than I would in real life online. People who are terrible to people online are just pathetic just because no one see's your face. Urg this just frustrates me but I do wonder, why do we keep going back to book 1? Is it possible we are still connected to the past? Could we reverse the monstrosities that have been going on since we broke out of the ice? I'll stick to the end of the arc at least and I want to get this explained, why do we keep having content from the past? If it could be reversed that might entice me to stay, knowing I can fix the mistakes later, or yesterday.
Post #: 335
5/4/2015 15:17:13   
flashbang

quote:

As long as Fleshweaver does not actually affect the story too much, I'm willing to just let it be.

This is how I stand. My main won't and will never devour Aegis (Aegis is amazing) but I may make an alt have FW.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 336
5/4/2015 15:29:40   
Daimyo Daimyo

I don't care if you want to be evil. I just think losing Aegis and losing access to Soul/Chaosweaver isn't enough of a consequence. It's too easy to get FleshWeaver if all it takes is the press of a button.

Lose a Guest/NPC? Zero impact if you don't care.
Lose two classes? Zero impact if you don't use them.

A choice between eating or not should make you think. There should be actual consequences for being "evil". NPCs in Ravenloss hating you doesn't really mean anything since you're not always gonna be there, are you? And quite frankly, everyone who doesn't care about Aegis or the other Weaver classes wouldn't care about what they said anyway.

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 5/4/2015 16:08:14 >
MQ  Post #: 337
5/4/2015 15:46:57   
god of chaos

^Daimyo Daimyo. Those folks in Aaveyr might find out. Will they just be okay with letting another FW around? It seems Roirr is going to make quite a mess and if we are seen as related to him... Yep...
Post #: 338
5/4/2015 15:52:33   
Dark Lord Urmi

Daimyo chaosweaver wouldnt be effected seeing as its a DC class and has nothing to do with aegis and i wouldnt mind having consequences in the story because i ate him make an encounter that could be peaceful into a battle or have us face aegis before we consume him making him talk with every turn

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/4/2015 15:55:01 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 339
5/4/2015 16:01:34   
Daimyo Daimyo

Not an actual consequence (because some people will think it's cool), but I think a dark shadowy Aegis should occasionally flicker into existence behind the player and then quickly disappear while they're in FleshWeaver armor. Oh, and no one can see him except you so no one's gonna comment on it. It's a manifestation of your sin and guilt that will follow you forever...until you change your class anyway.

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 5/4/2015 16:06:00 >
MQ  Post #: 340
5/4/2015 16:04:51   
Dark Lord Urmi

^ thats 100% more awesome than what i thought of XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 341
5/4/2015 16:29:57   
god of chaos

But wait a second. What abilities would it have? Roirr basically got Vaal's skillset and his weapons seems to be manifesting in the knife. So what would we do if we absorbed Aegis?
Post #: 342
5/4/2015 17:04:05   
Dark Lord Urmi

chaos i have actually had some thoughts on that. either we would straight up have some ice powers OR since we are using our own body it would be corrupted changed the power would be unstable or just malformed like red crystal or something of the sort
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 343
5/4/2015 17:12:25   
monstervet

yeah i was wondering that myself, i asked that much earlier in the forums if the fleshweaver would have skills related to Aegis, kinda like a constant reminder of what you did.

@gakorogirl and Norania, except some of the stuff you said later on Norania, felt a little like rambling.

I agree with the points of morality, and the doing what you feel kinda thing, it may be roleplaying but, yeah i forgot my train of thought.

I wont blame Tomix or the forumite who started the discussion, i blame the idea of the class existing, it enticed people, it amazed people.
Ideas are like that, just implying, or randomly saying things can lead many to side with that idea. Just look at what happens when movie rumors arise, fans go insane, and that all stems from ideas.

Fleshweaver is in the minds of those that want it, taking that possibility from them now is torture, theyll get mad.
Thinking ahead, more discussions would arise people may quit, etc, etc. Which is why its nice that we discuss it now instead of later (even though discussions are coming out from this like some wet Mogwaii) we can try and be civil about it, respect each others opinions and share our thoughts, hopefully get some steam out now instead of later when it may get worse.

People can not live without this fleshweaver class now, it reminds me of so many fads that once happened.

It's a fad, just let it be.

so im guessing thats a no to soulsmithed weapons giving extra damage to weaving classes?
so if you consumed aegis he would be gone from all books right? cause we cant bring him back using time travel shenanigans, which reminds me when was the last time we had some time travel shenanigans? (Dont say Frostvle or thankstaking i mean some just plain silly nothing to do with holidays time travel)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 344
5/4/2015 17:19:48   
flashbang

^He'd be gone from Book 3. Books 1/2 happen in the past, before the time skip. As the Roirr Saga is in Book 3, he;d be gone from Book 3.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 345
5/4/2015 18:07:38   
W.A.R.Z.

This is the list of people on the forums that have opinions on FleshWeaver.
If there is anybody who could share opinions from tumblr, FaceBook, Twitter, etc. then feel free to post a list of them or put a link to it so we have more perspectives.
I've made a few changes based on recent posts and am reposting because its a new page, I caught a few mistakes that I made, and because I wanted people to not have to look for this list, and I put it in alphabetical order.
Again, let me know if I made any mistakes or if your not on here and you'd like to share your opinion.

Against (23)
Azan
Baron Dante
Chaoshaper
Daimyo Daimyo
David the Wanderer
Dragonknight315
Dragonman
Eltar
ergotth
gakorogirl
god of chaos
Jorath
KoibatlupeSnowager
Lord Arkatares
megakyle777
Miran
Rayen
raylas
Raphael 777
Shadows Morgenstern
ThereisnoSyntaxhere
VJ
WornDogma

Support/Let people who want it get it (36)
ad3022
Alethral
Almighty Agathor
AugustoCP
Brasca123
Chaosweaver Amon
Chazero
Christophisis
Dark Lord Urmi
Deviance
Dragon_MasterN7
Drop_Bear
flashbang
G Man
G.t.h
Glerax
GreenGuy23
Kai Kazama
lightriftwalker122
LouisCyphere
Magyarka
Meloette Wells
monstervet
Mordred
necro emperor
Pisaster
Plendamonda2
Sakurai the Cursed
Siedgrief
Snakezarr
soulus42
The Hollow Soul
The Jop
time sage
W.A.R.Z.
Zork Knight

@ThereisnoSyntaxhere It could require beating the Vaaloir saga, which I think requires that you beat the Tomix saga, which has quite a few scenes that are worse than killing Aegis, but changing it would ruin the story, making the point not really matter as much.

Also just to add to the argument for FleshWeaver, because it would require going through three sagas (Tomix book 1, Tomix book 3, and Vaaloir) ,giving it up 2/3 classes (SoulWeaver, Master SoulWeaver, and possibly even ChaosWeaver), and losing SoulSmithing (blacksmithing 2.0), thus it would most likely be the strongest non-DC tier 3 class, if not the strongest tier 3 class.

Edit: Removed Rio3678

< Message edited by W.A.R.Z. -- 5/4/2015 19:21:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 346
5/4/2015 18:59:21   
Rio3678

I find it so ironic how I was making a big deal about it being neutral yet I'm listed as for it because of my word choice. lol.

Master of Light and Darkness
Rio Skyron
with Bianca, my blade of Destiny
theme song
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 347
5/4/2015 20:10:19   
lightriftwalker122

SoulSmith will be interesting. @ Tomix What is Lanrete's Class? since SoulSmith isnt a Class. How do SoulSmiths use the SoulForge?
Post #: 348
5/4/2015 20:16:50   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Lanrete is a SoulSmith.
DF  Post #: 349
5/4/2015 20:41:17   
lightriftwalker122

ok thanks for answering Will we learn more about SoulSmiths soon?

< Message edited by lightriftwalker122 -- 5/4/2015 20:46:14 >
Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 14 of 30«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition