Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= To War! December 13th Design Notes: Frostval is Here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= To War! December 13th Design Notes: Frostval is Here!
Page 1 of 2112345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/13/2019 23:26:35   
  Starflame13

quote:

Verlyrus:

Frostval is Here!

Hey there, heroes!

Frostval has arrived, and you've invited Uaanta up to Frostvale to celebrate with the Frost Moglins! With the snow beginning to fall on your journey north, thoughts of warm cocoaberry juice, cuddly moglins, and wondrous gifts drift through your mind.

But then the snow stops. The scenery around you fades. You open your dreaming eyes to see the Avatars before you. Another of the Maleurous has appeared. Seems like this year's Frostval won't be so cheery after all...

This year's Frostval/Friday the 13th event is live! This release is accessible from the Book of Lore.

You must stop this new Maleurous threat and save Frostval before it's too late!

A couple of bugs have also been fixed this week.

Fixed a bug where non-DA players could run into not enough gold errors when training stats.
Fixed a bug where the Song of the Ateala war would not properly unlock its quests.
Fixed a bug where Zardburger+ would not activate an effect. Effect has been changed to +140 Defenses for 3 turns, from +140 Avoidance for 4 turns. (+140 Defenses was the intended effect, Avoidance was a typo in teh descriptions.)

As always, you can contact us with any bugs, issues, or feedback you may have. We might not respond to all of it, but it helps us work on making DragonFable better and better.

Have theories about the story? Have feedback about today's release, or the game? Having trouble with any fights? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus

quote:

On Official War Threads:

War threads are not to debate what is strong or weak, good or evil. They are for people to discuss the war, rally together and encourage each other while battling war waves. That is the ONLY thing they are for. You can discuss war strategy for current and past wars in DF but do not argue the merits of real life wars. Any non-DF war discussion will be considered spam.

Mild role-playing is allowed in official war threads (such RPing isn't permitted anywhere else in DFGD) but it does not give license to troll, flame or break any other rules. Role-playing as a minion of Seppy/on the side of evil is by its very nature trollish and not really related to the game of DF since there is no "Evil Hero", do not do it. Poetry or a story from the prospective of someone on Seppy's side is allowed as a work of literature in the L&L Forum's "War Stories and Poetry" threads made specifically for for DF War related writing.

Short poems/songs/war cries (with a maximum length of 7 lines) are welcome in war threads (and nowhere else in DFGD). Do not only post your literature, participate in the discussion as well, within the same post. Longer written works about the war belong in L&L Forum's "War Stories and Poetry" thread. If you want to post links to your work in that thread in the official war thread you may, but make sure it's not the only thing in your post. Same goes for links to songs you listen to while fighting war waves. Feel free to share the songs but also participate in the War discussion and do not discuss the songs themselves or the artists, as they are not war related discussion. If you want to link any youtube videos for other players to listen to while warring, it must be able to meet the AE Forum requirements which is PG. To do this, simply use quietube. Here's how:
  • Link " http://quietube6.com/v.php/ " before the URL of the video you want to link.

• No one threatens *our* Moglin Buddies and gets away with it! BATTLE ON!
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    12/13/2019 23:27:49   
      Stephen Nix
    Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

What a treat. Time for war heroes and villains.

Well...

What are you doing just standing there? GET TO WORK!

Let's take down some toys.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    12/13/2019 23:46:35   
    ergotth
    AQW Lore-titician

I laughed so hard at Uaanta's face when Sally said "Don't patronize me" xD
    Also, I recorded the Frostval theme this time, for everyone's enjoyment :)

https://soundcloud.com/cesar-augusto-414/dragonfable-frostval-noname-theme
    Which btw, is a version of the song Carol of the Bells.
    DF AQW  Post #: 3
    12/13/2019 23:54:02   
    Aryc 11

Hey there guys!
    Frostval wars are a classic. Let's show 'em what we've got!
    Post #: 4
    12/13/2019 23:54:40   
    megakyle777

You know, I remember the last time we fought a bunch of evil toys. Goodness, I never thought I'd miss the days where all we had to deal with from Frostval was a second rate golomancer.
    DF  Post #: 5
    12/13/2019 23:57:02   
    Flabagast

Oooh! It IS the little one! Didn't the Abyssal Elf warn us about two of them though?

Oh well, WARTIME!
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
    12/14/2019 0:01:42   
      Starflame13

Top of the Hour Wave Count Update

We have defeated 12,866 waves since the war started, 12,866 waves since the release went live approximately 30 minutes ago.

Our current speed is 428 wpm.

Everything else gets to wait until we know how many waves we need to defeat!.

Our fastest speed for this war is 428 wpm and our fastest speed for all recorded wars is 6,786 wpm which was set in the Black Winter War of 2017.

Good start, good start!

Have you checked your forum inbox? PM Notifications are down!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
    12/14/2019 0:02:38   
    Vaalirus

Wake up Warmongers, we got a teddy bear to beat up.

spoiler:

Alright so first off: Sally is back! And that girl has only gotten sassier after all of this time and I love it! I suppose her involvement here might mean then she won't be one of the necromancers that could potentially have given assistance in Doomwood's battle against the Proclamation then? Either way, her being impertinent towards Uaanta made for some good comedy. Though I'm curious to see how Sally's abilities have grown over the years.

As for the Nameless...It's an evil teddy bear with demented eyes! Now while it might be too early to speculate but judging by what this member of the Maleurous is and given how it almost seems to "accuse" the Hero of having friends and loved ones I'm going to take a guess Mr. Nameless was likely a rejected/abandoned toy either because it was created evil and crazy or it became that way after it might have been tossed aside. A Toy-Storyesque vibe. Also, Mr. Nameless ability reminds me of, at the moment, the creature Krampus' ability to trap an entire house/region into a snowglobe but that now also makes me curious about what plane of existence Nameless is currently in and why of course he has the ability to trap an entire area like this in the first place.

Also love the Christmas music take when Nameless was revealed, just completely awesome.

Let us find tranquility.
    DF  Post #: 8
    12/14/2019 0:04:26   
    Zealwrath

Ok. a war this time i am gonna try my hardest. By the way is it just me or is the war not counting individual waves?
    DF AQW  Post #: 9
    12/14/2019 0:19:16   
    Vaalirus

^ It's counting them you can see them being updated in your character page, but to see them start going up in the actual war counter just refresh your browser or log out of the game and log back in that usually does the trick.
    DF  Post #: 10
    12/14/2019 1:01:33   
      Starflame13

We have defeated 44,842 waves since the war started, 31,976 waves since the last update 60 minutes ago.

Our current speed is 532 wpm , 104 wpm faster than the last update. At this speed it will take us 3 days, 20 hours, 25 minutes to defeat the remaining 2,955,158 waves.

Next Milestone
    We are currently at 1 percent. To reach 25 percent, we need 705,158 more waves. At our current speed, this will take us 22 hours 3 minutes.

Star's Unofficial Deadline:
    I challenge you all to finish this war in one week! To finish the war by Midnight (11:59pm) Server Time on Friday the 20th, we need a speed of 294 WPM.

Our fastest speed for this war is 532 wpm and our fastest speed for all recorded wars is 6,786 wpm which was set in the Black Winter War of 2017.

Nyoooooooom! Good speed, heroes! I think I did the math right that we have 3 million total waves?
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
    12/14/2019 1:20:04   
    Flabagast

1% at 30,000? Yup, sounds like a 3 million wave war to me.

Oof, feels good to be cutting through these waves with Riftwalker, Uragiri and all offensive stats. Especially those Plucked Plushies... that I find a little more unsettling than I probably should. Just me? K cool
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
    12/14/2019 1:53:28   
    mds2006

spoiler:

Oh heck.
    The Collector from the They Might Be Giants event in AQW is a furry in the DF timeline.

These guys are interesting... fascinating. Makes me wish they appeared more often than whenever Friday the 13ths ever happen :c
    Post #: 13
    12/14/2019 2:01:03   
      Starflame13

We have defeated 70,637 waves since the war started, 25,795 waves since the last update 60 minutes ago.

Our current speed is 429 wpm , 102 wpm slower than the last update. At this speed it will take us 4 days 17 hours 33 minutes to defeat the remaining 2,929,363 waves.

Next Milestone
    We are currently at 2 percent. To reach 25 percent, we need 679,363 more waves. At our current speed, this will take us 1 days 2 hours 20 minutes.

I challenge you all to finish this war in one week! To finish the war by Midnight (11:59pm) Server Time on Friday the 20th, we need a speed of 294 WPM.

Our fastest speed for this war is 532 wpm and our fastest speed for all recorded wars is 6,786 wpm which was set in the Black Winter War of 2017.

Slowly sliding into skeleton hours, but a very good pace all the same!
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
    12/14/2019 2:42:15   
    Flabagast

3%! I'm gonna take a take a break. Fight hard, skeletons!
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
    12/14/2019 3:00:55   
      Starflame13

We have defeated 100,933 waves since the war started, 30,296 waves since the last update 60 minutes ago.

Our current speed is 504 wpm , 75 wpm faster than the last update. At this speed it will take us 3 days 23 hours 41 minutes to defeat the remaining 2,899,067 waves.

Next Milestone
    We are currently at 3 percent. To reach 25 percent, we need 649,067 more waves. At our current speed, this will take us 21 hours 25 minutes.

I challenge you all to finish this war in one week! To finish the war by Midnight (11:59pm) Server Time on Friday the 20th, we need a speed of 292 WPM.

And with that, I'm stepping off the battlefield for the night. Keep up the good work!
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
    12/14/2019 5:11:27   
    HellsWolf666

Top of the (2) Hour Wave Count Update

We have defeated 181,636 waves since the war started, 80,703 waves since the last update 120 minutes ago.

Our current speed is 672.5 wpm , 168.5 wpm faster than the last update. At this speed it will take us 2 days 21 hours 51 minutes to defeat the remaining 2,818,364 waves.

Next Milestone
    We are currently at 6 percent. To reach 25 percent, we need 568,364 more waves. At our current speed, this will take us 14 hours 5 minutes.

I challenge you all to finish this war in one week! To finish the war by Midnight (11:59pm) Server Time on Friday the 20th, we need a speed of 288 WPM.

Our fastest speed for this war is 672.5 wpm and our fastest speed for all recorded wars is 6,786 wpm which was set in the Black Winter War of 2017.
    DF  Post #: 17
    12/14/2019 6:17:09   
    Flabagast

8% awesome! The day crew will be pleased. Time to crack some facecrackers!
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
    12/14/2019 6:28:11   
    Baron Dante

quote:

You know, I remember the last time we fought a bunch of evil toys. Goodness, I never thought I'd miss the days where all we had to deal with from Frostval was a second rate golomancer.

Amusingly, it was also a show of extreme... laziness on our part.
    On the other hand, we did also bail ourselves out of that in the most spectacular fashion, which is still one of my favorite DF war moments.

That being said, I'm afraid I have other priorities this year, so... I'll have to leave the war effort for y'all. Let me just punch a few dozen thousand toys real fast.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    12/14/2019 7:09:45   
    HellsWolf666

Top of the (2) Hour Wave Count Update

We have defeated 274,127 waves since the war started, 92,491 waves since the last update 120 minutes ago.

Our current speed is 770.75 wpm , 98.25 wpm faster than the last update. At this speed it will take us 2 days 10 hours 57 minutes to defeat the remaining 2,725,873 waves.

Next Milestone
    We are currently at 9 percent. To reach 25 percent, we need 475,873 more waves. At our current speed, this will take us 10 hours 18 minutes.

I challenge you all to finish this war in one week! To finish the war by Midnight (11:59pm) Server Time on Friday the 20th, we need a speed of 282.2 WPM.

Our fastest speed for this war is 770.75 wpm and our fastest speed for all recorded wars is 6,786 wpm which was set in the Black Winter War of 2017.

i might be raising a death flag here but don't you think that 3M waves is a little low compared to other wars? id keep an eye out for a little sneaky from verly and dove when we reach the 50% goal
    DF  Post #: 20
    12/14/2019 7:23:43   
    Baron Dante

^Given that Remmy kinda implied there's two of them around here, I wouldn't be surprised if 50% saw the addition of another 3 million or something.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    12/14/2019 10:03:44   
      Starflame13

We have defeated 408,268 waves since the war started, 134,141 waves since the last update 3ish hours ago.

Our current speed is 745 wpm , 24 wpm slower than the last update. At this speed it will take us 2 days 9 hours 57 minutes to defeat the remaining 2,591,732 waves.

Next Milestone
    We are currently at 13 percent. To reach 25 percent, we need 341,732 more waves. At our current speed, this will take us 7 hours 38 minutes.

I challenge you all to finish this war in one week! To finish the war by Midnight (11:59pm) Server Time on Friday the 20th, we need a speed of 273 WPM.

Our fastest speed for this war is 770 wpm and our fastest speed for all recorded wars is 6,786 wpm which was set in the Black Winter War of 2017.

@HellsWolf666 - most holiday wars tend to be slightly more casual than story-driven wars, so it's not unusual for those to be intended to take a week, which 3-4 million has been the recent standard for.

Good speeds for the skeleton crew! Time to knock out a solid chunk of these dolls over the weekend before real life calls!
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
    12/14/2019 10:44:34   
    MarchingToApril

War, directly after finals?

Well, nothing for it but to SLEEP, I guess.

Time to Slay Lotsa Enemies Easy Peasy
    Post #: 23
    12/14/2019 11:01:23   
      Starflame13

We have defeated 434,042 waves since the war started, 25,774 waves since the last update 60 minutes ago.

Our current speed is 429 wpm , 315 wpm slower than the last update. At this speed it will take us 4 days 3 hours 33 minutes to defeat the remaining 2,565,958 waves.

Next Milestone
    We are currently at 14 percent. To reach 25 percent, we need 315,958 more waves. At our current speed, this will take us 12 hours 15 minutes.

I challenge you all to finish this war in one week! To finish the war by Midnight (11:59pm) Server Time on Friday the 20th, we need a speed of 272 WPM.

Our fastest speed for this war is 770 wpm and our fastest speed for all recorded wars is 6,786 wpm which was set in the Black Winter War of 2017.

Breakfast time for the hungry heroes? Maybe we should get Ruby out on the front line to scare off a few of these dolls!
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
    12/14/2019 11:27:45   
    Alpha Centipede

Just got back from a long day out, and there's a war?

I won't really be free until the weekend is over, so guess I'll war on and off until I complete the Exaltia Tower then.
    DF  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= To War! December 13th Design Notes: Frostval is Here!
    Page 1 of 2112345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition