Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Character Advice

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Character Advice
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/26/2019 1:17:12   
roobee

Character Link : http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charview.asp?temp=28682549
Level & Status : 111 X-Guardian
Build : FO Poelala Mage
Armor of Awe/UltraGuardian Element: Earth (willing to change)
Staff of Awe special set to PWD
Notes : I have cheap mana from Astramorph/Pixel Ether combo so I probably lean towards spells over armor skills more than the average Mage.
Z-Tokens (If Applicable): 10,000
GGB: 306 Common, 38 Rare, 3 Ultra-rare
Post #: 1
8/26/2019 3:31:41   
Primate Murder

Let's see how I can help...

Weapons

First of all, I would suggest switching your no-drop element to energy, as that's the element we have the least exceptional weapons/shields for. For earth, Bloorzerker's Terra Sword would pair nicely with any weapon-based skills.

Big Dictionary's wind spell is weaker than Borrow or Grenwog Rider skill, so I suggest switching it for a spell-boosting weapon, like the Fujin Athame or a Magestave. Alterantively, you can rely purely on spells for wind damage and keep the Sila's Staff in this slot.

Tidal Pen is a 100-proc weapon, but it provides a multiplicative boost to water spell damage (compared to Fang's additive), which means it grows even stronger with Poes and miscs.

You have neither a darkness nor a harm weapon, so I suggest using one of your URs on Voidsplinter staff or sword. If you're dedicated to using weapon to boost spells, Blackbones gives a multiplicative boost to your D-Burst.

Armors

This is where your other two URs should be used - on Hydromancer and Lumenomancer Bloodmages (strongest elelocked spells of their element, not to mention +50% all spell damage). There's also a Cryomancer if you want to switch out your Horo Show.

If you switch 10 Rares into a UR, you can also get the Blazing Bloodzerker. With +20% weapon damage (via hp cost) and a toggle for 2x elelocked damage, it's pretty much a straight upgrade on Samukematsuri.

For earth, you can choose between Terrazerker (copy of the Blazing Bloodzeker) and Grenwog Rider (toggles between earth/wind forms, and has spell-type skills for both elements which gain elecomp in respective form).

Shields

Presuming you switch to energy no-drop, Serenia's blessing is a fairly good shield for mages.

Paladin Guard is a simultaneous resistance shield - which makes it worse for both elements (except shadows, but how often do you fight those?). Something like Cerberus Ward would be a better compression choice.

With Poes now partially using Cha, the Pies shield becomes a better choice for ice.

Spells

Borrow deals +50% damage (and heals the monster over the next few turns), making it the best choice for nukers.

New Year's Surprise is a better accuracy booster than Moonwalkers Grace.

As you have an earth nuke via armors, I suggest using Sizzler Splosion from the Geocatsellum Intro. It deals reduced damage, but autohits - making it rather nice against high-MRM wind monsters.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 8/26/2019 3:34:50 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
8/26/2019 13:47:41   
roobee

How does Fireworks Buckler compare to Cerberus Ward? Is there just a better single element light shield than the single element darkness shield?

< Message edited by roobee -- 8/26/2019 14:01:06 >
Post #: 3
8/26/2019 15:40:09   
Primate Murder

Light has two fairly good shields for FO builds - Scarab Shell (toggle to lower monster MRM, thus increasing the accuracy of all your attacks and spells) or Dragon Head (boosts LS rate, to take advantage of Luck and Dex).

Otherwise, Fireworks works just as well as Cerberus.
AQ DF  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Character Advice
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition