Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= December 01, 2015 - Tis the Season for Gifting

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 01, 2015 - Tis the Season for Gifting
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/10/2015 20:21:10   
The berserker killer

Is there any reason we cant get war 2.0 back when wars inactive? The features we would like most:
- Influence Per battle
-legion and exile bar on top (world domination bar)
-Flags (not the token kind because I understand we wont get tokens back)
- Influence cores

Just when war is on cooldown. Please, this is insanely effective for competition.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 26
12/11/2015 11:34:41   
  Charfade

quote:

Cyber Dream - One thing I suggested in the past was to get more players aware and active on the forums, then they could learn A LOT about ED.

I agree with you, we’ve tried to put them in what’s news, DN’s, e-mails, its on the front page of our website. Anyplace that won't get too annoying really. The fact of the matter is not everyone is built for fourm life. Just how some people are anti social media. They just want to play the game.

quote:

Exploding Penguin - I think people need to just put more thought into their suggestions before complaining about them not getting accepted.

Yes! please! For every suggestion we have to run it through a requirement check list. If it doesn’t meet the requirements it’s either scrapped or tabled for a later date when more information is available. That checklist is the one I provided above. Lots of thought goes into every suggestion or decision made in EpicDuel. If we're going to be spending time on it its has to be worth it . Also Suggestions have always come in faster than we were able to implement. So will always be behind.

quote:

Remorse - I feel it would be appropriate to add something here having been a person who has made harsh crtisism on the game in the past, but also feels guilty with the implications this may have on the designers morale.

I appreciate your honesty. We can take criticism, I don't mind it when it’s constructive. However you can have the strongest backbone in the world, over time the FU’s and “go kill yourself” can really get to you. We do try to read between the lines and try and get to the meaning of the harshest criticisms players have. Then do our best to address them. Just the days when I wake up to a really nasty tweet, well it can put off the whole day. Especially for creatives who put so much passion into our work. We’ve participated in workshops and watch videos on best PR practices, what they tell us is we just don't respond back, because untimely it just adds to the fire of already bloated troll. With all the things happening in the world now though, I have to wonder if silence is really an appropriate course of action to address an issue. Devs, parents, friends, random strangers on the internet, it doesn't matter who you are… were people sharing similar experiences and what we say has an effect on other people. I really ask everyone to be better about constructively confront the issue, never attack the person.

quote:

Satafou - Respect is something earned, no one is forced to respect anyone.

Touché and likewise

quote:

ambien - gifting starts on the 11th. l wonder if the devs think this will save ed. with around 198--- 220 players max on line at one time. l hope the gifting if any that we will not have botting again hope not.

As I type this we are testing the ED gifting system of 2016. So yay! The EpicDuel Guest artists and Dev team have worked very hard to bring you an exciting gift giving year. And I sort of take offence when someone says “ Devs think this will save ED.” The gift giving system isn’t about that… we like the event, we think its fun, and really if you want to get down to it we are giving away hours and hours of work that went into this event for free. All you have to do is login and accept a gift. It’s not about saving anything, is the holidays and we wanted to do something fun and give back to the players. So please, enjoy.

quote:

The berserker killer - Is there any reason we cant get war 2.0 back when wars inactive? The features we would like most:

So, we were going to have the Central station war this month… but the overlay of the interface plus war interface overly conflicted with each other. We looked into a way to combine the 2 interfaces but ultimately that became really buggy and glitchy. So the central station war will be coming out next month as the follow up event to gift giving. Central station war is the last war in the region cycle, and now the system is complete! So theoretically wars will be scheduled and turn on more frequently hereafter. Which was the original plan of the war. Its taken us a lot longer to finish the system due to time budget on what AE wanted us to complete for BioBeasts. There was only so much we could plan and design for.

quote:

OMEGA, PASSIVES, CORELESS WEAPONS, RAWR!

No, we can not bring back, Delta, gamma, beta, alpha phases. We can only go forward with the current state EpicDuel is in. There is so much security we’ve had to tack on over the years that reverting back would leave your accounts pretty open to the picking of anyone and we would have to pretty much wipe clean all database records to really make that feasible. That doesn't mean we couldn’t bring back flavors of previous phases, it just means we will not be changing the game as it stands. I’ve said it before but I will say again, Omgea was a necessary change to the EpicDuel engine, one what was not done lightly. All decisions go through several pro’s and con’s discussions and we do a long term cost benefit analysis to all features and systems in EpicDuel. While some has con that very much didn’t sit well, there were pros we couldn’t ignore. So the decision of removing passives opened up other possibilities, same with adding cores to weapons and everything Omega is and stands for now. You don't have to agree with them or even like them but the pros of the system allows you to still login and play the game today, which was always our long term goal.
MQ Epic  Post #: 27
12/11/2015 13:58:04   
Lord Machaar

@Charfade:
quote:

So the central station war will be coming out next month as the follow up event to gift giving.

Is this war will be exactly like past wars of other regions? Or Have you fixed the war system? Or you are planning to launch the last war which is CS then fixing it?
MQ Epic  Post #: 28
12/11/2015 14:07:47   
Satafou

I know i said i wasn't going to post on this thread anymore, but i just want to say Charfade i'm impressed with your multiple responses. It's interaction like this that players of any game desire and i hope interaction of this calibre is a reoccuring act, rather than an one off thing.
Post #: 29
12/11/2015 17:47:44   
dfo99

the devs refuse to allow stay in any world to receive the prize, why? this twitter speedrun is very annoying.
Post #: 30
12/11/2015 18:48:28   
Teufel Hunden

this actually has nothing to do with the dev but rather the players using their own money how they please. It is like a game, if you aren't willing to play you don't get to reap the rewards.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/11/2015 21:05:55   
dfo99

it don't seems to be focused on small group of players.
Post #: 32
12/12/2015 6:45:27   
Darkwing

If you can't remove the player number limit from a world, then at least make the gift work on 2 worlds at the same or all.

If not, then some will make millions of credits and some just a few thousand

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 12/12/2015 6:47:13 >
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 01, 2015 - Tis the Season for Gifting
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition