Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2016 13:17:58   
ShadowMoon

who knows, she might have sneaked out to get a late night snack. it just doesn't fit that well that that was lynaria.

theres also that adoption thing, that was most likely just referring to artix getting adopted by his now undead parents.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 151
11/10/2016 18:42:12   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

nah, I don't think the adoption thing refers to Artix. I'm not sure if Artix even existed at that point, since he's only mentioned a couple of pages later in the book.
AQW  Post #: 152
11/10/2016 22:16:03   
XeNON_54

What if Gravelyn IS Lynaria?
Post #: 153
11/10/2016 22:23:13   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

So Lynaria age-regressed into Gravelyn after Sepulchure tried to kill her? Huh?!

Well, they do have the same eye color and hair color. So I guess it could work.

Maybe Gravlyenaria should go and claim the Swordhaven throne, because why not?
AQW  Post #: 154
11/10/2016 22:26:59   
Veya

@XeNON

quote:

Gravelyn: "Victoria, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to Lore."
Victoria: "I'll never join you!"
G: "If you only knew the power of The ShadowScythe! Alteon never told you what happened to your mother."
V: "He told me enough! He told me Sepulchure killed her!"
G: "No. I am your mother."
V: "No...no... that's not true! That's impossible!"
G: "Search your feelings. You know it to be true."
V: "NOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOooooooooo!"

I had no choice on the subject, the reference had to be made, in full.
AQW  Post #: 155
11/10/2016 23:08:15   
LouisCyphere

Huh, a reference from Star Wars. But, I'm pretty sure that has no bearing on the theory that Gravely is Lynaria.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 156
11/10/2016 23:28:58   
XeNON_54

The only thing that gives credibility to my nonsense is that both Gravelyn and Lynaria are Champions of Light and as far as I understand it the title of "Champion" is NOT passed on from parent to child.
Post #: 157
11/10/2016 23:36:11   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

Obviously, after the Doomknight Armor forced Seppy to strike Lynaria down, she de-aged into a child, and Sepulchure decided to raise her as his daughter, because that's not creepy at all. Also, he changed her name to "Gravelyn" because he like death puns. At the end of the Infernal Invasion Saga, Gravelynaria will reveal her true identity, take over the Swordhaven Throne, and UNITE ALL OF LORE AND KICK THAT MONSTER LADY BACK TO THE CHAOS REALM WHERE SHE BELONGS! Then a new age of peace and prosperity will begin. Until the hero kills themselves accidently by falling off a cliff and making a new timeline.
AQW  Post #: 158
11/11/2016 12:34:30   
PhoenixMagnum

quote:

Until the hero kills themselves accidently by falling off a cliff and making a new timeline.

Again.

Uh, again again.
AQW  Post #: 159
11/12/2016 9:52:18   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

So does the new storyline direction refer to the Inuyasha-like hunt across lore for shards of the sacred Sepulchure jewel?
That's better than 13 Lords of Chaos: the sequel... I guess...?

Wonder what this means for any planned designs that were scrapped for the new story.
DF AQW  Post #: 160
11/12/2016 10:07:47   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

Well, I suppose the Titan are now gone, since they were too Chaos Lord-y like. But it's not like AQW can just pretend that they never existed. Who knows, maybe one of them will be on the hero's side?

I wonder if there's some kind of magical device that can be built that automatically attracts shards of Sepulchure's soul to it, so the hero doesn't have to go running around Lore looking for them. Probably not, though. Then the devs would have to think of something else to give the player to do.

Are we going to get an updated map eventually? Like with Lore all destroyed by the Queen of Monsters, and Embersea and Northepointe are actually islands on the map?
AQW  Post #: 161
11/12/2016 10:54:59   
LouisCyphere

I really don't like us having the shards. I think it might be too predictable again.
How many shards are we talking about?
Would the shard be used in some villain's plan?
Would the shard be actually be hidden in plain sight?
Would the shard merge with another great monster ala Sepulchuroth (Seppy-Akriloth merge)?
These shards would probably just show up in the most convenient of times.
They're adding more and more elements to the story that might over complicate the story (given how the story is already all over the place).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 162
11/14/2016 0:12:45   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

I've got a great okay idea: What if Gravelyn is Lynaria's reincarnation? That way, both of them can be the Champion of Light.
AQW  Post #: 163
11/14/2016 2:27:07   
Veya

Doesn't work, Lynaria is Gravelyn's mother, in other words, she had to be alive for Gravelyn to be born, and while it is possible for people to die of childbirth, Gravelyn existed for nine months prior as a fetus, so her soul was probably already in place for a while.
AQW  Post #: 164
11/14/2016 2:46:55   
LurkBlackSmith

Hmm....in one idea, I'll guess Lynaria is connected to the loremasters' tower.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 11/14/2016 2:51:56 >
DF  Post #: 165
11/14/2016 3:15:03   
Aura Knight

I had this strange theory about how Lynaria passed her champion of light powers to Gravelyn because of a possible death due to childbirth. If I recall right, Vordred said that he needed to kill the previous champion to take their title.

If AQW were willing to consider such a scenario, a death due to childbirth would in a sense make the child the killer, and as such they'd replace the champion, which in this case happened to be the mother. But if Gravelyn was already born prior to the death of Lynaria, it makes no sense.

However, keeping that same thing in mind, wouldn't it mean Sepulchure was the champion of light? I mean, he did kill Lynaria, while under the control of the armor.

There's probably something I am not understanding right since I tend to skim through most dialogue, so if I did make an error, by all means, correct me.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 166
11/14/2016 3:28:00   
LouisCyphere

Well, back in one of the Frostval events, The Champion of Ice (Abel?) was killed by that Ice wizard general guy (forgot his name, starts with a K).
But the powers weren't passed on to the killer.

If anything, The Elemental Lords or the Avatars might have to "appoint" a new champion in case the previous one was killed. Probably in a similar case where Drakath was named Champion of Chaos by QoM (disregarding the fact that Chaos is not one of the "traditional" elements)
But this is just speculation.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
11/14/2016 15:51:43   
ShadowMoon

quote:

The only thing that gives credibility to my nonsense is that both Gravelyn and Lynaria are Champions of Light and as far as I understand it the title of "Champion" is NOT passed on from parent to child.

she just cast a very powerful light spell that some undead guy claimed could only have come from the champion of light which has about as much credibility as all those comments across the internet that stated that trump would never become president. (now i'm just waiting for a Yungoose, trump, trump carp, yu-gi-oh meme parody to make its way into aqw)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 168
11/15/2016 2:23:04   
LurkBlackSmith

So after the Infernal Swordhaven invasion,finally a loremaster coming out from the Celestial Realm to help out going stay in Swordhaven or not possible.
DF  Post #: 169
2/18/2017 18:49:27   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

I hope this doesn't count as thread necromancy, because I sold my necromancer class... (if it does, you can delete my post)

So I went to the /darkdungeon map to try to find the dark scroll (it wasn't there, sadly), and I realized something: one, apparently I had never completed the map, and two, what happened that egg that we rescued?

The hero is the 13th Lord of Chaos. The Eternal Dragon of Time is the 13th Chaos Beast. The hero is the Eternal Dragon of Time. So the hero is the 13th Lord of Chaos and the 13th Chaos Beast. However, in /darkdungeon, the player character rescues an gold and white egg from a cocktrice, and that egg supposedly contains the the 13th Beast of Order. However, there's already another egg that balances out the player in the mirror realm- the celestial dragon egg (that looks like a SPACE egg) that was found in Brightfall. If the space egg is the mirror version of the hero, then what is the gold egg?

I guess this could be because of multiple reasons:
One: The golden egg contains the 13th Order Beast and is completely unrelated to the hero. The 13th Beast of Order is not a mirror version of the Eternal Dragon of Time.
Two: The golden egg does not contain the 13th Order Beast and the mirror realm Loremasters were all mistaken.
Three: The golden egg contains the 13th Order Beast and balances out the hero. The space egg is something else and Mirror Drakath was lying to the hero all along.
Four: The golden does not contain the 13th Order Beast but somehow balances out the hero. The space egg contains the 13th Order Beast instead.
Five: The golden egg and the space egg are one and the same, and they're in two different places because of magic!
Six: Both eggs are equally unimportant and the real mirror version of the hero farms chickens for a living.
Seven: The developers forgot about the egg when they wrote the finale for the 13 Lords of Chaos saga.
Eight: There is no mirror realm and everyone there is just the normal versions of the NPCs in Lore, and are pranking the hero, because why not?
AQW  Post #: 170
3/5/2017 11:04:38   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

@above

I think it's implied that the gold and white egg is no longer relevant to the plot, possibly even the celestial egg.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 171
3/6/2017 3:32:50   
HoodedPoop

And here I just realised. Gravelyn... Grave, Lynaria.

"Your signature has been munched.
Referral links are not allowed."
I cri
AQW  Post #: 172
4/1/2017 15:31:29   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

I just went back and rewatched the beginning of the 13 Lords of Chaos saga. You know, the part where Sepulchure gets his soul ripped out and stuff. Anyway, Drakath tells King Alteon and the hero that he'll save them for last. King Alteon and our hero were the 12th and 13th Lords of Chaos. Was this planned, or just a coincidence?
AQW  Post #: 173
4/1/2017 16:50:22   
skull1218

can someone explain the queen of monsters story and what we know so far? skipped all the quest texts and cutscenes
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 174
4/1/2017 17:11:32   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

quote:

Was this planned, or just a coincidence?

I'm pretty sure that the hero was always supposed to be 13th, but Alteon being 12th in the context of that claim seems like it was back-justified.
DF AQW  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Storyline Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition