Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Level 150 hybrid rating

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Level 150 hybrid rating
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2019 4:37:23   
Roksheer

https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=30854296

Coming back after 6ish months. Looking to upgrade things.

Are hybrids still viable these days?

No drop is light

Vampire thing is dark

< Message edited by Roksheer -- 9/29/2019 4:40:50 >
AQ  Post #: 1
9/29/2019 6:02:08   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

Hybrids are, indeed, quite viable, they've even got a subrace of their own now - werepyre, which uses Str/Int for stats, has the strongest Beast Form and possesses stun immunity.

150 Luck is, honestly, rather underwhelming - you'll occasionally go first, and occasionally get slightly higher damage. I suggest either going full werepyre (250 Str/Int/Luck), or classic hybrid (250 Str/Dex/Int).

I can give further suggestions based on which build you prefer.
AQ DF  Post #: 2
9/29/2019 6:29:16   
I Overlord I

Vampire -> Werepyre, first and foremost. Even if you stick with "classic" hybrid (250 STR/DEX/INT), that's a free no-drop that allows you to compress Dark and Earth. Furthermore, you can purchase three more Werepyre armors (all of them Gold-costing!) to cover the six remaining elements, which then leaves room for four "utility" armors. WKZ and Kindred are certainly good options, though keep in mind that if you're running "modern" hybrid (250 STR/INT/LUK), you won't get the full accuracy in non-'pyre armors. Even a nuke as peerless as Kindred is pointless if you can't actually hit. Pre-queuing Moonwalker's beforehand is essentially a must here.

< Message edited by I Overlord I -- 9/29/2019 6:31:21 >

“Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.”
AQ  Post #: 3
9/29/2019 15:59:21   
Legendary Ash

Nocturnal Knight Edge > Bloodzerker Darkness sword in the future
Sell Retro Vorpal, Omni, Ninemare, Swordfish to Paragon and store Bludrut

Sell Test Armour

Fireworks Buckler for -26 Fire/Light
Morningstar Bulwark
Lunar Eclipse Shield
Sell Daylight, Wyrm to Valiance, Cryo as available from Guardian Account shop and store IronThorn, Darkovian, Samuke

Eggsplosion
Gravity Crush
Thunder Wave
Sell Gaiden, Nezu, Gogg, Ruby as available from Twilly's Annivesary quests, Frostbite as a Frostval seasonal, Poutine, Seed, Vox and store Spectral, Grace, Rain

Infernal Skull
Squidge
Fairy Godmother from Guardian shop, click hand to toggle Hp/Mp heal
Sell Neko, kitten, Trjegul, Frosty, Star and store Tree, Rose, Soluna

Sell Diamond, Pride to Orb and Horo Visor
AQ  Post #: 4
9/30/2019 3:18:51   
Roksheer

Thanks guys. I've gone 250 str, int, luck.

quick question. if I use a ranged weapon while in werepyre, will the damage and bth use my str and int, or will a ranged weapons still try to use dex while im in these armors.

thanks.
AQ  Post #: 5
9/30/2019 4:28:40   
Primate Murder

Ranged weapons still use Dex, I'm afraid - you're limited to melee and magic ones.

I would suggest setting your no-drop to energy, as that's the element we have the least exceptional weapons and shields for.

Weapons

Mighty Blade of Frostval Past is the best ice weapon in the game for nuke builds. Once per battle you can click on it to inflict ice element elevuln (+60% damage) for one turn, which makes it unmatched for ice nuke set ups.

For earth, you'd want either the Terra Sword, for +20% damage at an hp cost, or the werepyre blade, which uses Int/Str for stats, allowing you to use it outside of subrace armors (as an added bonus, it deals +10% damage, when in werepyre armor).

For light, I would highly suggest Morningstar Cross of the Occult. You can click on it for a 2x damage skill - and that skill can be further boosted by Beast Form (or Bloodzerker) and CIT.

For darkness, you'll probably need the Voidsplinter Tether or Sunderer as a source of harm damage.

Armors

I would suggest switching out Svadilfari for Armor of Frostval Past. With its ice imbue skill, you can use it with WKZ or Morningstar compuond nuke.

You may also want to check out the Terra and Blazing Bloodzerker armors in UR. Earth and fire respectively, they deal +20% damage for an hp cost and have an ele-locked skill damage toggle, which pairs nicely with Morningstar - or a werepyre blade, if you want accuracy.

Shields

As you're no longer a vampire, there's no need for the Accordion shield. You can use War-Torn Heirloom to compress wind/dark, and use Tectonic to cover earth.

Golden Dragon Head shield increases your LS rate during the first turn. A more f2p alternative would be the Scarab Shell, with a toggle to lower monster MRM.

Spells

Eggsplosion is fairly unimpressive, when your Beast Form does more damage with weapon attacks. I suggest getting the Poelala summon in its place.

Additionally, it may also be a good idea to get one of the werepyre spells, if you plan to make use of your Bloodmage.

If you're up to buying premium packages, Buffalot's Beach Bod and Arcane Amplification are qc Str and Int boosters.

Miscs

Helm of Frostval Past is a must-have for werepyre builds. It has a qc bth booster that isn't /2 for spells or skills, which would go a long way for WKZ and Pyromancer nukes.

Pixel Ether would help a lot with werepyre upkeep.

I, personally, use the Eye of Osiris misc for general attacks - with +10 bth bonus and str/int boosts, it's one of the best miscs in the game for a werepyre.
AQ DF  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Level 150 hybrid rating
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition