Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/19/2018 22:25:43   
Apeiron

@Goldslayer1: Shogun isn't the best, but definitively one of it. There's 2 versions, one for 2k acs and other for 2k lts (both seasonal).
The thing is, Shogun (the 2k acs one) was released along with Dreadnaught (a rare pet, also 2k acs) and while the quests were similar, Shogun was superior while Dreadnaught was decent. Of course, it's not big deal but it is kind of funny how the same happens a year after in the Nation.
quote:

Ohh its not done IMO, just wait until Nulgath's BDay passes and then people start slowly complaining about new Dage pets before his BDay.
Same thing for Nulgath next year, they'll use the rationale of "but its always 2 pets!, one Seasonal and one Rare."
AQW already set the precedent with both Dage and Nulgath now. All that's left is for people to complain about a farmable farming pet, like Shogun, but for Nulgath.

They clearly haven't learned from past mistakes IMO, otherwise this release would only have 1 pet at the most, it would be Seasonal, and it wouldn't be better than CVK or Astral.

Not to mention, there's other ways to improve Nulgath farming by simply updating Drudgen and C&B quests and making them non-mem like current farming pets.

Let's hope not. Let's hope they ignore some of the immature people that gathers on twitter.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 101
1/19/2018 22:58:24   
Iron Volvametal

Oh sweet, they brought some Akumi stuff to AQW.

I have quite some ACs saved up, which pet do you guys recommend for getting general Nulgath reagents? And if I get Fiend Tokens from them, does that mean I can get Legendary Archfiend without being a Legend?

I was going to save my ACs for more Inventory space & a cool new rare item(I haven't seen anything that's peaked my interest yet), but if there's a pet that can ease the frustration of Nulgath farming, I'll probably get it.
AQW  Post #: 102
1/19/2018 23:08:34   
goldslayer1

quote:

I have quite some ACs saved up, which pet do you guys recommend for getting general Nulgath reagents?

Drone pet. it has Guaranteed DCS drop, higher drop % (according to leak) for non-mem voucher, bloodgems, and Uni 13.
And looks to be a faster farmer than the Blade pet.

quote:

And if I get Fiend Tokens from them, does that mean I can get Legendary Archfiend without being a Legend?

No, Legendary Archfiend still requires membership to open the merge shop.
AQW Epic  Post #: 103
1/20/2018 2:18:28   
creepy gy

quote:

Let's hope not. Let's hope they ignore some of the immature people that gathers on twitter.

If they would have there wouldn't be two more pets in this release.

< Message edited by creepy gy -- 1/20/2018 2:19:00 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 104
1/20/2018 2:22:50   
Antiwally

Dunno if I should reply here or the news thread, but my 2 cents:

Atm I'm kinda upset that a pet so similar to, and from the looks of it better than, the CVKS was released. After the 300->2k price change of the original VKS and the "hurrdurr we messed up the price but unlike the precedents we set in the past, we're not gonna change the original so sucks to be you if you didn't buy the original" debacle, this felt like a second, 1-year-delay slap in the face. So yeah, let me get that salt out of my system first.

As for the functionality of the pets, I feel it was a lazy job on the part of the designers. The two main points of the Nation faction, to me at least, are "rare" and "hard to farm" items. I don't condemn the pets that facilitate easier farming (even the most stalwart of farmers get bored of tedious-lower reward quests), but the two new ones go against the first point- rarity. While "rare" in the limited availability sense, the fact remains that they are improved knockoffs of the CVKS in terms of functionality.

And lastly, with the release of the two new pets, I felt that the the value of my CVKS dropped significantly. The seasonal pet has an easier quest, AND a secondary quest with an additional reward. And as someone who takes pride in rare items and hates recolors, the very existence of the new pets is offensive.

So yeah, tl;dr I'm not happy with how the developers are causing the Nation to become "the harder to farm" Legion with the yearly release of powercreep pets. But if they insist on doing, at least give us something like arcane orb 2.0 with improved non-mem voucher drop rates
Post #: 105
1/20/2018 2:25:10   
Ach1

Fascinating, we have two more farm pets now, only problem is, what do we farm with them? I imagine with release of VHL last year many new players decided grinding for nation, but realized that its not a walk in a park and started asking for new farm pets. Well here we go, but I cant believe they havent released any farmable items, all items created by milton are behind some paywall and other armor set, made by different artists is just a boss drop. Where did the other sets go that milton made on his twitter page? They all had "coming to AQW" tags on them
AQW  Post #: 106
1/20/2018 2:29:40   
creepy gy

^above

Could you please show link to those items? Maybe they will release those items next week after all this week there was only one (AC's) set in shop.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 107
1/20/2018 2:32:18   
flyingmongoose

It actually isn't a low argument at all because of the incoming dilution of the hardness of material acquisition even more than before because of what seems to be a clamoring buyer base and a "better" farming quest to acquire materials this time around.
Making the materials more common means that in the future we will need to either a)use more materials for crafting or b) more materials are introduced because of the creep.

Inflation was a huge problem with Legion Tokens right?
I would hate to see that happen to Nulgath's sphere because the AQW staff decided to do what I would consider an ill-conceived easy cash grab for Nulgath's birthday.

On this day we have failed our lord.
The weak do not wish for hard fought accomplishments, but for easy victories.
Swords do not come whole from the forge, they are shaped by the blows of the hammer.
Let us purge the weak from our ranks. Let us become right minded in our path once more.
AQW  Post #: 108
1/20/2018 2:32:19   
Ach1

@above

1. Polish Hussar - https://twitter.com/MiltoniusArts/status/951960542406520832
2. Ralzic set - https://twitter.com/MiltoniusArts/status/951445540503351296
AQW  Post #: 109
1/20/2018 2:43:11   
Ach1

Oh the Ralzic set, which is arguably the better looking one is apparently coming to Heromart cant say I did not see that coming
AQW  Post #: 110
1/20/2018 2:46:55   
goldslayer1

@AntiWally
quote:

I felt that the the value of my CVKS dropped significantly. The seasonal pet has an easier quest, AND a secondary quest with an additional reward. And as someone who takes pride in rare items and hates recolors, the very existence of the new pets is offensive.

I agree. Personally I was of the opinion of no more pets, but improving the current Drudgen and C&B pets and making them non-mem.
But if they were going to do one, I would've preferred it be 1 seasonal farmable pet but require a special platinum coin to activate quests (So you'd have to farm the pet like we did with Evolved Orbs, and buy a Coin to use the quests), but weaker than Astral/CVK, so we can finally shut down the yearly pet complaints.

Instead they do 2 pets, at least one of them is better than prior iterations, and they come with extra quests for gear.
It just continues to set bad precedents that will only get worse next year because complainers will keep demanding more.
At this rate, that march BDay is gonna have 3 pets...

@Ach1
quote:

I cant believe they havent released any farmable items, all items created by milton are behind some paywall and other armor set

I'm disappointed in the lack of farmable items as well, I spent the last week casually farming reagents in anticipation of this event, and its all shop and drops.
If done right, the pay wall wouldn't be an issue. Like they did with Evo Blood, Hex, and Shadow.

The pet themselves should've required extensive farming (like with Orbs, requiring a different Platinum Coin to activate quests) to acquire IMO.
But hey, I guess its easier to stick stuff in a shop.

Post edited. Check your PMs if you have not already. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 1/20/2018 14:38:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 111
1/20/2018 3:26:38   
Ach1

@above

Quite sure that was not intended as crag itself does not have the quest as far as I know, while both drudgen and swindle do. (while DN clearly states that it is crag exclusive) Anyways I did get the spear. So I am not really leaving this event empty handed
AQW  Post #: 112
1/20/2018 3:30:54   
iDreadnaut

@above

The DNs say Crag and Bamboozle, but most people say just Crag for short.

Spear of Nulgath in the Swindle's Supplies quest is probably a mistake... there were so many issues when the release went live.

< Message edited by iDreadnaut -- 1/20/2018 3:34:18 >
AQW  Post #: 113
1/20/2018 3:33:56   
Aura Knight

I don't understand the hatred for allowing many to now have a decent way of farming nulgath items. This idea of exclusivity is only hurting the game. Prior to purchasing the ceremonial void knight sword pet last year, I've all but ignored any farming that had to do with nulgath. The quests for nulgath items are not fun. They're a nuisance and while I understand it's meant to be challenging, it was at the point where casual players would be missing out on content because there simply wasn't enough time for farming. Now that there's 2 new pets, the problem is less severe. Sure, the pets do cost AC but they're well worth the price. In fact I'd even say it's a bargain at 2k. This recently released seasonal one should be good enough that no new pet need be created after. At least not for reagent farming.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 114
1/20/2018 3:39:40   
flyingmongoose

There was never supposed to be a "decent way" if what Ive read from Asuka over the years has been accurate.
i believe it was also mentioned from him that the quests aren't really supposed to be "fun" at all, they're supposed to feel rewarding to you at the end for the work you put in.
The Legion and the Void are the secret clubs when you want to break away from being a filthy casual (moreso the Void).

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 1/20/2018 3:44:06 >
AQW  Post #: 115
1/20/2018 3:43:49   
Aura Knight

Therein lies the problem. Even when finished with a difficult farm, there's no sense of satisfaction. It's not rewarding in any way. The only feeling I have is "am finally done. now what?" Now if this is the intent, then perfect, nothing needs to change. But is this not hurting the game more than it helps?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 116
1/20/2018 3:55:05   
goldslayer1

@Flying
Lol ok.
As for the Spear of Nulgath, it took me almost 2 hours to farm it. Its probably low drop chance and requires some farming, so that rules out a few people.

@Ach1
Wiki said its for Supplies to Spin the Wheel quest from C&B pet.
I checked Drudgen earlier (through shop window) and he doesn't have the spear as reward, but Swindle Blik does.
It might be that the quests are the same, since the rest of their rewards are also the same.

@Aura
quote:

I don't understand the hatred for allowing many to now have a decent way of farming nulgath items. This idea of exclusivity is only hurting the game.

Its not an exclusivity issue, its that Nulgath zone and items started out by catering to hardcore players and end-game farmers.
By changing what it is, its in essence ruining its value, which would then have players shifting their attention elsewhere.

quote:

Prior to purchasing the ceremonial void knight sword pet last year, I've all but ignored any farming that had to do with nulgath.

Which was unnecessary IMO. Farming wasn't hard, even before CVK. Every Reagent had a fast method of farming it (Evilwarnul for Diamonds, Dreadrock for Tainted Gems and DCS, Makai Essences for Gems and Totems. Larvae for Vouchers and Uni 13) as F2P that wasn't bad. And if you added Drudgen or C&B then it made it better.

Your complaint about it not being fun stems from a subjective stance. Its not fun, for you.
For many other Nation followers it is, that's why we've always been farming Nulgath.
Not every aspect of the game needs to be perfect and easy. The game is diverse for a reason, to cater to diverse crowds.
I'm not gonna go to a different area of the game and complain that its not hard enough or that it doesn't fit my criteria of fun, because I'm sure it does for someone else.

Think of this as our way of fun, by you wanting to force your idea 'inclusivity' on us, you're excluding us.
AQW Epic  Post #: 117
1/20/2018 3:57:57   
flyingmongoose

Are the so called "end-game items" hurting the rest of the game experience?
I do not believe they affect it at all except for all the kids who want to pull an Icarus and fly too close to the proverbial sun and then get all mad and go on twitter because the farming is too hard/tedious/insert x complaint. That results in us getting an "easy farm" pet and Daddy Asuka having to take the belt to the community.

Truly though if you're that burned out and feel little in the means of acquiring things then why bother? Go play another game, read a book, walk around outside but don't play in traffic or on train tracks, or just maybe don't engage in things you won't enjoy.

I thought it was Cube Reagent for Tainted Gems because of the Dreadrock changes? Is Dreadrock not bad anymore?

< Message edited by flyingmongoose -- 1/20/2018 4:00:13 >
AQW  Post #: 118
1/20/2018 4:08:27   
goldslayer1

@Flying
quote:

I thought it was Cube Reagent for Tainted Gems because of the Dreadrock changes? Is Dreadrock not bad anymore?

Dreadrock quest changed at the same time CVK was released. So before the CVK pet, farming wasn't too hard for Tainted Gems and DCS.
I believe they even cited the CVK pet as one of the reasons for nerfing the Dreadrock quest (since the pet already came with guaranteed DCS drop).
So pet complainers essentially got the quest nerfed.

Post edited. Check your PMs if you have not already. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 1/20/2018 14:39:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 119
1/20/2018 4:10:37   
Aura Knight

quote:

Which was unnecessary IMO. Farming wasn't hard, even before CVK. Every Reagent had a fast method of farming it (Evilwarnul for Diamonds, Dreadrock for Tainted Gems and DCS, Makai Essences for Gems and Totems. Larvae for Vouchers and Uni 13) as F2P that wasn't bad. And if you added Drudgen or C&B then it made it better.

Your complaint about it not being fun stems from a subjective stance. Its not fun, for you.

You're right that there were options, but they were nonetheless annoying to use. Likely due to rng mostly. It may not have been that bad but compared to a pet it did take quite a while to get good progress. And you're right this is a subjective opinion. But one that I'm sure others share with me. Much like you're pointing out that my happiness is hurting yours in this situation, the opposite is true as well in that your happiness is hurting me and others in regards to this specific topic.

I could complain all I want about this and probably nothing will change, but considering what we were given today, I see no need for further complaints. I'm not so unreasonable that I'd want the nation to be a carbon copy of legion in regards to farming. Whether I like it or not, I eventually do get the endgame nulgath items I plan to get. It just takes me a while and I suppose it's my impatience that gets the better of me.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 1/20/2018 4:14:25 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 120
1/20/2018 4:21:02   
Saiyanmonkey

I already have CVKS, should I buy the Drone pet too since people said it's the fastest Nulgath farming pet right now? I have about 12k AC
AQW  Post #: 121
1/20/2018 4:46:38   
Iron Volvametal

Hnnnng, I'm not sure if I should buy the Drone Pet now or wait a while; last time I bought a farming pet(Mounted Paragon Pet), it became obsolete(?) a few months later with the release of Dage's Birthday(Shogun Paragon Pet)...and for free, too.

Ooo, but those Blood Gems & Totems sure are tempting me to finally get ENNH & VHL...
AQW  Post #: 122
1/20/2018 4:49:19   
ArchNero

Not bad, I got the new spear in like 15-18 mins of farming.
Post #: 123
1/20/2018 6:00:56   
Ziorac

Question; Is the new Sword pet better at getting TGs than Cube Reagent or no? Cause if it is, I might get it. If not, not gonna bother.

And Drone pet is faster than CVKS? Cause again, if so, I might get it.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 124
1/20/2018 6:26:21   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

I believe they even cited the CVK pet as one of the reasons for nerfing the Dreadrock quest (since the pet already came with guaranteed DCS drop).
So pet complainers essentially got the quest nerfed.

I think it was mostly the change to the VHL quest that caused the change to Dreadrock Gem Exchange as well as the quest designers vendetta against the quest for a longer period of time. CVKS may have been a part of it as well, but what about the Orb Pets, they were released after Dreadrock, but Dreadrock Gem Exchange remained the same after that. It got nerfed when they changed the VHL quest after the weekend, which gave the 100 TGs as a requirement for the quest, as well as some other slight changes, not on release of CVKS.

quote:

I already have CVKS, should I buy the Drone pet too since people said it's the fastest Nulgath farming pet right now? I have about 12k AC

If you want a slightly faster way to farm Nulgath reagents, then yes. It's definitely not a "must buy", because CVKS is good enough as is.

quote:

I'm not sure if I should buy the Drone Pet now or wait a while; last time I bought a farming pet(Mounted Paragon Pet), it became obsolete(?) a few months later with the release of Dage's Birthday(Shogun Paragon Pet)

Don't expect any new Nulgath pets to be added in until next January, which might just be the seasonal one, although with all these people insisting on wanting rare ones, I kinda doubt it. You don't NEED to buy it this year though since it is seasonal after all, but it's still a great tool to have.

Wait a second, did they change the quest on the Sword Pet? Didn't it use to require 5 Onibaba Nails, or was I just seeing things wrong all along? Also, since tanuki Ears drop off of Wereboar, the quest is definitely better than I first thought, although, poor Wereboar.
Nvm, the wiki says 2, but ingame it says 5, so it's still very "meh"

Having Makais be a requirement for the quest also works in the favor of the Drone, on top of everything else, because it's basically free Essences while farming for other stuff.

quote:

And Drone pet is faster than CVKS?

If you can manage to kill the Wereboar in between the hordes of people, or place an alt in a private Greenguardwest map, then yes, it seems slightly faster, I can only speak from the quest requirement, since I haven't bought it yet. Unless you are really eager to spend 2k ACs on something that would only be slightly better than what you already have, then it's not worth it IMO.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 1/20/2018 7:41:34 >
AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Nulgath Zone/Item Discussion
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition