Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Hi Returning 150 Annihilator Hybrid(?) gearing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Hi Returning 150 Annihilator Hybrid(?) gearing
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/3/2020 7:09:51   
kjh71494

Char page: https://guardian.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=16629186
Level: 150 X-Guardian
Build: I think I was Annihilator Hybrid.. not so sure
I would like to use different skills as well as pets and fully offensive armors, i think thats why i decided to go with annihiltor hybrid
Goal: Im looking for advice on which weapons/spells/pets/armors/or misc to get!
ive got around 38k ztokens ready to use. recently just got myself prime chaos orb(?) which i heard is epic
Post #: 1
3/3/2020 9:23:13   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

While I'd be happy to give you a rating, I'd suggest choosing a slightly narrower specialization. The stat cap has been raised to 250, meaning you can only max out 3 stats. Beastmaster hybrid would need 250 Str/Int/Cha, which would leave you with subpar accuracy and initiative, making an offensive build somewhat difficult. Not impossible, of course, but pretty hard nonetheless.

Do you still wish to go with that? Or do you want a more meta offensive build (250 Str or Int, 250 Dex/Luck), or maybe an offensive beastmaster (250 Str or Int, 250 Dex, 250 Cha)?
AQ DF  Post #: 2
3/3/2020 9:53:56   
kjh71494

how about just hybrid?
str250, int250, luk250 maybe?
Post #: 3
3/3/2020 12:17:20   
Primate Murder

Sure, that works too!

First of all, I'd probably suggest switching to Werepyre subrace. It has a lvl 0 effect that allows you to use Str+Int in place of Dex, not to mention other nifty effects like stun immunity or the strongest Beast Form.

The most common meta these days is stun-locking the monster, then nuking it into oblivion with powerful ele-locked skills. I'll mention a few easily available items here, and you can check out Commonly Used Strategies for a list of all suitable equipment and its combinations.

Weapons

Wind would probably be the weakest element, weapon-wise, so I suggest making it your no-drop. It's also a good idea to align your Awe weapon special to PWD for 3% chance of insta-kill, 4% chance if you also change it to Sword of Awe.

Blazing Bloodzerker Sword from the Rare GGBs gives you +20% damage (+30% in Blazing Bloodzerker armor) for a negligible hp cost.

Blade of Briar, available after defeating Keyote in the Void, has a weapon skill. Pair it with the subrace Beast toggle or the Bloodzerker toggle for some pretty high damage. P.S. The magic version of the weapon is currently bugged to deal more damage on the skill than it should, giving it the strongest synergy with Bloodzerkers.

Your Horo Show sword is probably the best option for ice, giving you harm compression. If you go with Voidsplinter for harm, MagnaBlade gives you +30% damage.

Terra Bloodzerker sword is an earth copy of the Blazing one.

If you want the best energy weapon in the game, get it now! Due to a lack of story releases, we still have Frostval quests available, but the option should be leaving this Thursday. Complete the Frostval quest in Today's Events, the click to replay the Intro. Among the rewards is the Thunderlord's Staff, which has a toggle between an autohit mode (with a penalty) and an hp-costing Burn infliction. If you do miss it, or you just want a pure damage weapon - Regal Dragonblade in GGBs deals +15% damage for an hp cost.

Morningstar Occult Cross is similar to Blade of Briar - you can click on it to activate a high damage skill that pairs well with Beast Form and Bloodzerkers. When the BoB bug is patched, it's going to be the weapon with the strongest Bloodzerker synergy. If you want a plain damage weapon, Lumenomancer Bloodblade from Rare GGBs deals +20% damage for an hp cost.

Voidsplinter Tether and Sunderer are magic darkness weapons with a harm toggle from UR GGB, and a viable alternative to your Horo Show. Otherwise, you can try out Maw of Chaos (multiplicative darkness damage boost on click) or Infinita Staff (deals a little less damage, but heals a notable amount of mp based on damage dealt).

Edit: I should probably mentions the werepyre blades as well. While not the most meta equipment, they allow you to use your Str+Int for weapon attacks even outside the werepyre armors. There are earth and dark variants.

Armors

Your werepyre no-drop should cover the darkness element.

Blazing Bloodzerker armor from UR GGBs deals +20% damage for a negligible hp cost and has a toggle that locks you to 2x fire damage. Great synergy with weapon skills like Blade of Briar or Morningstar Cross.

Quenching and Terra Bloodzerkers cover water and earth.

The best wind nuke is premium, so I suggest simply using your Rex Rider or Golden Horror werepyre variant.

WKZ, Horo Show and Taladosian remain the strongest options for their respective elements.

The revamped Kindred armor is worth noting separately. It's not an exceptional armor for casual questing, but it can be charged beforehand to unleash a 6x damage skill that follows the element of your weapon and can be boosted by CIT. This makes it very good for cheesing bosses, so I suggest keeping it in your storage.

Shields

Cerberus Ward toggles between fire/dark, providing compression to fit in CIT.

Celtic Wheel's Int drive still makes it the best option for FO builds, and Pies or Father Time work for ice.

Golem Guard has a toggle to slightly lower your damage intake.

Umazen Aspis is a -26 energy shield, making it the best choice for energy.

Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM - which increases the accuracy of all your attacks and spells.

Spells

Your Summon Poelala spell is colored blue, which makes me think you have the old, low-level variant. If I'm wrong, my bad. If not, get the proper scaling guest from UR GGB for a boost to you magic damage. For that matter, if you plan on using melee weapons, it may be a good idea to return Dunamis to active inventory as well.

Your armor nukes should be as least as strong if not stronger than your spells. Maybe keep D-Burst for farming, but otherwise I'd suggest replacing them all with utility spells.

Purple Rain is a great meta enabler.

Imbue spells are some of the best ones available, though they cost tokens. They're quickcast and can change the element of all your weapon attacks and skills. Of particular notice are Fire Dragon Talon (+50% damage, need I say more?); Terror Fist (change WKZ damage to dark + chance to stun); and Dragonslayer Aura (void damage against dragons - great synergy with Dracomorgify).

Here are some other great options to choose from:

- Sizzler 'Splosion is an autohit earth spell. It deals less damage than a standard spell, but can come in rather useful against those high-MRM wind monsters. There's also the energy version from Frostval, but I'm not sure if it deserves an active slot, since there are very few dodgy water mobs.

- Essence of Carnage is a rather interesting guest - in Defiant mode it heals your mp based on damage dealt and stores charges to boost your next spell. In Rampant it acts as a lesser version of Dunamis with a Backlash. It does use Cha for stats, though.

- Arms of the Dragonguard cost a turn, but make your next attack an automatic Lucky Strike.

- Angry Trobble, if clicked at the right time, can give you an accuracy boost.

- Finally, if you're willing to spend the $, I'd suggest Buffalot's Beach Bod and Arcane Amplification, qc spells that boost your Str and Int.

Pets

Get Poelala from UR GGBs, and you're not going to need any other pet.

I can give a list of other pets that remain somewhat useful at 0 Cha, but frankly all of them are going to fall short of the almighty Poe.

Miscs

Move Essence Orb to active inventory to cover your sp needs.

Rejuvenating Necklace heals mp based on damage dealt. it can help you keep up the mp needed for your Beast Form.

Shadowfeeder Pendant gives you qc celerity, making it one of the chief meta enablers in the game - especially since it isn't affected by things like Freedom or Boss Boost.

Since Snugglefest is here, you can grab Love Potion for a qc control infliction.

Bell Shell heals a little hp based on the damage you deal. The heal is less than that of CoRS, but Bell Shell doesn't reduce your damage, making it better for FO builds.

Goggernaut Helm is a cheap accuracy booster that doesn't /2 for spells.

There are several good damage-boosting miscs for hybrids. I'd probably advise either Eye of Osiris (Str, Int and accuracy boost) or Murderator Gauntlet (Str+Int boost and a chance to stun the monster).

As you've noted, Prime Chaos Orb is very, very interesting. You can click on it once per turn to increase all damage dealt by 10% (stacks with each use), or you can try clicking on it multiple times per turn - but only with celerity or after stunning the monster, since it will grey out your menu options. Even better, it's a qc version of the Rainbow Raygun - each use scrambles monster's resists, allowing you to set it up for your best nuke.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 3/3/2020 12:28:32 >
AQ DF  Post #: 4
3/4/2020 4:54:12   
kjh71494

can you give me gearing advice for beastmaster mage as well?
thank you so so much!!

beastmaster mage would be
int 250
char 250
luk 250 ??
Post #: 5
3/4/2020 5:57:55   
Primate Murder

250 Int/Dex/Cha, actually. Until the stat revamp goes through, Dex remains a crucial part of nearly every build.

Do you want an offensive or a defensive beastmage?
AQ DF  Post #: 6
3/4/2020 6:17:28   
kjh71494

i would like fully offensive beastmage!
Post #: 7
3/4/2020 10:05:14   
Primate Murder

Vampire subrace would be the most fitting due to Int and Cha toggles, as well as a lvl 4 qc stun.

As far as weapons, armors and shields go, you'll want pretty much the same as above, with a few minor alterations:

- Make sure to use the Voidsplinter weapon for harm and get Cryomancer's Bloodblade for ice.

- Your Vamp no-drop has a good enough wind resistance. Make it your main wind armor and use Angel of Souls for darkness (hp-costing weapon-based darkness skill).

Spells

You'll want a full assortment of guests to take advantage of your Cha. Fire will be covered by your misc.

Gaiden ( update) toggles between water damage and healing.

Skeeter has an hp upkeep, reserving your sp and mp for nukes.

Nezujimbo ( update) has an attack that inflicts Freeze - great synergy with the Bloodzerker nuke.

Doomquake Minions ( update) summons two earth guests at the same time, dealing 2x damage of a standard guest. When Mogloween comes around, you may want to replace it with Sugar Gobbler, which can inflict Petrify.

Hedgemog deals bonus damage for a small gold cost.

Mogsterio and Grimlord are Rare GGB guests for light and darkness that deal 2x damage of a standard guest for an hp cost.

Memet ( update) is the only Harm guest in the game.

Pets

Underwyrmling is the only pet in the game that can harm monster sp. For a more damage-focused pet, Flame Bot deals +50% damage for an sp cost.

Aqua Bot is a water copy of the Flame Bot.

Your Fujin's Curse inflicts DefLoss, giving you a little extra accuracy.

Frost Effigy is a great ice pet. Not only does it inflict Freeze (synergy with Bloodzerker nuke), it also gives you Freeze Potence, increasing Nezujimbo's chances of inflicting the effect as well!

You have Shiny Woolzard, which is an unmatched earth pet, able to inflict either Sleep or EleVuln to increase the damage of your Terrazerker nuke (and Doomquake Minions).

PikaZard has a chance to paralyze the monster. For a more damage-focused pet, grab Hedgemog, which deals extra damage for a gold cost.

You have both Happy Cloud and Fairy Godmother. Choose whichever one you like the most.

Model 294 inflicts EleVuln to max out the damage of your Angel of Souls nuke and the Grimlord guest.

Misc

For the most part, you should use the same miscs as above.

- Murderator becomes superior to the Eye due to the extra Cha it gives.

- Grakma Warhorn calls a fire guest that toggles to inflict EleVuln. It can also inflict you with Berserk - as status that trades accuracy for extra damage. You can use it in place of Bell Shell, since you have a healing guest and your subrace Evolve toggle heals you based on damage dealt.

- Also worth a mention is Frostgale's Remorse. It gives you bonus ice and wind damage, as well as Dex for accuracy, but most importantly - another +20 to Freeze inflictions, giving it great synergy with Effigy and Nezujimbo.
AQ DF  Post #: 8
3/4/2020 13:04:31   
tman2177

Hello, welcome back to AQ!
I started up the game again a while ago on my 150 after taking an extended break so I kind of understand where you're coming from. So many recent updates and changes made within the past year, it's tough to find out where to start! Might I suggest that you take a look at the armor guide by level and element here on these forums? I think you can find some decent armor to go after there, then hop over to the weapons thread. I've been experimenting a bit and I've found some weapons that I'm unsure are new or unique, they're not the best, but they're alright. But, yeah, experimenting, trying new quests and finding new things are ways to go about the game as well and have their merit.

I'm sure there is a spell guide somewhere here on the forums if you are in the market for powerful spells as I am. Though I am not a beast hybrid, but rather a normal hybrid but I'm trying a unique build, or at least I think it's unique. I'll link my char page so you can have a look here:https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=18311759
Anyways, welcome back to AQ and I hope you have fun, enjoy yourself and find new things to delve into and explore in the game.
And, if you do, I think it would be nice to fill others in so they can check it out for themselves :) .
AQ  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Hi Returning 150 Annihilator Hybrid(?) gearing
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition