Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= February 21st Design Notes: Into the Light

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= February 21st Design Notes: Into the Light
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/21/2020 21:13:57   
  Jay
Marauderator
🧭

quote:

Verlyrus
Sunbathing Cat

Into the Light

Hey there, heroes!

This week, we see a return to the main story of Book 3! Last time, a massive Tytan emerged from the rift above Swordhaven, bringing with it a new sun in the sky. The factions have all agreed to set up a meeting to strategize for dealing with this threat, but will they be able to formulate a plan before it's too late?

Head over to Book 3 Swordhaven to find out in this week's quest: Into the Light!

There's also a few changes and bugfixes this week!
  • Stuns and Immobility effects applied by guests have had their efficacy reduced.
    • Such stuns now have a (25 + player's CHA/20)% chance of working on applied turns, to a maximum of 50% at 500 CHA.
    • For example, if you have 100 CHA, and your guest applies a stun, and it is not resisted, the enemy will have a 30% chance to not act on its turn.
  • A message has been added for when a target is not affected on that turn.
  • Fixed issue where if you failed against Caitiff as your dragon, your name would not be returned to normal until a new session.
  • The HHD Chapter 5 bear in Dye Another Day has been replaced to its more obvious location.

And that's all for this week! Next week, look forward to Epoch updates, general fixes, and more Reimagined Book 3!

Have theories about the story? Feedback about recent releases? Having trouble with any fights? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus
DF  Post #: 1
2/21/2020 23:11:25   
Dray

My thoughts:

spoiler:

Man. Has Jaania always had those bags underneath her eyes? The poor woman is clearly a nervous wreck. She's made so many mistakes, done so many terrible things, and there definitely needs to be some sort of comeuppance for the state she's plunged Lore into... but at the same time, what a tragic character she is. Sometimes I wish this was one of those games with, like, a social link system or relationship metrics. I'd max her out, for sure. Hah, I'm becoming one of those "but I can fix her!" people. Can you blame me? She's so well-written, really, the entire concept of the Rose is so well-written. So of course I picked the Rose. Logistically sound? Probably not. But that's where all my favorite NPCs are!

This is what the Rose version of events looked like:

spoiler:

The hero, Victoria, Jaania, and Melissa are all standing up in the highest tower of Swordhaven. We get a report from the portal team--apparently whoever opened the portal specifically made it hard to close again. It's "encrypted." The Golden Hand are having trouble closing it, also, because their retinue of knights can't stand the heat. The Swordhaven crew come up with a plan to stop the Tytan--it boils down to "work together, then throw the hero at our problem" again. Jaania mentions she might know how to protect the city. The problem of the Tytan possibly turning to stone arises. The Tytan fires a laser beam straight down into the tower, creating a very symbolic rift between all parties involved. There's a quick fight with some elementals, culminating in a boss of two "Waste Sentinels." (I think that name's wrong.) Everyone yells at an extremely jittery Jaania to get her rear in gear and cast. She resolves to do so, asking everyone for protection... and then another laser strikes the tower, ending the quest with a fade to black.

God, I love this storyline. Looking forward to seeing what this looked like for the Hand and Vind crews!
Post #: 2
2/21/2020 23:17:02   
Kurtz96

I have a vind and a rose character and both were the same. So I guess all 2 are the same thing time.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
2/21/2020 23:44:00   
mds2006

For some reason, I can't help but find that giant thing look extremely hilarious and I can barely take it seriously <.<

spoiler:

Hopefully Jaania's "plan" involved somehow sacrificing her life to save everyone else.... Yeah, right. Like such an evil beast such as a member of The Rose would do something so noble, let alone its leader.
Post #: 4
2/22/2020 0:42:52   
Primate Murder

Is it me, or does the coloration of Jaania's hand when preparing to cast hint at manaweaving? That also goes in line with her research into the ley lines...
AQ DF  Post #: 5
2/22/2020 1:38:57   
BluuHorseOfficial

I absolutely adored this quest! The dialogue was amazing and the Wastes Sentinels had amazing art! Like always, I can't wait to see how the story goes on. When I started playing the quest, it was so full of dialogue that I thought there would be no battles and I was slightly disappointed (don't get me wrong, the dialogue was great and all) but bam! The Tytan starts attacking and summons a gauntlet of monsters into the already small room. The backgrounds during the fight were also great, I don't think there are that many in which the allies are shown fighting alongside us.

I feel that the request that was made to Jaania to protect the city might lead to Jaania understanding how magic can be used for the welfare of people too and that's what intrigued me the most. I wonder what sort of impact Jaania's spell will have on her perception of magic. I'm also curious to know how we'd approach this Tytan.

quote:

Is it me, or does the coloration of Jaania's hand when preparing to cast hint at manaweaving? That also goes in line with her research into the ley lines...
Eh, it seemed like her hands were glowing with simple Ice Magic to me.
DF  Post #: 6
2/22/2020 4:31:16   
Raven Nori

Not a fan of how weak and indecisive youre trying to make Jaania look, as well as every other person in the room ganging up on her. The goal is unity isnt it? Not unity against Jaania.
Post #: 7
2/22/2020 5:35:28   
dragon_master

Very enlightening, to say the least.

I just wish the Hero stopped breaking the 4th wall so much... IMO, it kind of breaks the tension.
DF  Post #: 8
2/22/2020 6:19:19   
Flabagast

First things first.

spoiler:

Confirmation at last! The Rifts DO lead to the Wastes! I didn't expect to get it from the names of two bosses, but I'll gladly take it! This really ties everything we've been learning about the Exalted Alliance and their war against the Elements together. The Plains and the Wastes are indeed one in the same! They just describe the same place at two different times. The weapon of Ehr'Ishin, the one at the peak of the Exaltia Tower, devastated the Plains. Only barren Wastes remained after the desolation.

I've been waiting a long time for this and it feels reeeaallly good to finally share my interpretation of all of this!

It seems to me that this quest didn't depend on which faction we went with. I'd imagine it would've taken a heck of a lot longer to make it did have branching dialogue! It makes sense though; a meeting between all three factions, where the Hero can act as a somewhat neutral party between them.

@dragon_master It seemed to me that we were (quite bluntly) pointing out the clear differences between Cryohem and Mr. Golden Sky Whale, the Hero just seems to have a naturally informal way of talking, which I personally don't mind.

Correction:
spoiler:

changed "Planes" to "Plains" as that is how it's written in The Last Stand of Ehr'Ishin. Still not sure what the connection is between the two.

< Message edited by Flabagast -- 2/22/2020 21:21:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
2/22/2020 7:21:34   
hidan_orochimaru

spoiler:

I'm interested in seeing what spell Jaania was planning to cast. One thing that caught my attention was how she said that it'll take some effort to cast because "It's been a while". The first thing that came to mind was the ice crystal spell she used to trap the Hero along with Xan and Warlic back at the end of Book 2, but I can't really see how that would help us right now. Unless she uses it to freeze the sun inside the sun whale's mouth, but that will probably require help from our dragon.

Another awesome release. Thank you Dove and Verly for all the hard work you put into making DF as great as it is now.

< Message edited by hidan_orochimaru -- 2/22/2020 7:22:26 >
DF AQW  Post #: 10
2/22/2020 7:51:45   
charrynator

People keep saying that the lore of the Exaltia Tower is super deep, aside from the boss of the second floor I didnīt really see much, where are getting the info from? is there a post where discuss that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
2/22/2020 10:11:13   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

@charrynator: We are getting the info not only to the Exaltia Tower, but other places in the game too! For example, there are holiday content like HHD 2018 and Lucky Day 2018, which both of them offered a great amount of deeplore that are relevant not only in main story as well as Remthalas and Roirr's dialogues in the Maleurous and the First Weaver stories respectively. The lore of the Exaltia Tower and how it ties to the main story requires you to pay attention visually like the fact that the elementals don't have gems on the forehead and that Augahims we face in the main story don't have chains compared to those we faced in the Inn.

As for the release, the main story was really cool as I liked the changing backgrounds when you faced during the gauntlet as well as the characterization with several characters like Jaania and Victoria. I really cannot wait how the main story continues and how we deal with Kyogre Tytan. I wonder if we will get a good helm like a +25 INT helm as the drop from this quest hints at it after this because those materials are going to diminishing my free inventory space lol.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 2/22/2020 10:38:24 >
DF  Post #: 12
2/22/2020 15:02:39   
The Jop

Great quest, it's times like these I'm reminded that Dragonfable has the most beautiful art and music of all AE games.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/22/2020 17:54:23   
ArcticRaider

Verly or Dove, do you think you can move the spawn on Swordhaven camp (Vind) upon entering so your character doesn't cover the quests-scroll buttons?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
2/23/2020 17:14:22   
Roxas45

Oh I am loving this!

I remember earlier, before the attack storyline, that the cracks were starting to show when it comes to Jaaina.
Her hand glowing that way? She was gonna try encasing us in ice once more, wasnt she.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
2/24/2020 4:46:48   
Dratomos
Helpful!

That was great. Can't wait what happens next and what kind of Helmet we are getting out of this.

But with Friday the 13th coming back next month, I do hope we don't have to wait two months for the next quest.
DF AQW  Post #: 16
2/27/2020 7:40:29   
Zeebuoy

So, umm, does anyone have any idea on how to beat the 2 wastes raiders?

I can't seem to out damage them

Post #: 17
2/27/2020 8:17:49   
spirit of greed

As much as i love this storyline. Friday the 13th is rare and i really love the Maleurous quests. So i don't mind the waiting. Anyway i don't think we need to wait 2 months for the next quest but definitely 1 month
DF AQW  Post #: 18
3/15/2020 0:35:09   
shadow1531

Why is there no full heal before the boss??? Isn't there always a full heal before the boss fight, and there's two of them?!?!?
AQ DF  Post #: 19
3/19/2020 21:11:06   
LurkBlackSmith

Well they'll probably add the full heal later after they find the time to have the healing save break be inserted in between the semi-boss to sentinels
DF  Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= February 21st Design Notes: Into the Light
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition