Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Darches' Suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> Darches' Suggestions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/18/2020 5:51:14   
Darches

• Highlight active inventory slots in shops! Example 1. Example 2.
  • Speed up animations. If you must, create a standard for the maximum animation duration for different types of attacks, and lerp the animations. This option should be toggled OFF by default. Animation time is time spent not making decisions, which is boring. This is a design problem that can be fixed.
  • Allow players to train ALL stats and modify them for a fee. Currently, moving a single stat requires a lot of gold anyway and 100 trainer battles. This only wastes the player's time. I'm suggesting an easier to way to change builds instead of making more characters. This feature will make gear more valuable across builds and provide more potential fun/variety to the average player with just 1 character. It might also improve company profits through the purchasing of more varied gear. If this feature existed I wouldn't have sold my Pixel Ether so long ago, only to regret it now that I've made a mage for fun.
  • Bring back all the old Guardian Giftboxes (replace them with scaling versions). I don't care if you charge 1,000,000 Z-tokens. Please.

I understand you're a busy team. But you could at LEAST implement the inventory highlight if you ever get a few minutes. Thank you for all your hard work.

Update: Some of these have been added! Although the inventory highlight is buggy the default view when scrolled to the top only shows active slots.

< Message edited by Darches -- 4/24/2022 17:34:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
3/31/2020 7:40:52   
  Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

1. I can agree on, but not sure how much MORE useful it would bring to the table. Still, a small minor QOL

2. Nope. Read FSI
quote:

No-Animation Option: An option to remove the animation from the game and reduce it to mere number projection will not be implemented. Graphics make up a huge part of the game. If you are having trouble with the game running slowly due to graphics, you can already reduce the graphics quality to help the game run faster.

3. Agreeable, since DF did change their traininng of stats as well

4. Nope. Same FSI as bringing back rares. Albeit you didn't explicity ask for rares to return, GGBs are essentially rares.
quote:

Rares: While we are not against a rare item being suggested as a reward for a suggested quest or event, suggestions outrightly begging for a rare to come back are not acceptable.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
5/18/2020 2:54:34   
Darches

I didn't suggest no animations. I only suggest normalized animations. If animations were 10x longer people would stop playing the game. Evidently, shorter animations are prefered. If AQ's animations are done with keyframes on a time scale then implementing this might not be too hard. There's no reason for Moonwalker's Grace to be 3x slower than Buffalot's Beach Bod even though they're extremely similar spells. The cast time is just annoying. I remember those old uber armors had really long attack animations... When they were updated the animations were cut down (except Twilight Mantle, because it already had a great animation). Many other games like Prismata let you play really fast and players love it.

Suggestions round 2! I'm willing to pay top dollar (Z-Tokens) for a few things.
  1. Buff Peta Dragon Buster to act like the Dragon Blade against natural dragons (triggers at the start of battle, doesn't work with Dracomogrify). Increase the price if you must. As it stands, it's one of the worst weapons in the game. For a Dragon Blade it's shameful, offering an insignificant damage increase against uncommon enemies despite being premium. It only offers synergy with Dracomogrify on hybrid builds (since it's a melee weapon synergizing with an MP spell) and even when triggered it's weaker than GGB rare swords which cost 40% the price. I'd like to pay tokens for the convenience of not having to quest for the Dragon Blade. Currently Peta is too situational to care.
  2. Retro Peta Dragon Buster with subtly improved art.
  3. Raging Lava Void Dragon. (The skin should be darker/shinier, it's just a mockup) It randomly deals fire or half void damage, with a 20% chance of blasting lava everywhere damaging you and the monster (multi-hit). Damage is concentrated on the special attack (*0.75 normal, *2 special).

If you decide to add these, my tokens are ready. Alternatively, I'd buy the custom face package if I could get the RLVD instead.

< Message edited by Darches -- 4/24/2022 17:36:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
5/18/2020 3:56:39   
CH4OT1C!

Number 1 is just not going to happen. There's a reason why the Dragon blade (in that form) is only available as a temporary weapon, that being it's incredibly overpowered to be able to deal true void damage against such a large group of monsters, especially as you can use the Dracomorph series to widen that to anything not immune to shapeshift. Number 3 is much more reasonable, provided you deal /2 damage on the void attacks (because void resistances are set to 200%)
AQ  Post #: 4
5/18/2020 5:11:34   
Darches

quote:

Buff Peta Dragon Buster to act like the Dragon Blade against natural dragons.
An expensive Dragon Blade that doesn't work with Dracomogrify cannot be OP in a game that already contains a free Dragon Blade that does.
Having an expensive token weapon as a convenience feature for paying players is FAR from game breaking and the least controversial balance change I can imagine.

More suggestions: Rename War's Legacy's Panic skill and Jalek's Panic Reaver to avoid player confusion since neither deals with the panic status.

< Message edited by Darches -- 5/18/2020 6:38:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
5/19/2020 19:46:09   
Legendary Ash

Dragon Blade has a trigger of 30%, its power is only justified by the gauntlet of battling an average of 32 Dragonkins ranging from .5 to 3.75 Power or 8 Essences at 3.75 Power equivalent to 30 Power 1 standard monsters.
Its triple strength of a standard 10% trigger and double strength of an Element+Dragon 15% trigger on Elemental Dragon/Draconic Blades.

Its very easy to recognize through its power and popularity that it will be game breaking and harmful to set the precedent that a time consuming process that resets on each log out can be replaced by a mere one time price in exchange for indefinite log in sessions.
The immediate consequence is upsetting balance and time taken away from large projects such as class updates on the long run as Devs will have to be consistent with this suggestion by delivering buffs to all trigger equipment whether or not players actively demand it.
They will have to develop a new pricing standard on the basis of time saved from one's lifetime akin to life insurance placing a monetary value on the basis of one's salary and years lost in their lifetime as a result of early death.
AQ  Post #: 6
5/21/2020 16:24:57   
Darches

I forgot to mention, the shop for the blade should only be available after defeating the essence dragons.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
5/21/2020 16:55:27   
battlesiege15

The staff don't want to have an OP token weapon that will disrupt the balance of the game. All items have to be balanced so if you want a buff on the Dragon Blade of 30%, you have to have a heavy downtrigger and/or extra damage taken by the player. Furthermore, the staff have discussed they don't want items to be more than +25% boost for weapons which is why they changed some items like Zealot's Wrath and essentially balance nerfed it.

I understand it would be more convenient to have a Peta Dragon Buster that acts like the Dragon Blade but that's exactly why it's not existent. Dragon Blade is an item you have to battle and earn. If they had a permanent version of it even if it were tokens, then the price would have to pay in terms of damage due to convenience.

Personally, I don't view the Dragon Blade as "free" as it is locked behind Guardianship and also has a quest to earn it (not very hard really besides the Wind Essence but still).

Don't forget, Peta Dragon Buster is not as strong as the Elemental Dragonblades because it ele-seeks so it's essentially an 8-in-1 Dragonslaying weapon.

If you do want a stronger Dragonslaying weapon, it would have to be mono-elemental with MC going towards damage as well as either an additional cost (HP/MP/SP) or taking in extra damage, etc.

Hope these points make sense.
AQ AQW  Post #: 8
5/21/2020 17:04:45   
CH4OT1C!

The scenario @Legendary Ash describes is perfectly plausible if something like this were to be implemented. At the very least, we would have to consider this to be an exception rather than the rule. That situation is little better, as we would have just introduced a permanently overpowered item into the game, which would be harmful even excluding that it opens the possibility of setting a new precedent. The caveat of it only being available once the Essence Dragons have been defeated makes absolutely no headway to solving that problem. We should not comparing temporary items (which are often overpowered) to the permanent equivalent, let alone contemplating the introduction of one of them permanently into the player inventory without adhering to standards.

However, in the interests of constructive criticism, it would be feasible (and potentially reasonable) to introduce a weakened version of the Dragon blade (with alternate art etc.) with similar effects. Void damage can be achieved simply by halving the damage (so it hits on 100%) resists, and then applying a *0.9 "always useful" penalty. There is a possibility to work that into a trigger, which would give a Dragon blade-esque ability without breaking current standards.

< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 5/21/2020 17:06:03 >
AQ  Post #: 9
6/9/2020 16:13:39   
Darches

Real game designers know that there are times to break standards. It's all about the player experience. I do hope you're aware that things like CIT and Purple Rain are in the game. Balance isn't the first thought of single player games. To make all options equal is to make all decisions meaningless and boring. Also understand that the updated Mega Dragon Blade would eat one of your inventory spaces, in addition to only being useful on natural dragons. Along with the quest requirement and heavy token cost, it has enough penalties to pay.
quote:

The staff don't want to have an OP token weapon that will disrupt the balance of the game.
It's already in the game!!!

New suggestion: Pridesmatic Flag. Deals prismatic damage (random element per hit). EleComp (*132/109) and MC are both used to grant inner strength status: A huge boost to your STR stat while wielding the weapon.
You are filled with pride! +??? STR

< Message edited by Darches -- 4/24/2022 17:38:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
6/9/2020 17:39:49   
Legendary Ash

I think there is a lack of understanding that in terms of mathematics in balance, the equations and maximums are adhered to strictly.

The balance of Rewind is dependent on one's actions, quick-casts and resource conversions are actions that are not accounted for due the the lack of programming to address them.

There is a difference between accountable and unaccountable balance, the latter cannot be regarded as intentional imbalance.

At the end of the day, Devs make the call whether or not to adjust standards, but they won't "break them" on a one off basis as described in Post #6.

Devs are no less of a "real" game designer when they already have and continue to build a functional game, its irrational to insult them in this manner in an attempt to make them receptive to your anecdotal observations.

Dragon Buster was updated to be MC to remove the downtrigger, therefore it won't be subpar against non-dragon kin and yes, standard performance is regarded as useful.

The Flag will not be able to have Elecomp, as its derived from having incorrect elements paired with resistances according to the elemental wheel.
AQ  Post #: 11
6/9/2020 21:37:24   
Darches

I forgot to mention, war momentum is REALLY OP. I guess it should be removed! Oh wow, PWD sure is insane, I guess that should be removed too.
And quit your hyperbole. I never insulted the devs. They've released lots of "unbalanced" things because they know what they're doing. I will say however that simply developing a game doesn't make anyone a good designer. If it were that simple there wouldn't be mountains of trash games.

EleComp for prismatic weapons is *132/109. The Pridesmatic Yoyo that just released has it too. The strength boost is for flavor.

< Message edited by Darches -- 11/21/2020 4:55:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
6/10/2020 7:38:48   
CH4OT1C!

*132/109 is around a 21% melee damage boost. That means, provided your Pridesmatic flag suggestion shifts between the 8 standard elements on a hit-by-hit basis, 21% melee to play with, upped to 26% with MC. Buffalot, costing 431sp (*1.1 cost due to non-elemental) is worth 100% melee, and provides 102 STR over 3 turns, for a total of 306 STR. This means that 102 STR is worth 100/3 = 33% melee. Your 26% melee would be worth 102/33*26 = 80 STR. Nothing close to 138. With that said, the flag is an interesting item, and I would like to see it implemented.

Also, just to clarify:
- PWD is balanced, for complicated reasons surrounding the 20-turn formula and monster levels.
- War momentum was implemented for the purposes of speeding up the drudgery of fighting thousands of monsters. The effect is purely restricted to an active war, which prevents abuse on the other 99% of quests. It was a deliberate situation in which the staff chose to break game balance.

< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 6/10/2020 7:45:14 >
AQ  Post #: 13
6/13/2020 20:18:03   
Legendary Ash

Momentum takes into account the lag accumulated in one log in session on a browser as animations/art are loaded on a per battle basis, an Adventurer server player has to deal with the additional load of an advertisement at the bottom of the game window, with an eventual non-responsive state of the browser and requiring a re-open.

PWD is balanced on a 10 turn model, when it has a random special 90% is not MC only 10% is MC, the 5% is folded to 50%, Death Element is 1/1.3 to the standard resistances, 1.3(100+(10+50)/.1)) = 910% melee, in an aligned to PWD special, the equation starts off as 1.3(100+(10/.01) = 1100%, the MC is used to increase the proc rate instead of damage therefore an inverse of 10+5 = 15/10 is applied, that equates to 953.33% melee, both of these values are considered close enough to the 1000% damage from weapon+spell required to defeat a standard Power 1 mob, which translates into an auto-death.

I advise against trying to find examples of what you assume are unbalanced equipment without providing the slightest of evidence to indicate that they indeed are, as that is a poor strategy in itself that is not in alignment with how a business conducts itself under constraints of time, they proceed with changes that require less work, the minority is usually adjusted to conform to the majority when there is conflicting characteristics, unless there is a logical and rational reason to proceed in the opposite direction, and needs to be consistent with the most up to date standards.

AQ's standards have changed 15 times within three defining periods: Pre-Sweep 2003-2010, Interim 2010-2013, (Subtractive/Additive)-Multiplicative 2014-Present.
It can be said that for each modernization act, the previous standard was a time where they didn't know what they were doing, they recognized their error and brought change.
If your claim was correct, why then would they change?

As the Flag's initial post does not state that it shifts elements, EleComp refers to the bonus of an element locked Armor/Shield 's Skill/Spell.
It would appeal to a wider audience by adding a toggle for Ranged/Magic since its a polearm and Magic can be infused to anything with respective Mainstats boosts, however a Flag is a common medium of representation, it would earn you creativity points to give it fresh form like how it was applied to a Yo-Yo.
AQ  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> Darches' Suggestions
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition