Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= June 6th Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Inevitable Equilibrium

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= June 6th Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Inevitable Equilibrium
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/8/2020 13:42:43   
Kurtz96

I keep hearing epoch (I'm assuming UWE) for the duo. But all of epoch's big damage moves are multi-hit and get stopped by the +300 shield. Even with aim boost and dragon scout that is +240 bonus versus +300 defenses and high luck.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
6/8/2020 14:47:52   
arcanum37

Dragon Scout at 200 Assistance is +100 bonus, so you can get a total of +300 bonus with Epoch.

Some examples with UWE:
Video 1
Video 2

< Message edited by arcanum37 -- 6/8/2020 14:54:07 >
AQ DF  Post #: 27
6/8/2020 17:06:47   
Sienrid

Heya, you can do the duo with Ranger. Here's a general idea with the first few turns, requires some generous gear swapping, 5 pots, and food (no guests). You can also use Technomancer with 5 pots and food as well with a pretty standard rotation/strategy, so I didn't write that one up. Chaosweaver seems doable as well without food but with favorable luck. Riftwalker also seems to be a viable candidate, though I don't have a leveled Riftwalker alt to try it with.

Also, this fight is incredible, definitely deserving of an anniversary month release. Doverly really outdid themselves.

Also also, thanks Marthe for the EE

DF  Post #: 28
6/9/2020 0:04:54   
AstralCodex

I agree with Marthe + TFS, this fight has amazing visuals and mechanics. I still think it leans a bit on the hard, especially due to the direct hit issue Marthe points out, but now that we've made progress figuring out their mechanics, it's doable with many classes.

I've personally done it with Eternal Epoch and with V2 (though I doubt many people have v2 and not any epochs). I recorded my V2 run here.
DF  Post #: 29
6/9/2020 0:37:30   
Marthe

@Sienrid No problem, Mister Ranger player. You doing it with Ranger does the rest of us a favor, because now we don't have to be the ones proving it can be done with Ranger. :)

< Message edited by Marthe -- 6/9/2020 0:43:33 >
DF  Post #: 30
6/10/2020 2:19:00   
Kurtz96

I finally beat the duo (though I will admit I watched TFS video and copied their moves turn per turn). The one thing I wish was that this new helm was also color custom like the fierce dragonlord helm.

Now to do it again for my alt that doesn't have UWE

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 6/10/2020 2:21:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
6/10/2020 4:26:03   
Marthe

For anyone who's having trouble keeping track of rotations, I recently prodded Solanaceae into making this flowchart. My 1 brain cell and I will need this for purposes, so I figured I might as well share it.

https://pastebin.com/esPjr8ty
DF  Post #: 32
6/13/2020 21:06:01   
Kurtz96

Finally beat duo with DmK V2 with my alt. With the rotation down and a little RNG it actually isn't that hard. Thanks to AstralCodex for example video.

I notice that the helm is now color custom which is nice. But what was the point of putting the equilibrium paldrons toggle behind this duo when it was coming out free to every DA holder a week later?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
6/13/2020 23:09:00   
TFS
Helpful!

You cannot equip any of the Equilibrium armor pieces until you defeat the duo.
DF  Post #: 34
6/13/2020 23:52:30   
Kurtz96

Yeah, on second thought that makes sense and is obvious.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 35
6/20/2020 12:02:24   
Super12345

Speaking of dragons, I wonder if Fluffy in some shape or form will be added as an Inn challenge. I wonder if Fluffy will return at all in any way. I can imagine Gravelynn wanting her own dragon if she ever sees ours and daddy deciding to bring back Fluffy for her.
AQ DF  Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= June 6th Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Inevitable Equilibrium
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition