Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

My Thoughts & Suggestions On Version 1.5.0

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AE Mobile Game Apps] >> BioBeasts >> My Thoughts & Suggestions On Version 1.5.0
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/17/2016 19:57:00   
Lord Machaar

First thing that annoyed me is the mutation lab. It was way better, clean and clear before the update. Now in order to view your rare or epic mutations, you have to keep scrolling, scrolling and scrolling. While before, you had a tab for each type of mutation, and with 1 single click, you can open the type of mutations you want. It'd be great if they can re-do this, and this would be an idea how.
http://puu.sh/qF6l4/67b90a0940.jpg (Some OP paints skills right there)
This is just an idea of how tabs can make accessing different types of mutations a lot easier. With one tap, you can access the type of mutations you want, instead of scrolling, scrolling and scrolling.

Another thing is, I think beast mutations should be seperated from Epic, Ultra or Epic mutations. They should have their own type called "Beasts Mutations". This is to clear up any confusion between Epic, Ultra or Epic mutations that can be used with all beasts, and specific mutations for each beast. Same thing should be done for Skins.

The current mutation lab is a mess. Common, Rare, Ultra and Epic mutations, sure, all good, but then why there are skins there, and beast mutations. Mutation lab should have 3 big tabs. General (Battle) mutations, Beasts (Specific) mutations and Skins (Decides your beast's power). And each tab will have sub-tabs. General mutations' sub-tabs will be common, rare, ultra and epic. Beasts mutations' sub-tabs will be the name of the current Biobeasts, and each biobeast will have certain mutations that are specific for it. And lastly skins, which will have sub-tabs with the Biobeasts names, each Biobeast will have numerous skins, each skins allow you to use a different power with your beast.

Fixing the mutation lab will make the interface way clearer, so when you click on each beast, you will have 3 slots:
- General mutations (Battle): Equip any general mutation that can be used with different Biobeasts.
- Beasts mutations: Equip specific mutations for each Biobeast.
- Skins: Equip a skin for each Biobeast, each skin will have a different Power.

Second thing, the crate system is great, but it can be improved. Unlocking mutations now is way harder. With steel crates or free crates, you won't be unlocking any mutations or skins any time soon. Biobits also won't do the work, since upgrading or unlocking any mutation costs way more than the old system, and earning Biobits is a struggle.
Making nuclear, elite and quantum crates only buy-able, kinda makes the game pay2win now. All crates should have a drop chance, 0.1% for Quauntom, 0.5% for Nuclear and 1% for Elite. Not sure how they can be dropped, but let's see everytime you escape, you would have a chance to get one of the three crates.

Lastly, the leaderboards are bugged, and I'm quite sure a bugged/exploited leaderboards will make lots and lots of players change their minds about making LBs one of their goals in the game. The leaderboards should be revamped for 2 reasons:
- Players earned scores in a different system.
- Hackers. I'm not sure though how you can reach 102 million score with Biohazard, while the second dude has 1.2 million. Something doesn't add up here. Maybe fixing leaderboards would give hope to lots of players to compete for them.

I wouldn't lie though, a lot of exciting things have been added to the game, such as start up mutations, skins and whatnot. Now you can start waves comfortably with the mutation you want, reducing RNG and luck factors, but maintaing diversity in the end, since you will end up with different mutating possibilities each wave and each escape, making each escape unique.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/17/2016 20:02:32 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 1
8/17/2016 21:23:26   
Thade

@Lord Machaar,
I'm going to double down on your second point. A quick fix might be to lower the time it takes to unlock crates, while also slightly increasing the cost to buy one. The disproportion between the amount of time it takes to get 10 batteries compared to the amount of time it takes for said batteries to be of any use is rather egregious, to use a word. Getting 10 batteries averages out to about two runs, 10 or so minutes each, give or take. But it then takes 4 hours at a minimum for your 10 hours to have a payoff. I get that being able to use the micro-transaction to save a bit of time is important to the longevity of the game, but this edging dangerously close to pay two win. By setting the the cost of a crate to, just throwing number out, 25 batteries, while cutting down the time it takes to unlock a basic level crate to an hour, you're cutting the amount of waiting around to 2 hours between upgrades, but almost tripling the amount of gameplay required to achieve this upgrade. The need to play more to get more, rather than just sit around between play sessions, might even drive more players to splurge the few bucks to make that micro-transaction purchase. A greater incentive to gameplay also means a greater incentive to purchase upgrades.

To go a step further, allowing people to earn elite or better crates, or even pump more batteries into a purchase to increase their odds of a better crate might actually be very beneficial to both the players and the devs. Winning some kind of lottery feels awesome. Knowing you managed to roll an epic or even legendary piece of loot or trading card is one of the reason people grind MMOs for hours, or spend hundreds in packs of trading cards. This system is garenteed to keep people coming back for more. Additionally, If there was an option to spend 20 or even 30 batteries on the chance to roll double odds on an elite crate, nothing to crazy just %2.5 to %5, this will incentivize more gameplay, which in turn will incentivize more people to make a purchase. More people will play the game for longer, which generates positive feedback, which causes more people to play. Everyone wins.

If I had my own minor suggestion to add to the mix, currently winning doesn't really feel epic enough. There is no real difference between winning and loosing that make me feel like beating a level is worth the grind. If you're going to have a system that arbitrarily ends the game for me after some number of levels, that ending should feel different to me than the ending where I get beaten to death by stun-batons. The new mutation lab loot crate system feels like the perfect way of making my victories feel victorious *Hint* *Hint*. Even just giving individual DNA thingamajiggs feels better than nothing. 1 for normal, 2 for hard, 3 for insane, and 1 for every x waves on survival, with harder difficulties having a better chance at rarer DNA strands.
Post #: 2
8/19/2016 22:58:14   
Lord Machaar

quote:

By setting the the cost of a crate to, just throwing number out, 25 batteries, while cutting down the time it takes to unlock a basic level crate to an hour, you're cutting the amount of waiting around to 2 hours between upgrades, but almost tripling the amount of gameplay required to achieve this upgrade.

This sounds like a viable idea to help players progress faster in the game. Although I still have more points to lay down concerning the crate system.

The devs did take off a little bit of RNG/luck when it comes to battle mutations, now you can pick your start up mutation, beast mutation and a skin, allowing you to start your escape the way you want. This was highly demanded by numerous players including me, and I'm glad they implemented it. But then, why implement a system that depends way more on RNG, which is the crate system:

• First point I would like to talk about, and you talked about, is the time required to unlock a steel crate, which is 8 hours, compared to the 10 minutes you have to spend to unlock it. Make it 5 minutes if you're playing in normal mode. But this point will look like nothing compared to the next few ones.
The solution you gave to fix this disproportionation between the time to unlock a steel crate (8 hours) and the time to gather 10 batteries to buy one steel crate is quite adequate.

• Progressing in the game: You no longer control how you progress in the game, by unlocking or upgrading the mutations you want (Ofcourse beside spending some cash).
It all comes down to your luck with your steel crates. I wouldn't have said this if unlocking mutations with Biobits is a thing, but it is no longer a thing. Stubborn Will which is an Ultra mutation that you could've unlocked for like 6k Biobits in the older version, now you have to unlock it for 24k Biobits, which is 4 times more costy.
The crate system is not additional system to help you progress in the game, but it is a necessity due to the huge buff of costs to upgrade the mutations you want. Now you'd have to wait for your steel crates, which will randomly unlock or decrease the value of various mutations at the same time, not the ones you want, but what the system wants. I'm not sure if devs realised that the players will end up unlocking the most OP mutations with Biobits, hence why they had to intentionally slow them down by increasing upgrade costs and implementing a luck dependent system, but that's now how you fix it folks.
I would like to see them again decreasing the RNG in the crate system by allowing players to decrease the value of the mutations you want, or let's at least control some of the DNA's your crates give you to unlock some of the mutations you want.

• Micro transaction, just to make things worst, the game is now heavily pay2win. A quantum crate can unlock stuff that an unlimited amount of steel crates will never unlock. It is simply telling you, you have to buy special crates to progress faster in the game. Steel crates are the major reason why the crate system is a fail, and Pay2Win aspect in the game is so eminent. By Quantum/Radioactive/Elite crates you can unlock stuff easily and without any effort. On the other hand, you will have to wait 8 hours to open a steel crate that will unlock random common mutations for you, that won't help you progress in the game.

I'm totally not happy with how heavily the pay2win aspect got implemented in the game. Sure the game is progressing, number of installs has surpassed 100k. But then we are talking about a competitive market here. If players feel the game is too demanding, they simply have thousands of other options to choose from. Biobeasts should at least secure a constant playerbase before making pay2win a necessity. To me pay2win should never be a necessity or obligation in any game, because when devs feel that way when they make their game, players feel that way as well when they play. But again, we aren't talking here about a major company, we are talking about isolated and small company developpers that desperately need money to progress, which is a thing we can't blame them for, but also they should be smart when it comes to winning cash from the game.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/19/2016 23:37:29 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AE Mobile Game Apps] >> BioBeasts >> My Thoughts & Suggestions On Version 1.5.0
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition