Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Strength changes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Strength changes
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/17/2015 19:18:29   
Rogue Ninja

quote:

Drains EP based on damage dealt?

@ Dual Thrusters That's a good idea as well. Maybe let it take only 20% and make it work like the core skill called "Energy Shot" which means it can only take energy depends on x% of Primary damage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
6/17/2015 19:33:26   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

I was Thinking on Maybe Reducing critical strike chance on all battle after used? or
Leech a % of all damage back as energy?

< Message edited by Uchiha Sarada -- 6/17/2015 19:52:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 52
6/18/2015 0:21:56   
AQWorldsFarmer

quote:

Sounds like idea, but having 3 skills improve with dex (Fireball - Overload - Plasma rain) is kinda humm... why not making improve with technology to go on par with plasma canon?

Scaling it with technology would make it exactly like plasma ball- but physical. Also increasing it Ranloth mentioned that if we increase it with dexterity it will enable bloodmage to replace plasma rain with a unique multi- that scales with strength.
Post #: 53
6/18/2015 1:12:01   
Ranloth
Banned

Replacing it with a new Multi would be pretty low priority, and would possibly take months before it would be done - it's not an effective solution, when Fireball is weak right now and could use a boost asap.

Moving scaling around could be done at a later date, when we can replace duplicate skills. Right now, putting it on Dex and Tech would result in abuse by either build. Support is a possible option, but it would be highly inferior to the likes of Mercs, because Multi deals damage on both opponents - thus the build would be ineffective in 2v2.
Leaving it on Strength seems to be the best option, and possibly giving it an effect; small EP burn based on damage dealt, one-turn debuff (because the fire broke through your defences), etc. EP burn sound like the best idea, since it wouldn't be a huge amount, but significant enough to make the skill more viable.
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
6/18/2015 13:24:00   
AQWorldsFarmer

quote:

Replacing it with a new Multi would be pretty low priority, and would possibly take months before it would be done - it's not an effective solution, when Fireball is weak right now and could use a boost asap.

I know, I meant that in the future its a possibility.
Also if it gets EP drain would it get a fixed number or percent of damage?

Edit: Support scaling would be fun for 1v1. But like you said: ineffective in 2v2.

< Message edited by AQWorldsFarmer -- 6/18/2015 13:25:37 >
Post #: 55
6/21/2015 21:59:29   
Lord Machaar

quote:

I don't think strength needs to be changed much or at all really. I'm a strength Tech Mage and I win around 65-70% of my battles while doing it fairly quickly (30-35 wins an hour in 1v1). I was also a strength Bounty Hunter using blades, poison, and cheap shot and won around 60% of my battles also fairly quickly at around 28-33 wins per hour.
I can take damage as well. I have two sources of physical skills that improve with strength (bludgeon and fire scythe) that I use when a person is capable of using a resistance shield or technician. Or I can malfunction and assert my true strength against those who have no shield.

This is quoted from this reply:
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21995445

This is not said by me, but by another player who is now playing this build at the moment.
Here is a quote of mine;
quote:

Fixing a 30% lifesteal is better, this skill is shared by 2 classes, both classes have different access to energy, CHs can easily use lvl max massacre while BHs can't, therefore following the concept of berzerker/bludgeon/double strike will "overnerf" this skill when it is used at level 10.

If you replace bludgeon with massacre, you will understand the following idea.
Bludgeon is shared by 2 classes, TMs and BMs, now strenght TMs are already doing good, strenght BMs aren't, buffing a mutual skill by the same amount doesn't seem as a good solution for me as:
A- TMs are already doing good with strenght builds.
B- Both classes have different access to energy, TMs are the best energy-wise classe at the moment.

I hope mutual skills such as: bludgeon and massacre are well tested before getting buffed to avoid creating a new balance problem.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/21/2015 22:02:26 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 56
6/26/2015 13:29:07   
SS

quote:

You can't have high Str and low Dex, because your attacks will likely get blocked...

You can, if you have the Celtic leaver, and lots of people do.
Post #: 57
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Strength changes
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition