Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum
Page 6 of 12«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/22/2018 21:23:07   
Silver Lion

That makes two of us, mate.

Pretty sure we'll all be coming back here every now and then for as long as this forum remains up and running. It's just a shame that its revival is highly unlikely, if not impossible. The internet's just not the same anymore, eh?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 126
10/3/2018 17:15:09   
awesomeman167

Haven't read through the thread but i was going through some old emails and saw old inbox messages and thought i'd login and see what changed. can't believe i still remember my login. Hope everyone has been well over the last decade!

just checked and my last login was in 2012 but yeah im definitely from the 07' crew. this used to be my favorite place to hangout.

jee wizz my last post before this one was 8 years ago hahahaha

i generally dislike using the word cringe but reading my old posts really did make me wince. I used to bother the archknights so much

going back to the igneus rollcall thread and seeing my character really hit home. Reminded me just how much the game and community meant to me all those years ago.

< Message edited by awesomeman167 -- 10/3/2018 17:37:47 >
Post #: 127
10/6/2018 7:47:47   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Good to see you back awesomeman! Nice to see old faces return after all these years.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
10/9/2018 1:20:46   
awesomeman167

I hate the name i made for the forum hahahaha. Good to see you too Digi, i'll keep peeking in here from time to time to see who else pops in.
Post #: 129
10/9/2018 12:46:09   
  toidiedud

*slaps thread*

This baby can hold so many old memories and good folk
AQ DF  Post #: 130
11/18/2018 3:48:45   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

^Milking a dead meme, eh?

Man, this place has changed a lot. So many memories
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 131
11/18/2018 13:10:22   
  toidiedud

Gotta milk it while it's still in memory!

Just like this thread. Still just so nice to see these memories flooding back that are lost in the ether now.
AQ DF  Post #: 132
11/25/2018 23:17:23   
Puppy
Bone Head Emo Ranger Power!

):
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 133
11/26/2018 8:59:06   
aNyThInG

I miss IRC chat the most.. Fun times. Is it even still alive?

^ Through the Lens; Photography ^
AQ DF  Post #: 134
11/26/2018 19:41:39   
Smalls

^the irc's totally dead rip... I totally know how you feel tho, I miss irc so much bc of all the people there (both good and bad lmao)

I know there's a few discord servers that some older forum people run, I'm in one with some of the old AQDAAS folks but there's nothing strictly organized like IRC was
DF  Post #: 135
11/27/2018 7:29:50   
lordkaho
Creative!

If only we can turn back time no?
DF MQ  Post #: 136
11/29/2018 4:28:34   
you stop

Ah deleted my old post since I thought I posted it in the wrong place but back here now.

Hi, this is a new account but I clearly remember having an old account here back in the days. I don't exactly recall when but the last thing I recall doing was naming the Ice Dragon for DragonFable. I pretty much stopped AE games in general after my DF account got banned because my dad's credit card was stolen and all payments got cancelled hue and so there goes my DragonAmulet and time devoted to playing DragonFable and seeing posts flicker up in the forums every time I refreshed the page.

I do recall stopping DF then but continued with AQW since I was able to confirm (or whatever the term is) my DA account into my AQW account. So at least I could continue being a DragonLord, albeit in a different game. But I guess life just got busier from there and I basically quit all AE games by 2011. Fast forward to 2016 and I lurked here and there checking guides of AQW (which thankfully I was able to still play with the exact same account I had then) seeing which classes were good left and right. I was just a washed up player who only had DragonLord in a place filled with ArchPaladins, StoneCrushers, Bunch of DarkCasters, etc. Game has changed a lot, forums even more so. I made this forum account 2017 in an attempt to get back to this community completely so here I am now, still can't remember my old forums account and old DF account. Ah, time flies.

So now I'm just here to ask the same old questions all of you did, where did all those years go? Played AE games as a kid as one of my first few online games since our old family PC couldn't handle other games, much less had the money to pay for WoW. Went back to AE games as an adult just trying to get a feeling of nostalgia (I didn't have nostalgiaquest then hue, just this year). And so hello to all of you, dearest distant humans from whichever side of the world you're all at.
AQW  Post #: 137
12/2/2018 21:56:09   
Deadly the Eternal
Constructive

I sort of remember when it was a lot more active here. I'm not exactly sure what was going on when I left, but I did have a feeling I would be back here. I joined AE around middle school and my last forum post before today was apparently sometime after high school. I also remember having to mail in my X-Guardian payment since I was nowhere near ready for a debit or credit card. Now I have a degree and a job, and I'm still looking for a better job and a girlfriend. I'm also still living in the same how I did when I first joined, not by choice. Adulting is the worst.

On another note, I wonder how AE is going to revamp the games to no longer use Flash since it's going to be discontinued. I do remember when Flash games, even those little ones on various sites, were the best. I really do wish we could turn back time to the good ol' days (and I love that song).
AQ  Post #: 138
12/3/2018 1:38:43   
Trog
Handsome Devil!

Surely it hasn't been that long? Oh. It has. Well, it was a pleasure seeing many familiar names and reading through. I still log into forums and AQW very rarely just to pop in, I miss a lot of it as well. I message a few people I met here through other means periodically and I'm grateful to have been put into contact with them from here. My best memory was definitely putting together the class build guide for AQW, lots of hours went into that and I loved every second of it.

When's AQ gonna be mobile? I'd play that in my downtime, lol.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 139
12/12/2018 20:44:17   
Minish Cap

I haven't been here in a long time so seeing all of these familiar names sure brings back memories. I remember using a green font, I think it was this one, but I won't put any of you through that now. After I stopped actively visiting this place (probably back in 2012 or 2013, I think) I started frequenting another forum. That place has since shut down, and given that posts here don't stick around indefinitely, I'm left with a lot of time spent on forums with nothing concrete to show for it. I don't even know how active I was because my profile only mentions 23 posts and I'm fairly confident that's an understatement.

I mainly stuck to the AQWorlds General Discussion Board and the Entertainment Forum, and even though it no longer works I still have the Entertainment Forum bookmarked because I just don't have the heart to delete it after almost a decade.

Quite a while ago there was a Steam group set up to try to coordinate some out-of-forum activities, but after the group's creators left I was appointed as the new moderator and haven't really done much with my newfound power, so if that group stopped being relevant I suppose it might be my fault. I've kept in touch with a small handful of people from here, but a lot has happened in the almost-ten years since I joined this forum and there's frankly just been a lot of other things on my mind.

Still, it's nice to look back on the "good ol' days".
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 140
12/14/2018 13:02:58   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

8 years Minish! Do you plan to stick around?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 141
2/10/2019 12:01:30   
Onyx Darkmatter

Not sure if I remember anyone here. Joined back in 2009, but I got really active around 2010.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 142
2/16/2019 21:44:23   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

December 2004 here.

Good lord, I haven't been here in ages. Used to be here when the RP section was massive. Saw someone post about AQ over on RPG and decided to drop by and see how things are going. Glad to see the place is still around. Sad it isn't as active as it used to be but that happens I guess. Oh well. Scary Kitty is saying hewwo and will probably drop back by eventually. This place will always hold a special place in my heart. ^^
Post #: 143
3/18/2019 22:13:57   
The Extinguisher

im way late to the nostalgia party but like any good party i intend to show up late, make a mess, then belligerently refuse to leave

i feel a mix of pride and shame towards these forums, far more often rude for rudeness's sake, thinking i had the moral high ground because i got the laughs. but the community was fun, and it helped develop a lot of my skills, and i think, ultimately im a much better person for having been here.
i miss how easy it all seemed at the time.

not to get all weepy on you all, but i guess im just feeling exceptionally emotional today

also, im a girl now (tho looking back that was pretty obvious)

~FMA
Post #: 144
3/30/2019 11:26:50   
Wilderock

It’s been so long I saw Puppy’s post and tried to like it and tag him. Yeah, way too long haha.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 145
4/27/2019 6:08:58   
m415mike

Hahaha, I'm getting emotional. It was pretty powerful stumbling upon this place after all this time (joined in '06, last post 9 years ago), but seeing how many of you were my age when we signed up (13) and how many of you share the feeling that this place shaped you really gets me. Met a lot of great people who helped shape my outlook on life. The propensity towards actual debate on heavy topics was great for developing critical thinking skills. More modern platforms such as Facebook or Reddit aren't as conducive to discussion, I don't think. This was a fun, civil, smart group of people.
Post #: 146
4/30/2019 10:13:26   
Illuminator

Crazy that I actually recognize a lot of the names in here, can't believe it's been so long. I learned how to properly type because of using this forum, shame forums are so out of style now.

I remember spending hours here, every time you refreshed there were new posts. Nostalgia how you get me so.
AQ Epic  Post #: 147
5/21/2019 2:24:24   
Vongola the Wise

I think AE will have to find a way to stay relevant as flash seems to be dead and there are multitude of alternate free games out there that kids seem to prefer...

< Message edited by Vongola the Wise -- 5/21/2019 2:25:04 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 148
7/20/2019 22:14:31   
  Scakk
Beyond

June of 2005.. Seems like so long ago I found this forum...
AQW  Post #: 149
7/30/2019 23:18:22   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

It was around 11.5 years ago that I became an AK for a sub-forum that doesn't even exist anymore, and just over 7 years ago that I became a moderator. Both promotions came from the man posting above me. Great to hear from you again, and the rest of you as well, I guess. :P
AQ  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Remembering the good ol' days in the forum
Page 6 of 12«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition