Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/8/2015 22:29:40   
Gorillo Titan

Im speaking purely from a getting AQ3D to as large an audience as possible point of view which is what AE planning to do.

Its already been said it would get weekly update do to the fact 3D takes a lot longer to do. I was thinking of putting it on console as basic then adding in the stuff the final product has at a later date so they aren't swamped we going straight to another platform similar to one mobile game I play that came out in japan and releases stuff that it has at a slower pace in other countries.

Post #: 176
9/9/2015 11:55:41   
LyRein

quote:

Skyrim is also not getting more official updates and still seen as mediocre from just a pure game standpoint.

When was this?

Who said that? As for as i'm concerned Skyrim is one of the most popular games and is NOT seen as mediocre. For it's time release it was one of the most great RPG experiences and the modding team is extremely active to add more content for players.
Where do you get your views from?

quote:

Or they are thinking this through if they want to get AQ3D on those sources entertainment. In terms of business, you would most likely have someone who manages finances who could offer insight of where the market is going. Add on the research that would have been made before thinking of doing the idea in the first place, I am sure AE knows how everything works. Also, not everyone has a console or a good PC to play games on. The entire point of this is to spread options to increase revenue as much as possible instead of just sticking to one system.

The entire point of my comment was to say: "Yeah, I get that they want it to be playable on almost all devices, but will it attract people, that's another thing".
I do know how gaming business works, but just because a game works on all devices does NOT mean it'll be an 5+/10 or considered any good. It has to actually keep players entertained.

quote:

From what I can see, the typical MMO borrows from WoW and try their best to have their own take on the formula. Why they do this? It actually does in fact works. It is ludicrous to try and change something radically when it actually is not terrible in the slightest. There ARE reasons why games like WoW are still played to this day in the millions.

The typical MMO... would be? Please be less vague, do you mean western or eastern, social or gameplay-based, PVP-oriented or PVE-oriented?

Just because it... "works" (which it has stopped being if you're a daily gamer like me you'd know) does not make a good excuse to not try to stand-out.
Why is that an excuse to making a generic MMO, which have been so overdone, seeing one is an instant pass-up (unless it has a new combat system, engaging story and good customization).

There ARE reasons yes, it is a good game (though last couple patches.. ehh).
But there ARE other reasons, people have spent so much money on it, it'd be a waste to just simply stop playing.
People have spent so much time on it as-well.

Also, just because other games use similar features of WoW does not make it a good game.

quote:

Skyrim is also seen as being mediocre. This is going to be on mobile phones/Ipads. I do not think more complicated methods will necessarily entail a good system. Sometimes simple is the best course of action. (Look at the part mentioning WoW for I think it also applies here.)

Again, where are your sources?
This is going to be on mobile phones/ipads, yes, so? That just limits what AE can do.

More complicated = more paying attention = more engaging.
Sometimes simple is good, but lack of features does not equal simple.
It just means you have less stuff to do and the devs didn't try to add in more stuff.

WoW is not simple, it has hundreds of towns, NPCs and monsters, you can travel all around the world map exploring and meeting colourful cast.
Once more, just because WoW does something that other games use, does not make it an instant win.
Also, WoW is only.. "simple".. as you put it, because of the time in which it was made.

quote:

You also have to remember that each company has their own "specialty" that fans of the studio or company can normally expect. Let us look at two companies: Nintendo and Atlus. Nintendo is meant for family-friendly fun games where they try their best to be creative whenever they try to make a new console or their own IP. (Splatoon comes to mind.) They have a preference for light-hearted games meant to be enjoyed for all ages. There are reasons why Mario and Legend of Zelda are two of their prime IPs to this day still. Smash Bros also is a game made by the lovely Sakurai which still entails. the exact same all-age family fun that is expected from Nintendo.

Nintendo is family-friendly, but it does not try to shy away from trying something new.
Let's take a look at Splatoon for example.
Nintendo is known for their fun, adventurous childhood games. Ones where you can play party with friends and family, take down huge bad guys and be the Hero once more.

No-one was really expecting a shooter type game from Nintendo.
They still did it, and it worked.
There is a difference between trying a new type of game, whilst still retaining their charm and message, than changing your company's goals and dreams altogether.

Who here ever said to AE to change their company as a whole?
No-one. All we've been asking for is a change in the gameplay and new ways to show their games.

By the way, AE sticking with 2006 style games is not a specialty.
That's just AE not wanting to get out and trying to make a new game about the AE universe that fits today's gameplay standards.

Let's take a look at Telltale.
Telltale started as a light-hearted game company, and no-one REALLY knew them.

Then they tried something out of their comfort zone, a darker take on the Telltale universe.
And what happened? They got recognition and now they're one of the most successful gaming companies.

Change is not a bad thing.
Unless of course you've got nostalgia goggles on.

quote:

More story-time. Last year for school, I written an essay about this very subject of how it is seen "darkness" or greyness entails a better story. My answer? Hardly. I can think of plenty of examples right off the top of my head. (To Kill a MockingBird[you mean it is NOT morally grey and not dark? Trust me. It is not. And I doubt Atticus is a "grey" character. He is about morally and lawfully uptight you can get.], lots of impact and many themes worth looking into. Many Final Fantasy games. FF9,6,7... pick one. Many Pixar or Disney films comes to mind as well.) My point being is that just being "dark" , "gritty", or "grey" does not mean you have a higher chance of writing a good story. Can a dark game be good? Of course! Bioshock is a good example! ...Though how much grey does THAT game have, hmm? Despite being seen as "art"?

Never read Mockingbird, can't really say anything about this Atticus..

Final Fantasy may not be morally gray, but it's not scared to include darker themes. It's also not afraid to keep up with today's standards.
Does that make FF a bad franchise too now?

Disney and Pixar are the same thing, so let's call them Disney to make it easier to read.
Disney is an extremely smart company.
While at top it's a fun, family-friendly bright story, at the bottom, most of the princess stories are actually quite horrifying.

Majority of Disney's Princess' stories are based on the Brother Grimms, who have a reputation for peculiar, creepy stories.
Disney manages to take on these stories, turn them into movies, but manage to keep it Disney-like.
I'll say it again, even Disney is not afraid to go darker routes, in-fact, Elsa from Frozen was supposed to be a sinister ice queen, no sister style love. Does that make them a bad company too now?

Sure, dark and gritty does not make you win.
I didn't say that though.
All I said was AE should try a new take on their games, keeping the charm and family-fun while being something refreshing.

quote:

Also, about choices. I can absolutely understand in this day and age, especially in regards to developing ones OC, that choices matter a lot. Yet please think how difficult that normally is? Writing for any video game, despite how it may appear, is one of the most difficult tasks that can be handed to a person. They have to try to make sure the story keeps a certain tone, describe the scenes well enough for the artist to accurately portray them, make sure the characters act normally and not like they are artificial beings, make sure EVERYTHING comes together and makes sense. Having story choices and branching paths is one of those difficult things that can be added onto something that is already quite difficult. You then need to make sure, in terms of endings, the branching paths lead to a logical conclusion and not slapped on there just for the sake of a different ending. Better yet, you need to make sure you do not make anything redundant. So. Is adding more story choices actually a good thing? Think just a bit on that.

So it being a task results in it being impossible or, better yet, not worth attempting?
That's completely against AE. They LIKE challenges, as it makes them improve and get better.

No, I don't see this as a bad idea. AE could easily pull it off.

Also, the whole characters acting normally, is easy... unless you've seriously never encountered a human being.
The whole "Story keeping a certain tone" this is not that hard either, how difficult could it be, for an educated writer to keep a dark, bright, crazy, funny or serious tone?
It's kind of common sense for a bright story to have a "don't take too seriously" tone, serious stories to have a "make sense, have some realism" tone.
Unless, you've once again, never encountered a human being and lack normal conversation skills.

Just because it MIGHT be hard (which it's not if you're used to writing stories) does not make it a bad idea.

quote:

I am going to conclude that, while you all have good intentions, one needs to remember the limits that AE has right now and how these goals can make or break something. Just... think a little more, please.

Well thanks for not being one of those: "I'll let you think up excuses, mmkay" types, hate those guys.

To be completely honest, only AE is limiting themselves.

They took what, only two years to learn 3D coding (however they've done well) and then use mobile as a main engine, resulting in most of their plans to be scrapped, any big lines of codes to be shortened, limiting their creativity...

Taking a new route is not a risk, it's an opportunity..

< Message edited by LyRein -- 9/9/2015 11:59:37 >
Post #: 177
9/9/2015 12:50:22   
iCarbon

^you wrote too much
AQW  Post #: 178
9/9/2015 13:18:38   
Gorillo Titan

I did my best to skim through the post I agree with the parts I read.

A feature that more than likely will not get added but I think would be good a translate feature so you can communicate with players who don't speak your language.
Post #: 179
9/9/2015 13:28:45   
Vypie

@iCarbon
...and you wrote a post that didn't contribute at all. These discussions should exist, even if its not something you would bother reading.

People voicing their thoughts about a game they are passionate about may bring up important points and views that otherwise wouldn't be talked about. Even if you agree with them or not.
Epic  Post #: 180
9/9/2015 13:43:33   
Azan

quote:

A feature that more than likely will not get added but I think would be good a translate feature so you can communicate with players who don't speak your language.

I can see how hilarious that could be. xD

English player: That armor you have looks good. Where can I get it?
Japanese player: It is rare , but it does Mase no longer available.
Polish player: I need help in agriculture boss!

(all these went through Google translate. Apparently "farming the boss" becomes "agriculture boss". Gotta remember that one.)
Post #: 181
9/9/2015 14:10:45   
HeroKae

I completed the quests in greenguard forest and the "collect things around the map" were my favorites. Those quests give you a good incentive to explore and interact with all terrain. I think, in the future, a good ideia would be some quests require you to go back to the early maps and collect things in hidden places, and then a monster with a high level spawn to challenge you. This way you can make higher level players return to older maps and keep the overall map difficult low since the strong monsters will only spawn in specific spots, so any low level can avoid then easily.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 182
9/9/2015 14:14:54   
Gorillo Titan

Bing has a very good translate feature.
Post #: 183
9/9/2015 14:29:51   
Caststarter

@LyRein

Time to respond to each quote with numbers.

Response one. Quite a couple years actually. I actually play a bit still and I am not getting any more updates on my PS3. Hence why I said "official" updates. And my sources? Well my own experiences and other player opinions. Quite a few actually. Personal experience is biased yes... but if you went to the AEF OOC Entertainment Board and saw the Skyrim thread there... I seen a good amount of responses where it was along the lines of mediocrity be it due to bugs, uninteresting story, uninteresting characters... I seen plenty to go on though I will return to Skyrim on one thing that many still do not like about the ELDER SCROLLS SERIES in general does. How does it relate back to

Response two. This will be simple. Why not at least try then? Why try to limit yourself in terms of market... when you already are pursuing a quality game? Does not make any sense to do so, yes?

Response three. Does not really matter where it is from? Be it Western (WoW) or Eastern (FF14: Realm Reborn) they already have elements that are quite similar. They also have their differences as like I said before which is to do their own take on the already established formula. I think you are missing parts of my sentences here, my friend. And yes, I have played WoW. It still, in fact, have millions of players and it is not just due to loyalty. I quit playing. My mom is on and off. I know a couple million quit. So definitely not all about loyalty here. So. If it still has millions of players on with a formula that is supposedly recently does not work anymore... is it actually broken? No. It is not. The problem is when you try to arbitrarily change things. Let us look at Sonic Games for examples. Not MMOs but the same logic can be applied in this case in changing the formula to stupid proportions. The original trilogy on the Genesis is still one of the most popular Sonic games in the franchise. Come the Adventure games. A little wonky but tried to adhere to the formula of the Genesis trilogy in 3D. Then comes Shadow the Hedgehog... by then easily one of the worst Sonic games due to how much they tried to change the formula and even, let me say this to acknowledge something later, TONE. Then Sonic '06... EVEN WORST! Now you have the Secret Rings which while not as bad is still looked down upon. Unleash? Not bad, but still looked down upon. Colors? A breath of fresh air for the fanbase! Why? For many, despite the apparently questionable gimmick of the color wisps, it practically played like a simple Sonic game for once. A simple mixture of 2D and 3D. Let that be continued in Generations without the aforementioned gimmick and the fanbase still liked that game. Then Lost World... not many were happy. Why? Again! Changing the formula too much. Now you can argue that it is due to the fact that this is due to being in one series... but that can be applied to anything. The exact same happen with the transition from Jak & Daxter to Jak 2. While there it was more jarring, that still meant no one liked that change. And keep in mind, that was one of the most drastic changes you can see in a same... let alone their second game. I am going to close off that for AQ3D to change the formula... they can not do it just for the sake of change. It is not a good thing to do change just for the sake of change. There has to be logical reasons. Right now, AQ3D can look at problems in other games and go "hmm... this can be tweaked a bit." It does not need to be radical shifts. In fact, why does so many cherish Megaman games despite the apparent lack of definitive changes? Where so few in comparison complained about that? Because the system works. It is straight up fun for those people.

Response four. How does it being on mobile limits the game? Graphically fine but you yourself keep saying as if its a non issue so I am going abuse that fact. There is already motion-based technology that can be done on the latest of mobile technology so that itself should solve any control problems on what otherwise would be a simple game. All you need to do is think outside the box.

And sorry, but there are plenty of cases where game developers tried to make everything "complicated" just to do that "equation" you just did and is just not liked by the overall gaming community. Allow me to list them off. Sonic '06 (terrible), Resident 6 (Range from mediocre to terrible.), Skyrim (this goes for more wealth of content but the quantity versus quality argument applies.), Watch Dogs (Mediocre), and AC: Unity (Bad). All of these games are pretty much more complicated compared to other games and just did not do so well. Why is this so? Besides overblown marketing, they did not have a good deal of focus. When you complicate things, you lose focus and this is one of the reasons why games like Sonic '06 turned out horribly. You need focus. You want to keep things simple to have that focus. Let me compare two fighting games. Blazblue VS Super Street Fighter. Blazblue is a 2-D fighter where you have the average fighting mechanics but you have mechanics and character gimmicks that makes it more complicated. Is there a fanbase? Yes as it is a good series. Now Super Street Fighter. Same type of fighter but characters are more simple in terms of controls and the mechanics are easier to work around. According to you the more complicated game is the better game. Not in this case. Super Street Fighter is a more simple fighting game series and yet has more players competing how it go to EVO pretty much all the time versus that of Blazblue whose fanbase is smaller and only went on EVO TWICE. And do not get me started on Super Smash Bros which are comparatively more simple and yet has more lasting appeal to all sorts of players where Melee is still in the competitive fighting game scene still TODAY. Content nor elaborate ideas will give you success and in fact, it has been the OPPOSITE quite a lot. AQ3D is suppose to be simple. Why does it need to be complicated. AE likes to keep things simple so they not alienating their already existing audience of which is mainly suppose to be "casual". It is a very fine line.

Response five. First off, thanks for proving my point. I have clearly said they tried to do new things. It is their specialty. And Telltale? Well! They have their own specialty as well! Let me quote wikipedia for a brief bit. "Telltale Games presents itself specifically as a developer of episodic games. Many critics feel that Telltale is the only company to have done episodic gaming right. Telltale is also seen by movie studios and other content producers to take a more realistic approach to movie tie-in games; rather than the difficult model of "see the movie; play the game", Telltale is noted for working with studios and screenwriters to create a strong experience that pays homage to the original film or franchise.." Look! They have their own specialty as well where their fans can come to expect. Though they are also reported for bugs and glitches...? Not good. Though their specialty stays the same. Same for any company. In fact, let us go back to Sonic. I already said that Sonic Team tried to change the formula quite a bit, alluding to after the Adventure games. And I was ignoring spin-offs as they are naturally suppose to be something entirely different. In terms of Sonic... what do you expect? High speed action. Good dialogue. Fun characters. And exhilarating game play! All the while suppose to be for... hmm... more modest upcoming teens. In fact you can say Sonic is based on the cocky teen. Let us go back to Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic '06. Those expectations that I just said? None of them are there! Sonic '06 is rather slow being more "realistic", unmemorable dialogue, unmemorable characters, all that. Shadow the Hedgehog changed Shadow from someone who was suppose to be more of an anti-hero while showing off some intimidation... to someone very moody. Plus that amnesia plot. Not good. That is an example of tone change as well. No one liked it. So. Would Artix have AE's specialty changed just for the sake of trying to gain a new audience? I am doubtful for AE already has an established fanbase and just arbitrarily changing what they are known for would be jarring. I think their most recent actual success was in fact Battle Gems which is everything one would expect from. Epicduel is not doing so hot. Oversoul is not doing so hot. And Herosmash is not doing so hot. Two of which is not what you would expect from AE. (Though Oversoul is middle-ground for that I say... so that is debatable.)

Response six. I think you misconstrued for what I said. None of my examples were meant to be taken as a case of "dark = bad". Far from it in fact. In fact, my entire point was that darkness, greyness, and grittyness does not necessarily gives better access to bringing out a quality product. Though allow me to quote you once more.
quote:

AE is lacking the emotional impact story-making has/needs.
Why is the Hero so motivated to do everything in the first place?

Hero in AE just accepts anything. Hero in AE is always right. Hero in AE is the white in black and white story-telling.
Example, Laken's Lunarmancer.

It was very implied. This, from experience, is usually one of the many arguments I have seen as to why dark, grey, and grittyness is better. Too many times in fact. Now then. Since that was not the case. I will apologize for the misunderstanding. They happen often. Like I think how you misunderstand me.

Response seven. This is where I am going to bring both personal experience where it is actually very useful to know and something that people do not like about the Elder Scroll series in general. I have written many things. I have two personal projects right now where one is an entire novel and the other is my DF OC story. And let me tell you. If you think character writing is easy. It is actually far from it. You have to make sure character interactions are seen as natural where you have to consider a thousand things like dialogue, body motion, beliefs, ideas, tone of voice, intent, situation, familiarity, and direct actions. Try wrapping all of those as one when writing just.... ONE character. I have written my sheer few of characters but my main OC of DF, Mort, took THREE YEARS to truly finalize. Some took a year. Some took a couple months. If they were side characters, maybe even a week. But for main characters? I had to process many thoughts on how they would act, believe, or just plain design and origin. It is not easy. Now, once you begin introducing multiple story pathways, things become even more insane. Now you have to take account how characters would react to your character's action history, maybe even sudden seemingly out-of-character actions. This is where the Elder Scrolls come in. Many have criticized the series for the lack of "true" branching dialogue trees where it would affect the story completely differently and give you a brand new result. Why would the writerS(yes, there are multiple.) do this? Because it is so much easier and ease on the already crushing workload. I also have to bring mention that they DO have their own story to tell and they want to make sure you follow what you want to do. The only game that I can of that completely broke this mold is the Stanley Parable... but it was designed specifically with that in mind. Most games I have played have actions that while might change the ending... it is usually only the ending. Not the overall story.

Also, about tone. Look at some games a bit more carefully. They mix tones quite a bit. Let me talk about Etrian Odyssey Untold 2. It has serious scenes, it has comical scenes, it has wacky scenes (hedgehogs anyone?), a couple depressing scenes, and some scenes that are meant to induce fear. ALL THE WHILE WITH NO CINEMATICS!(For the most part.) All with just the text the game gives you. (...Yes. Your limit is your imagination!... And surprisingly it is rather effective.) Try to make sure your pace is solid, make sure to bring these scenes at the PRECISE moments when they need to come, have the characters react how you would envision them to, and not act as if they are just coming out from the door. All the while with multiple outcomes. There are plenty of bad stories out there. I can not rip them all to shreds though because I actually understand how surprisingly easy it is to screw up. And when I mean easy to screw up. I do mean EASY. In fact, Skyrim's stories... are not really looked up upon. It kinds of goes under the rather typical "epic" story but... with none of the character.

I am going back to specialty now. AE games are known for their quirkiness. They are known for their beloved characters. They are known for their comical and even at times neatly placed scenes. While I do not think many associate AQW with the latter part... it is still meant to be a comical game. Right now, AQ3D is suspected to comprise those attributes. This is what AE has trained themselves to do. Yes, it is important to be flexible. We seen that in DF already. So maybe just a simple use of dialogue trees will do just to produce a different reaction. But entire different outcomes/endings for the entire story? That alone is like trying from jumping over a pond to a lake as the next hurdle. It is too big of a step to be taken now. Let AE does new things small and simple and allow those to be refined and tweaked first instead of just rushing head-on with the new idea.

Response eight. This will be simple. Why has LoL failed? It was not due to mobile actually. It was due to Unity. It was simple as that. Unity encompasses more than just mobile. It attempts to cover everything. It really is not complicated why LoL did not get off the ground. But it was definitely not because it was trying to go on mobile devices.

And sadly? Everything is risk these days. Everything. You have to measure them.

< Message edited by Caststarter -- 9/9/2015 14:39:34 >
DF  Post #: 184
9/12/2015 9:28:25   
reborn11

Here's my feedback after reaching level 3 :

Negatives :
- Item information and management interface needs improvement. I'd rather each equipment displaying stats in a form showing what stats it increases and what it doesn't rather than just text lined up with each other. Navigating through your inventory isn't the smoothest thing either and I'd prefer to have smaller item namespaces like in AQW.
- The enemies are a bit tougher from AQW, which is nice...but at the same time it's pretty ridiculous. Me and another player pretty much agreed that this game has already turned the frogzards from basic mook to the most effective and powerful beings in Lore. Their aggro rates, while encouraging positioning and careful navigation, don't help when having 2 enemies on you at a time means confirmed death considering their stats.
- Leveling up takes way too long.
- Tone down the grinding in the quests, please.
- Really hoping the class system will have more of a sense of progression in the final game, as well as some customization options to what skills we have because honestly playing mage the class skillset right now feels too random and cramped.
- It's confusing especially in a 3D game when you have no indication which door leads to another area and which doesn't.
- Targeting feels weird, just have it target whatever you click.

Positives :
- The graphics are really nice for Unity.
- Though they could be expanded, stats variety in items is appreciated.
- Additional slots for what you have equipped is nice.
- The tougher enemies, while they should be toned down a bit, also encourage teamwork and careful navigation and taking advantage of the environment.
- The maps so far are well designed, they're big enough and there's always a way out when you think you're stuck.
- Not too laggy.

I understand this is still in Alpha, and this has a lot of potential. So I'm hoping the negatives get fixed and the positives expanded on.
DF  Post #: 185
9/12/2015 9:56:39   
Gorillo Titan

@above Gonna give you a little help.
The class we have now is just a standin while they finish the actual classes.
cysero said the map would work like AQW so no minimaps.
I agree with the quest though I like some of the quest but would rather not have a bunch of AQW style quest causes thats one of the reason its popularity dropped killing 30+ of something gets old maybe add an incentive like if you kill 100 frogzards you get a special item or something.
leveling up does take a while but it still is alpha so that will most likely change and having us level up to fast would leave us in situation with stats being less impressive.
Post #: 186
9/13/2015 4:44:06   
nublustheaerovian

Can you please fix the chat bug?
It doesn't work in Firefox on Macs I already tried that.
Please fix it as soon as possible. It's essential to getting the other players to help you with the tougher enemies.

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries"
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition"
"It's not dead, it's resting."
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 187
9/13/2015 9:16:30   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@nublustheaerovian: That the chat system doesn't works when using a Mac is a known bug, and Zhoom is already working to fix it.
DF AQW  Post #: 188
9/14/2015 13:54:22   
Mithos

Just made an account and made a Mage. Noticed I had a Heal spell, so I cast it on myself only to see it miss. Will this stay, or will healing spells be changed to have guaranteed hit at some point? It feels a bit silly to dodge something beneficial like that.
AQ  Post #: 189
9/14/2015 14:33:18   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@Mithos: Two things:

1) The class you see right now is a temporary class everybody's using: Warriors, Mages and Rogues... They all have the same skillsets right now. This will be changed later.

2) If I recall correctly, I think that the issue of Heal missing is being worked upon.
DF AQW  Post #: 190
9/15/2015 15:49:28   
Mithos

Just seen Cysero in game, which was fun to see. Pity I couldn't talk to him on my Mac. In case he's reading these boards, I'd like him to know that the undead minions (Skeleton, Skeleton Warrior etc) don't seem to be spawning any more in Deadwood. Or perhaps they did, and are falling for eternity. I've not been able to complete Artix' quest involving their arms for a while now because they're nowhere to be found.

EDIT: Might as well give a nice long feedback post.

Played the game for a few days now, and I love it. I was recently thinking of resubscribing to WoW for a month or 3, but this game sated my MMO lust just fine.

The Greenguard Forest quests took a while to go through, and they were all set in the first part of the forest, which I think is a little annoying. I feel like the questing experience would've been great had it moved the player through the forest and caves instead, so that the player isn't just running around fighting the exact same monsters over and over. Using quests to guide the player through an area should help greatly with exploration, and keeps things fresh as the player doesn't start getting bored of seeing the same thing so often as they go through the quest line. If Robina and Edon updated to move their NPCs further along the zone with the quest line, it would also solve the player problem of having to run through the entire zone to hand a quest in repeatedly. For instance, Robina starts to appear in front of the cave entrance once the player is on the part of the quest involving the surrounding area. Of course, the ability to hand a quest in wherever you stand is massively convenient too, such as with Robina's quest line.

Something else that people have already mentioned is how similar this game is to AQW, thanks to how classes and skills are handled. The sooner AQ3D moves away from AQW, the better, I feel. It needs to have it's own appeal to make it stand out. Having a spell/skill list that works like olde AQ's spells could be a way to handle this. Having different skills or spells be equipped with their own interface (as opposed to everything being in the backpack), I feel, would be great. It gives everyone freedom to make their character truly theirs, as even if two players are of the same class, their different skills separates the two.
Classes would then need something to make them stand out, and I feel that various passive effects, separate from stats, can do this. For instance, while the Warrior class is equipped, all 'Strike' attacks deal 20% more damage. While the Mage class is equipped, spell cast time is reduced by 20%, and so on. Some classes, like Berserker, could even have drawbacks to balance out an even stronger effect. For instance, dealing 30% increased damage, but with -10% hit chance. For all this to work though, I think 'Attack' needs to be split between Strength and Intellect.

All in all, I'm just hoping this game has a bit of complexity to it, through customisation. Weapons and equipment having different stats already gives me hope, as AQW's way of making every weapon deal the same damage makes the game feel more like a dress up game than an RPG, since the sole purpose of buying new equipment is just to look cool. Please don't make AQ3D like that.

< Message edited by Mithos -- 9/16/2015 15:54:17 >
AQ  Post #: 191
9/21/2015 15:54:04   
No One Important

Granted I've only been playing the game for about 5 mins, I don't know if someone has brought this up but the rotation speed with wsad or arrow keys is way to fast and quite jarring. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a way to quickly look around or not, but a single tap seems to move the camera 45-90 degrees making precision movement quite difficult.
AQW  Post #: 192
9/22/2015 11:47:43   
Phlynch

Not now, you are still testing, but when the game starts, please put more effort in to ensuring a smooth leveling experience.

In AQW you have a great story, and that story has a set flow*. But the difficulty is so disjointed. you have low level quests at the beginning, then in the middle the levels spike, and you have to grind for days. Then you beat that zone, and you one shot everything in the next one.

So please, when designing a zone linked to the story, check to see what level someone who has only participated in the main story would be, and use that to decide how difficult to make the zone.

*it is even numbered!

Unrelated: Could you also nerf the bosses after the week they are released. Because unless it drops something amazing, it will only have a small army killing it for one week. and every one after that will have to solo him.

< Message edited by Phlynch -- 9/22/2015 11:51:40 >

Post #: 193
9/28/2015 17:00:19   
Emrys

I just finished playing through surewood (wherever robina is will always be surewood in my mind) greenguard north, and I really loved it. I think it's in ingenious idea to have the quests be for the area itself, instead of for the main npc of the area. It was so nice to be able to start the next quest from wherever I was and not have to go back to Robina. I think it also makes it easier for players to access the quests, and clearly defines which quests are part of the story for that area and which are extra. The lighting up of the rocks was very cool, I just wish they would stay like that once you finished the quest chain. Can't wait for the next area quest chain!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 194
10/2/2015 17:26:26   
Prince tommy

I don't plan on play AQ3D when it's a fully launched game but I thought I should give some feedback from how much of what I played so far.

After playing this game I think the npcs should become solid objects because everytime I log onto AQ3D I've noticed people standing inside the npc since the npcs in AQ3D aren't currently solid objects and people can walk through them and stand inside them and act like they are the npc which can make it misleading and might make it hard to click the red exclamation point icon that is above the npc and I've also standing inside the npc like this for hours on end.

And I don't think the /join commands to join maps are necessary for AQ3D considering this is a 3d world MMO I just think it would take away the MMO part away from the game and make it alot more like AQW if this function actually stays in the game.

I think the combat system needs a major revamp and the way the combat is needs a major update because right now it just feels like a click and kill enemys game just like how AQW is where you just click 1 of 5 skills to kill a monster but I think more class skills should be added to AQ3D then just 5 skills.

Also I think AQ3D would benefit if there was an auction house or a player trade system added in the game.

< Message edited by Prince tommy -- 6/5/2016 22:19:16 >
Post #: 195
10/7/2015 2:03:12   
Spendin

Ok in this feedback I'm going to hold AQ3D to the standard of things like WoW and Wildstar and things like that.

It shows promise. It seems like it will be better than AQW. Though that wouldn't be hard. (whoops let my negative opinion of AQW slip, feel free to crucify me)

The combat does seem slow. Like VERY slow. I wish the auto-attack would be a little faster and maybe cooldowns would be a little faster.

The world looks good as far as color scheme goes, models could use a bit of work, it has a real 2003-esque look to it at them moment, and that's a bit generous because Toontown looked better than this.

The town feels kind of empty but that's probably just because we're in alpha. I hope you plan to just drop a few NPCs here and there give Battleon a little life. The NPCs don't have to even do anything aside from walk around and look pretty.

Auto-hostility is a thing now, which is good. That was one of my big issues with AQW. It's hard to immerse myself and think these monsters are a real threat when they won't instigate combat. So yeah the auto-aggro is a step in the right direction for sure.

A run faster button would be appreciated. I feel like I'm going at a snails pace even though my character is doing a running animation. Maybe like holding Shift or something.

I noticed enemies 1 level higher than me could absolutely wreck me. I always associate AE games with being able to attempt enemies 10 levels higher than you and still be able to win. (albeit by the skin of your teeth)
So that was a bit disorienting.

When I click things it seems like the game thought my click was more of a suggestion than a command which is aggravating.

Also can you make it easier to pull up my quest menu and other vital functions? Like give them their own buttons? If WoW can do it so can you.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Love you guys at AE and I have faith that everything I mentioned will be fixed in the final product. (Or at least most of them)

AQ DF  Post #: 196
10/12/2015 13:16:38   
Gorillo Titan

Can we get a feature to turn off the text for gold and dodge or change the size of it. Its annoying when I fight more than one monster since it takes up the entire space im fighting on.
Post #: 197
10/12/2015 13:28:01   
Gabool The Wild

They should add descriptions to weapons aside from just the stats.
Post #: 198
10/12/2015 13:32:37   
Gorillo Titan

Anyone think lightning should have a chain strike ability like most games?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 10/12/2015 13:35:59 >
Post #: 199
10/22/2015 8:47:25   
*Slash*

I don't know if this has been reported already but there seem to be a few typos in Artix's quests in Doomwood.
The description of the first quest indicates that you need to collect 15 Skeletal Arm bones whereas the Objectives part requires 20.
The description of the second quest indicates that you need to collect 30 Shadow pelts whereas the Objectives part requires 50.

AQ  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 8 of 30«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition