Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback
Page 7 of 13«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2017 14:22:55   
Lv 1000

quote:

RE grovetender and Escherion, I'll have to take a look at those items specifically.

Maybe also specific skills like Timekiller's crit buff skill

quote:

Effect: +15% crit for 5 turns. Allows the use of Arbalest skills for 5 turns.

or

Light of Destiny's Special

quote:

Special Effect: +20 BtH and +10 Crit to every hit
Post #: 151
9/2/2017 14:22:59   
  Hopeful Guy

Hope Upbringer! (DragonFable)

BD: That actually is a good point. The only way out would be nerfing Poelala, or possibly transferring its B/P/D to M/P/M (although 30 M/P/M is a lot, maybe reduce to 15). Because if you want to have gimmicky gear that gives you a ton of B/P/D or M/P/M at the expense of All, it better not break stuff.

Verly: Maybe a weapon that gives you a huge amount of B/P/D whilst also boosting enemy LUK by 200? That way you're taking a risk: although you are more likely to take a glancing blow, if you fail, you're going to get hit for a lot of damage.
DF  Post #: 152
9/2/2017 14:33:58   
Baron Dante

Well, if we're talking about 180 again, we've gone a full circle and we reach the "basically MPM at the very least stops being a particularly viable option because All resist exists". And again, I think resistances in itself are fine as is, they're meant as a specialization tool, but when the specialization tool can be better in overall usage than the non specialization tool, I feel there's an issue.

@Pedrofire: I mean that'd be fine and all, but uh, 20 PBD is not that much.
We have a Necklace (Linked Bands of Nature's Bounty) that gives that much and has no negatives to it. Necklaces (and other non-visible accessories) generally have worse stats than helms and capes.
Even in capes you only need to dip out of 6 PBD to get something that's not garbage in normal usage. I'd even say "pretty good".
Honestly, I've never even stopped to think of the Hidebehind as a proper example of this, since goes beyond that. It's a gimmick fiesta item that tells in it's name how to use it. "Hide behind a shield and heal yo".

@Hopeful Guy: Of course, we can't even really consider directly nerfing DC items because reasons. Occasionally I rather dislike that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 153
9/2/2017 14:36:01   
Andlu

this sounds weird, we just swapped places

MPM is slowly turning useless while BPD is probably what we're gonna start using
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 154
9/2/2017 14:36:36   
  Hopeful Guy

Is the Crit modifier meant to pop up on screen or is that just a bug? I'm using Necromancer, if it helps.
DF  Post #: 155
9/2/2017 14:36:58   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Grove Tender and Light of Destiny effects should be effectively the same in the new system.
Adjusted Plushie Escherion, and timekiller.

Timekiller also now has a base 2x crit multiplier on arbalest skills.

Basically- On hit effects shouldn't be changed in effectiveness. Status buffs will need to be adjusted, though.

Crit modifier should not be popping up.

Fixed crit modifiers popping up.

< Message edited by Verlyrus -- 9/2/2017 14:40:04 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 156
9/2/2017 14:39:49   
Lv 1000

quote:

Timekiller also now has a base 2x crit multiplier on arbalest skills.

Yeeeee! Thank you :D
Post #: 157
9/2/2017 14:43:32   
LouisCyphere

Honestly,
>before this engine: I hate BDP
>after this engine: I like BDP now
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 158
9/2/2017 14:49:27   
Pedrofire

@Baron: Compared to what's available in the cape slot in terms of PDB items it is, but you're right in that it's not a proper example of it, I mentioned it as an instance where an item was given better than average stats in one regard at the cost of something else. You can already get 99 BD (poor old parry lags back at 94) with current items, and the extra PDB of TH would only serve to hurt you if you tried to use it as a defensive tool.

All resist is very powerful right now, since you're already able to get it in the +50 region. That's equivalent to 75 MPM or 93 PDB under the current (150 roll) system. Given that +All items also provide MPM and PDB they might well be your best option for a defensive build right now.

< Message edited by Pedrofire -- 9/2/2017 14:50:19 >
Post #: 159
9/2/2017 14:50:34   
  Hopeful Guy

OK, pretty major issue I discovered: the Lucky Hammer causes your Crit multiplier to go up by 0.1 each hit of a skill. So if you use a skill that hits 15 times (think Pyromancer's final) the first hit will have a multiplier of 1.85, then 1.95, then 2.05 all the way up to 3.25, which is quite OP. It happened with Necromancer and Pyromancer, so it probably affects everything.

EDIT: Fixed some numbers.

< Message edited by Hopeful Guy -- 9/2/2017 14:53:21 >
DF  Post #: 160
9/2/2017 14:57:36   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

The Lucky Hammer issue's actually always been there. I'm going to try to fix it, but it's one of those tough ones.
AQ MQ  Post #: 161
9/2/2017 15:00:52   
Andlu

This is totally insane, seems like that the BPD buff was really good overall
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 162
9/2/2017 15:04:27   
  Hopeful Guy

Has it? All this time... I only realised because of the popup Crit modifiers to be honest. Most skills don't have enough hits that you notice it.

Pedrofire: All resist isn't necessarily the best way of going about things. Your enemy (most enemies, anyway) can only use one element, after all. That means that if you just get 80 resistance to that element and keep your B/P/D as high as possible, you're set. Of course, it doesn't work against enemies with weird elements (Good, ???, Poison, Disease, Silver) for which you can't get too much resistance, nor against enemies that change elements, nor multiple enemies that have different elements (Triple Trouble, Elemental Chaos). I'll get some figures on damage reduction.
DF  Post #: 163
9/2/2017 15:17:23   
Pedrofire

@Hopeful Guy: You're right, getting 80 resist to counter most elements would be bothersome, and you wouldn't be able to keep it all in your backpack anyway. I was talking about All resist as a multipurpose defensive build, and after accumulating some good +All items I've come to this. If my math is right I can still reduce incoming damage from all sources by 71% on average despite having so little PDB.
Post #: 164
9/2/2017 15:24:24   
Andlu

Everytime I attack/get attacked/my pet attacks, I'm getting some weird numbers on top of the screen
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 165
9/2/2017 15:41:08   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

You're on an old version of the engine, Andlu.
AQ MQ  Post #: 166
9/2/2017 15:53:02   
Andlu

sorreh D:
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 167
9/2/2017 16:06:17   
  Hopeful Guy

Pedrofire: It's not as difficult to get 80 resist to most elements as you might expect. I will try and put together a list for major elements for you.
DF  Post #: 168
9/2/2017 16:14:40   
Pedrofire

@Hopeful: It's not that it's particularly difficult, but that carrying around all those items and swapping them out every other quest would not be feasible, while an All build (like the one I showed above) is good in most situations. I was going for general versatility rather than pinpoint effectiveness.

I gathered the items for max fire resist when I was attempting hard mode dragonoid, and that was four extra items I had to carry in my inventory. I've always wanted to acquire all the items that max out each individual element, but they would only be useful in niche situations and would therefore have scarce practical use unless I did want to bother changing gear setups that frequently (which someone might want to do! And I think that's a perfectly valid strategy, just not the one I was going for).

That being said, compiling a list of the best items for each elemental resist would be very useful to have, but unless you happen to have one at hand please don't spend hours just making one yourself! It would work better as a collaborative effort.

< Message edited by Pedrofire -- 9/2/2017 16:17:52 >
Post #: 169
9/2/2017 16:21:04   
Lineolata

What'd you use to get 46 All?
AQ DF  Post #: 170
9/2/2017 16:26:35   
Pedrofire

@Lineolata: Should've mentioned it before, thanks for asking:

Helm: Fierce Dragonlord Helm (72)
Necklace: Wooden Shard
Cape: Nick's Toasty Cape VIII
Ring: Unhallowed Deathknight Circlet (Doesn't actually provide any +All, but has very good defensive stats) - Does anyone know any rings that do?
Belt: Voidwoven Belt V (The Trithril Mesh provides one more All, at the cost of some melee defense)
Trinket: Elemental Unity Defender XV
Weapon: Omniblade (80) or Ultra Omniknight Blade

10+5+10+0+3+5+13 = 46

< Message edited by Pedrofire -- 9/2/2017 16:29:17 >
Post #: 171
9/2/2017 16:27:06   
Lv 1000

Probably something like

Ultra OmniKnight Blade
Nick's cape
Fierce DragonLord helm
Silver Links
Crystal Necklace
Unity Defender trinket (max lv version)

Edit: lul more than one way it seems.
Post #: 172
9/2/2017 16:56:01   
Arkandian

How am I supposed to read quest text when my armor clips over the boxes?

I can't do most quests without getting shredded without Riftwalker, yet Riftwalker makes it impossible to read dialogue.
Post #: 173
9/2/2017 17:19:37   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Newer quests do not clip over text boxes. Unfortunately, that's not something that we have time to go and retroactively fix for every old quest.
AQ MQ  Post #: 174
9/2/2017 19:31:51   
EdyMaster

I'm not liking the nerf in the crit rate, you can not get to 50% (100) easily as before. The decrease of the crit damage is acceptable to balance things, but the frequency of it should be maintained because of course the update favors an equipment with greater defense, and these generally have less crit. I think Armor crit and LUK crit should be readjusted to the new system, thus generating 10 Crit for armor and 20 for LUK. They could even remove the damage gained by LUK so as not to overpower them if they find it necessary.

What about Cryptic's passive, does it currently give 30/200 or 60/200?
DF  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonFable 14.1.0 Discussion & Feedback
Page 7 of 13«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition