Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/20/2019 15:45:29   
Rafiq von den Vielen

JanusHoW: The rewards aren't a bug. Monster with the "Elite" prefix are essentially buffed versions of a lower tier - in this case, the Elite LightZard is a buffed version of the level 115 LightZard and thus has its rewards based off that one.

Once upon a time monsters like this had a (+20) behind their name to show that they are more powerful versions of the original (20 powerlevels stronger as the suffix implies).

Also leads to fun cases of redundancy - Elite Umazen Hoplite Elite anyone?
Post #: 76
7/20/2019 18:17:20   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Btw, I just wanted to thank staff for this wonderful war, like... Seriously, it's amazing. (Well, Zzotts and Hoplites need to be addressed, but everything else is perfect)

Like, there are basically no tanks (I mean, suuuure, packs of 3 mobs are still tanky, but at least we have no packs of 4 mobs and no Greg Plants, I'm happy with that), no mobs that get even close to one-shotting you (like Undead Mages, for example), and the overall amount of gold you earn per kill is pretty low, allowing for many more kills/day than what you'd usually get, which is always very welcome~

I mean, I got about 800 wins today and am still at around 80% of my cap? That's pretty big, I usually cap at around 600-700 wins in most wars.

The fact that 100% of the monsters die to D-burst is also a lovely touch, a shame they still require some armor switching, but I won't complain about being able to use the same spell in 100% of the mobs for big damage~

I hope we get more wars like this one in the future, it's been a really good experience so far~

Also, hooray for multi-sided wars making a return! Really glad to see those again! \(^^)/
Now the rebels just need to pick up their pace for more fun though! >.<
AQ  Post #: 77
7/20/2019 18:50:03   
Laith

800+ wins? And here I was wondering how others got so many wins.

I capped yesterday and today for a grand total of 310 battles. Leveled 4? times, fighting against Lvl150 really gets the XP going, but not for very long.
100 Momentum for the win :)

This right now? That's not a war. The real enemy will appear sooner or later. The rebels will show up when they are most needed and save the day. Probably around cutscene #2 :)

I just hope the so-called "loyalists" will realize eventually that the increasingly oppressive methods with which they so desperately are trying to defend the old ways of their
empire at any cost are dangerously close to leading to the dark side. Maybe with delicious cake for some, but as we all know, that's a lie.
AQ  Post #: 78
7/20/2019 20:01:11   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@Laith Well, lower leveled players cap a lot quicker because you fight higher level enemies. Level capped players don't have to worry about that since we fight only level 150 or below... Rather, most stuff we fight is lv 120-135 actually.

I just capped right now at about 900 kills, which is a number I never got even close to getting without fleeing all lv 150 and some 135 in past wars~ (fleeing against high level mobs is actually the only way you can get top spots usually btw, unless you pay $$$ to reset your caps)

I'm personally fighting for the loyalists btw, I prefer the fight that wishes for stability over change. Though I do understand where the rebels are coming from, I don't believe the way they chose to go about it is the right one, bringing an army to the capital's door when tensions were at an all time high was a terrible decision.

On a side note, I forgot to say this in my last post, but praise be the lack of estates in this war, I really really hope all future multi-sided wars are handled like that~ <3
AQ  Post #: 79
7/20/2019 21:36:50   
Laith

The stability you wish for? I call it stagnation. Worse, it actually led to the downfall of the vast majority of this once glorious empire.
At the peak of their power, they refused to embrace change. A peaceful change would have been possible back then.

But maybe it was for the best. Who knows how Lore would look like today, with that almost religious zealot-like vast army roaming the lands.

Hmm ... an army of Umazen Artixes ... :>
AQ  Post #: 80
7/20/2019 22:03:17   
I Overlord I

Revolutions are rarely, if ever, peaceful. They require blood -- rivers of it. Why? The so-called "elites" generally aren't inclined to relinquish their power. Also, because people are people.

War -- the Horseman -- was wholly correct. As long as there are humans (or any overtly sentient species, really), there will always be war.

“Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.”
AQ  Post #: 81
7/21/2019 4:16:09   
badboyhe

prepare to meet your maker, rebel scum!
For the Empe...wait, wrong game.
AQ  Post #: 82
7/21/2019 6:18:44   
Conspiracy

For me, the most annoying mobs are the Umazen [Elite] Hoplite (3) because of the incredible lag they bring with them every time they pop up. Even Zzott (3) with 12,000 HP isn't that big of a problem because they can go down with 2 attacks on a single turn. Like AliceShiki said, the mobs for this war is easier than previous ones and you can get more kills before you reach the cap.
AQ  Post #: 83
7/21/2019 10:46:43   
Laith

(Loyalist) Conspiracy: Unless you are 150, don't care about XP and fight on rebel side against Crystal Hounds. Zzotts barely give any gold, but fighting against a lvl155 Hound will net you 650k or so.
AQ  Post #: 84
7/21/2019 12:36:45   
Zennistrad

Ooof. This war has some of the worst lag I've ever had while playing the game.

I'm kinda disappointed that the rebels seem to be losing, given that means we won't see any new MC'd energy equipment. That said, I'm intrigued where this is going so far.

The hint that there may be a third party manipulating the war for their own gain by itself would be kind of cliched, but the fact that this is happening right after the Burning Solstice could suggest that War's minions are going for a more subtle approach this time, which could make things much more difficult for the Chosen.
spoiler:

And, if my theory is right, we may start seeing Zhilo as Mayhem shortly after this is all over.

< Message edited by Zennistrad -- 7/21/2019 12:44:39 >
AQ  Post #: 85
7/21/2019 14:52:42   
SIGMUND

What is happening?
I can't find a battleground for this war.
Can't send my armies to help anyone.
EDit:
The Umazen are Energy monsters?

I thought they were all light element?

< Message edited by SIGMUND -- 7/21/2019 15:03:33 >
AQ  Post #: 86
7/21/2019 15:24:39   
badboyhe

holy crap, there's guy with 4 characters all in the top 5, on both sides
averaging 3k+ skills each.
how the heck is he doing that lol
AQ  Post #: 87
7/21/2019 16:33:48   
Elemental Magician

@Badboyhe: They're actually different people. Someone changed their name as a parody of Seth Hydra and now others are joining in on this meme.
AQ  Post #: 88
7/21/2019 17:30:31   
Conspiracy

@Laith

I see, that explains why the Rebels side have significantly lower kill totals than the Loyalists side. The highest gold mobs for the Rebels is 3 times higher than the ones for the Loyalists. I haven't fought for the Rebels.
AQ  Post #: 89
7/21/2019 17:43:53   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@SIGMUND Staff locked estates from being used in this war because it's multi-sided and it's better to make it a participation contest instead of who has more tokens contest~

As for the energy element thingy... You should play the quests that came before this one, they explain it! >.<

On as side note, while it might seem unfair that rebels have a mob that gives far more golds than the loyalists have, keep in mind that most warmonger don't get close to capping, so this issue only affects the people at the very top that are capping daily... And like, I am 100% sure most rebels are not capping daily. I mean, I capped only 1 day in this war so far and I have enough wins to be in the top 25 if I were in the rebels' side... >.>

< Message edited by AliceShiki -- 7/21/2019 17:47:28 >
AQ  Post #: 90
7/21/2019 21:41:07   
zfloydz

Great to deploy the Jedi armies now would it be. Yes, hmmm.
AQ AQW  Post #: 91
7/22/2019 0:01:38   
Primate Murder

@ Alice

That's not quite true. If you check the warring site, you'll see that pretty much everyone in the top 10 of the rebel camp (except me ) has reached the cap by the end of the day.

Since wars are intended for hardcore gamers like these, it can actually get quite annoying. That said, I've only reached the cap once myself, so it doesn't really affects me.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 7/22/2019 0:04:23 >
AQ DF  Post #: 92
7/22/2019 0:31:36   
badboyhe

@Elemental Magician
I see, now there are even more of them lol, holy moly.
@primate murder,
I capped for the first time yesterday and it's about 950ish kills.
one of them had 3k kills the first day lol, that's so crazy.
they must be avoiding high gold mobs and go for low ones exclusively.
That's so hardcore haha
AQ  Post #: 93
7/22/2019 3:56:21   
I Underlord I

Is this the war in which we conclusively learn how much wood a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

"Memories and thoughts age, just as people do. But certain thoughts can never age, and certain memories can never fade."
~ Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

AQ  Post #: 94
7/22/2019 11:02:36   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@Primate Murder Oh... I should have checked that... Yeah, this is pretty annoying them, would be nice if the Crystal Hound could be substituted by a Trouble or something.

@badboyhe Melissa uses $$$ to bypass the cap actually, though the others do flee high gold mobs to get farther from the cap.
AQ  Post #: 95
7/22/2019 13:37:24   
Uskius

Has anyone else not seen three-packs of level 120 Zzotts in a while, or is that just me? I gotta say it sure would be awfully convenient if they really were gone from the war pool. <_<;

Gonna keep working on a top ten finish. This'll probably be one of the last two or three wars I go all out on. Battle on!

@badbhoye Pride, mostly. I think at this point I wouldn't have to cap every day to get top 25, which indeed is the highest level for the war rewards, but I'll probably try, anyways. ^_^;

< Message edited by Uskius -- 7/22/2019 19:57:56 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 96
7/22/2019 19:37:58   
badboyhe

@AliceShiki
Ooh that makes sense.
@Uskius
I thought the rewards cut off is at top 25, is there anything special for being in the top 10?
AQ  Post #: 97
7/22/2019 20:12:14   
Conspiracy

@badboyhe

I think people just want to be up there for competitiveness sake. I don't really feel "safe" unless I'm in the top-15 or even top-10 in some wars.
AQ  Post #: 98
7/22/2019 20:38:17   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

@badboyhe It's fun to compete for the top spots, people warred hard long before war rewards were a thing after all~

Though with resets being a thing it's just not fun to try competing for the #1 spot anymore, which is quite sad.
Momentum also helps in removing the motivation to go all out though... Too easy to just never flee any mobs and just cap without needing to put much effort into it... >.>
Well, Momentum was a great addition nonetheless, really happy it is a thing now, because it makes warring a lot easier for anyone that doesn't want the top spots~

I just wish resets were removed... Would make the competition for #1 spot fun again... Well, I doubt I'll have time to seriously try going for a high spot any time soon though, so it doesn't matter that much to me... >.>
AQ  Post #: 99
7/23/2019 12:54:45   
Arlin

Personally I am fighting for the rebels, not for the energy equipment, but because both in character and in the real world I believe in fighting for individual freedoms. My personal goul is to hit 1000 wins to get the weapons. I would love to do more and get the top 50 or top 25 but that just isn't realistic for me and my real life schedule. It was really cool to see my name at #28 at one point , by far the highest I've ever been, but im sure I have fallen well below that now.
AQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition