Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum
Page 5 of 12«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/14/2018 4:03:31   
Lkeas

The Index shines on the heels of Creation...

Just peeking in to say hello! Glad to see a few familiar names doing the same from time to time. As most others have also expressed, I too drifted away from AE games, mostly once the great Devourer Saga ended, whose intricate puzzles and deep storyline drew me in to many a late night RP session on IRC. Seriously, I spent waaaaay more hours than I probably should have hanging out with the likes of Falerin and Maxwell, LordBarrius, Damsel, FulcanRyst, ZLOK, Ronin, Elaith, Geno, and all the rest of the Seekers whose names are forever recorded by the Archivist in the annals of the Encyclopedia of Truth.

I joined the forums in February 2006 but didn't get really active until the original 3 Paxia clans were released a few months later, and the Nautica forum exploded with creativity thanks to Ioci and the establishment of the Canu'r Delyn poetry slam fest (sadly lost to the sands of time, though portions of the Coral Reef art archive still exist). The Nauticans were a lively bunch despite being a less popular clan based around defense (most players chose the fiery Igneus).

Then Truth and Lies showed up with their cryptic messages on the forums and I found my way to the Caelestia IRC network, falling deep into the rabbit hole of adventure with the Truthseekers. We laughed, we cried, we had all our linked analogs merged as reality collapsed upon itself. Good times.

Those days are long past and these forums are shadowy echoes of what had been, but thank you to the AE team for creating an unforgettable experience that has etched itself into my gaming soul.

755 FOREVER
AQ DF  Post #: 101
5/29/2018 15:40:53   
savor

What's up guys! just visited the forums again.

wow, it's already been 12 years huh?

seem like it was just yesterday, i was 11 years old new to computers new to the internet itself. i stumbled upon a website called Battleon and immediately i was hooked! since it was my first time seeing the game itself and playing it.

and that is where it all started, created a forum account to be up to date with community news, game news etc.

i even remembered seeing lots of posts in a day, almost every 5 minutes a forum post got an update/reply XD..

back then i wish we could have made time slower or heck just stopped it. there were no conflicts, problems, rent to pay, cars to fill up gas XD.. we were just kids having fun in wonderland.

now i really get it why peter pan didn't want to grow up.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 102
6/3/2018 11:40:06   
siris99
Weapons Master

I have to say, I love the nostalgia here. Class of '05 by the way. When I first found the forums, it was a way to pass some time while I waited to get into the game, since I was young and couldn't afford guardianship. But then... well, I came for the forums more than the game. Games, I suppose, as everything just grew. I remember the art sub-forum just being this gigantic thing, with all different styles and mediums being represented. The old STO, all of the tutorials, and all of the wonderful friends that came with it. Eventually, I started checking out more, getting involved in the ACC as the Paxia event took place, and even in the MKIA threads back in the OOC, before they got shut down.

It's crazy how much things have changed, and sad how many friends have fallen out of contact. I never would have grown to the person I was without the forums and community here, and my life really would be different. Talking to everyone here gave me the confidence to be myself online. To make a long story short, I wouldn't have met my fiance without that.

So... virtual mug being raised to the old days. Hot Cocoa of course

< Message edited by siris99 -- 6/3/2018 13:21:28 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 103
6/4/2018 17:28:52   
Astral
Lost Star

2006 here and it has been almost 10 years since my last post.
I joined this community as a kid barely knowing any English... As time passed this community helped me shape who I am today and I will forever be grateful.

Thank you for everything

AQ  Post #: 104
6/9/2018 5:56:19   
SirFanthor

No idea why I decided to check this place out again after an entire decade but I'm blown away seeing the people in this thread. Not too mention still remembering my login info. I hope everyone's found great success in their lives, this place was so important to me growing up and it's a real trip going through the site and seeing this layout still in use, reading through my PMs and remembering these names and conversations so clearly. Much love to you all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 105
6/15/2018 19:02:32   
HK 47

Lotta old faces around here. Guess I'll just pop in after so long away. I remember the event that caused me to join this forum, that being the Necromancer/Paladin war in the original AQ. I remember being active on the Polls section and developing a reputation as an "evil necromancer" that was opposed by Adagamefreak. I don't really post here that much anymore, but AE's always been something I love, and I'm still testing their stuff to this day because of how much I love the company and their things. I remember I made a fool of myself countless times, since I was in early high school at the time, but I'm just glad to see that some of the old guard are still around when I pop back in here after ages away.

Yeah, it's a shame that forums are dying. There's been a lot of good memories I've had on this site, and a lot of embarrassing ones too. However, I wouldn't trade my time here for the world. This company, this forum, it's really shaped who I am as a person today. I remember the days of Legends & Lore, where I was a comically awful writer who was almost a joke because of how bad his stories were. And after so many years, I got up to the point where I managed to self-publish my first novel, along with a lot of positive feedback received from people interested in it. I'm moving soon from the house I lived in for 20 years, but this forum is something I'll always consider a place to be with.

Decided to drop by here again after doing some testing for AE's latest project, and it's nice to see some old faces around here. It's great to see you all again.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 106
6/16/2018 1:57:57   
Jecht Dracopyre
Original Hybrid

ooh teh feels....so many familiar names class of 2005 here I've seen a lot started in clans before moving to SaAma two purges lol the DAaS and The Gallery made tons of friends and cool people that shaped me and my path Grafh former Mod who taught me photoshop via notepad way back in PS CS2. Metal, Tar, Fade, TS1, iChar, Nickytan, Doodman, Acolytic, smalls, solar boy, dr. dot, dark wyrm, elryn, the hollow, luxx, stevenuchiha and a host of others. MSN messenger parties at night the sheer work and fun becoming an AK over the DAaS with my best bud was amazing watching the talent that was coming thru and helping it grow watching TS1 and ichar becoming leaders and kinda handing over the reigns of our little art community was my favorite moment though.

Very sad to see this place so slow considering there was a time when people spent more time here than in the games. But all good things, I guess...this was my first forum I could not have been any luckier, so many amazing memories and people which is probably why I will never leave this place I check on this place at least twice a day those these days I hardly ever post.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
6/16/2018 21:10:02   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

Uncle Jecht ;-; <3

My love for the gallery can't be put into words. I've spent an unhealthy amount of time in the various corners of the internet, but no place feels quite so much like home as our humble gallery (of creative adventurers). It sucks that it's fallen into the condition that it's in, but it's awesome that so many of us still stick our heads in from time to time to share a comment or some artwork.

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 6/16/2018 23:22:19 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 108
6/21/2018 11:38:35   
Zero Hex

heck!!!!

i miss the gallery.... and all the pals...

i'm still alive btw

(oh wow i just passed my 13 years birthday for this account....)

< Message edited by Zero Hex -- 6/21/2018 11:39:17 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 109
6/22/2018 9:31:35   
__ __

God the nostalgia on this post is huge, I think about this game and the players/old friends every now and then and it's a huge blast from the past!

Post #: 110
6/22/2018 14:43:13   
Smalls

I feel the exact same way about the gallery, I don't know what I'd be doing today if it weren't for it. The entire reason I got started in art is because of the gallery section so it's crazy to think about how if I hadn't decided to join these forums as a dumb 12 y/o then one of the things that brings me the most joy and defines me as a person just.. wouldn't be a thing that I do

I miss IRC too, I made so many friends in it and it was so great to be part of. It's so funny because my first reaction to seeing slack and discord was just "wow, it's just like IRC but fancier" and none of my rl friends had really understood what I meant by that. IRC was such a critical part of my childhood, thanks to the AEF, and so to see people not knowing what it is is just so bizarre to me.

It's so nice seeing so many old faces in this thread, though it's bittersweet to see that the most active thread in this section is just us going "boy I miss 2005-10"
but if it keeps the OOC alive (and since I get to see the names of old friends), then I'm more than happy for it
DF  Post #: 111
6/22/2018 15:43:52   
Sir Nicholas

So many years, so many memories. Ever since 2005 I have been a part of it, though I rarely ever visit anymore. I suspect the reason is because I wonder if anyone remembers me. Although, truth be told, even if everyone were to forget me, I will never forget the friends I made here. I will never forget how much I love and appreciate this community and all it did for me.

It helped me grow from boy to man.

< Message edited by Sir Nicholas -- 6/22/2018 15:46:49 >
AQ  Post #: 112
6/28/2018 2:13:44   
Zero Hex

Does anyone happen to have Nickwright, Mobius, or Onizahkeado's current contact info in any form? PM if that works better, please.... Would love to get back in touch.

Edit: and Monty Burns (or .:Monty:.) ... used to have him on FB, but he's deleted it..

< Message edited by Zero Hex -- 6/29/2018 23:22:07 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 113
6/29/2018 7:23:06   
Beebote

Remember when the RP boards gave Advanced Role Players their own board?
When making ARP status was the biggest accomplishment an RPer could aspire to?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
And so do I!

Stumbling into the delightfully distracting AQ3D stung me with a bit of nostalgia, and lo and behold, here's a thread tailored to feed that nostalgia!
So.. Story Time with the Bee!

I stumbled onto these forums almost 13 years ago, after stumbling into AdventureQuest, in November of 2005, my senior year in High School. I played the game extremely casually, and never made much headway in it. The Forums, however, became my online home for several years. While I hovered around other boards, I made my nest in the RP boards and spent what was likely an unhealthy amount of time over-committing to various threads. I eventually earned my way into the now-long-removed ARP boards with the help and coaching of some stellar individuals that I'm pleased to have mostly kept in contact with ever since. Even had a custom title for a while. "ARP's Barking Bee". I remember it was a bit of inside joke, but I honestly forget how that moniker came about.

While my last official appearance on the boards was for the 2012 Elemental Championship, even that was a temporary return from a long absence. Most of the folks I got to know well I keep in contact with through other means, and most of us still Role Play together weekly via other mediums. Because we love telling stories and spinning tales of wizards, dragons, faeries, werewolves, and holy knights.

And for me, that all started here.

I will never use this forum the way I used to, but that doesn't diminish how much of an impact the BattleOn forums had on my hobbies, and it remains a major landmark in my digital and creative life.

< Message edited by Beebote -- 6/29/2018 7:24:54 >
Post #: 114
6/29/2018 13:14:55   
Dragon Queen

I just got a random burst of nostalgia and decided to come back here and see what's up. I joined here in 2007 when I was 11 years old, and was active until about 2009. I was mostly on the Igneus board but I'd lurk the OOC sometimes. I'd always be too shy to post though, I felt like everyone knew so much more about the topics than me!

I met a lot of good people there and some of us from the clan even branched off into a custom Invisionfree forum we made just for us close people. We'd discuss video games, share youtube videos, PM each other nonsense, and do all these RPs... Oh the nostalgia! All the RPing I did must have helped me develop into a strong reader/writer, considering I just graduated from college with my Bachelor's in English. I truly wonder how everyone's doing now, but there's no way I can contact them since social media was barely a thing and the forums are all I have of them :/

Sooooo if anyone wants to keep contact, hit me up on Twitter! My handle is @Raeequaza, still keeping consistent with the dragon theme I wish everyone here the best in their endeavors!

~DQ

< Message edited by Dragon Queen -- 6/29/2018 14:02:09 >
AQ  Post #: 115
6/29/2018 15:33:29   
  toidiedud

Its so weird and calming to see so many old names I recognize. Since if you told me to make a list of names from back in the day I couldn't do more than a few but then seeing the names I remember so much more in a nice melancholy feeling.

Not a place we'll forget anytime soon I see. Its funny how much just a username can well up in you. Good times. Its like we're all still drawn back just to see what came of this all and its good that we can be reminded of good memories. Hopefully you're all doing well.

Also remember that I have a discord server while not AE focused is open to anyone who wants to see a few old faces that we stuck around together. along with newer friends along the way. Just PM for that invite. Don't like to shill it a ton but I figure some of ya'll might be interested.

< Message edited by toidiedud -- 6/29/2018 15:39:12 >
AQ DF  Post #: 116
6/29/2018 23:24:42   
Khentimentiu

Stranger danger.
Post #: 117
6/30/2018 8:31:11   
Womba

Hmm... I don't like to reminisce myself but in this case... it feels good. Probably wouldn't have developed as well as I had without all the people I met here. Coming here every day as a boy, a minor, coming back rarely as a man to see how things are going. Good to see things are still holding up well.
DF AQW  Post #: 118
7/17/2018 23:23:11   
sean.2
My life for Aiur

Just randomly popped in to see what’s up. Saw this thread and thought I’d say hi to anyone whom I used to see on here.

EDIT: Peeps can look me up on steam, Pwnageddon.

< Message edited by sean.2 -- 7/18/2018 5:39:26 >
Post #: 119
7/18/2018 13:47:28   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Long time sean! Hope you're well. This whole thread is like one big reunion :)

< Message edited by Digital X -- 7/18/2018 13:48:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
7/29/2018 20:51:45   
sleddyboy3

Damn, I never appreciated how much of an influence on people these forums were to me until I came back
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 121
8/9/2018 12:34:45   
Reaper Sigma

Decided to pop in for my yearly lurk around these forums. Now I'm trying not to tear up reading through this thread.

It's been around 10 years since I joined up here, and I still look back on those days with nothing but fondness. I remember when the highlight of my day was coming home from school and logging on to here. The UCaG is probably one of the biggest reasons I got so involved in literature (even went to college for it ), and even now I'm still using some of the old material from there. The people here, the community, it's all still very special to me, and I'm glad to know some of you guys are still around too.

If anyone wants to catch up, just send me a PM and I can send you my discord, or you can add me on Steam (just look up Reaper Sigma; my profile pic is a grim reaper with a heart)

< Message edited by Reaper Sigma -- 8/9/2018 13:44:08 >
Post #: 122
8/15/2018 21:30:02   
Seahawk

Heh... I just saw that I still have the initial PM inviting me to be a moderator from back in March of 2005. Man, where does 13 years go?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
8/16/2018 6:27:53   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

My oldest sent was 2010 when I was AK first time, Shame I didn't keep my original invitation too! Such good memories.

Yes, time certainly flies doesn't it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
8/22/2018 6:55:40   
TreadLight

I really wish I could go back.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum
Page 5 of 12«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition