Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Build help

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Build help
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/26/2020 16:23:06   
zfloydz

Trying to convert from a hybrid to a mage. Looking for ideas to make my mage build better. Trying to build up my LUK to 250.

Here is my character link, clicky

< Message edited by zfloydz -- 3/26/2020 18:08:12 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 1
3/27/2020 1:31:29   
Primate Murder

As a general rule, pure FO mages go for a 250 Int/Dex/Luck build, maximizing their damage, accuracy and initiative.

Weapons

Earth has some great stuff in Terrazerker armor+weapon, so I would suggest changing your no-drop to energy.

Blazing Bloodzerker sword in your storage is the strongest fire weapon there is, dealing +20% weapon damage and having great synergy with the Bloodzerker armor.

Terra Bloodzerker's sword for earth.

For wind, you'll want Kazemai Athame or even a basic Magestaff to optimize Warmaster's Burst.

Lumenomancer's Bloodblade is a light copy of Cryomancer's.

Agony's Embrace is generally considered the strongest darkness weapon available, but you may also consider Voidsplinter Tether or Sunderer to have a harm damage weapon. Jalek's Panic Reaver may also be worth a look if you get Terror Fist imbue spell.

Armors

WKZ, Moglord, Horo Show and Taladosian have old standard nukes for their elements. Bloodzerkers cover fire and earth.

The remaining elementsof wind and darkness should be covered by your no-drop Vamp armor, but if you want nukes, Angel of Souls has an hp-costing weapon-based skill and Aeromancer's Robe has great synergy with Warmaster's Burst.

Shields

You'll want CIT to max out the damage of your armor nukes and Cerberus Ward to cover the necessary compression.

You have the rare Accordion shield, which is great for Vamps and meta builds. Its Control potence has great synergy with both Mesmerize and Love Potion.

Golem Guard has a toggle to take reduced damage.

Golden Dragon Head shield boosts your LS rate, making it the best option for high-Luck builds. Alternatively, Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM, thus increasing your accuracy.

Spells

Outside of the wind Warmaster's Burst (and Archmage Research if you did not get a harm weapon), your damage spells are going to be completely overshadowed by your armor nukes, making them a subpar use of your spell slots.

Summon Poelala is your first UR priority, providing a noticable damage boost to your magic attacks.

Purple Rain is always worth a slot, along with any number of meta boosts:

- Moonwalker's Grace for an accuracy boost.

- Arms of the Dragonguard, which is not quickcast, but makes your next attack an automatic LS, which is great for high-Luck builds.

- Imbues can be pretty op. Aside from ele-shifting shenanigans (especially when paired with WKZ), Fire Dragon Talon deals +50% damage, Dragonslayer Aura deals void damage against dragons (nice synergy with Dracomorgify), Terror Fist gives you a darkness nuke and a chance to stun the monster.

You have Mogloween portal painting, so you can still get Knife to Meat You - a quickcast earth damage spell.

Sizzler Splosion deals subpar damage, but autohits, which can be pretty nice against high-MRM mobs.

Miscs

Love Potion gives you a qc stun, one that stacks with Vamp's Mesmerize and has synergy with Accordion shield.

Taladosian Pendant has Mental Potence, further increasing your chances of mesmerizing the monster.

Prime Chaos Orb has a qc skill that can shuffle monster's resists, making them weaker to your strongest nukes. As an additional bonus, each use of the skill also increases the damage they take, making this one of the best miscs in the game.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 3/27/2020 1:38:55 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
3/27/2020 12:49:27   
zfloydz

Thank you so much for this help. It is challenging to accept the new style of playing that encourages one to stun powerful monsters in order to beat many of them.
Many of these excessive uses of "stun strategies" have strayed from many past strategies that encouraged one to use the greatest elemental protection as possible to defend from strong monster attacks.

It appears that I have some of the better equipment of this game as listed here: https://sites.google.com/view/adventurequestequipmentguide/home

Much of this equipment appears to not be adequate enough, without using excessive "stun strategies," to beat some of the newer bosses.

Not sure where one goes from here...

< Message edited by zfloydz -- 3/28/2020 22:29:11 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 3
3/30/2020 12:48:45   
zfloydz

Some issues have been resolved by using these mage stats. Using some defensive armors has also helped. "Stun strategies" appear to be still needed to beat some of the newer bosses.
STR 0
DEX 200
INT 250
END 100
CHA 0
LUK 200

< Message edited by zfloydz -- 3/30/2020 13:16:14 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 4
4/2/2020 3:36:47   
ruleandrew

Certain shields offer reduce y to status z save rolls. You need to use these shield to reduce the effect of boss boast that appear on boss.

Boss boast is add x to status z save rolls.

Status z is a status condition that reduce the monster offensive power.
AQ  Post #: 5
4/3/2020 12:56:27   
zfloydz

Thank you all for your help! I will look at these shields.
AQ AQW  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Build help
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition