Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: DK Part 3, Summer Donation Contest, Independence Days

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: DK Part 3, Summer Donation Contest, Independence Days
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/2/2020 20:30:03   
Master Guardian

The Veywild set kind of reminds me of the Witcher. The mount reminds me of a Leshen and the armor reminds me of Eredin. I like it but I'm always a little apprehensive about donating a lot to the drives. The items usually seem to be worth it but it's hard for me at least to donate an indeterminate amount for items I don't know the details of. I will be getting the shield and the misc, and maybe see if I can decide more from there. I also have a character that needs to go pay a visit to Uncle Krenos and pickup that katana asap
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 26
7/3/2020 15:06:13   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Yes, Spirit of Freedom is available again! Part III of our epic Dragonlorn Keep Summer event is live! Fraught with peril, the Far West will test your might and wits. Can you survive the journey to uncover secrets that no mortal has returned after witnessing?

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 7/3/2020 15:40:56 >
AQ  Post #: 27
7/3/2020 16:50:51   
RobynJoanne

That quest was absolutely fantastic. I haven't replayed it yet, but I'm reminded of the Frostval quest Test of Thunder with the choices involved. I'm also loving the status effects. The changing with the background was a very nice touch, and the in-story reasons for the lack of healing was a great way to justify a little challenge on resource management.

The spell is really cool, providing both a stacking darkness elemental empowerment and a Champion set FSB-type effect with a permanent stacking blind. I had never thought that we would be getting a F2P Realm-type spell. The pet costs Z-tokens, so I'll be waiting for the info subs for that.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 7/3/2020 17:36:10 >
Post #: 28
7/3/2020 16:51:30   
Greldracion

First off, thanks to whoever put 5k Z-tokens into the pools, I can probably grab an estate now. Second, I haven't even finished the quest yet and I can say I'll probably be pleasantly annoyed by the mechanic, having external conditions to fight under puts a cool spin on our normal battle formula.
AQ  Post #: 29
7/3/2020 17:03:49   
RobynJoanne

@Greldracion
Congrats on the 5k Z-tokens! Do remember that you can place a museum on your estate for an extra GGB per month when you have the Z-tokens to afford it.
Post #: 30
7/3/2020 17:32:23   
Greldracion

I don't think that will really be a problem, after that first fight the next proceeded to also drop 5k tokens but the quest so far is great, I like how there are 2 parts to it, and there's at least 3 persistent effects that will challenge players to think on their feet. Great job team, I feel quite satisfied with this release.

< Message edited by Greldracion -- 7/3/2020 17:35:40 >
AQ  Post #: 31
7/3/2020 17:48:59   
Red Blood

The desert section really didn't pose much of a challenge for my character as I had over half the supplies remaining but with some tweaking could provide a bit more of a challenge. The boss rush was a challenge however the "final" boss ended up feeling much weaker as a result for me at least but then again not everyone has 5000 hp to tank all those hits while bursting down the summoner. The spell sounds great just from reading it but for the pet waiting for the info dump is best if you don't have a horde of tokens I feel.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
7/3/2020 18:05:54   
Kurtz96

The spell in cool but unfortunately it does not stack with Maw of Chaos. The spell has a stronger boost than Maw of Chaos (1.25 for 2 turns vs 1.15 for 1 turn) but it is not quickcast.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
7/3/2020 18:16:41   
Greldracion

So, I love the bar this set's for future content, normal, challenge, or otherwise.

Mid boss was pretty cool, easy to kill with a burst setup but turtle builds may struggle without a Burn removal.

Final boss was a pretty cool design, foresight will make it easier to farm, but the fact that you can't kill multiple minions at once really puts a damper on the fight for me, and single hit attacks, nuke or otherwise will have trouble dealing with the boss, since they'll have to contend with all three minions essentially throughout the fight. One idea might be to have the player go through the enemies sequentially, instead of having following attacks go straight for the main enemy. If that's not possible then maybe adding a cooldown/having the minions cost mp to summon (I do apologize if the fight works this way already, I was more invested in the fight itself to notice) or players may just need to know the fight, and plan accordingly. All in all though, I loved this quest and the mechanics that were implemented.

Spell, I LOVE IT. Firstly, my compliments to Hollow and whatever other artists may have worked on the backgrounds of this quest series, seriously, top notch. Secondly, the effects of the spell are pretty stellar too, and can open up a lot of build potential, I believe, both for warriors and mages.

No input on the pet, Don't have much tokens to invest yet on frivolous expenditures, though I might get it if more tokens come my way during this event.
AQ  Post #: 34
7/3/2020 18:33:46   
J9408

A elemental realm type spell. Now that is new.
Post #: 35
7/3/2020 18:46:58   
Zennistrad

Not sure how to feel about the darkness spell. It almost seems like it's worse than Runic Binding, since it doesn't inflict Elevuln.

On the other hand, I haven't really tested it much yet. I might give it a try with the ShadowWalker of Time armor, it seems like the Blind would have a fair amount of synergy with the full set thanks to its blocking bonus.
AQ  Post #: 36
7/3/2020 18:49:10   
Kurtz96

What is the gimmick of the final enemy you fight? I fought it twice with two different options chosen beforehand and it never spawned any other skeletons or did anything.
Using both nuke and defensive strategies were equally easy.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
7/3/2020 18:50:08   
Red Blood

Yeah the summoner was more of the threat as I saw it if he could resummon the minions so I just burst him down then mopped them up with a standard 3 hit attack. Harder to do with a mage/ non endurance warrior if you can't kill the main foe quick enough under the firing line I'd expect.
The choice is entirely just based on the mid boss fight I think with 3 options being killing/ outsmarting them and then the one challenge fight with limited healing against the full line up.

< Message edited by Red Blood -- 7/3/2020 18:53:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
7/3/2020 18:55:05   
Kurtz96

I never faced a summoner of any kind. I had a shadow possessed raider one run through and a shadow possessed poacher the other run through.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
7/3/2020 18:57:17   
Red Blood

Oh well I called it a summoner but it was the Poacher just assumed people would get it based on what the main effect of his fight was. But if that fight changed then perhaps the choices do lead to another final fight than just one set end boss.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
7/3/2020 18:57:38   
RobynJoanne

@Zennistrad
On the other hand, EleVuln requires a status roll to land. That said, Runic Binding also provides a universal EleEmpow and is probably better for nuking builds due to its universality.

In other news, info subs are out. The pet is quite a bit less interesting than the spell.
Post #: 41
7/3/2020 21:44:56   
Ashmander

DK! Donkey Kong! Ha DK.! Donkey Kong is here!

sorry could not resist this thread's initials made me think of that. i'm lucky i'm not make puns with 3

ether i hope to try out the new and newish items soon

< Message edited by Ashmander -- 7/3/2020 21:54:00 >
Post #: 42
7/3/2020 22:45:18   
10speed12

Out of idle curiosity Hollow, is the AQ classic team collaborating with the DF team for this saga's storyline? Or at least working closer together than normal?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
7/4/2020 5:43:00   
Primate Murder

Damn, Cray really outdid himself this time!

spoiler:

- Quest-based statuses, incorporating the environment, tactics and lore!
- Multiple courses of action you could take, which is always highly welcome, both mechanically and for role-playing.
- Controlled healing, paired with additional status effects. The separation of hp and mp healing is slightly biased against mages, but that, by itself, is also surprisingly fun - I can't recall the last time I actually had to use my Rejuvenating Necklace.
- Inclusion of actual pre-quest planning, and multiple mentions of the fact that the whole thing took days, if not weeks - works great thematically with campfires, potions, statuses and a fairly high monster count. I would have liked to see the route on map or something, though.
- References to Dragonfable, complete with the ruins of Falconreach. (Really ups the hype for the next DK release!)

There are a few minor issues (for example, the Challenge battle had 6 monsters with heals every two, instead of 4 with no heals), but overall, I find the release truly outstanding.

spoiler:

P.S. By the way, am I the only one wondering what the 'Mysterious Necromancer' was doing there? By referring to Falerin as a peer, he blatantly calls himself a god, and yet he had nothing better to do than stand on the roadside making cryptic statements?

P.P.S. It's been mentioned by others, but the new spell really is great. The animation is totally badass, and a spell specifically for dodgy style FO gameplay really stands out in a good way.
AQ DF  Post #: 44
7/4/2020 9:43:12   
battlesiege15

Can the spell effect stack?
AQ AQW  Post #: 45
7/4/2020 13:16:06   
RobynJoanne

The spell stacks upon itself and Maw of Chaos if used after Maw of Chaos. Maw of Chaos is not clickable once there is an EleEmpow to prevent an infinitely stackable QC EleEmpow, so it must be used first to get both effects. FYI Maw of Chaos isn't usable after Runic Binding as well for the same reason. Neither stacks with Runic Binding, however.
Post #: 46
7/4/2020 14:01:36   
sunblaze

Very interesting quest. Excellent work!

As for the donation contest. not gonna donate at all until I have at least an estimate what the top 50 donated the last time.
I'd like the pet sure but spending without any limit is not my goal.
AQ  Post #: 47
7/4/2020 14:54:41   
red vector

I thought the quest was great, if pretty easy, though that may be because the status effects aren't working properly. I didn't have any reduced SP either from the Unbearable Heat or On The Move, and I didn't notice a difference from the Sudden Cold. Apparently the Shadow Poacher's minions were supposed to inflict Choke? That never happened.

I also fought a Darkness Manifestation that 275 STR, 225 DEX, and 275 LUK. Not sure why it had an extra 25 stat points.

That being said, from what I'm hearing, the Darkness spell is great, and I'm really considering moving up my timeline for creating new characters.

quote:

Primate Murder said: By the way, am I the only one wondering what the 'Mysterious Necromancer' was doing there? By referring to Falerin as a peer, he blatantly calls himself a god, and yet he had nothing better to do than stand on the roadside making cryptic statements?

Holy crap, I really need to work on my reading comprehension. Where did he say that? I only caught the mention of Diviara.

quote:

Ashmander said: DK! Donkey Kong! Ha DK.! Donkey Kong is here!

Heh. Trust me, you're not the only one thinking it.

< Message edited by red vector -- 7/4/2020 14:58:58 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 48
7/4/2020 16:50:29   
raylas

Sweet. Virgin. Mary.

The Shadow Claimed poacher may just be the most diabolical and headache-inducing thing I've ever seen.

It's literally an infinite cheap shot/pest generator, with through-the-roof defense. Well played, that thing comes from the darkest pits of the underworld.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
7/4/2020 17:13:08   
J9408

quote:

The Shadow Claimed poacher may just be the most diabolical and headache-inducing thing I've ever seen.

It's literally an infinite cheap shot/pest generator, with through-the-roof defense. Well played, that thing comes from the darkest pits of the underworld.

It is like a dodgy ver of The Legion. Scary combo.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: DK Part 3, Summer Donation Contest, Independence Days
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition