Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)
Page 5 of 19«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/15/2015 20:54:23   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Lol if it comes out in the rp I will spin the tale. Was Sanas first rp on my main forum, one heck of an adventure, lol
Post #: 101
10/16/2015 1:17:40   
Ted Zlammy

Hmm, I could probably post again, but I think I'll wait to give Krey a chance to get a post in edgewise. Oh, and gotta love that snarky little goblin, I actually chuckled from that last post.
MQ AQW  Post #: 102
10/16/2015 2:02:39   
Krey

My posts seem incredibly short these days... Though, to be fair, back in the day I didn't have a widescreen monitor. Makes them seem ridiculously short.
AQ  Post #: 103
10/16/2015 2:38:19   
Bastet

Oh boy, I hope Arche knows what she's doing . Rajiri is the last person you would want to take to an inn like that, for even if she can bring herself to tolerate the foul smells and the noisy patrons she is going the start a brawl the moment someone tosses a half-arsed insult in her direction.

This is going to be fun.

< Message edited by Bastet -- 10/16/2015 4:33:27 >
Post #: 104
10/16/2015 5:42:44   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Don't worry Krey, remember how long mine used to be? I have purposely scaled mine back around here for this rp. So don't worry. Want long posts should see the Nation Rp I am in, we go up to 60 pages typed in Word for a single post, lol.

Post #: 105
10/16/2015 5:46:32   
Bastet

I'm not against long posts at all, Afina, but how is that even remotely practical? The longest post I've ever written was around 6,600 words, which should be around 15 pages in word if my memory doesn't fail me. It would take me about a week to write a post that long in the very best case, and I'm not even sure I could keep such a rhythm up.

Also, I'd like to ask, where is the other place that you RP in, precisely?

< Message edited by Bastet -- 10/16/2015 5:48:22 >
Post #: 106
10/16/2015 8:31:23   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Nation Rp is a far different monster than your typical rp. A realm or world is created, maps are provided. Flora, fauna, environment, races, technology levels, etc. You claim a portion of the map. You provide a nation sheet that has your key players, what type of government, religions, military numbers, what you produce, mine, fish, export, import, trade, etc. I think my nation sheet is about 14 pages to cover my small nation. Each post let's people know what is going in in key parts of your nation over the given x amount of time. Then you colab in Google docs with the other players to create posts when two nations interact in diplomatics, war, etc. Sometimes posts are shorter if it is just a single character or event set up for a specific short amount of time. The longer the period of time you need to cover, the more events, the more happening between nations can lead to longer posts. Some are shorter. Think my shortest is six pages, longest has been 42, I average ten but my nation is secluded. (I'm a newb compared to these guys, lol)

As far as where, it's in my sig.
Post #: 107
10/16/2015 9:12:29   
Bastet

Sounds fairly interesting, actually. I might give it a try some of these days, perhaps while I'm on holiday.

Post will be up in a few hours.
Post #: 108
10/16/2015 9:24:51   
Krey

Haha I recall the days when the name of the game was make your posts super long. Those days you'd spend half an hour reading three posts. It got a little rough sometimes, but we all played it and took maybe a little too much pride in our ability to write long winded.
AQ  Post #: 109
10/16/2015 10:42:02   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Lmao, amen to that. With the way the forum used to be flooded with one liners it wasn't surprising that long posts were strived for. Now I stick to casual, shorter posts, quicker posts. Found a happy middle ground between the two. (Outside of NRP that is, lol)
Post #: 110
10/16/2015 12:25:12   
Ted Zlammy

Wowza, 60 pages of Word for an RP? That is quite something.

As for the short posting thing, it's fine, and I'm happy that this RP is fine for it. I'm all sorts of rusty from RPing right now, so it's nice that this RP is pretty lax.
MQ AQW  Post #: 111
10/16/2015 13:56:36   
Bastet

Have to say, the pace this RP has picked up is insane. Half the messages in Rise of Domrius in a mere 11 days, when it took RoD months to get to this count. Thanks for hosting it, Afina, and everyone who has joined so far, I'm having loads of fun.
Post #: 112
10/16/2015 14:54:43   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

No problem, ^^ Glad to see everyone enjoying it
Post #: 113
10/16/2015 16:26:07   
Remaint

As for me, long posts are best fitting for roleplays where one controls a multitude of characters, namely, The Rise of Domrius. The posts in RoD are usually perfect. To the contrary, the standard length for Elemental Championships appear obnoxiously long; much content are simply re-telling of an event past in a perspective not truly refreshing. That format does still hold an advantage; if for some reason I am bored of every character but S.O.N.A.R(really nice character, Bastet), I can only read its owner’s post and get the holistic experience.

Nation Rps really are the extreme, they seem to demand an excess of time(and I applaud people willing to do it). I have the correct material for it, but I'd avoid it. RoD's the perfect micro-to-macro scale in terms of mass characters and interaction. With 170 individuals at my command, I may name and partly place personality in all of them, but I cannot do the same with 183 million individuals.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 10/16/2015 17:36:59 >
AQW  Post #: 114
10/16/2015 19:36:49   
Bastet

I apologize for my character's attitude, Remaint, but that's just the way I wrote her. It would be incoherent to have her behave in any other way. Thanks for the compliment on S.O.N.A.R., by the way, although I'm still disappointed that I was forced to retire due to time management problems.
Post #: 115
10/16/2015 21:21:59   
Draycos777

getting up a post soon.
AQ  Post #: 116
10/16/2015 22:13:43   
Remaint

Don't apologize for your character of all things! It's absolutely acceptable and quite fun to have such a conflicting character; it's what truly drives plots!
My character isn't the epitome of civility, either, he's a Conquistador for blood's sake, he knowingly subjugates others and brings war to continents.

Understandable, S.O.N.A.R had alot more potential(so loyal! So loyal he'll refuse the ugly faces of elemental lords themselves for its master!) if you had more time. He died a kind of stupid death if you ask me. Bolos, those leg-tangly things weren't used to hunt elephants; things with massive trunks for legs. There's no way in hell a mangy cave-cat could bring down something like S.O.N.A.R with damn rocks and ropes.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 10/16/2015 22:24:43 >
AQW  Post #: 117
10/16/2015 22:54:54   
Draycos777

ok, sorry for the hold up. Something came up that delayed my post a bit.
AQ  Post #: 118
10/17/2015 1:35:23   
Ted Zlammy

So, uh, it's currently night now right? I'm just asking in the off case if a certain group of dimensional hopping adventurers could notice bolts of lightning and plumes of flame in a dark horizon from a particular tavern.

Not that I'm insinuating such a thing could occur of course. Just... In case it does is all. Eh hehehe.
MQ AQW  Post #: 119
10/17/2015 1:36:55   
Remaint

I really have no clue, didn't remember Afina mentioning it, but there's about to be more bolts of lightning once Woyadei sees Nilburke!(He certainly won't be hurt, though)

< Message edited by Remaint -- 10/17/2015 1:43:43 >
AQW  Post #: 120
10/17/2015 9:16:19   
Krey

I believe the outside group is actually quite detached from us in time at this point. Afina would have to confirm but they've done a LOT in the time we've actually covered. Particularly with traveling and taking down a monster. I think anything you do now would match up with the traveling they've already done timeline-wise.

Also the things they are doing now are probably a good bit of time in our future.

< Message edited by Krey -- 10/17/2015 9:17:42 >
AQ  Post #: 121
10/17/2015 9:35:03   
Bastet

I support Krey's idea that we should wait for Afina's judgement before we can properly determine the current time. It certainly does not help that the conversations outside the tavern have been moving a lot more quickly than those inside.
Post #: 122
10/17/2015 9:55:41   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Yes, the Times are different now. I stated earlier in the ooc that anyone with the group outside would have to wait to re-enter the tavern for me to do a time jump for those inside the tavern (and they aren't close to that point yet.)
Post #: 123
10/17/2015 14:46:07   
Apocalypse

@Remnaint: Just my two cents about EC posts, it is pretty convenient when you are keeping up with the posts as they are happening. Jumping from arena to arena can be jarring with placements of characters and actions. The redundant nature can help serve as a "previously on" segment. And you're entirely right about getting the holistic experience from one RPer's posts - the EC isn't one story but the amalgamation of a couple dozen. It can be seen as a contest for whose character gets to become the protagonist in-hindsight.

Also, please inform Woyadei to keep his lightning bolts. Goblin culture calls for individuals not to incinerate others on mere sight.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 124
10/17/2015 19:49:02   
Remaint

I'll wait until Drayco posts; wouldn't want to miss Arche's reaction to the current conversation.

Woyadei will certainly mind his bolts, you'll see what I mean!
AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: ~*Getting To Know You*~ (It Lives Once Again)
Page 5 of 19«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition