Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What will the plot be like?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: What will the plot be like?
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/17/2015 7:41:41   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

Any timeline where Sepulchure gets an happy ending is a timeline where the world has been drown in darkness and everybody is either dead or a slave to the Shadowscythe. I wouldn't call that a "good" timeline.
DF AQW  Post #: 51
12/17/2015 8:18:41   
Wolfofdoom3

^But the important thing is that he's happy, right?......Right?!
Post #: 52
12/17/2015 9:23:37   
teravor

Well, no, I don't think Seppy is going to get a happy ending considering that drowning the world in darkness would kill everyone who wasn't a darkness elemental or undead.

Which includes his Daughter.

Whoops, catch-22.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
12/17/2015 10:51:14   
LyRein

quote:

EDoT = Hero

The EDoT reincarnated into the Hero. The EDoT wasn't simply using the Hero's body.

That's what I was wanting to say but couldn't find a way to say it (late at night).
quote:

That's not canon.

In AQW, Drakath sought power and eventually stumbled onto a way to server MoM. That's all that happened.

That.. IS canon...

It's in the Chaos Finale flashback segment.
Drakath told us himself.

QoM also calls him son in the Chaos Realm.

@above and beyond

Artix would turn to the Dark Side
make it happen.
Post #: 54
12/17/2015 11:40:41   
Anvos

I personally think people put too much faith in using AQWs in reference to characters, especially in the realm beyond AQW's universe, as Wolfwing is a core example of how similar to the reset the smashing together of all 3 original timelines altered people places and things.

Also the world only ends in darkness if Seppy is completely controlled by doom/shadowscythe power and that universe is based on Seppy killing Alteon and not getting back his love, who is the reason he took up the Necrotic Blade of Doom in the first place.

As for the MQ thing that was brought up the reason I'm leaning away from MQ for plot purposes as well has to do with us already seeing how meh combining scifi and the fantasy setting worked out in WarpForce.

< Message edited by Anvos -- 12/17/2015 11:41:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
12/17/2015 12:26:41   
LyRein

@above

Since we're talking about AQW

Valen took up the Doomknight offer from a mysterious stranger when he was dying from the wounds that the Darkness Champion gave him.

He did not care about the sacrifices the stranger warned him about. When he donned the armour, his wounds healed and he gained power that rivaled the Champions.

Being one of the best heroes on Dragonia at the time combined with the power of the Doomknight armour, he destroyed the Champion in single-combat and brought back Lynaria safely.
Post #: 56
12/17/2015 14:17:38   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

And yet, people forget that Valen isn't Sepulchure. That the DoomKnight armor is the one that wears Valen, not the other way around. Sepulchure can't be free from the Shadowscythe because his very mind and body are under the control of a powerful Doom Spirit; if Sepulchure gets what he wants, it means he rules the world. You really think he'd be content with resurrecting a woman who would probably hate him by now?
DF AQW  Post #: 57
12/17/2015 14:44:43   
Anvos

Problem is if the armor was fully in control Seppy wouldn't have been able to fight along side the Dragon Lord Hero during the finale of DF's orb saga and that was the universe/timeline where the Mysterious Stranger was still the ShadowScythe Emperor/Overlord organism. Plus it seemed a lot more like the Necrotic Sword of Doom was the one influencing Valen/Seppy rather than the armor itself.

Also like it or not if were using LORE as the setting and characters from AQ/DF are returning, which all signs point to yes, we have to address how it relates to the other games and when we've barely seen any of the east outside the major cities/locations there is no reason to have to throw out the world as AQW had to do due to its jumble nature.

< Message edited by Anvos -- 12/17/2015 14:46:49 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
12/17/2015 14:45:57   
LyRein

He hasn't killed Gravelyn yet and was up to making love with Lynaria in the Dracolich Fortress (AQW)
He adopted Gravelyn in DF too.

I don't think he's completely evil.

Especially knowing his daughter is the Champion of Light but going to kill King Alteon instead so he has an excuse to not kill her.

I was not saying he'd resurrect anyone though.
I was just clearing up Anvos' AQW lore...

@above

AQW takes place on the same continent as DF

DF just explores the head.
AQW explores the rest.

Where are you getting your "throwing out Lore" facts from?

DF and AQ characters appear in AQW all the time and some even have their own story included.
MQ is rare however.

< Message edited by LyRein -- 12/17/2015 14:49:08 >
Post #: 59
12/17/2015 14:49:27   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

He is not completely obedient to the Shadowscythe, yes, but he IS evil, and he certainly wouldn't go "Oh, Lynaria is alive? Guess I'm going to start working charity. SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS! <3" He would still be Sepulchure, would still be a Doomknight and would still be bent on ruling the world.
DF AQW  Post #: 60
12/17/2015 14:52:15   
LyRein

@above

No-one is saying that...?

Evil is subjective though.

Alteon can be considered evil but if I told you how he would be defended by stuff like: HE HAD TO, BALANCE OF GOOD AND EVIL etc simply because the games portray him in a patriotic, light way.
Post #: 61
12/17/2015 14:56:06   
Rlogg

@above alteon not evil ,in df he basically allowed the rose to enslave magical beings
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 62
12/17/2015 15:03:23   
LyRein

@above

I agree he's done bad things, never said he was good or evil as that's not how royalty and power works.

He does not care about discipline of knights in AQ, Robina has daddy issues (real ones).
In DF he allows the rose freedom to enslave magical beings and place heavy restrictions in Swordhaven knowing the casualties that could follow, forcing Robina to go rogue and assume a new identity.
In AQW, he slayed the previous King infront of his son forcing the child to starve, struggle, fight in the wild and slums to live. He never bothered to make a democracy before dying, knowing he had three daughters, one son-in-law and one by-blood rightful king. When the eldest dies, her husband and Robina fight over the throne and Drakath destroys Swordhaven with no real King on the throne yet.

He still does many good things too however.
He is a gray character.
Post #: 63
12/17/2015 15:09:01   
Rlogg

@above So true aq3d really needs characters that are gray and not black or white maybe they could make the hero do stuff thats not really heroic for a change
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 64
12/17/2015 15:09:17   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@LyRein: I'm preeeety sure Alteon never appears in AQ.
DF AQW  Post #: 65
12/17/2015 15:14:22   
speedmeteor101

@Rlogg Well, if u look at real life history, one man's hero is another man's villain. Would make sense for wars... possibly with PvP... but with the story itself idk. I guess you could bring back good and evil and allow the hero to do some merciless things

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
12/17/2015 15:15:36   
LyRein

@David

Haven't played in ages but if not i'm pretty sure the Knights do.

@Rlogg

I want Artix to actually use his Darkness magic in battle.

Gravelyn has the potential to make Light-based Undead which Artix has to fight off.
Chuckles is theorized to be one as Gravelyn cannot make normal undead because she's the Light champion.
Chuckles was the only Undead she has made herself.

< Message edited by LyRein -- 12/17/2015 15:17:39 >
Post #: 67
12/17/2015 15:30:34   
Rezilia

quote:

He would still be Sepulchure, would still be a Doomknight and would still be bent on ruling the world.

If Valen/Sepulchure were in AQ3D, they could be one in the same without any corruption, might not even be a Doomknight but could simply use Doom as a tool if so, and might be a hero. We have no idea, because Valen isn't in AQ3D yet.

I want Valen to have a happy ending, possibly with Lynaria as his wife and Grave as his bio daughter.

Perhaps Alteon would be deemed a bad guy in AQ3D? Perhaps Robina is still his daughter but that's still a secret and she leads a rebellion against him?

I want Darkness to be seen as a heroic element, not a villainous one.

The problem with other games as that they're so focused on making Alteon look good that they try to make everyone opposing him look bad.

As Ly said, Alteon isn't as Good as people think. He's stuck up, was horrified at the idea of women fighting (aka his daughter), and constantly cares more about Order than about Good.

Not to mention how easily manipulable he is, which happened in DF and in MQ.
DF AQW  Post #: 68
12/17/2015 16:03:00   
Anvos

Seems like were starting to fall off a bit of a tangent here concerning AQ3D's plot, but I still contend that while their may similarities in the geography and some places the world of AQW is not merely the same world as DF/AQ and Darkovia alone should have showed this as the state its in when we first arrive feels like it doesn't belong to AQ or DF but a time far closer to when Lumanovia became Darkovia.

DF and AQ already show we don't need to change the world/universe of LORE to have new plots work with the reoccurring characters somewhat involved. However since the core town is still supposed to be Battleon events still need to take place in a way that the exodus from the west still is plausible to have happened yet different enough that it doesn't lead to the Devourer saga, a timeline where Seppy has a reason/opportunity to use the Ultimate Orb to destroy Erebus or the ShadowScythe Emperor and likewise a reason to abandon the ShadowScythe afterwards is merely one way of doing such. (plus forays to the west to deal with a ShadowScythe horde could be a good set up for high level content/dungeons)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 69
12/17/2015 16:04:57   
LyRein

@ckdragonck

I want Sepulchure to exist like Dumbledore did in the final Harry Potter books and films.
The only remaining thing from him is a broken helmet (like Darth Vader in new Star Wars).

I want the main villain to be from the Good side like Lionfang was but wants to establish a Rose-like order (in terms of enforcement and brutality, mixed in with some propaganda).

The main story could start off with a rebuilding Swordhaven and a dead Alteon.
There would be tents outside the city walls with each candidate for King in their own tent which would have a sigil.

E.G King Brentan's tent would be red coloured with a Golden Oaklore Tree sigil (the one on his armour).

Maybe even a masked/helmet wearing candidate who is later revealed to be Drakath, except this time actually uses his royal ruling, speech and swordsman skills to win the people' heart and wants to be King for real and not just a spoiled dictator... basically he grows up. He still retains his emotional personality though.

< Message edited by LyRein -- 12/17/2015 16:06:40 >
Post #: 70
12/17/2015 18:39:49   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

Plotholes won't really be acceptable in this game since we won't be getting weekly releases like in AQW and DF.

On the topic of Sepulchure, his story needs to be carried over from previous AE games. He is one of the most iconic characters in the AE universe.

I'm sure AQ3D will have a great story, as long as we don't see Drakath again. He needs to realize that the world will never be his and he's just some inferior worm. Also, Vaxen cannot be the main villain of this game because he has absolutely no backstory. We literally witnessed the moment he was born out of pure darkness. I think that the Mysterious Stranger should still keep his role as the ultimate villain like he was in the past, as long as he's properly introduced into the game. None of this "coming out of the same portal as another villain" nonsense.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
12/17/2015 19:01:28   
speedmeteor101

if u read a couple of other threads and staff messages you'll see that the fact that Vaxen has no backstory doesn't matter. It's a different game and he can get one here. As far as drakath, he may appear a little if he has a tiinny side-story, and mysterious stranger NEEDS to come back
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
12/17/2015 19:14:42   
LyRein

A lot of the hate for Drakath comes from the DF Drakath who was underdeveloped and was a spoiled brat.
In AQW he's actually quite well written.

I think he should come back.
Except this time he actually uses his speech, skill and royalty to gain followers.

Honestly if I was supposed to be given the throne and had the chance to be a good king but my father was murdered in front of me when I was 6 forcing me to leave the capital and live off waste or low pay for the rest of my life not having any support or figures to look up to except those who wanted to use and manipulate me and always failing to a dumb and lucky Hero that he used to look up to as a child I would be exactly like Drakath.

I want him to come back, fixed his past, wants a change and wants to help the people.
I'd also like him to make emotional, dangerous or risky decisions as that's his character.

I want his and Robina's relationship to develop too.

< Message edited by LyRein -- 12/17/2015 19:16:05 >
Post #: 73
12/17/2015 20:24:22   
speedmeteor101

That'd be pretty cool: if Drakath came back as a protagonist, instead of a bandit leader or chaos lord.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
12/18/2015 4:06:25   
Rezilia

quote:

and mysterious stranger NEEDS to come back

Mysterious Stranger + Mysterious Johnson hybrid?

Drakath x Robina, new royal couple ftw
DF AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: What will the plot be like?
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition