Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= September 27th Design Notes: Reimagined: Odds & Ends

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= September 27th Design Notes: Reimagined: Odds & Ends
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2019 22:16:24   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

quote:

Verlyrus
Stretchedcat

Reimagined: Odds & Ends

Hey there, heroes!

For September's Reimagined update, we have a handful of updates and changes to present!

First up, Voltabolt's challenge has received a a makeover, with new battle backgrounds, music, and a new shop you can use to merge Scrap Metal for easier storage and/or selling. Battles and rewards have not been changed.

Next, a pair of characters have been added to Book 3 Ravenloss. Khvorost and Belle will now appear in Book 3's Post-Void Ravenloss after their respective quests. Give them a visit to see what they're up to now.

The Book 3 Main Story quest, An Elegy of Ice and Fire, has had its script reworked and typos fixed. Jaania and Akanthus have had their tones and content shifted to be more consistent with future quests.

The Book 1 Timeline has had its storyline locks given more descriptive text to prevent confusion.

A storyline tracker has been added to the Book 3 Ravenloss quest chain on the Book 3 Timeline.

And that's all for this week! Well, except for a Chaosweaver update!
  • You can now click on the Soul Vials on the battle screen in order to empower or unempower your next skill.
  • Soul Rip has had its empowered version removed.
  • Aggression can now be empowered to extend its DoT duration for 10 turns.
  • Gambit's Boost has been reduced to 175, down from 200 to compensate for the change to Empowerment usage.
  • Chaosweaver's walk cycle has been updated again.
    • I got to teach Dove what "Naruto running" is.
    • This is the final version of the walk cycle barring any game-breaking issues.
    • Chaosweaver now soulblinks in battle, and runs outside of battle.

Misc bug fixes:
  • Filament and Enchanted Filament now have descriptions
  • Fixed a bug where Malifact's Ghost would not let you unequip the DeathKnight class.

Have feedback about today's release, or the game? Have feedback about Chaosweaver? Have theories about the story? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus

< Message edited by Peachii -- 9/27/2019 22:17:01 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
9/27/2019 22:51:41   
Ace Woodlink

quote:

You can now click on the Soul Vials on the battle screen in order to empower or unempower your next skill.

Perfection.
DF MQ  Post #: 2
9/27/2019 23:21:59   
Dray

Don't know if there's an even faster, meta way to do this, but I've found the new ChaosWeaver now works pretty darn well for Aeris farming.

(Is Popsprocket > Zapp > Aeris still the fastest way to farm trophies?)

Empowered Gambit > Unravel is a consistent kill on all foes at my level (42) which doesn't give them any room to get their stuns off. On the off-chance they survive--which has happened only twice, so far, in ~6 runs--your pet can usually finish them off, or at the very least stun them for a follow-up annihilation.
Post #: 3
9/27/2019 23:38:42   
mds2006

ooooooOOOOooooh.

Nice use of the music from that one weird meat factory zone from AQWorlds!
Post #: 4
9/28/2019 1:20:26   
Flabagast

Hmm.. Concerning the quest rewrite:
spoiler:

Their seems to be more talk about Jaania's and Akanthus' respective plans. From the looks of it it really seems as though Akanthus is actually going to try to blow up the Mana Core with that pre-Reset tech...

Did Warlic take notice of Jaania's plans for the Mana Core before the rewrite? Maybe his insight into Jaania's spell and Akanthus' weapon may prompt him to leave his tower again.

Overall, the new exchanges seem to fit the direction where the questline is going a bit better, as well as bear the characters intentions in mind a little more.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
9/28/2019 2:24:53   
HORRIOR

Hay Tomix, can you PLEASE raise the EXP limit on the Voltabolt's Challenge quest?

It is probably the most popular EXP grinding quest, and after buying all 10 permanent X boosts, I am hitting the 9000 limit HARD!
By my calculations, I should be getting 2k - 3k more, nevermind when the level cap gets raised again and the EXP gain should be even greater.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
9/28/2019 3:13:13   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Update to Voltabolt's challenge was nice, finally got rid of my Scrap Metal easier. The quest rewrite was good too.

Also Dray, easiest way to farm trophies is in Book 3 Aeris and fighting Hel-X-e.

DF AQW  Post #: 7
9/28/2019 4:41:26   
Primate Murder

Hm, a new weaving school? One that teaches you how to fight with Soulweaving? I wonder if Secundus is somehow involved...

And, I suppose, one will have to redefine the meaning of Chaosweaving.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 9/28/2019 4:42:04 >
AQ DF  Post #: 8
9/28/2019 8:25:14   
Shahmeer

Soul Gambit is again tweaked.......it used to do All -50, but after update its All-75 which is alot on character while boost is also reduced to 175.
Plus armor got its 3 turn stun effect removed to just 1 turn is pretty depressing

< Message edited by Shahmeer -- 9/28/2019 8:26:32 >
Post #: 9
9/28/2019 11:26:04   
TFS
Helpful!

Rebuke's cooldown increase and Gambit's Boost loss were fine but the increased All res penalty on Gambit is punishing and completely unnecessary imo. Word on the grapevine is that it got nerfed again because someone on Discord (where else) kept beating Unraveler Ex with it, which is really silly imo; the fact that its kit makes it well-suited to handle that particular fight doesn't mean the class itself is overpowered. I feel like Chaosweaver was at a much better place last night than it is right now, but I also feel like I'm complaining about this class way too much and I'm starting to get tired of being a whiner.

Dialogue with the new NPCs in Ravenloss is really cute, it's great to see more of Khvorost.
DF  Post #: 10
9/28/2019 13:57:55   
Plutonium

I'm kinda not liking Chaosweaver's new eyes, but that could just be me nitpicking.
DF  Post #: 11
9/28/2019 15:26:03   
Necromencer

spoiler:

So Belle doesn't realize she is the adoptive sister of Tomix and the head of Edelia (for now).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/28/2019 17:56:01   
Kurtz96

I keep hearing about chaosweaver beating Unraveller EX and I'm not sure how. Is it Chi bomb cheese?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
9/28/2019 18:47:26   
EdyMaster

Congratulations again Dove, the work with CW's walk cicle and the new Weaver Blade were awesome. Now as for the nerf in skills I ask, why?
I don't think it would be overpower to just have added the ability to select empowered effects without giving a nerf in return. They solved the problem of soultrhead scarcity but took away much of the class's utilities. So many useless empowered effects that could be removed without making any impact on the class but removed one of the few useful empowered ones that was Soul Rip. Empowered Aggression is cool but not very useful in a fragile burst class where you probably couldn't even survive the 10 turns of DoT. How many really good emp effects do we have now, one, two? If I were to classify:

- Essential empowered effect: Gambit
- Really good empowered effects: Aegis, old Soul Rip
- Occasionally good empowered effect: Shred
- Bad empowered effects: Aggression
- Useless empowered effects: Soul Siphon, Vengeance

For me they could take off the emp effects of the last three or four skills and return Gambit and Soul Rip to what they were before that would be a thousand times better than the current state of the class.

< Message edited by EdyMaster -- 9/28/2019 19:55:51 >
DF  Post #: 14
9/28/2019 22:06:02   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

Plus armor got its 3 turn stun effect removed to just 1 turn is pretty depressing

quote:

Word on the grapevine is that it got nerfed again because someone on Discord (where else) kept beating Unraveler Ex with it, which is really silly imo; the fact that its kit makes it well-suited to handle that particular fight doesn't mean the class itself is overpowered.

I do want to say that while I do take player feedback into consideration, I have these things planned out ahead of time as well.
While I do make more reactionary changes than I probably should, that was not true for the case of the All resist and Soul Rip change.
On this week's release, Soul Rip was already supposed to have its duration reduced to 1 turn, but with everything else releasing this week, I had forgotten to add that in the release build. The change to -All was also planned. In that case, I was floating between -75 and -60 All. I decided to go with -75 All first and see how the class performed that way. It's only been a day since that change, and it's possible I will try -60 on Monday.

The Rebuke cooldown change was reactionary, but it was only implemented quickly because it ultimately doesn't change much about how the skill and the class is used.

quote:

So many useless empowered effects that could be removed without making any impact on the class but removed one of the few useful empowered ones that was Soul Rip.

I very much disagree with you regarding your assessment of the empowered skills. You're viewing it entirely within the context of a fragile burst class, rather than a complete class that players may want to play casually with. Aggression, Soul Siphon, and Vengeance empowerments allow the class to perform better in longer fights, should someone want to use the class in that way, as well as have niche situational uses in burst play.

Being able to toggle empowerment is a huge buff to the class, and as such, Soul Rip had to have its effect reduced. It was simply too powerful combined with the rest of the kit. That's also why Gambit's Boost was reduced slightly.

As always I do appreciate the feedback, even if I disagree with it. Thanks!
AQ MQ  Post #: 15
9/28/2019 23:35:28   
raylas

Ah, Verlyrus, just the boxcat I was hoping to see! I wanted to talk to you about Chaosweaver a little bit, since I've been playing with the newest version!

So, regarding the changes to CW..... I found myself using soulthreads a bit more carefully, which isn't saying much, I had already been using this as a sort of "tactical" class, where you use your resources at the right time and set up a really nasty string based on your enemy's abilities. I had already been using it like this, so the changes don't do much to my style of using it..... except for one thing, and that is this: It seems as if the class is better.... paced?

What I mean to say is, it feels like it performs better in longer fights now. While it's true that I can usually set up a strategy and kill whatever I'm fighting pretty quick, I can't always do that. Some bosses have patterns, or take time to make vulnerable, so it's nice to have the empowered effects at disposal should I need them.

Which I sometimes do, or just want them, you know, quality of life.

As for Siphon, Aggression, and Vengeance being useless, not so!! I use those all the time, they're very useful inside of longer quests or fighting durable, evasive, or heal-happy bosses.

Rebuke.... I only use that if I've set up a very specific chain of events to dovetail into it, and it usually ends the fight on the spot in those cases, so I don't have any complaints about the cooldown change there.

Everything else feels pretty much fine to me, the ability to toggle the empowered effects on and off is really awesome, I love that, please do not take that away!! <3

The only other thing I wanted to ask was regarding soulthreads: When the class proper emerges from it's saltwater hatching pool, do you know if we'll be able to get more than 2 soulthread vials? I think 2 is plenty enough, it has been for me thusfar, I'm just curious.

That's all, peace out, and nice work on CW, I've been waiting for it for years, and it has not disappointed, I've not had this much fun with a class since Kathool Adept came out!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
9/29/2019 1:03:08   
Roc

Nice changes especially to the Voltabolt's Scrap Metal shop. For the Chaosweaver, I like the old walk animation better but it lags.
Post #: 17
9/29/2019 1:07:10   
Skyflakes

@Necromencer

quote:

spoiler:

So Belle doesn't realize she is the adoptive sister of Tomix and the head of Edelia (for now).

spoiler:

Why is she the head of Edelia for now? The magesterium fall has not happened yet nor did Tomix's brother destroy Roirr yet.
Post #: 18
9/29/2019 1:44:28   
joglaze

So was everything nerfed just to balance out Chaosweaver? Red fruit is supposed to give 2 turns of 200 crit, now its only 1 :/

If this is a bug, then my bad. If it's not, why does this class have to be balanced by nerfing everything else? Just wondering.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
9/29/2019 2:03:49   
TFS
Helpful!

quote:

So was everything nerfed just to balance out Chaosweaver? Red fruit is supposed to give 2 turns of 200 crit, now its only 1 :/

This has been the case for several months and the item's description was updated to indicate as much; that was completely unrelated to Chaosweaver. And even with just 1 turn of autocrit Red Fruit is still super super strong lol
DF  Post #: 20
9/29/2019 4:20:10   
JIKIL

Oh, just noticed that CW has his white sclera back.
AQW  Post #: 21
9/29/2019 4:29:27   
tthorn4

quote:

spoiler:

Why is she the head of Edelia for now? The magesterium fall has not happened yet nor did Tomix's brother destroy Roirr yet.
spoiler:

She's not the head of Edelia, she's the adoptive SISTER of Danyel, who IS the head.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
9/29/2019 4:55:06   
s_venom

quote:

Hay Tomix, can you PLEASE raise the EXP limit on the Voltabolt's Challenge quest?

It is probably the most popular EXP grinding quest, and after buying all 10 permanent X boosts, I am hitting the 9000 limit HARD!
By my calculations, I should be getting 2k - 3k more, nevermind when the level cap gets raised again and the EXP gain should be even greater.

Seconded.
It would be nice to see this quest caps on par with other quests.

Although I though that Verlyrus is the coder? or am I mistaken?

< Message edited by s_venom -- 9/29/2019 4:57:39 >
AQ DF  Post #: 23
10/1/2019 0:38:23   
elcidIII

So needless to say
I'm odds and ends
But I'll be stumbling away
Slowly learning that life is okay
Say after me
It's no better to be safe than sorry
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
10/3/2019 13:47:40   
s_venom

It seems that the EXP cap was adjusted.
Thank you Verlyrus / Tomix.

< Message edited by s_venom -- 10/3/2019 16:56:38 >
AQ DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= September 27th Design Notes: Reimagined: Odds & Ends
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition