Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 17 of 30«<1516171819>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2015 23:20:06   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@VJ

My point is why do you care about the decision that other people make if it won't affect you in any way, shape, or form???????
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 401
5/4/2015 23:20:11   
Break Eventide

The quotes seem to be quote-links. That's really neat. Anyway, I guess this is how I'll put this: If Tomix wants to make it, I won't argue with it, nor will I take the option. If it doesn't impact the timeline or stress him out to make the Fleshweaving option, I won't even gripe about its implementation. I just wanted to make my own opinion known, which I have. That's all I set out to do, and so now that I feel like I have, throughout my posts, completed that task, I will probably just talk about the SoulSmithing, which is still seriously exciting me!

So, I would guess that for SoulSmithing, we'd be partnered with Aegis to make weapons. Would that lock all of our forged items to Ice, or are their going to be more alternative methods, such as turning other Elemental Spirits into weaponry with their permission? All in all, I am VERY excited to understand more about another of the Schools of Weaving.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 402
5/4/2015 23:21:47   
Dark Lord Urmi

tomix did mention it would be an upgrade to blacksmithing i hope its more in depth like every weapon has a quest and unique spirit you meet
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 403
5/4/2015 23:25:02   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

Another problem that was never really addressed is if we choose to become a Fleshweaver, will we be locked out of being able to use Soulsmith?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 404
5/4/2015 23:25:07   
Break Eventide

That would be pretty neat. Every weapon has a story, every weapon is a friend's gift. That'd be... really poetic. Which I feel fits, given the entire concept of Weaving and souls in the first place. It would DEFINITELY give me more of a connection to a weapon than "Ooh, this is shiny!"

Chris, I would believe so. To eat a SoulAlly means you no longer have one to be your partner. After all, if I was an Elemental Spirit, I wouldn't get ANYWHERE NEAR someone who just ate one of my kind. Though, considering you can also make weapons out of pieces of Spirits, if I remember the discussion with Lanrete... Still, I doubt it would work out nearly as well, so I would definitely say it's more likely that Fleshweaver WOULD lock out SoulSmith.

< Message edited by Break Eventide -- 5/4/2015 23:26:35 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 405
5/4/2015 23:26:33   
Dark Lord Urmi

*chris* if FW get locked out of smithing my alt would jump right on that XD

*break* id also love a chance to meet other spirit element types and a chance to explore that spirit realm.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/4/2015 23:27:03 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 406
5/4/2015 23:31:36   
VJ

SM I think will be locked out.

to be honest I think anything that has to be done with soul weaving be it MSW, SW, & Chaos weavers should be locked out as the price one pays to be a murder.

DLU I don't think a fw would have a right to such a place being a soul murder and all and spirits I believe would not trust a fw.

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/4/2015 23:33:58 >
Post #: 407
5/4/2015 23:31:53   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@Dark Lord Urmi

Just make sure he doesn't have a craving for souls.

I'm going to throw something out there, just so I can piss some people off (jks). What if FW's primary element was a new element? Like a Blood element or something. I feel that none of the elements that exist right now really bind to what FW stands for.

< Message edited by Christophisis -- 5/4/2015 23:32:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 408
5/4/2015 23:34:13   
Dark Lord Urmi

my bet it will just use the void/bacon element or just track to your weapon's elements. maybe evil like guardian's poison move but not sure. though blood element would be fantastic id love blood mages XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 409
5/4/2015 23:34:33   
Break Eventide

@Urmi, I would LOVE to see the Realm of Elemental Spirits again, even if it's in the same art style. That brief look at those drawings was... breathtaking. Plus, I want to know more about the evil being Pandora accidentally freed, and how the society of Elemental Spirits works, especially given that their personalities are based off of various virtues, vices, and the like. Do corrupt allies-to-be hang in a Dark Alley, most of the time, or do they freely mingle? Things like that. There's so much to learn!

@VJ While I think it would make sense to lock Chaosweaver, I doubt that it would. Chaosweaver is non-canon and costs DCs. Real money, in other words. Therefore, I would take a guess and say that it would most likely not get locked out by a story decision.

@Chris While I'd LOVE to say that it'd be "Evil" just as a horrible joke about all of this debate, should it make it, I think you're right in that the Fleshweaving style seems to defy any real elemental classification. Which makes sense, considering you ate an elementally aligned spirit to gain the power, therefore you wouldn't be bound to elements... It's an interesting though.

< Message edited by Break Eventide -- 5/4/2015 23:36:52 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 410
5/4/2015 23:35:47   
G Man

Some key words here.
ROLE. PLAYING. GAME.
OPTIONAL CONTENT.
FICTIONAL.
NPC.

Try to puzzle together what I want to say (and what has been said countless times.) Shouldn't be all that difficult.

Point being; think of it this way, you hate, hate, hate olives. Someone orders a pizza with olives, along with other pizzas for an event you are at.
Are you allowed to insult them, and then call up the pizza joint and insult them? Or go into some long winded argument as to why they should stop having olives as an option because YOU have a problem?
No, there were other choices that you were free to take, and go along.

You will be given a CHOICE (IF this happens, that is), 'lemme repeat CHOICE whether or not to do this.
You don't; good for you.
Somone does; good for them, they have another tier 3 class, because they wanted it.
I personally have not visited ravenloss, (except for the saga releases) for SEVERAL months, and it has been even longer since I touched SW, or talked to Aegis, So I am tempted to do it. (Maybe on my alt who has SW unlocked.)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 411
5/4/2015 23:36:28   
Dark Lord Urmi

*break* 100% agree i LOVED the artistic design of the spirit realm and how the spirit personallitys work actually reminded me of dragon age in a way
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 412
5/4/2015 23:43:48   
VJ

@ Break
I know which is a shame really because it should be locked and maybe full refund for the price of the armor.
to me it would be a price they should have to pay for such a act.
Post #: 413
5/4/2015 23:45:15   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@G Man

I see your expanding off of my doughnut analogy

As much as I would love to see a new element implemented into the game I don't think it will ever happen. I proposed that a Time element be made for the AoT and the devs weren't all for it. Nevertheless, I still would love to see a new element.

#NEWELEMENT
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 414
5/4/2015 23:46:10   
Break Eventide

@VJ Eh, Non-canon shouldn't mix with canon. It confuses EVERYTHING. Like adding too much decoration to your windows, and now all of a sudden you can't see. It may look pretty to some, but it no longer functions as originally planned. I don't think that people should face consequences beyond the means of the story for their actions.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 415
5/4/2015 23:50:07   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@VJ

The "Hero" basically ushered in the resurrection of the Mysterious Stranger by keeping the Cloak Scrap. Thanks to this "self proclaimed hero", Lore will probably get stomped on again. I think that would be more suitable grounds for being locked out of 3 classes.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 416
5/4/2015 23:56:58   
VJ

@Chris
don't assume everyone has it.
I got rid of mine a long time ago.
which means everyone but my hero would be locked out of classes.

@Break
I still think it should be locked out as a price to pay and a fw should forever be locked out of anything that has to do with anything related to 'spirits' and any past & or future sw quests as the price one pays for their evil deed.

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/5/2015 0:00:27 >
Post #: 417
5/5/2015 0:01:32   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@VJ

You ended up keeping the scrap either way
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 418
5/5/2015 0:03:08   
Break Eventide

The Cloak Scrap incident was tragic in a great many ways, but it wasn't a choice the we, the players, made of our own free will. It was a cost of failure, which is not any one member's fault, genuinely. Thus, it would be unfair and truly rather bad form to lock classes for that. By that same token, even those who never took on the quest dealt with the canon of having the Scrap. That was a canon story point that cannot be changed. It's unrelated to the "issue" at hand.

The Hero isn't perfect. While I don't believe that this allows for Fleshweaving to enter his mind as a choice, it's not my decision, and I won't devour Aegis even if given the chance. Beyond morals, it's more because of my love of Soulweaving, living with Aegis in a n-ice house, and the excitement I feel for SoulSmith. So, can we agree that either way we go, the choices would be interesting to see and at least read about, if nothing else? All releases, agreed with or not, are learning experiences, EXCEPT maybe the joke quests. Then again, not eating bad Unbread Pudding probably IS a valuable life-lesson if you survive the indigestion!

@Hollow-Below Ah. Never played without it. Thanks for that correction! Still, the Scrap isn't a choice that we made that could've changed anything. So I feel like the point still stands.

< Message edited by Break Eventide -- 5/5/2015 0:05:50 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 419
5/5/2015 0:03:59   
The Hollow Soul

Actually, if your hero doesn't have the scrap in your inventory the story is changed that they don't have it on their person in the quest. BV's cultist actually find it since the hero doesn't destroy it. So he may not have the evil item, but he was still tempted by it and allowed it to stay "alive."

< Message edited by The Hollow Soul -- 5/5/2015 0:07:03 >
DF  Post #: 420
5/5/2015 0:10:24   
VJ

@Break
I think you have just quelled it for me.
I have nothing else to say to the fw wanters.
I just hope Tomix says no as it is clear that there are more that are against it than what is on the list but not seen nor heard for whatever reasons that they chose to stay on tumbler.

but outside of that I am finished with those who want it(I refuse to dignify it as a class or armor) and will just talk about soul smith from this point on, they haven't won just nothing left to say.
Post #: 421
5/5/2015 0:12:17   
Dark Lord Urmi

YAAAY!!! we can finally let the devs decide...
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 422
5/5/2015 0:19:24   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@VJ

What proof do you have in saying that there are more that are against it? You can't just say things that aren't backed up by any facts.

@Dark Lord Urmi

Thanks be to RNGesus!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 423
5/5/2015 0:21:29   
Dark Lord Urmi

haaah! while on the topic of soul smithing i wonder if we are limited to just normal spirits or if we can use corrupted spirits like how transcendence was made
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 424
5/5/2015 0:24:58   
Break Eventide

@Urmi Considering Roirr first mistook Vaal for a SoulSmith based on his heritage, when he would most likely notice the corruption, I'd say it is a possibility of SoulSmithing. For some reason, I don't see SoulSmithing as being quite so picky about the partner you have, as long as the connection is tight and your forge things well together. Now, whether or not we will do so as a character? Only time will tell, I suppose.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 17 of 30«<1516171819>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition