Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Gouda-Grotto, The

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Gouda-Grotto, The
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/15/2016 19:50:15   
Occavatra

The Gouda-Grotto

Location: Falconreach Inn (Books 1 and 2) -> San Robin and Roblos -> The Cave
Level/Quest/Items required: None
Release Date: July 15th, 2016

Objective: Help San Robin take care of the group of Vurrmen.
Objective completed: Thats one pest problem taken care of, but now more questions about San Robin remain.

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(2) Cave Chomper
(2) Tog
(4) Vurrman Hoarder
(1) The Big Cheese, (1) Ratigon, (1) Vidget - Boss

NPCs
San Robin
The Big Cheese

Rewards
Old Coin
Old Picture (All Versions)

Dialogue
San Robin: Oh, I was waiting for you, come in!

• The gouda-grotto!
  • Back

San Robin: <Character>, What are you doing here? I thought my cheese of the month was arriving.
    <Character>: That does explain why you looked so happy, but I have some questions about last time.
    San Robin: Really? Ask away!
    <Character>: At first I was really curious about why you keep your... magic problem, a secret-
    <Character>: -but I promised not to ask any further so I have other questions.
    <Character>: First off: You lied to me, it DID have something to do with cheese!
    San Robin: Well "lied" is a big word, I prefer to call it "bending the truth a little".
    <Character>: Sure. Second question: Who were those Vurrmen and WHY did they carry around cheese blades?
    San Robin: Vurrmen? It can't be!
    <Character>: Well, they're not that uncommon in ruins and such, but the cheese blades were new to me.
    San Robin: They returned...
    <Character>: Who's "they"?
    San Robin: It's a long story.
    <Character>: I have the time.
    San Robin: *sigh* Alright then... Years ago I needed some help gathering artifacts for enchantments and joined a...
    San Robin: ... treasure hunting clan who described themselves as "Cheese loving treasure hunters".
    <Character>: No wonder you joined them!
    San Robin: Exactly! Imagine my surprise when I found out they were mainly Vurrmen! I couldn't brie-lieve it!
    San Robin: After the first shock I still decided to join them, they were surprisingly intelligent and knew their way around ruins.
    San Robin: The first few months were great, we explored a lot of temples and found all sorts of strong artifacts.
    San Robin: I even designed those cheese blades they're wielding now.
    <Character>: But?
    San Robin: But then they decided to not just explore abandoned temples... inhabited temples were next on their list.
    <Character>: Greedy rats!
    San Robin: I couldn't let that happen, I HATE bandits and pillagers.
    <Character>: You stopped them? All by yourself?
    San Robin: In a way.
    <Character>: How?
    San Robin: I took their weapons and collapsed the entrance to the cave they made their home.
    <Character>: But I saw them wielding cheese blades.
    San Robin: They must've tried to re-make the design or perhaps they found some prototypes.
    <Character>: That explains why they looked so different from the ones you're selling.
    San Robin: But the fact that they're back disturbs me... say, could you-
    <Character>: -Go to the cave and beat some sense into them?
    San Robin: Not exactly what I was going to say, but it works.
    <Character>: Lead the way!

*You and San Robin arrive at the site of the cave exterior.*

San Robin: They cleared the entrance, this isn't good at all!
    <Character>: Don't worry, I'll take care of this!
    San Robin: Watch out for the boss though! "The big cheese" is a crafty creature.
    <Character>: I won't be fooled that easily!
    San Robin: I know you won't. Good luck, I know you will mascarpown them.

*You enter the cave and battle the nasty Vurrmen that block your path around the candle-lit tunnels. You arrive in some kind of living quarters where you meet The Big Cheese a second time.*

The Big Cheese: You again! I was wondering what all the ruckus was about!
    <Character>: I'm here to stop you!
    The Big Cheese: Stop me? Stop me from what? As far as I know exploring temples isn't illegal!
    <Character>: It is if they're still in use!
    The Big Cheese: In use- how do you? This smells like San Robin!
    <Character>: He told me all about you and your plans!
    The Big Cheese: Did he now? Did he also tell you he ran off with all our treasure?
    <Character>: No. But I know him and I know he won't do stuff like that!
    The Big Cheese: Really? So I assume he told you all about his past?
    <Character>: Well, no, but-
    The Big Cheese: Or his magic problem.
    <Character>: Yeah he did!
    The Big Cheese: Let me guess, he "didn't want to talk about it"?
    <Character>: ...
    The Big Cheese: That's what I thought! I don't think you know him as well as you thought you did.
    <Character>: He may not have told me everything, but I know he's not a bad guy!
    The Big Cheese: There's no way to convince you, is there?
    <Character>: The only way to convince me is if you swear to stop pillaging temples!
    The Big Cheese: Or... I could beat you up and keep doing what I'm doing.
    <Character>: You couldn't beat me last time, what makes you think you can do it this time?
    The Big Cheese: This time I'm not alone. Ratigon, Vidget! To me! Let's show this hero who's boss!

• Battle!
  • Extreme Battle!
  • Heal
  • Run Away!

*A cheesy fight between you and The Big Cheese's trio of Vurrmen breaks out immediately. Achieving victory in the boss fight completes the quest.*

< Message edited by Peachii -- 3/4/2017 21:44:58 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Gouda-Grotto, The
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition