Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=Elemental Championships 2017= OOC & Tournament Signups

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =Elemental Championships 2017= OOC & Tournament Signups
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/8/2017 23:59:36   
  Starflame13

The dawn that morning brings whispers, faint words that stir the crimson sand into life and send the wisps of clouds dancing across the lightening sky. It is time.

The Arena rouses itself slowly, magical sigils illuminating along its sturdy walls of stone as the ancient power of the Eight breaths once more. It is time.

Bren awakens with anticipation, chaos filling its streets as preparations are made and finished quickly. It is time.

It is time once more to come and bear witness to the ancient tournament, that final trial for fame and glory. Come, adventures. Come, challengers. Come, hunters and warriors and fighters of all the lands.

Come and bear witness to the Elemental Championships. It is time for the battle to begin once more.

The Elemental Championships have arrived once more! This round, I will be serving as director and main judge, with some help from Gingkage. This is the first time for both of us in organizing this, but we're very excited to be bringing the EC's back to you and are planning on running a spectacular competition!

While ANYBODY, regardless of prior roleplaying experience, is free to enter and participate, you will need to provide a character biography that passes certain requirements and my inspection. To begin with, you need to provide some form of identification for your character - a name, usually, but titles or other designations for “nameless” characters will serve - as well as the Element your character shall participate for and strive to earn favor enough to advance. Then outline your character’s appearance, including obvious carried weaponry, and outline any skills or abilities that require elaboration. Further details, such as history and personality, are not required. However, if a decision is extremely close and in need of tie-breaker material, additional well-crafted detail and backstory may be considered.

Any action performed in the tournament itself, including spells, attacks, and abilities, should have some reference in your biography. If you wish to use spoiler tags in the hopes of keeping certain abilities secret from competitors, you may do so, though this does not guarantee that they won't peak. At the least, I as Judge should not be surprised if your character is able to do something. It is based off of your listed abilities, skills, and so forth that your character will be balanced and admitted to the tournament.

Applications shall remain open until Saturday, July the 22nd, at which point we will reveal which Arenas will be utilized and randomly assign participants to each, based off of the number of participants who sign up. Submissions will be evaluated by myself and Gingkage, and approved competitors will be added to a sorted list at the bottom of this post. If your initial submission is not approved, you have until that date to either resubmit a fixed application in a new post, or an entirely new character. To that end, characters not approved will be given a brief reason why, and you can request further elaboration via PM. Please do NOT edit your biography's after posting without express permission. You must submit a new post to correct an error or update your character, and the most recent post submitted will be the one evaluated.

The preliminaries, or Paragon Phase, will last anywhere from two to three weeks, with some variance depending on how active the competition is and how tight the decisions may get. If you need to plan your time out, plan on the full three week period. Currently, the period will end as expected on Saturday, August the 12th, but if that changes, I will change the date here in addition to posting why.

At the end of the Paragon Phase, one finalist from each element will be selected to move on, and this usually takes a day to process decisions and get the Finals thread ready. Anticipated start date of the Finals will be Monday, August the 14th. More information on the Finals will be forthcoming when the time grows nearer.

Rules:

All normal RP Boards Rules will apply. Violators will be immolated, electrocuted, drowned, and pulverized. Survivors will be undone at an atomic level. Lists are kept of violators, and depending on severity, you may be barred from future participation. In addition, by participating in this Elemental Championships, you recognize my role as Judge and my say as final.

1. Characters must engage in combat.
This is a combat RP event. Make war, not love. If you can manage both...kudos to your multitasking.

2. Do not use cross-element powers.
This is the Elemental Championship. Your character is competing for the favor of one of the Elemental Lords in the preliminaries, and against the other elemental Paragons in the Finals. No Lord will ever choose as their representative someone who cannot win upon the strength of their Element alone.

3. You must post regularly.
Consistent activity is paramount. Please do not enter the tournament if you are not committed to remaining active for the full duration. During the preliminaries, any competitor who does not post at least once every 4 days (counted from the post time of your last post) will automatically forfeit. Your character will then be considered free for the slaughter - any other character in your arena will be allowed to kill him/her/them/it. If something comes up and you know you are going to miss the deadline, PM me. Exceptions can be made in these cases, but you MUST inform me beforehand.

4. Do not edit your posts once you have submitted them.
As with bios, you may only edit your posts with the express permission of myself. Editing of bios or of posts without foreknowledge creates suspicion of foul play. Double-check your post before you submit it, and live with any errors you might have once it is submitted.

5. Each RPer is allowed one and only one character.
You may not enter pairs, squads, platoons, battalions, armies, or swarms.

6. Do not use colored text or other excessive formatting.
We require your posts to be easily readable. The default formatting of the forum is the best option for this. While you may use bold, italics, and underline as normal, do not, for example, create a post consisting entirely of bold text.

7. Death has Consequences.
Characters who die within the Elemental Championships are dead in the AEF RP forums. This is a Canon event with regards to normal RP Board rules. Characters who die during the Paragon Phase are still eligible for being chosen as Finalists, and this is the only free pass to revival. Dying in the Finals is, sadly, permanent.

8. Have some fun!
All these rules and regulations may seem daunting, but while this is a tournament and a competition, the entire objective is to have some fun. We all like to win, sure, but try to enjoy yourselves along the way!

The penalty for failing to follow the rules may result in immediate disqualification from the tournament. Failure to comply with the direction of the Director may also result in immediate disqualification from the tournament. While discussion of a ruling may be allowed, as stated before, I have the final say.

General info and tips:

Though this is a competition, collaboration is still extremely helpful! Your character is in combat with other characters, but you are not in combat with the other players. We urge you to discuss combat and options with your fellow contestants. You are free to make collaborative posts, and to work out battle sequences. Please keep records of your discussions for collaboration, however, as they may be requested depending on how close the competition is! OOC threads will be provided for each arena for the express purpose of communication with your fellow contestants and with us. Additionally, if you are able, the channel #RPooc will be available on irc.caelestia.net. We have created an IRC tutorial for RPers, that can be found here. Additional information on IRC can be located here. Additionally, the master list of approved entries also has link buttons for PMs as an additional shortcut for your potential collaboration needs. If you need to get in contact with me directly, either a PM or a post in one of the OOC threads is the best bet.

Best of luck to all who participate, and let the Elemental Championships begin!!!

List of Accepted Entrants by Element

Fire [2]
Inigo Arias , created by TitanDragonLord!
Michelle Verona , created by Axicia! Idle Out

Darkness [3]
Arthok Mesorason, the Blackblooded, created by Apocalypse!
Cyril Kovac, the Red Hand, created by Ryu Viranesh!
Arde En’Foe, created by Arthur! DQ'd

Energy [3]
Teras Rukoli, the Iron Mantis , created by Kellehendros!
Prota Wavis, created by Caststarter!
Anki - Block C3, created by draketh99!

Wind [1]
Ee-nuk Chuk va Tuktuk, created by TormentedDragon!

Ice [2]
Sir Gervase Irven, created by Necro-Knight!
Ayiso, created by Tdub!

Light [1]
Lieutenant Irina von Ra, created by Kooroo!

Water [3]
Kana the Rain-Caller , created by Starstruck! Idle Out
Alastasia Mayvendel, created by Dragonknight315!
Molly Halfcrow, created by Rayen!

Earth [2]
Willow Man, created by Ronin of Dreams!
Edward, created by deathlord45!

Master List of Accepted Characters
Total: 17

Teras Rukoli, the Iron Mantis , created by Kellehendros competing for Energy!
Inigo Arias , created by TitanDragonLord competing for Fire!
Kana the Rain-Caller , created by Starstruck competing for Water! Idle Out
Prota Wavis, created by Caststarter competing for Energy!
Sir Gervase Irven, created by Necro-Knight competing for Ice!
Arthok Mesorason, the Blackblooded, created by Apocalypse competing for Darkness!
Ayiso, created by Tdub competing for Ice!
Ee-nuk Chuk va Tuktuk, created by TormentedDragon competing for Wind!
Anki - Block C3, created by draketh99 competing for Energy!
Michelle Verona , created by Axicia competing for Fire! Idle Out
Alastasia Mayvendel, created by Dragonknight315 competing for Water!
Cyril Kovac, the Red Hand, created by Ryu Viranesh competing for Darkness!
Willow Man, created by Ronin of Dreams competing for Earth!
Edward, created by deathlord45 competing for Earth!
Molly Halfcrow, created by Rayen competing for Water!
Lieutenant Irina von Ra, created by Kooroo competing for Light!
Arde En’Foe, created by Arthur competing for Darkness! DQ'd

Rosters by Arena
Forge Arena Roster:
Anki - Block C3, created by draketh99!
Michelle Verona , created by Axicia! Idle Out
Alastasia Mayvendel, created by Dragonknight315!
Teras Rukoli, the Iron Mantis , created by Kellehendros!
Edward, created by deathlord45!
Ee-nuk Chuk va Tuktuk, created by TormentedDragon!

Sky Arena Roster:
Inigo Arias , created by TitanDragonLord!
Molly Halfcrow, created by Rayen!
Willow Man, created by Ronin of Dreams!
Kana the Rain-Caller , created by Starstruck! Idle Out
Ayiso, created by Tdub!
Lieutenant Irina von Ra, created by Kooroo!

Fountain Arena Roster:
Prota Wavis, created by Caststarter!
Arde En’Foe, created by Arthur! DQ'd
Cyril Kovac, the Red Hand, created by Ryu Viranesh!
Arthok Mesorason, the Blackblooded, created by Apocalypse!
Sir Gervase Irven, created by Necro-Knight!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 8/11/2017 1:14:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/9/2017 13:28:20   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Finally..!! I've been waiting for this.

I have a question though, with reference to this:

quote:

Characters who die during the Paragon Phase are still eligible for being chosen as Finalists, and this is the only free pass to revival.

Different characters might have different abilities such as complete incineration, implosion, explosion, or just having their enemies sent off to a dark dimension(after they've been beaten into submission of course, or killed). Does this rule cover revival from any and all means of death including disintegration or banishment from the same dimension?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
7/9/2017 13:40:21   
  Starflame13

Regardless of how a character is killed in the Paragon Phase (if such an event happens), if they are chosen as Finalists, they will be fully revived and returned to the proper dimension to compete in the Finals. That said, character abilities like complete incineration of an opponent or banishment to a different dimension are likely to be nerfed somewhat.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 7/9/2017 13:42:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
7/9/2017 13:43:04   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Okay then.

I'll have my bio up in some time.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
7/11/2017 22:07:11   
draketh99
Purple Armadillo

I'll stop in and try it myself! I'll have a Bio up in the next day or two!
DF  Post #: 5
7/12/2017 9:56:07   
Axicia

Does "mindless" minions/pets/automatons count as multiple character? For example, can someone who competes for Energy lord control robots in battle? Is someone who summons a Cinder to assist in battle allowed to compete?
Post #: 6
7/12/2017 15:42:40   
  Starflame13

If the robot or summon can act fully independently from you character (i.e., they will act without your direct orders/influence), then it would be considered multiple characters and against the rules. Controlling a robot with no autonomous capabilities might work, but your character would not be able to act while it was controlling the robot. Even summons with limited intelligence/no autonomous abilities can be very hard to balance, so in general I would recommend against creating a character that relies on outside creatures or constructs.

If you have a specific idea that you feel would not count as multiple characters, you can either PM it to me or include it in your initial bio when you post, and we will decide from there if there's a workable solution or not.

It usually takes people 2-3 posts to get a bio fully approved, if not more, so don't be afraid to post a slightly un-balanced or imperfect character the first round!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
7/12/2017 17:00:46   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

I'll sign up. Bio will be... ehhh, this weekend. Totes.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
7/13/2017 2:02:56   
Kooroo

I'll be entering this year. Was actually going to enter the previous year, because there wasn't any RPing to be had otherwise.
However, let's just say that things went, uh... less violent.

Not exactly sure what character I'm going to use just yet, but I'm just confirming something before I start writing up the Bio.

Limits for technology and magic is generally what you'd expect for AQ, DF, etc., right?
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/13/2017 9:26:31   
  Starflame13

While the elements and lore of Bren tend to fit in with AQ classic, you are not limited to races/classes/abilities/backgrounds only found in an AE game. As long as the technology/magic is reasonable power wise, and you're ok with editing abilities if asked, go for whatever you think would be fun to write with.

If people are looking for ideas to start with, you can check out some of the characters made in the last round of the ECs, found here.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
7/13/2017 15:13:18   
TitanDragonLord

Name: Inigo Arias

Race: Human

Element: Fire

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Appearance:
Inigo is a slim, rather handsome looking young man with lightly tanned skin and fair hair. With dark blue pits that make up his irises, toned muscle across his body, and an air of confidence carried about him at all times, he stands out from the crowd. Beneath his clothing, a light scattering of healed burns and scars from his past dot his body, the majority of which wouldn't be noticed without close inspection.

Backstory:
The village Inigo grew up in did not fear fire as many did. They saw its capabilities to create, to refine, to spark a certain beauty that enamoured the residents for generations. But there were always those who saw how it did the opposite, how it burned, how it destroyed. These were the people who drew in youngsters for training and rituals, worshipping the gods for the blessing of the flame, the Brotherhood of the Dark Inferno. These were the people who first introduced Inigo to fire, drawn to his natural fighter’s spirit. They sought to control his untameable nature, his innate affinity combat and abilities in harnessing the magical flame, to make him their weapon in the coming crusade.

They were not successful.

The tricksters who called themselves the elders of this order were not as powerful as they tried to have the villagers believe, and Inigo knew this better than any of them ever did. At the age of 13, he stood against them, challenging their authority, insisting he had mastered and transcended each and every one of their abilities, knowing that by staying tied to this group he was only going to be held back. He wanted to be strong, stronger than anyone, and these people had gone from his master to his enemy. Imagine their surprise when the flames they worshipped so much consumed them as hungrily as any other man, along with their entire headquarters, after a long and arduous battle with the young boy.

They had made him a weapon, but he belonged to no man.

He was hailed a hero by the villagers, the slayer of tyrants, the breaker of chains, but that was never what he set out to become. He wanted to go out, to fight the strongest, to be the strongest, and at 18 that’s exactly what he did. He worked as a mercenary, travelling from town to city, slaying monsters and taking quite the list of names of those who would disrupt the relative peace of the world. Before long, he'd made a name for himself; some called him a villain, others called him a hero, and a select few calling him both.

He caught the eye of the forces for good after finding himself allied with them against an - up to that point - unstoppable horde of the undead, headed by an incredibly powerful necromancer. He hadn’t joined them because it was the right thing to do, he’d joined them because they were most likely to lose. It was he who struck down the necromancer, ultimately ignoring the vast swathes of lesser undead to charge the most powerful foes, besting each and every one he came across in a sea of flames. Since that day, and knowing the danger he posed to the peace of the world, he was placed on the watchlist of numerous organizations dedicated to maintaining the peace of the world, though haven't had reason to come to blows with him... yet.

Skills, Spells, and Abilities:
spoiler:

Temperature Regulation: Inigo can control his body temperature between the most extreme temperatures, with the ability to raise it up to 60°C, including skin’s surface, and can function normally at these heightened temperatures.

Fireform: Inigo’s body (including any held or worn items) temporarily sheds its physical state, to become the flame itself, rarely lasting for more than 5 seconds during combat, but theoretically could last longer at the expense of an exponential amount of mana. Whilst like this, he can enter and pass through the space of other creatures, and can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch if fire could pass through that space. In this state, he resists physical attacks made with conventional weapons, but can still be harmed by magical or elemental powers.

Fatal Flare:A dome-shaped flare of fire enabled upon recovery from a knockback, allowing him to control his ‘flight’ whilst retaliating against his opponent. The radius of this dome is approximately 50ft, but flares to full power at 30ft., and quickly fades.

Phoenix Spark: Upon physical contact, a 'spark' of magic sets the victim's mana network 'ablaze'. Upon closer inspection, the seed of alien energy irritates its host by messing about with the closely-related nervous system, concentrating where there are the most nerves.

Dancing Magma Blade: When activated, a trail of flame follows behind his chosen weapon, that hangs in the air and on touched surfaces for a couple of seconds before dissipating into nothingness.

Dragon Fist: When unarmed or disarmed, by knocking his hands together a pair of heavy bundles of flame appear around each individual fist, increasing the force of and adding a burning element to his strikes.

Ripper Volley: Inigo can force manifested balls of fire from his mouth, with a range of 100ft with but limited to a straight trajectory. The fire is maintained with his breath, and is considerably less powerful when he is breathless, even prone to failing outright.

Smoke ‘n Mirrors: After the deconstruction of a Fire technique, Inigo can form a smoke image of himself and/or other attacks. This smoke is illusionary in nature, but smoke inhalation toxicity remains a constant danger for Inigo’s adversary.

Notable Equipment:
spoiler:

Ashmaker: Inigo’s blade, claimed from a dragon’s horde, has a vampiric effect in combat. The weapon transfers magical energy from an opponent's body to the wielders upon landing a hit, and was later refined by a master blacksmith to have a wicked edge that has since spilled the blood of many foes.

< Message edited by TitanDragonLord -- 7/14/2017 14:38:08 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/13/2017 22:27:22   
Starstruck

It's time. Best of luck to you all! ;o

Name: Kana the Rain-Caller
Element: Water

Appearance: Kana has a gentle look about him. There are no visible scars on his skin, and his hair, beard, and skin are soft and meticulously groomed. There is little about him that suggests a life of battle; his long and precise fingers suggest paging through books and scrolls instead. His skin is a deep, smooth tan, and his dark hair is wrapped tightly into a short braid tipped with a ceremonial silver amulet. Kana's deep blue eyes are inquisitive but somehow slow, lingering on interesting tidbits as if to guess at their secrets. He is slender and a little short, standing only five and a half feet tall, and despite his relatively young age, moves with confidence and maturity.

Kana's battle attire is simple but eye-catching. A long felt coat reaches to the ground, a warm navy blue, shrouding him in bulky fabric. His braid rests down the back, over the coat. The amulet at its tip is wrought in the shape of a roaring lion's head, one eye adorned with a glittering sapphire. Past the waist it is unbuttoned to allow him to walk or run, and the top two are also undone, but otherwise it is wrapped snugly around his torso. The sleeves are loose and long, and only the tips of his fingers are actually visible. Underneath the coat, Kana wears a simple pair of loose white breeches and a soft, slightly baggy, baby-blue shirt. Kana does not wear shoes.

Equipment:

Amulet of the Tempestarii - The pendant on Kana's braid is more than mere decoration; it crackles with the ancient power of the Tempestarii, weather-callers who dwelt among Kana's people in ages past. While the strength of the amulet seems to have decayed massively over time, it is still an artifact of immense power. When Kana speaks a brief ancestral invocation, the amulet will crackle with lightning, emitting a blinding flash followed by a deafening burst of thunder. Those standing too close to Kana will be blown back a few feet, while those further away may only be a little startled.

Somean Dagger - This traditional blade is a little old, but well-maintained. It is holstered in Kana's right sleeve and can be drawn in a flash. There is a sizeable sapphire set in its pommel. The dagger has no special properties.

Shamanic Overcoat - Kana's coat is enchanted to protect its bearer from harsh weather, to assist him in his tribal rain-calling duties. While Kana wears the coat, driving rain will feel to him like a light drizzle, and he will still have full visibility and mobility even in the fiercest storms. The coat also works to shield him from the elements; lightning strikes will ground through the coat, hailstones will melt on contact, heat waves will be insulated against, and high winds will have a little less power to move him. He is not invulnerable to these things, but the coat allows him to turn a powerful storm aside without fear of perishing in its onslaught.

spoiler:

I hate using numbers but just to let y'all know, this is like a 10% reduction in power, plus a dispersion of lethal damage. Basically, this is to help him not instantly die to anything. This DOES NOT make Kana immortal; you can remove or destroy the coat, throw more than 1 thing at him at a time, or use normal methods like the good old fashioned Stabbing. There's a lot of lethal magic getting thrown around in the Championships and I would like to actually participate rather than getting instantly obliterated :)

Somean Waterskins - Made from the stomach, bladder, and hide of a Somean Lion, these waterskins are highly resistant to expansion from the inside, but seem like normal waterskins from the outside, if one ignores the glowing runes on their surfaces. They are stored under Kana's coat, strapped to his torso, and hold about 5 gallons of water each. The neck of each waterskin extends down Kana's sleeve, allowing him a source of water for his spellcasting.

Call Rain - Kana follows a practiced series of steps to conjure a rainstorm in even the dryest environments, though the process is a great deal faster in humid areas. He can also use water from his waterskin to add to the buildup of water in the air. The longer the dance is allowed to proceed, the more rain will fall as a result. If Kana is underground or indoors, the storm will collect on the ceiling instead, and be greatly reduced in strength - merely a drizzle.

Summon Fog - Kana sprays water from his waterskins and commands it to coalesce into a thick, billowing fog. He has the ability to direct it in whatever direction he pleases with basic gestures, inducing weak currents that nonetheless have the power to affect the speed and direction of those pushing through them. The denser the fog, the harder it is to force your way through it and the less visibility it grants to its hapless victims. (Kana can see through his own fog as though it were light mist.)

Conjure Flood - Kana gathers all the water in the area around him and then releases it, pushing and pulling it outwards and inwards. The ebb and flow of this water steadily gains power until Kana releases it, washing foes away in a deceptively powerful wave. Even a foot-tall wave of water can be dangerous if it's moving quickly enough.

History: Kana hails from the Somean Hills, a mountainous and volatile region of the world whose inhabitants carve out a meager living on the towering ridgelines. Someans in ancient times would pray to various gods of Lore for the health of their crops, but each time, they were left dry and hungry in the growing season. In the monsoon season, however, the sky would darken. Heavy storms rolled in from the vast ocean to the west, destroying crops and washing away entire tribes in horrific landslides. Devastating weather arrived in the rainy season, leaving in the dry season without a trace that it had ever existed - like the families and dwellings that it erased with its mighty power.

The first Tempestarii was a fae witch named Morgan, an explorer from distant lands who sliced through devastating storms and called gentle rains forth from barren skies. Her dances were beautiful, wreathed with faerie power, and her teachings eased the conflicting powers of the sky.

Years passed and truth faded to legend. Morgan ascended to legendary status and was added to the Somean pantheon as the mediator of disputes and goddess of fair weather. Tempestarii developed their nation into a beautiful, unified state. One day, however, the peace was ended by a devastating attack from the south. A warlike civilization marched forth to claim the Somean prosperity for their own, and they were successful despite the powerful sorcery of the Tempestarii. All of the "demons" were eradicated. Come the monsoon season, the attackers were repaid in kind by the fiercest storms the Somean Hills had ever seen.

Fifty years later, Kana has journeyed to Bren and the Elemental Championships, determined to discover the secrets of the Tempestarii whose heirlooms he holds and reclaim their power for his people. In time, he hopes that he may gather power as a weather-caller and teach others to conjure and pacify weather so that his people may reach their peak once more.
DF MQ  Post #: 12
7/14/2017 20:49:39   
  Starflame13

Alright! Two bios up officially, at at least half a dozen that I know are in the works. Let's review!

@TitanDragonLord - First off, I'm going to use this as an opportunity to remind people to NOT edit their bios after posting them. Since I hadn't gotten around to giving you feedback, it's ok this round, but from now on either live with any errors/typos, or clarify them in a separate post.

I really like what you have of Inigo so far, but I need a little more detail and description of the more physical aspects! Namely, add in an "equipment" section specifying what equipment/armor/weapons he is carrying with him. Spoiler-tagging the abilities is fine, but give us a bit more detail about what a spectator or competitor would see on him, and what Inigo would be able to utilize in the arena.

As you have spoiler-tagged your abilities, I will be sending you a PM with any necessary comments/clarifications needed. Not yet approved, but a good start! Post your new bio once updates and edits are made!

@Starstruck - Good to see you back for this round! On the whole, Kana is very well put together and I can't wait to see where you go with him, but a few minor edits are needed first.

I love the idea behind your Amulet of the Tempestarii, but I'm afraid that it crosses the line into cross-element powers due to the references to energy/lightening. You could potentially find a way to rework it within water, maybe by removing the lighting and changing the experience by those hit by the blast to feeling as though they were smacked/shoved by a wall of water? I'll leave it to you to play around with details if you want to find a way to make it work!

For your Shamanic Overcoat, does it's protective abilities extend equally to both natural and magical elements? If so, then you'll need to nerf it slightly by making it either less effective against magical attacks, or only good for a limited number of magical strikes. Otherwise it looks very well balanced.

Not approved, but almost there! Get a new bio up with those edits/clarifications, and you should be good.

A good start to the bios! Let's see if we can get a few more up over the weekend!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
7/15/2017 12:37:27   
TitanDragonLord

Thanks for the feedback, here's the updated bio for you!

Appearance:
Inigo is a slim, rather handsome looking young man with lightly tanned skin and fair hair. With dark blue pits that make up his irises, toned muscle across his body, and an air of confidence carried about him at all times, he stands out from the usual crowds. Beneath his clothing, a light scattering of healed burns and scars from his past dot his body, the majority of which wouldn't be noticed without close inspection.

Backstory:
The village Inigo grew up in did not fear fire as many did. They saw its capabilities to create, to refine, to spark a certain beauty that enamoured the residents for generations. But there were always those who saw how it did the opposite, how it burned, how it destroyed. These were the people who drew in youngsters for training and rituals, worshipping the gods for the blessing of the flame, the Brotherhood of the Dark Inferno. These were the people who first introduced Inigo to fire, drawn to his natural fighter’s spirit. They sought to control his untameable nature, his innate affinity combat and abilities in harnessing the magical flame, to make him their weapon in the coming crusade.

The tricksters who called themselves the elders of this order were not as powerful as they tried to have the villagers believe, and Inigo knew this better than any of them ever did. At the age of 13, he stood against them, challenging their authority, insisting he had mastered and transcended each and every one of their abilities, knowing that by staying tied to this group he was only going to be held back. He wanted to be strong, stronger than anyone, and these people had gone from his master to his enemy. Imagine their surprise when the flames they worshipped so much consumed them as hungrily as any other man, along with their entire headquarters, after a long and arduous battle with the young boy.

He was hailed a hero by the villagers, the slayer of tyrants, the breaker of chains, but that was never what he set out to become. He wanted to go out, to fight the strongest, to be the strongest, and at 18 that’s exactly what he did. He worked as a mercenary, travelling from town to city, slaying monsters and taking quite the list of names of those who would disrupt the relative peace of the world. Before long, he'd made a name for himself; some called him a villain, others called him a hero, and a select few calling him both.

He caught the eye of the forces for good after finding himself allied with them against an - up to that point - unstoppable horde of the undead, headed by an incredibly powerful necromancer. He hadn’t joined them because it was the right thing to do, he’d joined them because they were most likely to lose. It was he who struck down the necromancer, ultimately ignoring the vast swathes of lesser undead to charge the most powerful foes, besting each and every one he came across in a sea of flames. Since that day, and knowing the danger he posed to the peace of the world, he was placed on the watchlist of numerous organizations dedicated to maintaining the peace of the world, though haven't had reason to come to blows with him... yet.

Temperature Regulation: Inigo can control his body temperature between the most extreme temperatures, the lower limit of which being -70°C, with the ability to raise it up to 60°C, including skin’s surface, and can function normally at these heightened temperatures.

Fireform: Inigo’s body (including any held or worn items) temporarily sheds its physical state, to become the flame itself, rarely lasting for more than 5 seconds during combat, and when pushed to his absolute limit can use the move three times in a combat encounter without rest. Whilst in this form, he can enter and pass through the space of other creatures, and can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch if fire could pass through that space. In this state, he resists physical attacks made with conventional weapons, but can still be harmed by magical or elemental powers. In

Fatal Flare: A dome-shaped flare of fire enabled upon recovery from a knockback, allowing him to control his ‘flight’ whilst retaliating against his opponent. The radius of this dome is approximately 50ft, but flares to full power at 30ft., and quickly fades.

Dancing Magma Blade: When activated, a trail of flame follows behind his chosen weapon, that hangs in the air and on touched surfaces for a couple of seconds before dissipating into nothingness.

Dragon Fist: When unarmed or disarmed, by knocking his hands together a pair of heavy bundles of flame appear around each individual fist, increasing the force of and adding a burning element to his strikes. This spell lasts long enough to carry two full, uninterrupted, combo attacks before dissipating, requiring another cast of the spell to have them reappear.

Ripper Volley: Inigo can force manifested balls of fire from his mouth, with a range of 100ft with but limited to a straight trajectory. He has the option of forming one large ball, two smaller fireballs or a barrage of three even smaller fireballs with this technique, and can't repeatedly use the move without stopping for air between each assault. The fire is maintained with his breath, and is considerably less powerful when he is breathless, even prone to failing outright.

Smoke ‘n Mirrors: After the deconstruction of a fire technique, Inigo can form a smoke image of himself and/or other attacks. This smoke is magica in nature only in the manner that Inigo is able to morph it's image into the illusions that are designed to cause an opponent to flinch or to distract them from the real threat, but is otherwise physical meaning that smoke poisoning remains a constant danger for Inigo’s adversary.

Burst Nova: Cast as a tiny spark, this move takes the form of a ball of flame burning a bright orange, that latches onto surfaces upon contact. On activation, the ball explodes to release a swirling vortex of flame about 10 ft. in diameter, with just enough force to cause a foe to stagger or stumble for a moment.

Equipment:
Ashmaker: Inigo’s longsword, claimed from a dragon’s horde, has a vampiric effect in combat. The weapon transfers magical energy from an opponent's body to the wielders upon landing a hit, and was later refined by a master blacksmith to have a wicked edge that has since spilled the blood of many foes. The blade itself it rather ornate, a spectacular gold and silver piece that seems to have been the work of a royal smith or some such craftsman of history, with beautiful engravings along the blade and intricate patterns upon the hilt.

Dagger: As an emergency backup, Inigo carries a small, curved dagger on his belt at all times, though truthfully it rarely sees the light of day. There is little remarkable about this weapon, having come into his possession as a discarded weapon on a battlefield that had caught his eye for no reason in particular.

Armour: Relying more on mobility than taking heavy blows, Inigo wears light chainmail shirt underneath his rather plain cloth clothing, along with a pair of metal bracers that adorn his forearms for some added protection.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/15/2017 13:30:07   
Draycos777

Well, well. This is certainly interesting to come back too.
AQ  Post #: 15
7/15/2017 16:30:31   
  Starflame13

Welcome, Draycos! And to all, I will endeavor to be online either on the forums or on the IRC channel #RPooc as much as possible over the weekend, to answer questions as people finalize bios.

On to reviews!

@TitanDragonLord - Thanks so much for the added detail in clarification! A few small things that still need to be adjusted, but you're almost there!

First, Fire Form. I think you must have mistyped or had a copy/paste fail, as it cuts off mid sentence and doesn't include some of the edits and clarifications we discussed. Let's get the updated version in for that in the next round!

The other issue is, with the addition of Burst Nova, you now have a LOT of Area-of-Effect abilities between Burst Nova and Fatal Flare (and technically Ripper Volley, too). Given how Burst Nova is focused on your spark and Fatal Flare is centered around you, it should be a workable combo if you decrease the range of fatal flare. (I'd say 10/15 feet if you want my opinion on exact numbers, but flavor-wise just more of a short to mid-range ability than a long-range ability). If you have other thoughts on ways to limit that, let me know in the next update!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
7/15/2017 18:50:31   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Name: Teras Rukoli, the Iron Mantis
Race: Basilli Phas
Element: Energy

Appearance: Teras is something of an imposing sight, not least because of his height. The Basilli Phas stands just under seven feet, though his slenderness belies a wiry strength. He appears to be some manner of human-insect hybrid. His chitinous skin is a pale green with the faintest tinge of blue, covered with a subtle matte texturing that almost resembles small, fine hairs. To human eyes, Teras’ head is rather oddly shaped. It is almost triangular, featuring a long, beaky nose and two psuedo-horns where the base of his antennae had once attached to his skull. He also has a pair of matched oblong scars, starting at the corners of his mouth and angling up to just under the bony plates below his dark eyes. The scars are a legacy of an old surgery that removed the vestigial mandibles many Basilli have in conjunction with a “normal” human-style mouth. Teras had both the mandibles and his antennae removed at a young age, the former because they were atrophied, and the latter because he found that their use, and the heightened state of perception accompanying them, made him extremely sick.

The Basilli Phas’ lanky frame comes equipped with two pairs of arms, the second set of which emerge from just above the midpoint of his torso. This second set of arms is slightly shorter than the primary set, and combined with Teras’ height, presents an interesting set of sartorial challenges. That is to say nothing of the fact that his abdomen flares out slightly behind him at his hips, almost resembling a suitcoat’s tails, through their armored nature can make sitting in backed chairs a chore. Thankfully, he mostly sidesteps the issue of tailoring. Being covered in a skin that is tantamount to armor has the advantage of requiring little in the way of covering. In Teras’ case, that consists mainly of a long black tunic modified for his secondary arms and loose black shorts, both accented along their hems with patterns sewn in a thread that matches his natural coloration. His feet are bare, with two large triangular toes to the fore and a long spike-like heel spur.

Equipment: Teras is armed primarily with a pair of three-foot, single-edged and slightly curved blades with knuckle duster-style hilts. His secondary arms are occupied by a small pair of elongated teardrop shields that cover those limbs from hand to elbow. This primary set of weapons is utilized for a graceful, whirling combat style focused on fluid movement.

While the Basilli Phas is most adept at close-range combat, he is also well versed in grappling and wrestling techniques. At his waist are a pair of mailbreakers, eight-inch metal spikes with oblong oval grips, useful for driving through weak points in armor. Teras also wears a set of metal greaves set with short spikes, each featuring a larger tine projecting from the knee plate. Together with the mailbreakers and his naturally armored forearms, this means he can generally fall back on grappling if the situation makes his primary armament ungainly.

Abilities: Teras hails from lands far from Bren, lands where magic is both far less common and far less powerful. As a result, his gear, though well made and expertly maintained, is utterly mundane. The same can not quite be said for the Basilli Phas. Some strain of magic is woven through Teras, manifesting itself as a field of ever so faintly noticeable static about his person. The field is entirely harmless, and extended contact results, at worst, in a higher incidence of static discharge for those within.

The Basilli Phas, however, receives two notable benefits from the field. The first is a very faint awareness of intelligent life within the field itself, which is felt as a gentle tingling along his skin associated with the direction in which the person in question stands relative to Teras. The strength of the feeling is proportional to the distance to the person. Thus, if Teras was around a corner from someone, he could be quite certain there was someone there, but it would be much harder for him to recognize the presence of someone twenty feet away from him, at the limits of his field’s reach.

As can be inferred, population density can make this “feeling” a problem, and cities or other heavily populated areas can be discomfiting as a result of the sheer amount of feedback produced by so many persons in such close proximity to Teras. This was the major reason he had his antennae docked at a young age. The enhanced perception from these feelers amplified the field’s feedback to the point that the Basilli Phas was bedridden for a week after the power first manifested.

A second, and rather more useful, benefit of the field is a prescience regarding dangers to Teras’ person. These warnings are not always clear as regards the direction from which the danger is coming, though the degree of the danger in question is proportional to the accuracy of the warning. For example, should someone throw a dagger at Teras’ back, he would feel a vague, disquieting sensation like pins and needles along his neck and shoulders. If someone fired a crossbow at his head, the sensation would manifest itself rather in the manner of a spike being driven into him from the direction the shot is travelling from. It is a useful skill insofar as assisting the Basilli Phas in messy engagements, though it certainly leaves something to be desired in terms of comfort.

This second ability only functions at a range of five or more feet from Teras’ person, something which is perhaps a blessing in disguise. While it means he would not have any forewarning of a strike from a sword or knife directed at his back, it is also fairly obvious when someone in front of him is trying to bash his brains out with a warhammer. The possible distraction of feeling the hit before it happens might well result in him taking the hit rather than blocking it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
7/16/2017 1:32:59   
  Starflame13

One week down, and got a few really promising bios in and lots more on the way!

@Kellehendros - Welcome back to the EC's! Very intriguing character you've created this year. Might be a challenge going with a very martial, magically limited character, but then, I'm sure your more than up to it. No edits from me, so approved!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
7/16/2017 7:32:26   
Axicia

Name: Michelle Verona
Race:Human

Appearance:
Michelle is a slim, pale woman with long, straight red hair and a pair of matching eyes. She is rather short, standing at four foot eleven and combined with her habit of dressing up with colorful dresses, a distinct lack of curves on her body, and her habit of pretending to be a little girl, she is sometimes perceived as far younger than she really is.

She has no visible scars, although there are patches of slightly darker skin on her body. Her hand is always covered with black gloves, and a white hibiscus decoration adorns her head.

When it is time to get serious, she wears an outfit more suitable for combat. She retains her gloves, but she forgoes her dresses for an outfit that allows her more freedom in combat. She wears a navy blue jacket with thin white shirt underneath, and a pair of black trousers along with matching combat boots.

Abilities:
Immunity
Due to her nature, she is immune to the heat and she won't feel any detrimental effects from any high temperature places. However, she can still be hurt by fire, as her immunity only negates the heat effects, not the burn wounds.

Spirit Flare
Manifested through the hibiscus flower decoration on her head. She uses the flower to channel her fire powers and create a blinding ray of light. The effect lasts for ten seconds.

Life Materialization
She pulls out the flame within her to create crystals as hard as diamonds. The crystals retain heat, and can be used for close and far-range combat. Her fire is limited in supply, and as a result she is only able to create so many before she gets exhausted and she'll even risk her own death if he pushes herself beyond that. This is why she uses her gloves - they allow her to conserve her power.

Her power works better when the crystals are manifested close to her as she pulls the fire from her own life force. When the crystals are manifested far from her, they become more brittle and their heat will be reduced significantly, rendering them useless.

spoiler:

Reversal Defense
She waits until her opponent comes close enough to her, and when they strike, fire crystals will protrude from the attacked part. The crystals spreads to her opponent's weapon, body part, or whatever touches her, rendering the weapon useless, the body part unusable, and lets her perform a counterattack. If a weapon is affected by this ability, the opponent will have no choice but drop the weapon or risk their limbs getting affected.

Equipment:
Betrayer:
A magical item commissioned from a weaponsmith of unknown origin. It is able to emit orange light when fire magic is channeled into it, giving her the means to light dark places. Its color can change at Michelle's will, and she chose white in order to add to her innocent image she sometimes use when doing her missions, and a personal satisfaction from a form of irony that comes with the name she gave the item. In combat, she can give the item a sudden burst of fire magic, creating a blinding light to confuse her opponent(s).

War Wolf's Gloves:
Made from finely crafted fake metal fur coated with the skin of Fire Imps, she obtained it from a client of hers, who asked her to clear out an invasion of monsters. The monsters dropped small gems burning with deathly cold fire, which she collected and traded for the gloves she always wears. In combat, the Fire Imp skin allows her to distribute her flames better, which means she can create her fire crystals more efficiently. Most commonly used to create crystals on the tips of her fingers.

spoiler:

Heron
A small, personalized white crossbow that can be concealed. The crossbow has no special properties.

History:
A survivor of the devastating Fire War in Battleon, she was saved from death by fire after she found a fragment of the fire orb. The fragment fused to her soul and burned endlessly, keeping her alive but tying her very being to said fire. Her hair and eyes turned to the color of fire, and she wandered the ruins in search of survivors. None of her family survived the incident, she found their bodies buried beneath rubble. Her mother, her sister… Her father's corpse was nowhere to be seen, however.

She was taken to the refugee camp, and subsequently housed there as a survivor. Due to her lack of knowledge about her nature at that time, she ended up incinerating one tent, leaving her as an exhausted, quivering child in the middle of roaring flames. Realizing that she was at fault, she mustered up enough energy, just enough to get far enough away from the tent burning to cinders. It would later be discovered and chalked up to another attack from the rampaging, loose fire elementals they were currently battling against. She fled, traversing the forests, hunting and eating everything she could find from Clawkins, Boveoxes, to Tuskmongers that are unlucky enough to be roasted by her fire. For quite a while, she hunted in the forest for sustenance by sneaking and roasting the target from behind, taking advantage of her small size. This careless use of her power tired her quickly, to the point sometime she would black out for a while after a hunt.

Years pass, and after the Fire War settled down, she started to emerge from the forest. She does odd jobs from time to time, from hunting criminals, obtaining alchemy ingredients, and hunting for materials. Over time, she accumulated enough to buy her own house and collect dresses, her unaging body allowing her to pretend as a little girl and indulge herself in what she could not enjoy in her childhood and disguise herself for her more… unsavory missions involving assassinations. She assisted people, both good and bad, in their missions, as long as their interests coincide with her interests. She cleared monsters invading Dragesvard and The Sandsea, she helped people seeking to torture the Great Ice Dragon, all for her sake and her sake alone. She wanders through Lore, collecting things, making profit, and doing whatever she wants, even as the heroes, antimagical factions, and evil forces chase after her.
Post #: 19
7/16/2017 10:50:09   
TitanDragonLord

Here's hoping this is the last one now!

Appearance:
Inigo is a slim, rather handsome looking young man with lightly tanned skin and fair hair. With dark blue pits that make up his irises, toned muscle across his body, and an air of confidence carried about him at all times, he stands out from the usual crowds. Beneath his clothing, a light scattering of healed burns and scars from his past dot his body, the majority of which wouldn't be noticed without close inspection.

Backstory:

He caught the eye of the forces for good after finding himself allied with them against an - up to that point - unstoppable horde of the undead, headed by an incredibly powerful necromancer. He hadn’t joined them because it was the right thing to do, he’d joined them because they were most likely to lose. It was he who struck down the necromancer, ultimately ignoring the vast swathes of lesser undead who in turn decimated the armies of good, abandoning them to charge the most powerful foes, besting each and every one he came across in a sea of flames. Since that day, knowing the danger he posed to the world, he was placed on the watchlist of numerous organizations dedicated to maintaining peace, though haven't had reason to come to blows with him... yet.

Heat Core: Inigo can control his body temperature between the most extreme temperatures, the lower limit of which being -70°C, with the ability to raise it up to 60°C, including skin’s surface, and can function normally at these heightened temperatures.

Fireform: Inigo’s body (including any held or worn items) temporarily sheds its physical state, becoming flame itself, lasting no more than 5 seconds before returning to his normal body. As a taxing ability on his magical supply, he can use this spell no more than 3 times at an absolute limit without recuperation. Whilst in this form, he can enter and pass through the space of other creatures, and can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch if fire could pass through that space. In this state, he resists physical attacks made with conventional weapons, but could still be harmed by magical or elemental powers.

Fatal Flare: A dome-shaped flare of fire enabled upon recovery from a knockback, allowing him to control his ‘flight’ whilst retaliating against his opponent. The radius of this dome is approximately 20ft, but flares to full power at 10ft., and quickly fades.

Dragon Fist: When unarmed or disarmed, by knocking his hands together a pair of heavy bundles of flame appear around each individual fist, increasing the force of and adding a burning element to his strikes. This spell lasts long enough to carry two full, uninterrupted, combo attacks before dissipating, requiring another cast of the spell to have them reappear.

Ripper Volley: Inigo can force manifested balls of fire from his mouth, with a range of 100ft with but limited to a straight trajectory. He has the option of forming one large ball, two smaller fireballs or a barrage of three even smaller fireballs with this technique, and can't repeatedly use the move without stopping for air between each assault. The fire is maintained with his breath, and is considerably less powerful when he is breathless, even prone to failing outright.

Smoke ‘n Mirrors: After the deconstruction of a fire technique, Inigo can form a smoke image of himself and/or other attacks. This smoke is magical in nature only in the manner that Inigo is able to morph it's image into the illusions that are designed to cause an opponent to flinch or to distract them from the real threat, but is otherwise physical meaning that smoke poisoning remains a constant danger for Inigo’s adversary.

Burst Nova: Cast as a tiny spark, this move takes the form of a ball of flame burning a bright orange, that latches onto surfaces upon contact. On activation, the ball explodes to release a swirling vortex of flame about 10 ft. in diameter, with just enough force to cause a foe to stagger or stumble for a moment.

Equipment:
Ashmaker: Inigo’s longsword, claimed from a dragon’s horde, has a vampiric effect in combat. The weapon transfers magical energy from an opponent's body to the wielders upon landing a hit, and was later refined by a master blacksmith to have a wicked edge that has since spilled the blood of many foes. The blade itself it rather ornate, a spectacular gold and silver piece that seems to have been the work of a royal smith or some such craftsman of history, with beautiful engravings along the blade and intricate patterns upon the hilt.

Dagger: As an emergency backup, Inigo carries a small, curved dagger on his belt at all times, though truthfully it rarely sees the light of day. There is little remarkable about this weapon, having come into his possession as a discarded weapon on a battlefield that had caught his eye for no reason in particular.

Armour: Relying more on mobility than taking heavy blows, Inigo wears light chainmail shirt underneath his rather plain cloth clothing, along with a pair of metal bracers that adorn his forearms for some added protection.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/16/2017 16:49:52   
Caststarter

Expecting an edit here or there but hey, time to return here. Now, who wants a dish made right out of lightning?

Name: Prota Wavis

Element: Energy

Appearance: She is of regular height and build. Her lustrous blonde hair is tied up in a knot upwards, as to not get tangled. Normally it is down to right below her neck line as well as no bangs. She wears distinctively heavy clothing, due to from the frozen frontier she hails from. It consists of a short vibrant, yellow scarf that hides her lower face. Her coat is tailored for the frontier, as it contains some fur and other materials made for insulation for both heat and electricity. Her leather padded leg gear and leather-laced boots shares this trait. She adorns herself with a feathered, white cap with a yellow feather mainly for fashion.

Equipment:

Longbow:
An ornate longbow with fur at the ends with a custom metal string. It is made for both accuracy and distance as well as power.

Arming sword: A standard sword made for close encounters, able to block and parry attacks and swiftly deliver a counter-attack if need be.

Swordbreaker: A simple defense-dagger that can catch bladed attacks to lock opponents. Otherwise just meant to help block attacks in general.

Pocket Watch: Placed in her coat pocket. What you expect. Though Prota can have a habit of thwacking an opponent with it to just demoralize them, as well as send them reeling due to its weight.

Spells:

Most of her spells revolve around placing lightning arrows she shoots out from her bow, setting up traps or control opponents so they can barely traverse across the area safely.

Golden leaf separation: Lines of lightning occurs between arrow shots which are then forced apart to make the shape bigger.They have to make a shape of some sort with no lines inside. If two, just a normal line.

Ohm’s Law: If an enemy is struck by an arrow, it is possible to send a charge, while not lethal, throughout their body to send them reeling. If they were to resist it, it instead becomes stronger exponentially to the point that it might become lethal. It can also jump to others, albeit weaker, including Prota.

Solar flare: As if the sun is attacking the planet itself, Prota can fire an arrow into the sky with a shown trajectory where once it lands it causes a small electrical explosion.

Maxwell’s foundation: A lightning storm is conjured within the shape made by arrows with golden leaf separation that aims to disorient and punish enemies inside.

Rings of Gauss: With two arrows in play, the two hover above the ground at normal knee length where they swiftly orbit against each other farther and farther apart then dissipate rapidly after a few seconds.

Lorentz’s Derivation: A small beam is fired out away from the corners of the shape made from the arrows for a short distance. But then splits into two and double back inwards to create an elongated oval shape that reaches to the center.

The most complicated shape can be an octagon.

Background: Prota is a prefect that governs a decently-size area. There she delves in development policies concerning science. She held this position for quite a number of years since she was 26. This is the position she has though for times of peace.

Otherwise she is a small-scale tactician that allows generals victory.

She was raised by a well-read single father who cared for her very-well being. The two of them only had a modest income so they mainly kept to themselves. Her father was still an esteemed energy mage, albeit one rather ordinary mage.Many years ago however, her area was threaten by a bandit upsurge and her father was drafted for his intellect. While the knights succeeded, her father did not come back alive due to a raid on a camp. Alone, with a heighten sense of need, she went back through her father’s books in order to find a way to live on her own.

She first offered up many inventions however they failed right below standards and she was outcompeted easily. Then she looked into how to develop her own magical prowness, in the event she needed to defend herself. Then history repeated itself where she too was drafted for her intellect. This time however, she would not allow the same thing to happen to her as did to her father. She practiced her strategies against other tacticians. At first she failed constantly but with practice came ability.

She was able to compete against even well-regarded minds due to steadfast nature and need to improve herself to so-called impossible heights.

Now, she was asked to represent her area to bring glory to her nation in the elemental championships.

Basic Personality: Prota can come off as snide to her opponents mainly due to her snark, sarcasm, and insults in general. However, this is to force her opponents to have their emotions to take control and forget what her plans might be.

Otherwise she is quite peppy though mindful of the situation at hand. However, her time as a tactician caused her to abandon the idea of honor in mind. Do everything to win is the only concern.
DF  Post #: 21
7/16/2017 20:39:20   
Necro-Knight

Name: Sir Gervase Irven

Race: Winter Fairy (Unseelie)

Element: Ice

Appearance: As a Winter Fae, Gervase is tall and thin, averaging at a rough 7-feet (3.3 meters) and his muscles are wound tight from centuries in the service of the Winter Queen. His skin is a cool shade of blue, like a dark Winter evening sky, and his hair a strong shade of turquoise, cut short and combed tight against his skull to help his helmet fit into place. His ears are sharpened slightly at the tips, aiding in his inhuman appearance. His eyes are a crystalline-white, glowing silver in low light, adding a sharp contrast to his dark skin and jagged cheekbones. His armor is a multi-layered suit, featuring intertwining silver plates in a curving fashion around his torso and limbs, all made to offer as much protection as possible without restricting the Fae’s graceful style.

The chain mail beneath is a snow-white and the cloth layers covering his skin is a strong teal to represent the chill of the winter months. The armor plating features winter carvings consisting of wooden branches arcing across the breastplate and snowflakes dotting the edges and curves to assist in portraying his royal status as the Winter Queen’s chosen herald.

Rarely shown outside of royal ceremonies or the rage of battle, Sir Irven’s wings are sharp and geometric, almost as if his Queen had blessed him with a snowflake’s beauty around his shoulders. Like most fairy wings of the Winter season, his wings are a crystal-blue and mostly transparent, extending about three feet in span from his body.

History: Gervase wasn’t always a member of the Winter Court’s Elite Sentinel’s. Born into the royal Irven household, a place far from the Court’s usual influence, Gervase was naturally skilled at combat. Like his family before him, the Winter Fae was trained and sharpened into a weapon of ice-cold precision. As the years went on, the young fighter was taken to a gathering of other swordsmen to perform for the Court themselves and show the Irven Houses next great Knight. There, he met the current prince and princess, Soreth and Sorea,. The princess, her skin a deep cold blue and hair a pristine white with curls at the tips, struck the fae harder than any sword or burst of magic ever had. Within a few days, he realized it was not only her beauty that led him to her. It was her soul. She looked cold and reserved, but upon requesting to meet her, he found the princess of the Winter Court to be welcoming of her admirer.

The two spent much time together after the event when Gervase wasn’t performing or leading political matters for his household. He often enjoyed watching the Princess paint with winter pastels or engaging in rigorous games of chess. He often let the beautiful fae win, but a handful of times, he’d simply sat there stunned as her clever strategy caught him off-guard. Seeing the connection forming like ice upon a cold lake, the soon-to-be-King requested if Gervase would like to be appointed as Sorea’s personal Knight. Two allied royal families would only be stronger together, after all. Both Knight and Princess gladly accepted the proposal.

Gervase met her every need without hesitation and she was simply stunned by the young Fae’s dedication. No knight had ever shown such a devotion to her needs, always remaining the usual cold and stoic way that was so common for their people, simply answering requests when made. Gervase, on the other, hand showed an almost unending initiative to make the Princess’ life as pleasant as possible while her brother managed the Courts and political affairs.

Very shortly after becoming King, Soreth was informed of multiple village burnings at the hands of the rival Court of Summer, and the fiery army was only moving closer to the Court’s kingdom as the herald spoke. Conflict between the opposing seasons was not unheard of, and Sorea’s brother was quick to prove himself. As a royal Knight, Gervase was conscripted without a choice, and despite his princess’ worried eyes as he left in the formation, he assured her he would return.

“Nothing can keep me from you, m’lady, not even death.”

Where the Winter Court came with knights and soldiers, the Summer fae brought less honorable individuals to the battlefront. Ogres, trolls, pixies and other nefarious creatures swept down upon the Winter fae with burning ferocity. The battle was a ferocious and nightmarish thing, shaking the foundations of the seasonal balance as Summer clashed with Winter. Gervase fought alongside his lady’s brother, but when a set of ogres beared down upon them, Sir Irven was badly wounded in the fight and King Soreth, killed.

After the retreat back to the kingdom, Sorea swept to his side, both from his terrible pain from the war and for news of her brother, as not many had returned from the fighting. With a heavy heart, he informed her of the great King’s death, and inevitably, how she had just become Queen. She had never taken the time to learn the political side of the Court, always having Soreth for such things, and the now-Queen wept at her guardian’s side.

Adding to their torment, as Queen, Gervase would no longer be able to stay as her personal guardian, as the new royal guard would be taking over that role. The Knight’s icy exterior finally shattered and a panic took him for a moment at the thought of another man at her side and in a pained cry, he acted out of desperation.

He irrevocably relinquished everything. His royal house, his lands and people, all political power; he cast everything to her in a desperate attempt to stay with his beautiful Queen. His lady was the only thing he desired in his life, and if he could not stay at her side, he had no desire for anything else. He suggested marriage, but Sorea quickly refused such an extreme option. It would look terrible upon her to marry a knight, especially with having such little experience as Queen, and may risk turning the Court against her. Outside of a royal marriage, Gervase did not know of any other ways for him to stay at her side, but as she occasionally did in their chess games, the Queen surprised him with her wit. She would appoint him as her Captain of the Guard, making him the highest-ranking Knight of the Court, and her personal bodyguard.

After he and the rest of the Winter soldiers healed and the new Queen was appointed officially, Sorea wasted no time at announcing her new royal captain and remained stoic at her side as the war with the Summer Court continued. Hidden in her quarters or behind curtains though, the Queen and her Captain melted into each other’s embrace, a secret love fueling the greatest Queen the Winter Court in history, and the most devoted and protective Knight at her side. Through uncanny and unorthodox methods, the Winter Queen and Royal Captain pushed the Summer seelie fae back out of their lands and reinstated security for their land.

Personality: Gervase, like most Winter fae, has a very cold and stoic attitude with anyone outside of the Court itself, though the howling winter’s fury is buried deep within. Gervase has very little sympathy or flexibility when it comes to other races or species he comes across, simply accepting them as either a part of the cycle he must live with, or a foe he must dispatch. This coldness only grows more prominent in combat, as he works silently and swiftly to cut down targets with a razor-edged efficiency.

With his Queen, Gervase is no less reserved, though he does become far more attuned and makes a point to listen to every syllable his Queen speaks, as well as obeying every command or meeting every desire.

After his time in the war, Sir Irven suffered post-traumatic episodes, sending him screaming back to the fields of fire, ice and pain. Certain triggers, such as smoke and fire, led to such panic attacks and incapacitated him on a few occasions. Only his Queen had been able to free him from the nightmare, but since the war’s end, the fae believes he has wrestled down the scars left on his psyche.

Equipment/Belongings:

Queen’s Wrath: Gervase has an array of weapons that he obtained after being promoted to Captain of the Royal Guard. His main tool and preferred weapon of choice is an enchanted staff, roughly about six feet (two meters) in length and ending in a pointed tip. Magically blessed by his Queen of Winter, Gervase is able to channel his chilling power through the staff to form a variety of weapons upon its surface. A few examples are a dual-ended blade with edges of ice, an icicle-tipped spear and a heavy-headed mace. The weapon-forming process takes a very minimal amount of energy to perform, but depending on the complexity of the weapon, the ice may need a moment to form completely.

Queen’s Judgement: Criss-crossed over his back are a pair of short-swords, roughly three feet in length, with blades crystal-blue in color and hilts a sterling navy-blue. Also enhanced in a similar fashion, the blades can act as a simple focus for Sir Irven’s power or coat themselves in ice for added force or crushing power.

Winter’s Bite: The knight of Winter’s last weapon is a pair of daggers strapped to the outer thighs of his legs, held snug in a set of black scabbards. The daggers have no magical properties and can be used for throwing or extremely close-quarters combat if all else is lost.

Armor: Sir Irven’s armor was later enhanced to resist the fire magics wielded by the Summer Court, and is the same set he wore when King Soreth died, simply improved and blessed to better protect his Queen’s knight.

Queen’s Bracelet: Strapped to his left arm bracer is a shield-buckler that, when not in use, is a very simple trinket with a silver color, but when empowered, changes entirely. When Gervase forces his will into the tool, a shield about a meter wide forms and thickens to provide an extra layer of protection. Using the moisture in the air, the shield can reform over time from minor cuts and blows, but extreme force or power would shatter it, forcing Gervase to wait for the bracelet to recover from the shock of the broken spell.

Abilities/Powers

Queen’s Nails: As an Ice Fae, Gervase has control over the element of ice, allowing him to shape and direct it, as well as form it from the moisture of the air. Doing so, he solidifies a jagged spear of ice about three feet in length and launches it at his target.

Walls of the Irven: Projecting a blast of ice from his shield, Irven forms a five-foot tall, 2 foot-thick wall of ice in front of himself. This takes the energy from his bracelet, forcing it into its recharging state afterwards.

Howl of Winter: Unleashing a roar, the sound is like shattering glass and ice and meant to deafen his opponent and leave them stunned.

White-slicers: Focusing, Gervase forms and launches a set of snowflake-shaped throwing blades at his target, built to deliver a freezing chill once they impact their intended location.

Winter’s Embrace: From the palms of his hands, Sir Irven releases a cold fog that extends out about 20 meters. This fog is used as both a tool of confusion and concealment as well as a way to reduce the temperature to relative freezing levels, reducing the amount of energy Gervase needs to form other ice abilities.

White Wings:
Forming his fae wings, Gervase gathers a blast of frigid air and uses it to propel himself backwards about 10 yards while sending the freezing winds forward into his target. When he lands, his wings again fade as holding extended flight with his armor is too straining.

Creeping Frost: Slamming his feet onto the ground, the Winter fae is able to unleash a spreading ice across the ground in a radius of about five yards, to disrupt footing and balance.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
7/16/2017 21:35:55   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Amusingly, the new can sometimes catalyze the old stories to finally reach a proper conclusion. Yes, I am around. Yes I am debating entry into this year's, though I am conflicted by the potential need to help Starflame adjust to the sum total venture that is Directorship. We shall see...
AQ  Post #: 23
7/16/2017 22:50:06   
Dragonknight315

Name: Alastasia Mayvendel
Element: Water
Race: Half Human, Half Slime-kin.
Appearance: Alastasia normally appears like an average human combatant. In her base form, she stands at 5 feet, 8 inches, and weighs around 150 pounds. She has pale white skin, short and pulled back blonde hair, and purple eyes. Alastasia wears mostly plate armor with chainmail exposed around her neck and shoulders. Across her armor, tiny holes dot the armor to allow her slime to pass through from anywhere. Strapped to her waist with belts, she carries a small pouch on her right side and her sword's sheathe on the right. A thin silvery-metallic tattoo starts below her right eye that flows down and stops at her neck. Under her armor, the tattoos appear again around her navel where her slime core would be located. When she melts her skin, her body turns into a dense yet translucent pink gel. The slime is lighter than her normal state, but it holds its own weight and doesn't run or drip. Her slime core is exposed in this form, taking on the form of a darker purple egg. When she changes the properties of her slime, it can take on an even denser form that resembles mercury. Completely opaque and grey, the metallic gel constantly ripples like waves in a puddle.

Biography: Alastasia was never meant to be. Her mother, queen of a small nation of mostly mages and shamans, was barren. After endless hours of meditation and prayer, nothing worked. In desperation, she made a pact with an evil water spirit. The darkness entered her heart, and for the first time, the queen felt peace. Months later, Alastasia was born. In the eyes of her mother and "father," she was their miracle child. On the surface, she was to be expected, taking well to her teachings as crown princess. However, it became apparent that she was not fully human. Stripes of metal would ripple across her skin. Bruises healed within minutes. The people saw this as a manifestation of the elements, but the queen feared that her secret would come to light. The spirit had warped the once benevolent queen into a paranoid tyrant, threatening even her closest supporters. When Alastasia was thirteen, uprisings broke out across the land. The magic that filled the streets no longer lingered. Eris, Alastasia's personal bodyguard, saw the writing on the wall. She convinced the princess to leave with her.

Days after the two fled, soldiers were storming the castle; the mob’s wrath claimed the queen’s life. Although she was miles away, Alastasia felt a chill in her core. That night as she slept, an unknown voice called to her. It was the spirit, and he had returned to claim its daughter. He explained everything to Alastasia’s horror. She was no child of the elements; she was a monster. And with an outstretched hand, he spoke: “You are alone, and I am your master. Only I can make you whole. Serve me as your mother did, and I shall free you.” But she stepped back and swayed her head. This is not what her mother would have wanted.

When she awoke, Alastasia swore vengeance. She spent the next few years roaming the countryside with Eris, hunting for any trace of the spirit. At first she was disgusted with herself and refused to tap into her monster side. But as the duo continued their quest, she befriended people of all backgrounds and ideals. She realized that her powers could be used for good. This was no longer about revenge or redemption. By the time she was twenty-three, she had mastered everything Eris could have taught her, and after a decade of searching, she found the spirit and destroyed it.

Two years later, Alastasia was resting at home in a countryside town when she heard rumors passing through. A fabled championship across the seas where combatants vie for glory. To the winner, a single wish. Her eyes were locked on the mirror in front of her. With each passing day, she could see more and more of her mother in the reflection. Deep within her heart, she wanted to see her mother again, if only for a brief moment. While others would have ignored the rumors, Alastasia simply could not let this pass. She packed up her belongings and headed out.

Personality: While once reserved and brooding, Alastasia has opened up after her quest. To strangers, she shows a healthy scepticism but tries to respect them and give the benefit of the doubt. That being said, she comfortable with fighting and will play dirty if she has to. She’s very much a goals-orientated person, putting her sole focus in whatever task she chooses.

Weapon Proficiency: Trained by her bodyguard Eris, Alastasia is comfortable using tools such as spears, bows, knives, and shields. However, she specialises in combat with her sword. She was never trained in magic and instead relies on her biology to fight.

Biology: Due to the circumstances around Alastasia’s birth, she is biologically half-human, half-slime. She has three states of being, each with its own separate properties.
HUMAN: This is Alastasia’s base form. She appears completely human, and her biology is identical to a regular human with a few exceptions. She does not have a brain, instead having a dense core near her navel. It roughly serves the same purpose, controlling her body, but it also stores and releases fluids to be used by her body. Any damage to her core is likely fatal as she cannot exist without it. She also does not have lungs, unable to drown in normal water. However, if the water is dense enough or completely under the control of someone else, it can flood her body and prevent her from altering her form. If she runs low on fluids, she will not be able to use her abilities. Over time, she will become sluggish and dizzy before finally collapsing, paralyzed until she refreshes her reserves. While in her human state, if someone catches off guard and wounds her, she will bleed blood like a normal human. Lastly, she is affect by magic like a regular person in this state. Fire burns, ice freezes, etc etc. The only exceptions are water (as mentioned before), and energy. Energy will go straight through her due and will be even more effective than normal.

SLIME: Alastasia can voluntarily melt parts of her body into a dense yet flexible pink gel. This process takes mass in the form of water to perform. While small applications of this will use next to no water, any extended or dramatic use can eat away into her reserves. While in this form, Alastasia is translucent, and her slime core is visible. Ordinary objects and strikes can pass right through her if she chooses, but she has to concentrate and use resources to do this. This is the only state in which she can quickly absorb water, but any bodies larger than a pond will dilute her body, risking the chance of her core being separated from her body. (For the sake of the EC's, she should not be able to absorb any significant or otherwise excluded source of water generated by the arena. The same goes for water magically generated by other combatants unless stated otherwise.)During this state, she is weaker to most typical magic, but she rarely melts her whole body, preferring to only change small parts.

MERCURY: Slimes are normally able to change the entire composition of their slime. However, due to being half-human, Alastasia does not have complete control in this way. However, she is able to adjust the composition to be close to mercury. It’s still liquid and is not metal, only imitating it. It’s far denser and heavier than her other two states. She typically uses this ability to create pseudo-metallic objects or as a defensive wall to protect her weak spots. Using this ability takes more fluid to change into than any other transition, so like her slime form, it’s used in moderation. Her body is harder to dilute with water in this form, but it’s still possible. Energy magic is still dangerous, but she has stronger resistances against elements like wind and earth from her density. Notably, fire magic is a strange case. If she hit with fire, her body can start to boil, but it won’t do that much damage. The real danger is that it can heat up her slime core, destroying it.

Abilities:
Body Manipulation: Alastasia can concentrate and voluntarily change the composition of her body as stated above. She can turn her hands into pink slime to catch a fragile object, but might turn them into metal to deliver a powerful punch. Her most common use of this is to turn part of her body into her mercury state to tank a powerful strike. As stated before, this uses her water reserves, and prolonged use will drain her.

Regeneration: If Alastasia is damaged, she can repair her body by releasing water from her core to fill in any wounds. Light scars can heal quickly, but regeneration of entire limbs will take a moment and use a large portion of her reserves.

Object creation: Alastasia’s main combat tool is her ability to detach parts of her body and manipulate them. For example, she can create a ball of metallic slime in her gloves and throw it at the enemy. This has some significant weight and can knock an opponent off balance. It will splatter on impact, spreading over the target’s body to try and weigh them down. This can be used strategically to bind someone’s arms or legs, disarm them, or potentially suffocate them. Creating these objects will use up her reserves, and the larger the object, the more energy it uses. Her common uses of this include extending a shield from her gauntlet, protruding spikes from her body which can be shot out, and repairing her sword and armor. Note, these objects are not entirely solid. They can be diluted with water, and she has limited control over their shape/composition as distance increases from her. The maximum effective range for this is about 20 yards, with her losing complete control over her objects at 40 yards where they melt into a puddle.

spoiler:

Absorption and Suffocation: Alastasia can break down and absorb matter into her body. Normally, this ability cannot be used as it requires a large volume of her pink slime to do this. However, if pressured, Alastasia can attempt to throw herself at the enemy in her pink slime form and wrap around them, suffocating them in an attempt to absorb their organic matter as fuel for her abilities. This process is quick, taking around three minutes if the process is uninterrupted and the target cannot struggle. The more the target struggles, the longer it takes. If it is successfully completed, Alastasia will return to her regular human form with her reserves partially restored. Inorganic matter cannot be absorbed this way. Additionally, she can absorb fluids from her fallen enemy if the corpse is left mostly undamaged, but she remains far less water this way.

Belongings: Alastasia wears plate armor with chainmail underneath, the chainmail being visible around the neck and shoulders. Tiny holes are scattered across her armor to allow slime to run though. The metal is comparable to steel, except somewhat lighter. Her weapon of choice is her Hand-and-a-Half broadsword. Both her armor and broadsword are enchanted to be absorbable and repairable with her slime without much of a resource cost. In her pouch are two canteens of water, some flint shards, and a sheathed dagger in case she is disarmed and low on resources.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 24
7/16/2017 23:54:15   
  Starflame13

And here comes the weekend rush of bios! Looking good so far, lets get some more up this coming week! On to reviews

@Axicia - Interesting concept for how your character developed their fire abilities! On the whole a good start, but we've got a few balancing issues to work out before approval.

First, you do end up going into cross-element territory between fire and light, specifically with Spirit Flare and Betrayer. For Betrayer, you could potentially rework it to an object surround by magical flames, which would enable you to keep the color-changing aspect. I would also change its burst attack to something more fire-related. You could work in a fiery explosion, ring of fire, a flare of extremely bright flames that surround you if you want to keep the blinding effect, lots of options! Same for the "light ray" that Spirit Flare creates. I'll leave it to you to work out exactly how you want to edit those!

Second, for Life Materialization. How exactly do the crystals work as weapons? Are they offensive or defensive or both? Daggers or something that explodes with fire or just hot enough to cause burns when they come into contact? I like the idea, but give me a bit more detail, please! Based off of your description of "War Wolf's Gloves", it looks like they're meant to be used in hand-to-hand combat, but you don't mention if Michelle is proficient in that or if she fights with other weapons. Specify that under abilities somewhere if so!

For your abilities in spoiler tags, I'll send you a PM with any necessary edits/questions.

@TitanDragonLord - Approved! Thank you for being such a pleasure to work with, and I look forward to seeing how you and Inigo do!

@Caststarter - Good to see you here! Proto seems relatively well balanced, but I need some clarification on the abilities and equipment.

First off, how much ammo does Proto carry on her? As most of her abilities seem to stem from the arrows directly, rather than her mana, this is something you will need to monitor closely throughout the competition. As for her archery skills themselves, how many arrows does she shoot at once? You stated that her most complex shape is an octagon - is she firing 8 arrows at once, 4 bursts of 2, or does she need to get off 8 individual shots without getting interrupted? As to your shapes themselves, what does it take to change a Golden Leaf Separation into Maxwell's Foundation or Lorentz's Derivation? Does that need to be decided before she shoots or does she someone command the lightning while it's already in progress?

Speaking of Lorentz's Derivation, can you give me a bit more detail about how the beams of energy work? Do the beams leave from each corner and then all return to the center? Just clarify a bit!

I'd also like you to clarify how the arrows travel in Rings of Gauss. Are they circling a center point, or alternating a figure 8? Are they connected by energy like your other attacks? The attack itself looks fine, I'd just like a bit more detail!

(As an aside, Solar Flare seems cross-elemental with fire in the description, though since the attack is solely energy-based it should be ok).

Lastly, Ohm's law. This needs to be nerfed, slightly, as a spell that strengths until doing lethal damage in response to protection against it is a bit too powerful. You could potentially rework it where multiple hits with this spell could do greater damage each time, or you could remove that part entirely. Details are up to you!

@Necro-Knight - Hey there, Necro! Gervase looks to be a very well developed and well-rounded character for the most part, but I have a few edits/clarifications that I'd like.

First, how many of his weapons can be in their enhanced form at once? I would recommend that only one weapon at a time can be enhanced, particularly since it looks like most of your spells don't require your hands to be free to cast.

Most of your abilities look good, but I do want you to nerf Winter's Embrace slightly. Since fog can be a more long-lasting effect, a 20 meter radius (or even a 20 meter diameter) is too large of a range. How long does the fog last? Is it a limited time due to the spell, or does it hang around until it dissipates naturally/due to external causes? The longer it lasts, the smaller your range should be. If it lasts until it dissipates naturally, I would recommend going as small as a 15-20 foot radius (4.5 - 6 meters), but I'll let you decide where you want to go from here!

In general, since you have a lot of magical abilities, be careful when writing to balance how many spells you have going at once and how much mana you are draining. You don't need to edit and specify how much mana each spell takes, but something to keep in mind once the competition starts! Get a new bio up with those clarifications, and we'll move from there.

@Dragonknight315 - I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be able to give a full review of Alastasia tonight! You have a very unique, but also extremely complex concept, which is going to be very hard to balance. I don't want to make you simplify a character you've obviously spent a lot of time on to the point where they are unrecognizable, so you may want to consider different options. That said, I'm willing to work with you if you have your heart set on using her, but I need a bit more time in order to do her justice in reviewing her.

To all, feel free to post any questions here, or send me a PM as needed!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =Elemental Championships 2017= OOC & Tournament Signups
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition