Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/1/2019 5:06:59   
Kay Oh

In case anyone is curious, total mobs for this war is 1.5M
Currently at 557613/1500000 (37.17%). At this current pace, war should end in 7 days (assuming no reinforcements )

AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 76
10/1/2019 11:28:39   
Conspiracy

Interesting to see an Adventurer who's in the low level 100's make it to the top-25. Although fighting with War is a bit slower, if you could somehow find the time, you can make it up there.
AQ  Post #: 77
10/1/2019 12:07:12   
Heroes of the Scape

@above: With War Form it is possible. My level 114 Adventurer FD Bow Ranger is capable of killing level 140 monsters. He has capped multiple times already. You are already facing weaker mobs so all you need to do is buy tokens to reset your caps more often.
AQ  Post #: 78
10/1/2019 14:10:43   
JanusHoW

Geez, the Carnage special is crazy with War's maxed stats. I had one hit from it score a Lucky Strike on an Ice Dragon for about FOUR THOUSAND damage. You generally don't see those kinds of numbers except from PWD (or from Sir Pwnsalot when you remove his jaw). I probably had good Momentum, though.

< Message edited by JanusHoW -- 10/1/2019 14:16:35 >

The pen is mightier than the sword, and it also doesn't shred the paper.
AQ  Post #: 79
10/1/2019 17:47:05   
I Overlord I

The funny thing is that War (armor) is actually "weak" compared to a contemporary FO armor + DB (even more so when coupled w/ CIT, boosters, and a misc.). It hits lower than DS Twilly with auto-attacks, albeit LS' notwithstanding. Unless, of course, the latter is bugged and deals 160% damage rather than 60%.

Still, it's a great armor for those too lazy to switch items every battle (me) or people whose stats and/or items aren't "meta" or they're below their respective level caps. I imagine this is what it would feel like playing as Gal in a dragon war. :o
AQ  Post #: 80
10/1/2019 19:18:03   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

DS Twilly was definitely bugged when the war started, it was healing 700 MP per turn. The 250 CHA of War armor should definitely not lead to this high heal.

Even with 0 CHA he was still healing around 150 MP per turn IIRC, it was pretty bonkers.

Dunno if this was fixed or not, but DS Twilly was absolutely bugged when this war started.
AQ  Post #: 81
10/1/2019 19:46:59   
doomas

Can someone please drop the war count link. lost my tab somehow. thanx.
AQ  Post #: 82
10/1/2019 20:03:38   
Heroes of the Scape

https://www.battleon.com/aq-warzone.asp
AQ  Post #: 83
10/1/2019 20:13:57   
doomas

@^HoS thanx
AQ  Post #: 84
10/2/2019 1:06:25   
lolerster

@Janus: 4k is actually...not that impressive. Stuff like WKZ, Taladosian Robes, HSVV, bloodmage and many other armor skills are able to hit past thay fairly easily with CIT/Celtic Wheel and booster pets/guests. Stuff like Kindred and Terror Eater can hit much much harder.
AQ  Post #: 85
10/2/2019 10:58:22   
Lord Tenebros

quote:

The funny thing is that War (armor) is actually "weak" compared to a contemporary FO armor + DB (even more so when coupled w/ CIT, boosters, and a misc.). It hits lower than DS Twilly with auto-attacks, albeit LS' notwithstanding. Unless, of course, the latter is bugged and deals 160% damage rather than 60%.

Still, it's a great armor for those too lazy to switch items every battle (me) or people whose stats and/or items aren't "meta" or they're below their respective level caps. I imagine this is what it would feel like playing as Gal in a dragon war. :o

Well, all those boosters/CIT/misc/etc play a HUGE role in upping the damage numbers. I imagine War Undeniable would be hitting MUCH harder if we were allowed to use any of the many, MANY ways to boost damage that we're currently unable to use as War. And its defensive capabilities (ironically for an FO armor) are absolutely crazy; nothing outside of War Dragons can even tickle you at high momentum.
Post #: 86
10/2/2019 14:59:28   
Heroes of the Scape

War is also great for lower level characters. My FD Ranger has already gone from 111 to 116 and will hit 1000 kills.
AQ  Post #: 87
10/2/2019 22:47:30   
raylas

Disappointed the armor is reserved for the top 25 players, largely because I'm too busy to play much anymore, and I know I can't catch up with anybody on that list at this point.

Oh well,nothing I can do about it, but the war is great for farming gold and tokens, so I'll do that for a bit.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 88
10/2/2019 22:55:57   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Top 25/50 rewards (and the 1000 kills too) are always reskins of the rewards everyone will be able to purchase for gold from the war's reward chest.
AQ  Post #: 89
10/2/2019 23:04:56   
raylas

Oh! that's really great to know, Alice!

Thank you, that makes me feel a lot better. The Classic War is a favorite armor of mine from waaaaaay back in the day, so I was sad it's apparent upgraded form would be out of my reach.

.....Still gonna farm these walking sacks of gold for all I can, though. My finances in this game have been ravaged by the "toomanygooditems" disease for a while now, this is a good chance for me to make some money back with ease. Can't remember last time a farming spot was this good!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 90
10/2/2019 23:42:41   
Primate Murder

The new cutscene is out! I lol'd at Shelia pointing the obvious while the brothers did their usual cryptic speak.
AQ DF  Post #: 91
10/3/2019 12:32:45   
OverLordOfDeath

They're just reskins? I'm glad to hear that as it would be a total nightmare to compete for the top 25/50 positions.
Post #: 92
10/3/2019 12:53:54   
Lord Markov

Just for everyone's benefit going forward, 1000 kill threshold/top 25/50 rewards are ALWAYS just reskins of items you'll be able to buy in the shop later. They're the staff's way of helping to incentivize war participation by giving the competitive rare-ish and desirable items to compete for, and gives those who aren't as interested at least a decent goal to shoot for to help push things along.
AQ  Post #: 93
10/3/2019 13:27:05   
Kurtz96

Actually the Umazen war rewards were not just reskins. For the loser's side, only the top war reward versions were mastercrafted. It was the only time though.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 94
10/3/2019 16:23:13   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Last cutscene was pretty nice, it's interesting to see how we clearly aren't acting just like the Chosen, but as a new being entirely.

And on the other hand, our allies being wary of us even though we're currently on the same side is a really nice touch, they didn't simply forget what War is just because we're fighting together right now~

Looking forward to the next cutscene~
AQ  Post #: 95
10/3/2019 16:36:53   
Mr. Future Bug Man

I personally hope this has some pretty reaching consequences and doesn't just sitcom itself away with someone else becoming War while we go back to being the chosen. The writing for this plotline has been pretty topnotch though, they never had anything this back in like 2005 or whenever the **** I joined. I really want to give props to the writer.
AQ  Post #: 96
10/3/2019 17:41:14   
J9408

^I wonder about that as well. Where does this fit in Lore Timeline?
Post #: 97
10/3/2019 18:24:07   
AliceShiki
Helpful!

Lore's timeline for the most part is pretty straight-forward... If a release is made after a given release, then it tends to be later in the timeline as well.

So... This comes after pretty much everything that was released so far, and before what we'll see in the next events~
AQ  Post #: 98
10/3/2019 19:20:26   
Ryu Draco

If we to retain the Mantel, we might see events in the future where others try to take it for themselves.

Because that always ends so well.
AQ  Post #: 99
10/4/2019 21:30:41   
stratuscone

has anybody else talked about the design of our current War mantle? compared to the previous War armor, ours look more 'chaotic' with all the spikes and flames spurting out, not to mention the weapon. the other one had a more 'cold' approach to it, and the War's pulverizing edge with all the horse motif had a much more stoic appeal.

is there some storyline significance to it?
AQ DF  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= 50% Off Z-Token Sale + Burning Solstice Finale - The Answer
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition