Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Z-Token Sale, Dragonlorn Keep V, 20K & 6K Z-Token Packages

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Z-Token Sale, Dragonlorn Keep V, 20K & 6K Z-Token Packages
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/24/2020 12:30:47   
Bu Kek Siansu

Home Page: http://www.battleon.com

--------

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=22382687

Z-Token Sale!
Until September 14th Z-Token packages give up to an extra 25% bonus Z-Tokens!

--------

Dragonlorn Keep V - Forlorn Wake:
Moving beyond the sorrowful walls of Falconreach, it's time to take to the wastes once again. You are drawing near to where Warlic saw the Calamity of the Far West begin, but an otherworldly menace obscures everything beyond this point...

--------

20K Z-Token Package - Light of Sunscale:
This poleaxe holds within it the vast radiant powers of Sunscale, one of the mightiest Light Dragons in all of Lore! Click the handle to swap between Ranged and Magic damage, or click the blade to become a physical manifestation of the Titan Dragon Sunscale!

--------

6000 Z-Token Package - Spirit of Change Misc:
This ethereal charm gives you resistance to Wind attacks and confidence in dealing with ongoing change (+CHA)! It also normally gives +10% gold from battles when in your active inventory (top 8 misc item slots), and a +25% boost during September!

--------

Tagging. //D.U.M

< Message edited by DragonUltraMaster -- 8/24/2020 14:05:56 >
Post #: 1
8/24/2020 12:36:48   
battlesiege15

That Dragon is so prettttyyyy awesome looking. Would buy it if I had funds for it haha
AQ AQW  Post #: 2
8/24/2020 16:46:12   
J9408

Nearly all armor transformation elements are covered. I think only darkness remains.
Post #: 3
8/25/2020 10:50:17   
Drak

I've been a mage since i began playing 14 years ago but is there any chance a Ranger class will be released?
Post #: 4
8/27/2020 15:22:30   
Zennistrad

^It's unlikely there will be a Ranger class any time soon, since they're already planning several major class revamps that will likely last the next few years.

After Paladin is complete there will be a Necromancer class update, followed up Archmage and Dracomancer. Necromancer will likely be in 2021, while we can expect Archmage in 2022 and Dracomancer in either 2022 or 2023.
AQ  Post #: 5
8/27/2020 15:45:10   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

quote:

Will Necromancer get the same amount of packages, GGBS, etc. that Paladin is getting.

We'll see what happens when the Necromancer overhaul begins, a lot of the stuff from Paladin grew organically. Beginning with Cray coming up with the name Sunscale for the Frostval donation items. Then I took a scene from Dragonlorn and fleshed out the dragon with its boom attack. Or updating the Celestial Steed as part of the class armor.... pretty fancy for only a second of screen time. So I made them into Cavalry armors. This week I've been working on updating the Necro armor for a sneak peak of the class that will be coming as part of the advanced Paladin Class finale.

quote:

any chance a Ranger class will be released?

We really do need a ranged-focused class. I'll see what we can do about it in 2021.

The Light of Sunscale + Spirit of Change Misc packages are live! There are actually 2 Sunscale weapons (Light & Fire) you can swap in the Item Upgrader. We are doing the final testing for part 5 of Dragonlorn Keep and it will be released very soon!
AQ  Post #: 6
8/27/2020 15:59:24   
RobynJoanne

A ranger class would be fantastic! 2021 is shaping up to be phenomenal. I cannot wait. 2020 AQ has been one of the main highlights of this year for me, with all the mess going on, and it looks like things will only be going up from here.
Post #: 7
8/27/2020 19:19:54   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Part 5 of Dragonlorn Keep is live!
AQ  Post #: 8
8/27/2020 20:27:16   
RobynJoanne

My game crashed when I respawned (probably shouldn't have been messing with the Challenge Battle in Holy Armor). Did anyone else have the same issue?
Post #: 9
8/27/2020 20:30:07   
Kurtz96

My game is also stuck after the "reload from last checkpoint" message. I was using lumenomancer bloodmage to nuke when I died from I think the burn.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
8/27/2020 20:57:50   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

That should now be fixed, thanks to Kam.
Post #: 11
8/27/2020 21:32:01   
RobynJoanne

Thanks, Kam. I haven't checked if it has been fixed since I went in fully prepared this time around (after doing the quest up to then twice and dying each time), but I trust his work.

The quest itself was a ton of fun. All the status effects truly made the encounters more interesting. The challenge battle was truly a challenge: the burn and Freedom punish overly offensive setups while the SP nuke crushes overly defensive setups. It was fun to play a mix of strategies. Paladin really shined as a support armor (once I stopped trying to use it as a nuke instead), and Heroic Burst and Lay on Hands really came in clutch.

The Dragonlorn Quests remain ever so cryptic. I cannot wait to learn more about the
spoiler:

group of defenders who had locked away the Far West.
Post #: 12
8/27/2020 22:50:19   
toannghe1997

Holy cow! I completely underestimated the danger of the swamp and got wrecked in 2 turns during the boss fight. Hundreds of battles and it was my own carelessness which became my downfall...

Lorewise, I could see this is how powerful beings which wandered into the West met their end. They perceived the monsters in the swamp as 'weak' (and they kinda were) and forgot that it was the surroundings which were the real danger. This quest shows us why people go to the Waste and never return, and answers quite a few of our questions.

spoiler:

And who could be the defenders at the end? Dragon lords? Or the few lucky souls that survived the West?
Post #: 13
8/27/2020 23:32:40   
Kurtz96

Every time I get the challenge boss down to a few thousand I die instantly even though I am managing the burn. Is this a hidden mechanic?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
8/27/2020 23:46:57   
lolerster

Here is my explanation to the boss's mechanics:

spoiler:

• At the start of your turn, if you do not have a Darkness burn on you, you will be inflicted with the status "PlsNoStacking-DragonlornKeepPart5" burn. If you do have a Darkness burn, you will be inflicted with "Dark Conduit". The debuff lasts 1 turn.
  • Dark Conduit acts similarly to a Darkness Burn. PlsNoStacking-DragonlornKeepPart5 acts similarly to a Prismatic Burn.
  • The first debuff you are inflicted with in the battle will have a Power of 1. Every subsequent application of either debuff will have a Power equal to the Power of the previous debuff times 5. PlsNoStacking-DragonlornKeepPart5 and Dark Conduit share the same Power counter.
  • If your PLAYER attacks the boss with Darkness damage, the power counter for PlsNoStacking-DragonlornKeepPart5 and Dark Conduit will be reset to 1 starting on the NEXT application of either debuff. Furthermore, it will remove the Dark Conduit debuff, meaning you will not take damage from it. However, it will not remove PlsNoStacking-DragonlornKeepPart5 debuff, meaning you will still take the damage from the current application of it without the power reset. Removing the debuff with any other method does not reset the power counter.
  • Wind and Energy attack will lower its MRM by 30 for 3 turns starting on the next turn. Further applications will further reduce MRM.
  • Fire and Ice attacks will give him a x0.85 elemental shield and -40 BTH starting on the next turn. Further applications will increase the magnitude of the element shield and blind.
  • Light attacks will give him the Berserk status. 130.77% damage and -20 BTH, Further applications will give him an additional, identical status.
  • Water attacks will give it -50 Status Potence and 3 turns of x0.7 Choke. Further applications will increase the magnitude of the Choke, but not the Status Potence.
  • The monster has a SP attack. This is basically a Darkness nuke with no additional effects.
  • The monster's regular attacks will attempt to inflict a Darkness burn (separate debuff from Dark Conduit/PlsNoStacking-DragonlornKeepPart5). This burn is capable of stacking in both turns and durations, but you can also resist it.
  • The monster's normal attack cannot inflict a burn if it is blocked or completely absorbed by a mana/chi shield.

• EDIT: Updated the bosses mechanics as my previous burn explanation was inaccurate. Also added the interactions with various elements.

< Message edited by lolerster -- 8/29/2020 4:13:32 >
    AQ  Post #: 15
    8/27/2020 23:52:46   
    Kurtz96

Finally beat the boss (by cheesing with kindred and prime chaos orb to be fair). The rewards are a face and a title.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 8/28/2020 0:12:28 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
    8/28/2020 0:28:40   
    lolerster

quote:

by cheesing with kindred

tsk tsk
    AQ  Post #: 17
    8/28/2020 0:48:12   
    RobynJoanne

@Kurtz96
    quote:

by cheesing with kindred

Oof.
    Prime Chaos Orb should be a big help by itself since it sort of breaks the boss' burn mechanics. It entirely removes the downsides of attacking with darkness.
    Post #: 18
    8/28/2020 0:51:23   
    Kurtz96

quote:

tsk tsk

quote:

Oof.
    Prime Chaos Orb should be a big help by itself since it sort of breaks the boss' burn mechanics. It entirely removes the downsides of attacking with darkness.

Hey, don't judge me! I just wanted to see what the special rewards were. I'll do it "properly" later with my alt.

And prime chaos orb does seem very OP here.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
    8/28/2020 1:11:18   
    toannghe1997

We also have rainbow ray gun folks, chaos orb is just a little bit more convenient. Maybe a void version where darkness attack will always do little to no damage to the boss despite its scrambled darkness resistance? Could be one heck of a challenge

Edit: Or just give the boss a special status that prevents its resistances from being changed, which would work wonders
    Post #: 20
    8/28/2020 1:50:11   
    Lord Markov

Quite frankly hitting it with light or energy every other turn and using darkness to take off the burn on your other turns is a pretty solid strategy. The amount of HP you give back to it at -50% resists is pretty marginal, and the burn at level 1 power only deals about 20 damage a turn. So then taking advantage of the effects that light or energy attacks inflict on it are pretty solid. I didn't do any scrambling and still came out pretty well. My biggest hurt was not knowing there is
    spoiler:

a second part to the fight so I ended up walking into it with only about half a bar of SP.

Some additional effects:
    spoiler:

Light makes it go berserk which increases its BtH pretty heavily and with just a couple of stacks and maybe some MRM boosting on your side it'll become very hard for the monster to hit you.
    Energy reduces its MRM significantly so if you don't want to worry about accuracy that's a solid choice as well.
    I don't recommend Fire or Ice damage as those give the monster an elemental shield for a few turns.

I didn't get a chance to see what Water, Earth, or Wind did to the monster since I was a little tight on extra turns to mess around with.

Vampires Reign Supreme:
    Besting the toughest Dracopyres and Demigods too.
    Long Live Queen Safiria!
    AQ  Post #: 21
    8/28/2020 3:51:25   
    zzzzzzzzzs

All this talk about class overhauls has gotten to me. Can someone please tell me when the Dracomancer class will get an update too? It was the class that got me into all of this but I can't help but feel it is being ignored.
    Post #: 22
    8/28/2020 5:35:08   
    Primate Murder

Finally got around to playing the new quest.

spoiler:

As a DF fan, fighting a hydra on the way between Oaklore and Falconreach is incredibly nostalgic, kudos.

After the hydra fight, the Chosen talks about how the place is abandoned and there are no survivors... while four pairs of eyes are glowing in the background. He fails that perception check so hard - I suppose there's a reason AQ doesn't have a Wisdom stat

Btw, is there a different dialogue based on your stats? My mage character seemed to know more about the magical charge than my warrior one. Or did I just accidentally skip it?

Wrun - a new necromantic term or something familiar by another name?

I spend a long and careful fight against the challenge mode monster. Then I tried out the non-challenge version on another character and... I turned into a war and casually one-shot it. I lol'd so hard.

Either way, it was a fun quest, even through we didn't actually get anywhere.

P.S. Can somebody more lore savvy explain the whole static charge thing to me? What is it, exactly, and why is it important?

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 8/28/2020 5:46:00 >
    AQ DF  Post #: 23
    8/28/2020 7:52:43   
    1997p3

As a DF fan(started because back when there was the server cap for AQ), Im really liking this series
    AQ MQ  Post #: 24
    8/28/2020 19:51:29   
    10speed12

May I ask the dev's to consider removing Spectre's from the swamp encounter list, or enable pet/guest damage to also vent the Darkness Conduit burn, as the Spectre's fear effect can cause us to lose several turns, allowing the burn to grow to ridiculous levels with players being completely incapable of doing anything to stop it.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Z-Token Sale, Dragonlorn Keep V, 20K & 6K Z-Token Packages
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition