Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

ED percentages weirdness

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> ED percentages weirdness
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/2/2019 7:25:14   
dfo99

Hi, i believe there is a need to talk about how the percentages works on ed, for example, there is description of cores suggesting for example jack o fire 113% but it in reality gives 13% from primary weapon base damage (350 or 360 + 13%) same for hawk guardian 130%, yeti fury 110% etc... but the bezerker skill for example grants 105% for real (primary weapon + 105%) same for massacre, double strike etc.. the only cores which grants the % from the real damage is the Infinite power strike (show 120% but it is full damage + 20%) and blood bullet (pistol full dmg + 15 or maybe 25% due some bug). Skills like the former shadow arts and the new nano shield of cyber hunters seems to affect: (the damage inflicted - skill % effect) because it seems to work using same coding methods of block and deflections dmg absorbtion. The problem is that all of this is purely assumptions because it makes very hard properly measure the real effects of the percentages, what you guys think about it?
Post #: 1
11/2/2019 9:33:45   
8x

cores are 113% "total damage", which means the normal damage (100%) + 13% extra damage

the skills are 105% "more damage", which means normal damage (100%) + 105% extra damage

I think that all descriptions are worded correctly. But I'm sure that, all skills not being worded consistently, can be confusing to new players or non-english speaking players.

It wouldn't hurt if they did an overhaul of all descriptions and made them all consistent.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/2/2019 13:14:22   
dfo99

infinite power strike, crippling strike and jack o fire shows on description: "for 120% strike damage ", "for 120% damage" and "dealing 120% weapon damage" respectively. The main problem is: is it from base damage primary weapon, full damage from primary weapon or maybe even the damage inflicted from the attack? of course we can guess, how each one works, but have to guessing is non-sense and really annoying.
Post #: 3
11/2/2019 13:49:47   
8x

I would imagine they tried to make it clearer when the merged the base weapon damage and strength bonus on the stats/inventory page to make it show only one damage range. Then I'd imagine they calculate damage with similarly structured formulas as they do with block chance and other battle mechanics, the opponents defenses get deducted from your damage range first and then the extra percentages get added to the final damage number.

But on another note, does it have any impact on your strategy/build if you know when or how the extra percentage are added to the damage? As long as all damage is calculated using the same formula structure it shouldn't make a difference?

Epic  Post #: 4
11/2/2019 15:53:09   
dfo99

quote:

does it have any impact on your strategy/build if you know when or how the extra percentage are added to the damage?

are you saying you played ed all those years without estimate the opponents dmg in order to avoid die healing?

quote:

As long as all damage is calculated using the same formula structure it shouldn't make a difference?

this thread is about the variables in dmg formula not being clear.
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> ED percentages weirdness
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition