Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Freeze, Fear and other status conditions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Freeze, Fear and other status conditions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/14/2019 8:42:03   
MasterOogway

I have been attempting to freeze the enemy with the help of Nezujimbo (+ Nilak) but fail most of the time because my CHA is 0.

Nezujimbo's freeze attempt is described as this:

In addition Option #2 has the effect of a 25%* (# of hits that connected) chance of freezing* the monster. The monster gets a +0 bonus on its save:**
Level: 114 vs MonsterLvl
Major: YourCHA vs MonsterEND
Minor: YourLUK vs MonsterLUK

What does Major and Minor mean here. How are they calculated?

My CHA is 0 and Luck is 85.

What will be Nezujimbo's freeze chance against a monster with 0 END and 200 LUK?
I am using Nilak as well.

< Message edited by MasterOogway -- 9/14/2019 8:52:43 >
AQ  Post #: 1
9/14/2019 11:53:40   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Stat saving rolls start at a base of 50% chance of landing the status, then it gets that chance modified by the bonuses mentioned, I'll go over them one by one.

Monster gets a +0 on its save: that's the base modifier that varies from item to item. A +0 means no changes, so the chance will still be 50%. If it was +20, then the chance would be 30% and if it was -20 it would mean 70% chance of landing the status.

Level: That's the level difference between your item and the monster, though the final result is divided by 2. Your item is level 114, so it will have -3% of landing the status against level 120 monsters and a +4.5% chance against level 105 monsters.

Major: That's the difference between [your relevant stat]/5 VS [the monster's relevant stat]/5. Capped at 20. Since your CHA is 0, you won't get any bonus here, but you can get disadvantages. Against a monster with 0 END this will not affect your chance of landing the freeze, but against a monster with 100+ END, you'll get -20% chance of landing it.

Minor: That's the difference between [your relevant stat]/10 VS [the monster's relevant stat]/10. Capped at 10. Your LUK is 85, so you'll get a +8.5% chance of landing your status against 0 LUK enemies, -1.5% chance against enemies with 100 LUK, and -10% chance against enemies with 185+ LUK.

So... For Nezujimbo, assuming you're facing a lv 120 mob with 0 END and 200 LUK, you'll get (I'll assume you hit both hits btw)...

25%*(2) * (50 + ((114-120)/2) + ((0-0)/5) + ((85-200)/10))% -> 50%* (50 -3 -10)% -> 50% * 37% -> 18.5% chance of landing the freeze.

As you can see, trying to land status with pets/guests without CHA isn't very easy... And your chance would be even lower (8.5%) if your opponent had END.
On the other hand, if you had 200 CHA your chance would be 28.5% against 0 END and 18.5% against 200 END.

I hope this clarifies! ^^)/
AQ  Post #: 2
9/14/2019 13:43:11   
MasterOogway

Soooo.... I think you didnt factor in Nilak so I actually have a 38.5% chance?

Thanks a lot for the info. I didnt find this info in any guide here. It should be added IMHO.

It seems I should increase my CHA or hunt for CHA boosting items because I love these status conditions.
AQ  Post #: 3
9/15/2019 9:06:48   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

I didn't account for Nylak because I have no clue what the item does tbh, I generally assume you'll either say what he does or link to him if he is relevant... >.>

As for a place that explains how it works, the Pedia has you covered already, it's one of the pinned threads in the Status Conditions section.
AQ  Post #: 4
9/15/2019 10:11:33   
MasterOogway

Oh, Nilak is an ice pat that grants +20 Freeze Potence

https://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22316992
AQ  Post #: 5
9/15/2019 18:12:42   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Oh, in that case you have 28.5% actually.

As in, he increases your chance of landing freeze by 20%, but Nezujimbo only attempts to freeze 1/2 the time, so... His bonus ends up being halved to 10% in the final number.
AQ  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Freeze, Fear and other status conditions
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition