Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/17/2019 19:26:49   
Kurtz96

quote:

They usually have a split for male/female versions
none this time

Because the armor is for Umazen warriors who are obviously based on the Amazons. Why would the armor of super famous warrior women have a male version?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 201
8/17/2019 19:48:45   
Lord Markov

quote:

I would also like to know what the MC effects are on all the items.

Per the info we got in Discord:

Umazen Armor:
quote:

Armour is FO and the MC effect is a 25% chance to attempt a -(7.2 * Hits/Attempts * MobEleRes) BtH Blind for 4 turns on the foe after any of your attacks/specials/spells. The element is determined based on the last hit that connected, inflicts with STR/DEX/INT majour and LUK minor based on if your weapon type is Melee/Ranged/Magic, respectively (for weapon attacks/specials) or if the spell dealt Melee/Ranged/Magic damage, 50% save, mob resists with DEX/LUK.

Umazen Blade:
quote:

The normal and scaling Light rewards are both MC. Weapon is a Melee Light Sword. MC effect is Blind on special, does 2 hits, it will then attempt a Hits * 2 turn -(9.75 * MobRes) BtH Blind, inflict with VStat/LUK, mob resists with DEX/LUK on a 50% save.

Rebel Blade:
quote:

weapon is a Magic Sword that has (Hits/Attempts)% chance to attempt a 1 turn -(6.3*MobRes)% damage Choke on the mob. Inflict with INT/LUK, mob resists with END/LUK, 50% save.

Rebel Armor:
quote:

The normal Energy rewards are non MC, scaling Energy rewards are MC. Armour is FD Energy, has 20% chance to deal +25% damage (works for spells/specials/attacks) on hit

I presume the MC of the scaling Rebel armor goes into no damage penalty for the boosting effect (which is hardly an issue anyway given the FD lean).
Similarly I would guess the MC of the scaling sword goes into removing the damage penalty for the choke effect, though this is speculation. Some clarification on what the precise differences between the MC and non-MC versions of the Rebel rewards are would be nice.

< Message edited by Lord Markov -- 8/17/2019 21:22:00 >
AQ  Post #: 202
8/17/2019 20:47:22   
Legendary Ash

Umazen Falchion's special takes a 85/78 modifier for its -7 BtH lean that was derived from its -9.75 BtH blind, since the Blind was worth 27.3% melee thats likely due to a BtH lean compared to a normal 25% melee for a 20% proc special.

Umazen Emancipator Armour may take a 85/84 modifier for its rounded -1 BtH lean that was derived from its -7.2 BtH blind, since the Blind is worth 5.04% melee and multplying by 84/85 gives 4.98% melee.
Its likely a Neutral lean Light armor due to the Blind not being affected by a *1.25 Offensive lean modifier.
AQ  Post #: 203
8/18/2019 4:00:10   
badboyhe

quote:

Because the armor is for Umazen warriors who are obviously based on the Amazons. Why would the armor of super famous warrior women have a male version?

Then why make it available to male characters at all?
why not just female characters only.

Edit: is it really that strange that I want the rewards to a little more guy friendly?

< Message edited by badboyhe -- 8/18/2019 5:13:10 >
AQ  Post #: 204
8/18/2019 7:02:51   
I Overlord I

Probably because some people are about that life.

In any event, I don't think it's strange at all, but you were forewarned so I find it hard to sympathize. You reap what you sow, and what you sowed was this. Not that an MC'd FD armor (regardless of how cool it may look) would've been terribly useful to most characters either, but hey.

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 8/18/2019 8:38:38 >
AQ  Post #: 205
8/18/2019 10:38:06   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

A player character's sex is mechanically determined by their face. Even if we were to needlessly restrict item access based on this, locking reward shops according to equipped items would be a rather unnecessary, pointlessly divisive effort yielding no gain in quality of life nor any increase in efficiency.

As of why the armors only have one appearance each, this has been entirely explained by the story so far.

For generations, perhaps since the foundation of the Umazon, only women have served as Umazen soldiers — In fact, their youth is dominated by training for combat. The Emancipators are an order of exceptional warrior women who venture far from home to hunt down slavers. The Excelsior Guard are a smaller order constituting the few men who train for combat, as they are meant to preserve the ways of Umazen Hoplites until their society recovers to the point of not requiring every able-bodied worker in the Umazon, at which point they would begin training hoplites in much the same way the rebels did.

Umazen society is heavily divided, although it may now begin to heal. It's a shadow of a time when they capitalized on their differences and made them complementary, rather than the present status quo of leaning on them as a crutch and thus putting further weight into the wedge. But even during the height of the Radiant Crusade, the time when men and women fought together, their equipment was different.
Post #: 206
8/18/2019 12:07:25   
Bolter

From the way you said it, it really doesn't make sense for the mens' weapons to be Magic instead of Melee though.
AQ  Post #: 207
8/18/2019 12:29:42   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

While I am not in charge of item statistics, the weapons are neither precluded by what I said nor unaddressed by the story - The Mystic Avenue segment, specifically. All Umazen have an innate elemental alignment and a measure of magical talent derived from it. Once they're too close for spears, it's hardly nonsensical for them to resort to magical weapons. Now, were the concern rooted in balance rather than narrative, that would be something I could not speak with any authority on.
Post #: 208
8/18/2019 12:58:35   
Kurtz96

quote:

Then why make it available to male characters at all?
why not just female characters only.

Edit: is it really that strange that I want the rewards to a little more guy friendly?

Beyond what Cray said, you realize that the vast majority of armors in the game only have 1 look and that one look is male right?

Just like in most games, male is considered the default look. What that says about the mentality of the game developers is probably too complicated a topic for a niche RPG game forum.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 209
8/18/2019 13:13:47   
I Overlord I

It's almost as though most gamers are male, so male being the de facto "default" surely don't make a lick of sense from a developer's PoV. No siree, Bob.
AQ  Post #: 210
8/18/2019 13:17:20   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

More importantly to the rules: When presented with a hostile opening premise and an implied insult of the audience at large, it would be more unlikely to be a constructive discussion because of how the tone is set than because of any audience readiness or lack thereof. I would recommend kindly dropping that tangent on those grounds. Let's keep this discussion on topic and in good faith, please. We're all here to have fun.
Post #: 211
8/18/2019 15:15:48   
wozzen

My only issues with the Emancipator armor are as follows:

1) The belly area looks a little awkward and the area where the armor meets the neck of your face aren't really all that connected, so there's a bit of a gap in the body with the "breathing" motions that armors make.

2) It doesn't mesh with the player face because the face is silver while the armor is bronze/gold and that just makes me mildly sad.

Other than that, I like both sets of rewards, honestly!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 212
8/19/2019 2:48:01   
Yozai

I find the rewards worth the wait.
But if the Umazen armor had been Sliver it would have been perfect.
I am really happy to see more female armors is this game

And the story was interesting. I do hope we see a lot more to the Umazen.
But also looks like we get to see more to the elves.
AQ  Post #: 213
8/31/2019 21:49:09   
Veral77

Are the stats and images of the armors on the encyclopedia yet? Unlike for weapons and faces, the in-game shops don't have a preview for armors before you buy them.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 214
8/31/2019 22:04:31   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Stats are in info subs, as for pics... You can click on the "Top Win Rewards" button to get a preview of what they look like.

... Or you can just buy the level 15 version and see what it looks like by equipping it.
AQ  Post #: 215
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Umazen Uprising Finale - Civil War
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition