Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ3D= Design Notes January 1st, 2016 - Kickstarter Complete, Happy New Year!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= Design Notes January 1st, 2016 - Kickstarter Complete, Happy New Year!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/1/2016 14:02:08   
Azan

quote:

Cysero
200% Sock

200% FUNDED! Congratulations!
Cysero | Friday, January 1, 2016

All Hail the Backer/Founders of AdventureQuest 3D!

You did it! You really did it! AdventureQuest 3D is happening!

What an incredible way to start our New Year of adventure together. Including Kickstarter ($368,503) and Paypal ($34,265), our final total is a colossal $402,768. ALSO, you have gotten AdventureQuest 3D greenlit on Steam and unlocked ALL of the posted Stretch Goals! Absolutely amazing! Way to go everyone!

Thank you!

On behalf of the entire Artix Entertainment team, thank you. This is all because of you and our amazing community. As a direct result of successful support on this campaign, we will now be able to finish building and deliver AdventureQuest 3D. Thank you for seeing the potential of this project. Most of all, thank you for giving us the opportunity to build this amazing cross-platform, massively multiplayer game for you. As a Backer/Founder, we invite you to join us as we build it!

In Development now...

It is the 1st day of 2016. There is little time for celebration, we have a lot of game-making to do!

AdventureQuest 3D is not complete yet. As you know, the goal of this Kickstarter was to raise funds so that we could pay for the servers, bandwidth, team, software and other costs to finish AdventureQuest 3D over the next 6 months. The official Kickstarter page has an estimated delivery date of July, but we are over-achievers and will move things along as fast as possible for you. For example, if you got early access, then you will be able to join us in the Pre-Beta which is starting this month! By funding this project you empowered us to build the following:

FEATURES

- Cross-Platform (PC/Mac/Android/Apple iOS… more to come)

- Persistent Online World

- Real-Time Combat

- PvP Arena - Player vs Player

- Chat & Emotes

- Multi-Class System

- Weapon & Item Fusion

- Crafting Solo

- 2-player and Large group sized adventures

- Summon / Teleport to Friends

- “Sidekick” your friends to your level

- Self-Cleaning game to free up space on your mobile device

- Evolving World & Storyline through regular updates (It’s kinda our thing)

We are going to be on STEAM!

"You got us on Steam!!!"

Steam is the #1 PC & Mac video game content delivery system in the world. When we asked you and the community to help Greenlight us on Steam, we never imagined we would quickly become the #4 game out of the thousands of games submitted there! We were approved within an hour of reaching our base Kickstarter goal. It was one of the most exciting moments of our game making careers. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A GAME ON STEAM! Since then, we already have a dev-only version of AdventureQuest 3D running on it with full Steam feature support-- including Steam voice chat, friends, and the ability to use Steam achievements. Keep watch on the www.AQ3D.com website for news when you will be able to use your Early Access to get in on this!

All STRETCH GOALS Unlocked!

You and the community exceeded our funding goal, and unlocked stretch goals adding even MORE features to the game’s deliverable list! Of course, some stretch goal features might take a bit longer than July to get built into the game.

- Backer Starting Potions Doubled

- Twilly & Zorbak (and other Moglin) NPCs to be in game

- Daily Login Rewards

- Exploration Achievements

- Daily Boss Dungeons Pets

- Interactive World Effects! (Traps, Environmental Effects, Special Boss Fights.)

- Credits listing all of the Backer’s (Thank you!)

BONUS! Also, you unlocked the stealth Stretch Goal “Player Voted Emotes.” Head on over to the official post to suggest emotes. We will be put all of the best ones in a large list that the community will vote on. We are all excited (and somewhat terrified) to see what you choose!

Long term Development Wishlist…

We are in the development of AdventureQuest 3D for the long haul. Sure, there is a lot on our immediate to-do list, but we have been brainstorming about the future with you too.

- Item Trade / Auction House

- Player Owned Houses

- Mounts

- and a lot more…

REWARDS! ...and how you will get them.

We know a lot of you have never backed a Kickstarter before, so I would like to explain what happens to your pledge and how we manage the 4,900+ Backer accounts.

KICKSTARTER

- Kickstarter begins collecting payment

Starting today, Kickstarter will begin charging your pledge on your credit card. But it may take a FEW WEEKS for them to process all 4K+ backers. If there is a problem charging your account, you will receive an email and have a couple weeks to work it out.

- How to get your rewards

NEXT WEEK (Jan 4-8, 2016) we will email you a survey through Kickstarter to get your info so you can start receiving your rewards as we create them.

- Custom Weapons, NPCs, Adventure Designers

If you pledged at the Create a Custom Weapon or above tier, there will be additional questions in the survey about how you would like us to contact you.

- Pre-Register your AdventureQuest 3D Account

If you do not already have an AdventureQuest 3D account, please pre-register atwww.AQ3D.com

- Need Help?

If you are having any problems with your AdventureQuest 3D account, please go towww.AQ3D.com/Help

- Behind the scenes

I know some people like to know technically what is going on behind the scenes. Kickstarter gives us a list of backers who completed their forms and payment. Then we use that list to update the AdventureQuest 3D database to give your account the badges. The badges indicate which rewards you will get. As you probably guessed, we have to manually run that update which is why this does not happen instantly. We will do it frequently. If we run into any problems with your account, we will contact you and help fix it!

KICKSTARTER EXTENSION (Paypal / Artix Points / Xsolla)

If you backed us through the Kickstarter Extension on http://Account.AQ3D.com, then your payment has already been processed.

Rewards will be delivered at the same time the people who pledged on Kickstarter.

Cross-Game Rewards & Credits

To keep things simple, you will be able to manage your cross-game rewards from thewww.AQ3D.com website after everything above is done.
You will also be able to choose how you would like your name to appear in the credits from the www.AQ3D.com website after everything above is done.

HERE WE GO!!

I will let you when we start emailing out the form/survey next week by posting here, on the game's website, Facebook, Twitter... and, well, pretty much everywhere! And even if you somehow miss it, do not worry -- we will make sure you get setup! You backed us, and we will always have your back too. Meanwhile, we are finishing the new characters pages. The Character pages will display all of your badges and upcoming classes so you will immediately be able to see your coming rewards. Also, we are getting the Pre-Beta ready so you can start using that Early Access. That is, if you are brave enough to play a REALLY early version of the game while we continue build it for you. Keep an eye on the official www.AQ3D.com website. I will be posting news for you there extremely frequently.

Second Chance Founder/Guardian

Some people only find out about the Kickstarter AFTER it is already over. It is no longer possible to get the Kickstarter-only exclusives. Those perks are now officially perma-rare. But it is still possible to become a Founder, get Guardian and qualify for Early Access at http://Account.AQ3D.com

A reward for all players of AQWorlds, DragonFable and the original AdventureQuest too!

It took everyone to spread the word and make this happen. For getting over 6,000 shares and retweets of the launch posts on Twitter, Dage designed an INSANE new sword for the three games that inspired this one. It will become available later this month in AQWorlds, DragonFable and the original AdventureQuest (Probably at the same time Pre-Beta starts) for all players and it will be upgradable to it's incredible final form. Way to go guys!

Congratulations & Thank you again!

As I write this with a heart full of gratitude, it is the first morning of 2016. Backers and Founders of AdventureQuest 3D-- there are not enough ways to say thank you for all that you have done for this new game and the future of our game studio. We are going to have to invent a brand-new way of saying thank you just for you guys, but until then, please allow us say, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you for sharing our vision. Thank you for being a part of this. The team and I are looking forward to questing beside you from our phones, tablets, PC or Mac in AdventureQuest 3D!

2016 is going to be our video game community's greatest year ever. Now... it is time to get to work! Our New Year's resolution is the singular goal of making the greatest, cross-platform, MMORPG in the world for you. Please join us in every step of this exciting journey together.

Battle On!

“AND NOW OUR WORK BEGINS”

Our Dev Team’s Oath of the Black Watch (Game of Thrones parody by Alina)

We shall take no sleep, enjoy no vacations, slay no windows. We shall wear no crowns and seek no other glory. We shall rise and fall at our monitors.
We are the guardians of the new world.

We are the designers of dreams.
We are the artists that capture the light.
The coders that evolve the matrix.
The writers that craft the legends
The animators that call forth life.

We pledge our lives and honor to creating AdventureQuest 3D for the the upcoming beta release and for all the releases to come!

This image was originally posted when things on the Kickstarter had slowed down and many people thought we would never reach the goal. Thank you for believing in AdventureQuest 3D.

QUESTS

- Pre-Register at www.AQ3D.com

- Follow AdventureQuest 3D on Facebook

- Follow Artix Krieger on Twitter

- Help others with the information you learned here.

- Do everything in your power to encourage, guide, and support the team as we take AdventureQuest 3D to completion!

BATTLE ON!

Next week we will email all backers of this project a form/survey through Kickstarter. This is how we will get your info and start delivering the rewards to you as we created them.

Congratulations to everyone who backed! Can't wait to see the fully completed game.

Tagged. ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 1/1/2016 16:13:26 >
Post #: 1
1/1/2016 14:15:21   
teravor

I gotta say, that we managed to meet all the goals is kind of incredibly impressive.

I will be looking forward to my email.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/1/2016 15:26:48   
Lord Noonien Soong

Wow. AE managed to make $2200 more dollars than they had hoped for. Like Teravor said, quite the impressive feat!

I definitely can't wait for the years to come playing this game, I'm just really holding out on hopes it doesn't become another AQW.

Thank you for your great games and a happy new years AE!
DF  Post #: 3
1/1/2016 16:20:04   
Anvos

Bravo, and since Xsolla took my money I'm gonna guess everything went alright with my backering.

Largely I have tried to find that AE feel in other mmorpgs and hopefully this should now be it.

I must also say its quite impressive we manage to reach double the basic funding AE wanted.

< Message edited by Anvos -- 1/1/2016 16:23:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
1/2/2016 9:04:01   
RKC

400k for a game that all my friends still saying to me that sucks. Take that all of my friends.

I happy that I backed this game
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 5
1/2/2016 11:15:05   
LyRein

Hi, i'm Lyrein and today I will be your TV translator!

Alina's parody of the Night's Watch oath is an oath from the book series A Song Of Ice And Fire and TV series Game of Thrones.

Here is the translation;
quote:

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

on topic;

please don't waste the kickstarter money to make rarity a thing (unless seasonal or special)
i've noticed a lot of people asking about rares on AQ3D lately :/

also i think story releases should be the first priority because 3D releases take months to create and you want a good story to keep players interested
Post #: 6
1/2/2016 18:38:07   
overdead

I bet my bottom dollar that this game will be infested with rares, unfortunately. It has always been their game philosophy.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/2/2016 19:28:46   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

Eh, I get to be in the credits for something big. One of my dreams has finally come true, lol. Anyways, let's talk about the elephant in the room: the special sword that Dage designed.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
1/2/2016 19:30:14   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@overdead: Not really, apart from AQW. Sure, other games like DF and AQ have their share of rare items, but apart from a few of them, the best and coolest items are always available in game or are, at worst, seasonal.
DF AQW  Post #: 9
1/2/2016 19:54:27   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Rares aren't bad in and of themselves, they can make for good holiday content(seasonal or otherwise). Hopeful the game steers more toward perm content however as far as releases go which makes more sense give the likely size of new additions. Smaller holiday events would likely be best, gather items, kill monsters etc. to make a new items rather than dedicated locations.

That said with item fusion the stage is set for rare premium content(both items & skins) & mass trade inflation if fused items can be traded. Lets just stay way from (rare) "gachapon" functions if at all possible(thou they make good money).

edit: I wonder if items will drop with random attributes at some point. At least then there can be some variance in items.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 1/2/2016 20:20:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/2/2016 20:11:38   
Anvos

Personally I have no problem with rares, though I also believe that just because something is rare doesn't mean a very similar version can't be released in its place, just slightly different and maybe something akin to a mastercraft difference in power.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
1/2/2016 21:38:18   
unknownaka

It needs better UI graphics in my opinion, the Health bars are scarily bland and so are the charge bars.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
1/2/2016 22:59:44   
speedmeteor101

@above

I think that goes in the feedback thread. Idk where that came from as it had nothing to do with the conversation above. Whatever I guess it don't matter anyways :P but UI updates are apparently on the way

@anvos

I think you're right, except I feel that, with rares, there has to be a large distinguishable feature from all other items besides looks. I think with the shadow-wolf transformation, though, the idea would be that there would never be the ability to transform into a shadow-wolf again. And if you think about it, the Starter pack was worth $10, Guardian was $15 [since it was at the $25 lvl], founder package was at $50 was worth $25, $60 alpha pirate worth $10 and the $120 was worth 60. So the way I see it, they could offer similar (not shadow-wolf) transformations in the future priced at or above $60 without offending or ripping off other players/backers, if you look at the pricing levels everything came at in the kickstarter. because

5000-2500= $2500 (which was Create Adventure),
2500-500= $2000 (Create NPC),
500-120= $380 (create weapon),
120-60= $60 (shadow-wolf),
60-50= $10 (alpha-pirate),
50-25= $25 (founder sword/pack),
25-10= $15 (Guardian),
$10 (Backer Starter-Pack).

Sooo what I actually got from that is that AQ3D Guardianship is actually $15!!! (or was for the kickstarter) so they could bring it up to $25 for a fair guardianship in aq3d! ;D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/2/2016 23:30:48   
Anvos

Was more referring to general rares. Kickstarter/Founder stuff I consider more akin to buying something with "insert secondary currency here" items.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
1/3/2016 2:37:22   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Congratulations on a good and well completed Kickstarter, AE. Well earned, indeed. :)

@LyRein: Rare items provide good incentives to play. It may be frustrating to miss them when they come, but they are financially good ideas. So long as the combat ability of the players is not impeded -- that is to say, the very best, most powerful items aren't rare, or are at least balanced with other rares in the future -- I am fine with the concept.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/3/2016 6:50:37   
overdead

I do understand that whale players are completely fine with (and even supportive of) rares which even don't have any value except aesthetics. It's the reason I stopped playing aqw.

I'm not saying AE should change it since it clearly nets them more income especially with their market composed of mostly (I assume) children.

I wish they would stick to the dictionary definition of rare as in hard to find instead of "hard to find players who have these items because methods of acquiring had been removes from the game." But from the looks of it, beta hasn't started and yet the first premium items are "rares" (which is fine since it is meant to symbolize something commemorative) but still, we know where this is heading.

P.S. and I'm not pointing out the special skins for guardian armor or starting classes since they are just aesthetics. I'm talking about Alpha Pirate Class. And to some extent, the wolf which has a speed effect (which can provide battle advantage or other future functional advantage? Idk). Too early to tell which path this game is heading but that's what this forum is for anyway, to discuss the possibilities.

Last note, I'm not saying "rares are evil". Only that the way aqw vomits them out on a weekly basis that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

< Message edited by overdead -- 1/3/2016 6:58:49 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/3/2016 8:49:17   
afterlifex
Legend-X

Alpha pirate is likely just a reskin as well, no reason pirate won't show up.

All & all it will likely be a bit harder to throw out one off items, it's going to be a bit more time intensive to make the art etc.. At least when it comes to classes, items can probably be pumped out fairly regularly with mix & match copy & paste as well once the base is done even for classes it's just a matter of reskining them. At the very least it makes little sense for classes to not see variants rather than being rare single time items given the work that would be involved.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 1/3/2016 8:57:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/3/2016 8:55:19   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

We should also keep in mind this game won't have weekly updates, so AQW's trend of new rares every week isn't possible. At best, AQ3D could have monthly updates, and that's a stretch. Every two months might be more likely, with maybe some smaller updates (a few quests in old areas, minigames, seasonal events, etc.) between an "expansion" and the other.
DF AQW  Post #: 18
1/3/2016 8:55:32   
LyRein

@Faerdin

by rares i mean what AQW has become.

rares in aqw are no longer an extra-cool item gained by quest/raid/shop/drop every few months, now they are just shop items and can be bought, every week there are rares making them just a tag to brag about.

@above

they can still release a 3d armour tagged rare before an update, perhaps when the game gets more volunteers to code they'll release rares every months + on release date.

< Message edited by LyRein -- 1/3/2016 8:59:27 >
Post #: 19
1/3/2016 23:28:05   
overdead

@afterlifex & David: point well taken. You're probably right, it will likely take a month on average before each update. I wish they'd reveal (or speak up about) their business model soon. Aqw really threw them in a bad light for me (the way rares are increasingly released which extracts money from patrons on a weekly basis).

Regarding frequency of releases of reskins, I wouldn't underestimate their capability on doing it regularly. The way I see it, it's the difference between your brother asking you to draw a car for his homework and you outrightly refusing, and your boss telling you to draw a car model for $100 and you asking "how many variations do you want?"

I am excited to see the development still. This is a huge feat for an indie company and I wish them the best.

< Message edited by overdead -- 1/3/2016 23:34:05 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/5/2016 21:04:03   
Fallen Crest

quote:

Hiya guys! Just wanted to give you an update. We have been making great progress since the Kickstarter ended last Friday. Be sure to go to the official website at www.AQ3D.com and cast your suggestions for the "Player Votes Emotes" which was a stealth stretch goal that you unlocked. Also, Cysero posted a really nice video of our current Steam test build of the game with much higher resolution graphics.

We are helping players with payment issues and then we will be sending out the form to get your info so we can set your account up to start receiving rewards. Pre-Beta is scheduled to begin AFTER we get the bulk of everyone's accounts set up. So keep your eye on the official website. Battle on!

Just an update from Artix via the comments on the AQ3D Kickstarter page. Felt weird posting it in the most recent DNS because its about emotes so I just posted it here.

AQW  Post #: 21
1/6/2016 12:33:42   
BurningFlames

I may have missed out on the kickstarter for reasons. Is there anyway I could still buy the $10 package for some basic rewards :( ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/6/2016 15:25:14   
Anvos

Some of the things that weren't a kickstarter/extension exclusive will be back eventually from what we've been told.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
1/6/2016 15:48:56   
  DragonUltraMaster
I am Moglin!

Hm, noitced a typo:
quote:

All STRETCH GOALS Unlocked!

You and the community exceeded our funding goal, and unlocked stretch goals adding even MORE features to the game’s deliverable list! Of course, some stretch goal features might take a bit longer than July to get built into the game.

- Backer Starting Potions Doubled

- Twilly & Zorbak (and other Moglin) NPCs to be in game

What do you mean "And other moglin" ? I sure hope they meant Moglins xD
OR they obviously meant me ;) XD I can haz NPC? :3
*No, I didn't sponser with $500. Just pointing it out now so confusion won't happen.*

//D.U.M
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> =AQ3D= Design Notes January 1st, 2016 - Kickstarter Complete, Happy New Year!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition