Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Z-Token Sale until July 31st + Paladin Class II - Skills 10 of 20

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Z-Token Sale until July 31st + Paladin Class II - Skills 10 of 20
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/10/2020 15:51:13   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

There is a lot more being implemented with the new Resurrection skill, so we are going to need one more day for this release.

Some updates are also being worked on for the first batch of Z-Token items:

UIK will be made to scale
Possible new tiers for Felled Gunfighter, Aracknight, and Cello Bow
AQ  Post #: 26
7/10/2020 18:54:57   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Been a while since I used and heard Aracknight. Glad to see that getting some love.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
7/10/2020 19:52:11   
J9408

I remember when it was first released, it was loved for the cool attack animations. Same goes for Felled Gunfighter.
Post #: 28
7/11/2020 0:34:59   
Bolter

I hope you all will be able to update the remaining elemental dragon blades that are not yet lv150(plvl153) soon, like what you all did with the Ice Dragon Blade a few weeks ago.
AQ  Post #: 29
7/11/2020 0:49:48   
Nameless King

The one in Dragonstone at Galanoth?
Post #: 30
7/11/2020 1:49:38   
Noremak Soothsayer

Ice Katana getting swept? Does that mean my French Vanilla will get swept too?

Also, armor of sensing could use a complete overhaul, scaling and art. Asgir set and Troposhield could use some updating.

< Message edited by Noremak Soothsayer -- 7/11/2020 1:53:51 >
Post #: 31
7/11/2020 3:47:33   
Bolter

quote:

The one in Dragonstone at Galanoth?

Yeap, though the Energy and Wind variants are behind the Guardian Dragon War quest at Dragonspine.
AQ  Post #: 32
7/11/2020 5:36:41   
Nameless King

Ahhh thanks for the info~Now I want to look into it~Also,I am very happy that Aracknight and my former Water armor Felled Gunfighter will have a tier update to it~
Post #: 33
7/11/2020 13:27:28   
sobodobo

I like the armor of sensing the way it is, but I would like to see a higher lvl version where it retains its horrible resists but improves in other ways.

< Message edited by sobodobo -- 7/11/2020 13:32:50 >
Post #: 34
7/11/2020 17:28:34   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The release is live - visit the Halls of Honor to master 5 new powerful Paladin Skills!

Also a reminder:
quote:

For this part of the release I'd recommend not being lvl 10 going into it. One of the visuals that unlock in the Halls of Honor once you reach lvl 10 is a pretty big spoiler.
AQ  Post #: 35
7/11/2020 18:46:03   
DiscordDrake

I can't seem to figure out what the Level Nine ability is.
Post #: 36
7/11/2020 19:24:18   
RobynJoanne

People really should reset their class levels before doing this. The new decorations are quite the spoiler.

The new class skills are as follows:
Paladin's Reinforcements will allow us to gain different guests as we level up. I'm actually somewhat reminded of Assassin's Hitokiri, which would gain abilities as we leveled that class up. We currently have access to Daimyo who can toggle between just attacking and attacking and healing with an additional cost.

Harmonic Might is a simple STR and INT toggle. It seems to be a clone of Werepyre's Deadly Predator and may eventually be the full +50 of each stat.

Lay on Hands spends a turn and SP to gain three charges for QC heals. Heals are limited to once per turn.

Like DiscordDrake, I don't know what Unwavering does since Paladin's resistances don't seem to change, and enemy attack elements remain the same.

Defiance is the new resurrection mechanic. If one were to be killed, it seems to keep one at 1 HP and heal afterward based on the number of charges. I don't quite know how to charge defiance, however, since most monsters I face do not add charges per turn. I have only succeeded in gaining charges against the Combat Practice Trainer.

Also, Searing Radiance has new toggles for Panic and Burn + Panic, which is interesting. I'm loving how our lower-leveled abilities gain in power as we level up Paladin.

I thoroughly enjoyed the new class quest. Artix's new attitude is shown quite clearly here.
spoiler:

He would have never stood for a necromantic kingdom like Granemor in the past. Just wondering, but does our knight kingdom affiliation affect the dialogue? I'm a Stormfallen Knight, and the dialogue references that. Regardless, I am so glad to finally resolve the matters with Halenro. I can only imagine how much this has been gnawing at the Chosen and Artix.

@below
It's always interesting to see what different people notice from testing.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 7/11/2020 20:33:27 >
Post #: 37
7/11/2020 19:25:11   
Kay Oh

@above beat me by a minute

Great skills.
First off, the level 3 skill, "Searing", got updated. You can now imbue your weapon to inflict panic, burn or both.
Level 6 skill, "Paladin reinforcement", gives the ability choose 3 different guests to summon (So far only 1 guest is out, Daimyo). You can also toggle whether or not they use SP/MP. V nice.
Level 7 skill, "Harmonic Might" gives you a +30 STR & INT boost.
Level 8, Lay on hands, costs 1 turn to give you 3 quick-cast healing charges you can use for later turns. You can't spend all 3 charges at once, only 1 a turn. Charges carry over to next battle. Pretty neat healing mechanic. (uses END stats I think)
Level 9, is a passive skill "Unwavering", gives you better resistance for undead/demon attacks.
Level 10, "Defiance". This one is very cool. Ability to revive from a death blowing attack. Not only that, you can choose an additional effect upon reviving. The 1st option after reviving is healing on your turn. There are 3 other options that aren't available rn, but I'm going to guess that 1 will be a backlash effect.
Also, you're guaranteed to survive, the skill doesn't account overkill damage which was Revenant's biggest flaw. Great to see improvements :)

@DiscordDrake Level 9 ability is the Unwavering skill, was just a typo that should be fixed now

< Message edited by Kay Oh -- 7/11/2020 19:30:39 >
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 38
7/11/2020 19:36:07   
Zennistrad

The Level 9 skill should make you use Light resistance against Undead attacks, right? It doesn't seem to be working that way for me, they still all deal darkness damage and equipping a shield doesn't reduce the damage they deal.
AQ  Post #: 39
7/11/2020 19:37:01   
DiscordDrake

Alright, I figured it out. There was a minor mistake where Unwavering was labeled as Level Seven, and I logged in before it was fixed.
Post #: 40
7/11/2020 19:54:59   
popinloopy

I assumed it meant it would treat undead attacks as Melee, Ranged, or Magic based on which you have higher defense in. Haven't tested it yet, though, so I can't confirm.

Also, the Level 7 ability says the cost is free, but it costs SP per turn. And while this next one is a placeholder, I find it kinda funny the other summon allies say they are unlocked at class level 99.

EDIT: Tested. Does not seem to change enemy attack type, either. Undead Archers still did ranged damage when my melee blocking was higher.

< Message edited by popinloopy -- 7/11/2020 20:10:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
7/11/2020 20:18:34   
DiscordDrake

Still one thing that needs to be fixed: Defiance doesn't give charges to use.
Post #: 42
7/11/2020 20:45:57   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

There seems to be a bug that I couldn't duplicate in which the display for Defiance remains at 0, but charges are still being accumulated. However, the charges are actually there.

Other than that, Defiance should not build up against any enemies more than 20 levels below you.

Issues with this feature are currently being looked into.
Post #: 43
7/11/2020 20:49:33   
Kurtz96

Defiance gains 1 charge every turn. And if you click on the defiance button it brings up a secondary menu that has a toggle letting you spend some SP to gain 3 charges per turn.

The number of charges is displaying correctly for me. If you mouse over the defiance button a pop up appears and at the end of the description it mentions how many charges you have accumulated.

But I also have no idea what unwavering does. Reading the description I thought it would be like zombie hunter vs undead but nothing happened.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 7/11/2020 20:57:25 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 44
7/11/2020 22:14:23   
Veral77

The Golden Holy Armor has not yet been updated at all, has it?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
7/11/2020 22:19:21   
RobynJoanne

@Kurtz96
I'm still having the defiance glitch if I use Holy Armor against enemies around my level. To test that, I deliberately died while the description stated 0 charges. Defiance activated, so it's just a matter of charges not getting displayed properly. I have cleared my cache.
Post #: 46
7/11/2020 23:52:29   
Greldracion

@RobynJoanne
spoiler:

The knights do reference the different knight factions. I am part of Granemor on my secondary and the Carren said I followed there oath. will be pretty cool too see what all the dialogue for that portion is, to be honest.

Class is quite enjoyable so far. can confirm that the 9th ability works properly in giving you essentially the lowest elemental resistance a level 70-90 class can manage, I was tanking hits from the enemies in the last quest as if I was using my darkness resistant subrace armor. Love all the new skills so far too.
AQ  Post #: 47
7/12/2020 1:05:16   
dragonlord555

Paladin's Passive Stat Toggle seems to linger even when you switch armors, I noticed my Stats were at 315 while in WerePyre
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 48
7/12/2020 1:24:15   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

Any suggestions?

Hollow, we hope you or someone else will be able to update the Battle Stat Trainer & Magic Stat Trainer.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22380092
quote:

3) Quicker stats retraining.
This has been suggested many times before. It's a pain to untrain and retrain our stat points because we have to go through a battle each time.
We should have the ability to choose how many stat points we want to (un)train and then do one battle.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22380093
quote:

3. Agreed especially now that stats are 250.

• We can use the Battle Stat Trainer & Magic Stat Trainer to untrain our stats by clicking on the -5 stat points.

• It would be great if we also can retrain our stats the same way but just by clicking on the +5 stat points.

For more details, see: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22380675

• Post #: 49
    7/12/2020 3:09:06   
    Primate Murder

The new class quest brings along some fun stuff.

spoiler:

We have a new appearance of the pseudo-MN! Does this take place before or after the journey to the West in DL Keep?

And speaking of the West: Artix mentioned something about how his mind is like a compass pointing West, and considering that he was talking about his Detect Evil ability... Coincidence?

Also, regarding the MN - he claims to be a shaman. Have we every seen shamans before in AQ? How do they differ from your run of the mill necromancers? Do they differ?

The Resonant Abomination is actually pretty cool, both in lore and animation (do I sense DF influences?). The existence of a self-reinforcing 'spirit-hive' does raise some interesting possibilities, though. Can other spirits do this? And what could necromancers do, should they get their hands on one? For that matter, are necromancer souls killed in the Rupturing also located in this realm? Can they fuse into a spiritual hivemind?

The idea of slain paladins empowering living ones is actually rather fun. It means that the paladin order would only ever grow stronger, as each paladin killed makes the other paladins more powerful.

It also raises the question - what do spirits actually do in the afterlife? Do they just float around, feeling bored? Because pretty much every spirit we saw was more then willing to ditch that and go help us punch people in the face.

Btw, Defiance seems to only work once per battle. Is that intended?
    AQ DF  Post #: 50
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Z-Token Sale until July 31st + Paladin Class II - Skills 10 of 20
    Page 2 of 3<123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition