Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Battle Mechanics: New Boss Attack and Evasion Commands

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Battle Mechanics: New Boss Attack and Evasion Commands
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/5/2016 11:07:39   
Aizenhart1

Currently the AQ3D Battle Mechanics is very simple (Point, Click, Attack) and also very common for MMORPGs. This thread is about suggesting a new way for a Boss to attack and a way to dodge them with every class.

FIRST OF ALL: This mechanic is only applicable if AQ3D would follow the same class template as AQW. As we all know AQW has 3 class templates which are Warrior, Mage, and Thief, then different classes follows these templates on based on how they gain mana. If AQ3D in the future follows this it will be quite interesting to see the new battle mechanics in this thread.

NEW BOSS ATTACKs: This battle mechanic highlight the AQ3D boss "SLIME LORD", because of SLIME LORD's ability SLIME ENGULF which deals large damage to the area. Instead of just a large damage in the area I would like to suggest that this bosses should cast more skill and deal different damage areas indicated by red circles or linear attacks indicated by large red lines maybe even multi directional. This way we could get players moving and evading it which makes it more exciting. This attacks can be evaded by simply walk away from it or using EVASION COMMANDS.

EVASION COMMANDS: As i said above if AQ3D would follow that template we would have 3 general classes in AQ3D with 3 different evasion methods. To prevent players from abusing it, this commands have a cool-down of about maybe 5 sec (or longer). So basically every 5 Sec a player gets a stack depending on the class.

Rogue: Instead of just standing in front of the boss dealing damage, the rogues will have an evading command that will allow him to dodge the NEW BOSS ATTACK which is called "EVASIVE ROLL". What it does is it enables you to roll left or right whichever button you pressed (Suggestion: PC-double Pressing A or D , Mobile- Left and Right Arrow button above directional). As rogue which requires you to be fast and nimble, every 5 sec you get 2 stacks of Evasive Roll which allows you to be more agile since rogues are melee fighters and it gives them more survivability since they are squishy.

Mages: As for Mage class which deal they're damage from afar, they have an option to get more range when a melee fighter comes close which is called "FLASH BACK". What it does is it lets a Mage class teleport back a short distance to evade an attack. As a Mage which isn't quite fast but rather uses spells to get away, every cool-down they get 1 stack, since they're not really evasive and all. For the buttons I suggest Pressing S key twice for PC users and a single button above the directional buttons for mobile users.

Warriors: Warrior class are basically the tanks in game taking all the damage and punishment so that they're party members are safe from the hands of death. For the command, instead of a dodge or a back step, Warriors should stand their ground and survive the attack, and the "DEFEND" commands helps them do it. This command enables a warrior to cross his arms, creating a barrier in front of him which reduces the damage dealt by monsters by 100%. Here's the fun part, while warriors use the defend command, they cannot move or attack for the duration of maybe 2 sec(just long enough to defend that nasty boss attack but short enough to prevent players from spamming it), which means you have to time your attack to the boss to block it successfully. Every cool down gives the warrior 1 stack of evasive command. As for the button of activation i suggest Shift for PC users and a shield button above the directional key for mobile users.

I hope this thread would be seen and considered by the AE Team. I know it is a lot of work but this would probably give the players a better AQ3D experience. On my next thread I would probably suggest a stat and skill explanation that would support this new AQ3D mechanics.

< Message edited by Aizenhart1 -- 8/5/2016 11:32:07 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
8/5/2016 17:20:18   
*Nova*

Back when the Arcangrove plot in AQW was the new thing, the Chaos Lord battle against Ledgermayne was an exciting yet cramming experience for me. The main issue being that the boss' mechanic/attack didn't feel right for a 2D game. If they add some sort of attack or mechanic that could possibly avoided by awareness then I think THAT would make AQ3D a more enjoyable experience and improve on its '3D' aspect. They can use the Ledgermayue as a starter and test it out first to get an idea of how it'll work. I would simply love an Ledgermayue-styled battle in AQ3D. Of course, the current control and mobility of the character will first need to be revised for this to even be feasible. Many other MMOs have improved mobility by either having a charge-like skill, a evasive skill, a sprinting/stamina option, etc. I am still in denial over the whole 5 4 skills only decision but at the very least, there ought be at least some additions to what our character can be capable. We don't even have a potion shortcut yet.
DF MQ  Post #: 2
8/5/2016 20:47:32   
Aizenhart1

Having a way to dodge attack rather than just let RNG take over makes a game more exciting. The game will require skill rather than luck and if you are good enough maybe even solo a boss, who knows but the experience will be awesome for everyone. I can see a lot of potential in AQ3D, thing that we can add on it that didnt came out of AQW, plus our DEVs really listen to their players.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
8/6/2016 20:09:38   
AQWorldsFarmer

Also, instead of a monster focusing on 1 player with all of its attacks, it uses (as you said) an attack that affects a certain area.
like..
-A sweep that damaged players on the front 180 degrees (leaving players attacking from behind safe).
-A smash that causes burst damage in a very small area, that gives little time to become aware and avoid it.
-A weapon throw Causes damage in a line, again, short window to avoid.
-Blast Causes intense damage in a small radius around the creature. (would require some sort of 'backflip' avoidance, though)
-Rain Causes damage in multiple small areas near the creature.

Each one of these could also have a combination of effects such as
-Poison: Causes damage over time
-Stun: immobalizes
-Daze: slows (both movement and attack speed)
-Mind Control: causes players to damage each other for a certain period of time

Just these few few attack and effect combinations allows for 20 different attack combinations.
Post #: 4
8/7/2016 0:28:35   
Aizenhart1

Yes , thank you, my point exactly
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 5
8/7/2016 0:55:21   
*Nova*

Now using a bit of imagination, pretend the skeletal rider, in this video, is sweeping its tail at you. The main way to avoid this attack would be duck under it or whatever. Any player caught in the AoE will have their character knocked over on their back for a few secs if they fail to react to the attack. It'd also be cool if they introduced multiply evasion skills: jump, duck, roll out of the way... kind of like infinity blade and each evasion skill will only avoid damage if performed logically (like if you jump in place from an monster swinging vertically at you, you'd still be harmed). It won't be a complete 'i-frame.'
DF MQ  Post #: 6
8/10/2016 3:32:16   
orc orc orc

This is one of the times I wish the Devs read the forums more. Even if they do visit here regularly, interaction is needed. Feedback like these is essential and should be considered. I strongly believe AQ3D's combat system is in need of an overhaul. It's not just shallow, but also disinteresting. I do acknowledge that simplicity isn't necessarily a bad thing. The issue is that the battle system isn't unique, nor does it take advantage of the 3D environment. It can very well be done in a 2D platform. That's why the dev team should focus more on the combat. While Closed Beta does have plans to polish the battle mechanics, I feel that more should be done than just fine-tuning.

I want the game to succeed. However, I don't think the current combat system will suffice. I hope the dev team innovates and make the game as fresh and enjoyable as possible. A 3D AQW just won't work in the long run in my opinion.

< Message edited by orc orc orc -- 8/10/2016 3:35:28 >
Post #: 7
9/9/2016 3:04:44   
Enchanter X

We need this. Current combat system feels pretty boring now..
Magic words is not fun to use. Who want to relog just to /goto friends?
Well, at least this aint p2w
Post #: 8
9/9/2016 13:32:41   
  Rickyb20
PockeyChew Master

I'm going to be locking this as this is both a suggestion thread and it's been necrobumped.

If you have a suggestion for AQW, or if you wish to discuss other suggestions, please use the =AQ3D= Suggestion Thread and Rules thread.

Also, necrobumping is defined as posting in a thread that's been inactive for more than 2 weeks. Please do not post in a thread that's been inactive for more than 2 weeks, as it is considered spam.

Thanks!

~Rickyb20
AE Forum ArchKnight

< Message edited by Rickyb20 -- 9/9/2016 13:33:19 >
AQW  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Battle Mechanics: New Boss Attack and Evasion Commands
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition