Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Pastel Paint too Strong

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Pastel Paint too Strong
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/18/2019 20:47:45   
sippingcider

The new Pastel Paint is just too powerful when it works well. When your opponent is out of moves, it is like stunning them for 4 turns. Well, usually they have at least 1 or 2 things to do, but even then its still like stunning them for 2-3 turns. I suggest making it last for only 3 turns instead of 4.
Post #: 1
4/19/2019 0:38:30   
Foulman

no, if you were caught with your pants down near the end of a battle, then that's your fault. The bot encourages a different strategy rather than having a simple effect, and it's one of the most creative ones in the game right now.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/19/2019 8:42:31   
.Lord Ginger.

Sipping cider is right actually.

Sometimes there’s no way to have energy to do moves later in the battle, period.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 4/19/2019 8:47:52 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/19/2019 13:18:03   
sippingcider

quote:

no, if you were caught with your pants down near the end of a battle, then that's your fault. The bot encourages a different strategy rather than having a simple effect, and it's one of the most creative ones in the game right now.

To play around it you need to not use your energy or cores. Thats just suicide.

Instead of looking at it as a punisher for people who use their cores and energy, I think it should be looked at as a late-game bot that helps builds that plan on dragging the game out. You use it once your opponent has used all their energy and most of their cores, which will be the last few turns of a game.

Im ok with it being a late-game robot, but its just too good at that as is. Look at Infernal Android, another late game bot. In the late-game, Infernal Android gives a bonus 15% damage attack. Pastel Paint, on the other hand, will do some damage + 2-3 turns of stunning in the lategame. Thats just way too strong.
Post #: 4
4/19/2019 19:50:30   
Cyber Dream

I agree, it's wayyyyyy to op. Especially considering how hard it is to play WITHOUT using your enegry. 3 turns is way to long, as said above, the only way to counter it is to not use enegry....which would be suicide. My suggestion would be to make the bot effect last 1 turn or randomly disable one of the 3 attacks.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/19/2019 20:51:21   
Foulman

the thing is, there's static charge, assimilation, energy parasite and frenzy, plus there's always a robot core/robot attack or one of those 0 energy cores. Bunny bot makes nuking down energy a viable strategy, because now you won't have to worry about the rage disadvantage you get from your EMPs and Pidton Punch and all those other cores.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/20/2019 19:26:33   
Mother1

How about just making it last 2 turns instead of 3?
Epic  Post #: 7
4/20/2019 20:14:51   
.Lord Ginger.

Because it shouldn't suck
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Pastel Paint too Strong
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition