Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Paladin Class part III + August 6000 Z-Token Package

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Paladin Class part III + August 6000 Z-Token Package
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/2/2020 7:23:58   
junogx

have the stat trainers ever been updated? i kind of want to rework my build but training each stat one by one is a massive slog
Post #: 26
8/2/2020 8:12:05   
Macho Man

^Agreed 100% Maybe make it so that when you max out a stat the game remembers that you did so, so the next time you want to go back to it you just pay all the gold but skip the fights.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/2/2020 8:17:14   
Uskius

@junogx Stat trainers are still one stat 5 points at a time. :/

Also, how is Unwavering supposed to work? I haven't seen it do anything. No monster attack element switches like Zombie Hunter or Spark of Serenity, no player resistance switching like the Communicant set, no reduced damage of any kind- nothing.
AQ Epic  Post #: 28
8/2/2020 12:26:17   
Bu Kek Siansu

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22382686
quote:

Since the current Z-Token sale is ending so close to the Back-To-School sale, instead of ending the sale for a couple weeks and restarting it, I'm just going to make one final extension to the sale until September 14th!

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22382687
quote:

The Z-Token sale has been extended one final time until September 14th!

Looks like the bonus for the Z-Tokens sale needs to be fixed.

Yesterday August 1, I have purchased the August 6000 Z-Token Package - Spirit of Knowledge
for my 6 AQ game accounts (6 X-Guardian characters), but they have not received the +10% bonus.

< Message edited by Bu Kek Siansu -- 8/2/2020 16:04:22 >
Post #: 29
8/2/2020 12:31:56   
Kurtz96

I also did not get any bonus tokens when I bought the spirit of Knowledge misc.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 8/2/2020 13:44:34 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
8/2/2020 14:32:32   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The sale has been extended to September 14th. We'll get that fixed and add the bonus tokens to anyone that missed them.
AQ  Post #: 31
8/2/2020 17:59:14   
Zennistrad

The Manifestation guest looks good, but sadly I don't think I'll ever use it because it causes my client to lag to hell and back, even with Low settings.
AQ  Post #: 32
8/2/2020 21:49:43   
joac1144

quote:

Also, how is Unwavering supposed to work? I haven't seen it do anything. No monster attack element switches like Zombie Hunter or Spark of Serenity, no player resistance switching like the Communicant set, no reduced damage of any kind- nothing.

I made a summary of the lvl 6-10 skills in my July overview on the wiki, see https://adventurequestwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Blog:Recent_posts. Here's some info on Unwavering:

quote:

Lvl 9: Unwavering

- Makes attacks from undead monsters deal damage as if they were attacking on your armor's lowest resistance.
- Does the same for demons, although slightly weaker, see formula below.
- Undead: resistance = [armor resistance] + 1 * ([armor Light%] - [armor resistance])
- Demon: resistance = [armor resistance] + 0.66667 * ([armor Light%] - [armor resistance])
For the best protection, you should use a shield that protects against the attack element, not against Light.
AQ  Post #: 33
8/2/2020 23:02:17   
popinloopy

I can agree that the Manifestation guest is both visually stunning and beautiful, and also quite laggy even on low graphics settings. I do love it, though. Love how much damage it does in damage mode, however. Makes it worth it, really. The boost is great too of course, but sometimes it's just fun to see your guest do a lot of damage, at least compared to Daimyo and to the Paladin Armaments.

Summon Steed also does quite a bit of damage for a skill with no cost if you have good CHA, which is very nice if you're trying to play through these quests in only the Holy Armor. It's also quite satisfying to see my light resist improve every time I finish a class quest, letting me know the scaling is just getting better and better. All in all, these 5 skills are incredibly useful.

In the end, the story was exciting as well, and the new room "decorations" are good to see. Won't say what they are, of course, just in case.

< Message edited by popinloopy -- 8/3/2020 0:03:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
8/3/2020 0:08:27   
Uskius

@joac1144 Thanks for the info.

And I do think the new "room decorations" are a nice touch, as well. I'm particularly excited to try out the variations of all the abilities later on.
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
8/3/2020 0:29:23   
Zennistrad

quote:

Lvl 9: Unwavering

- Makes attacks from undead monsters deal damage as if they were attacking on your armor's lowest resistance.
- Does the same for demons, although slightly weaker, see formula below.
- Undead: resistance = [armor resistance] + 1 * ([armor Light%] - [armor resistance])
- Demon: resistance = [armor resistance] + 0.66667 * ([armor Light%] - [armor resistance])
For the best protection, you should use a shield that protects against the attack element, not against Light.

I should add that from what I've seen, using the shield from the Paladin Armaments skill works too, so you take damage from Undead attacks as though it were hitting your armor Light resistance + shield Light resistance
AQ  Post #: 36
8/3/2020 0:30:33   
RobynJoanne

@joac1144
Wouldn't a shield against light provide the best protection according to the formulas you provided? Against undead, the armor resistances cancel out, so only light resistance matters. Against demons, light resistance still has a greater weight for overall resistance, so better light resistance is superior to better armor resistance.
Post #: 37
8/3/2020 6:11:35   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

I like how the armor is actually generally feasible to stay in now unlike the other class armors. Imagine what an updated Assassin raiment would be like!
Post #: 38
8/3/2020 7:28:11   
joac1144

quote:

I should add that from what I've seen, using the shield from the Paladin Armaments skill works too, so you take damage from Undead attacks as though it were hitting your armor Light resistance + shield Light resistance

This is correct. The shield has the same effect, so you can use it against any Undead/Demon. I should probably add that to the blog post.

quote:

Wouldn't a shield against light provide the best protection according to the formulas you provided? Against undead, the armor resistances cancel out, so only light resistance matters. Against demons, light resistance still has a greater weight for overall resistance, so better light resistance is superior to better armor resistance.

You're not supposed to be as well protected against Demons, so it's intended that your resistance against Demons isn't as low as your Light resistance would be using a Light shield.
The skill modifies your resistances before taking a shield into account. Using the formula against a Demon with the attacking element as Fire, using the current lvl 70 Paladin armor at class level 15:
resistance (Fire) = 62 + 0.66667 * (51 - 62) = 54.66663%
Then it takes your shield into account, and since the element of the attack doesn't get changed to Light, you'll want to protect against Fire in this case.
Fire% = 54.66663 - 26 = 28.66663%
AQ  Post #: 39
8/3/2020 13:09:51   
RobynJoanne

@joac1144
Thanks for the reply. I understand now. In retrospect, I was always using Resonant Bulwark in my testing, so it seemed that it was better to just bring my light resistance as low as possible.
Post #: 40
8/6/2020 15:15:17   
Uskius

Is there going to be any new release/update/quest this week? I still haven't heard anything about one.
AQ Epic  Post #: 41
8/6/2020 15:16:00   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

I believe there was an issue with the newsletter, but we'll be releasing a new Void boss shortly!
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Paladin Class part III + August 6000 Z-Token Package
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition