Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Solutions for underrepresented Rogue aesthetics

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: Solutions for underrepresented Rogue aesthetics
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/13/2020 10:52:05   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

I appreciate the help, though I'm not much of a fan of having stats rely on CHA unless it is designed to be for beastmasters.

Are the skills having such powerful passive buffs possible through the sacrifice of the armor's base defenses and elemental modifiers?

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 12/27/2021 5:50:29 >
Post #: 26
10/18/2020 16:15:19   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

With:
• the completion of the updated paladin class
• Mogloween event coming up
• Getting further along with the updating of the Devourer Saga

I decided to go all out and put out my:
• Assassin class update
• Yajuu armor and Nosferatunobi armor
• Updated Gauntlet of the Galin'

Make sure you also check out the ninjachaun armor, hopefully they will put in for this coming year's Blarney event like it should've been years ago!

< Message edited by Mr. Popo -- 10/18/2020 18:20:24 >
Post #: 27
12/11/2020 22:05:59   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

I'm back!

So I decided recently to switch from vampire to Neko to test what would be the more effective armor for my playstyle, and it donned on me:
1. "Neko" is Japanese for "cat"
2. Ninjas originated in Japan, the rogue class is before the ninja class and the rogue guest is a black cat (Neko)
3. There is already a Ninjat (ninja cat) temp armor AND pet

Why aren't Neko Ninjat's at thing?!

I understand that the theme behind how the sol and luna sets were made were to give both beastmasters and rangers a bone (which they do a REALLY good job of even though no one seems to recognize the luna for the ranged).
So I think it would only be right to just have 1 Neko Ninjat armor and given the theme of the night and attacking for oneself instead of having pets and guests to the majority of the damage, I think the Luna side would make the most sense. Except this would be the only Neko armor that skills apply to counter attacks from dodging.

See new armor in armors section!

< Message edited by Mr. Popo -- 12/12/2020 8:22:24 >
Post #: 28
3/23/2021 22:47:25   
Bannished Rogue

Just a thought:

Why not have or suggest Shamnobi as a void boss, maybe as a potential way to access the Ninjachaun armor?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
5/21/2021 2:27:51   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

Good idea! I put him with the others.

Additionally:
• I will be working on a potential demon or shadow subrace so I moved that and the neko ninjacket to a separate post dedicated for subrace related things. It says demon right now as a place holder but I still haven't decided.
• I dropped a new armor "Cutthroat Garb" inspired from Garrott Cutthroat and the assassin monster models that mention them as "'fast' and deadly opponents"
• Currently contemplating an armor that utilizes The Cold status effect. Looking at the NPC Khold Staeirgh considering the only thing we know about him is that he's only associated with Radagast. Which the current end of the Chessmaster saga has told us that Radagast is a "knight of the Galin" in which members of the network are very frequent users of the cold and Khold Staeirgh would be pronounced "Cold Stare". Cray confirmed that he isn't a "known" user of the cold, not sure if he is just saying that we haven't been told that he is yet or that he isn't at all, so I'm still contemplating the idea or maybe even doing an armor similar to Radagast.
Post #: 30
9/2/2021 2:20:08   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

So I had really got to work on really ironing out some new stuff. Check out the the photo examples now visible

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 9/2/2021 2:21:52 >
Post #: 31
11/8/2021 20:53:48   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

It's been awhile, but I finally came up with a new idea. Check out the metal gear themed suggestion! Also, thought it was appropriate to update table of contents.

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 11/8/2021 22:30:47 >
Post #: 32
12/23/2021 23:18:06   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

Minor updates to a few suggestions. More noticeable change- I added a description of the concept of what the intention of the suggestion is for the suggestions I felt might need further extrapolation.

@SapahireCatalyst2021

In response to what you said:
quote:

I really like some of the concepts . The Assassin skill that does fragile and ele vuln and ele empowerment...wow probably too strong but heck, it's all good. I'm all for some strong skills.

I played an old MUD years ago and Rogues there were "backstabbers" and in that game, they were sneaky, could hide, and then a backstab would unleash crazy damage, but if you missed, you were crazy vulnerable. I havnt played a ton of other games, but in my head I envision a glass cannon.

I posted a suggestion that tried to implement the idea using a hybrid of what Kindred does and Tempest. So I like your celerity chance in one of your armors. I find it to be Roguish or assassin-like.

I would def play the assassin you made.

As for the Neko variant, I think effects if you block is cool. I would love to see some more updates to class 3 or new subraces for sure. I think staff should do Dracopyre, and have it split off into 2 opposing schools...ie Gracefang and Nightreign. (wasn't that Nightbane's children's names?)

I would like to see them do them as maybe hybrid variants and maybe one is a mage-leaning one and the other is a warrior leaning one, somehow. Havn't given much thought on it.

As for the blocking spreadsheet, it has allowed me to learn about blocking mechanics and what's needed. I have a Hollowborn armor and Shadow Raiment. I also have ghost costume, but since I have learned you do not need blocking armors to block, I usually just stay in Necromancer.

The spreadsheet I believe to be very accurate. It may not be absolutely perfect, but it's close enough. My belief is the biuggest unknown is always the monster. Does it have a lean? Is it auto hit? But standard stuff, my testing shows if the number shows negative, I have not been hit once against standard monsters. For a 250 char/dex beast build, using bun barrets, I think you just need maybe 45-50 additional blocking from a combined self buff, entangle, berserk, blind, etc. That's so simple. So what I do is get that for several turns (mandate spell is my go-to), and just switch to pure offense while being unhittable. And this leads me to..

That's overpowered. I believe staff will nerf dexterity in 2022. For defense, it's too good. I have no idea what they'll do, but I have a hunch they're going to make INT and STR affect blocking for magic and melee defense and reduce or remove it for dexterity. Blocking will no longer be about one stat . You can block better versus 1 or 2, but not against everything...unless you're a dex hybrid. And that would be overpowered and everyone would flock to that, so I'm not sure what they'll do.

2 things. Mind looking at my suggestions and just tell me what ones are alright? And did you get the new frostval crown yet?

That thing is INSANE. Couple it with arms of dragonguard and it's guaranteed 1.5X lucky strike damage and everything is a nuke . I may test with Sol Neko on my ancient mothers staff stack. I bet my earth protean pet will do 1500 per hit.

Yea, the fragile + ele vuln + ele empowerment in my head is supposed to be similar to the Paladin's Skill 19: Sunscale Legacy, which is a 5 hit nuke that inflicts a decently strong burn status for 5 more turns. Which when triggered or with proper set up, each hit or 2 is the equivalent to a nuke itself (depending on your frame of reference). This skill alone kills all but bosses on the first turn compared to mine, which is intended to require the player to actually do stuff to finish off opponent, and if they can't manage it in time, monster recovers a chunk of their health from returning END.

I've seen other forum members suggest something along the concept of a being able to hide mechanic. Based on their descriptions, I just don't think that I can feasibly be done without being immensely overpowered like a multi-turn Disarmed status that doesn't require ability to inflict against monster's saves. It also doesn't make much sense in the context of the fight; I'd imagine having to employ a lot of mental gymnastics to to accept the game trying to convince me that the enemy didn't just leave like we assume they'd normally do if we fled battle. If we're effectively hidden, then how would the enemy know that we're close by enough to stick around? I don't think it's absolutely impossible however, I attempted this concept with my Sneenja armor suggestion in a way that I think would make sense. In the other ways I've seen it being suggested, I just don't think it would make sense in AQ. But yes I also imagined a glass cannon. Based on the class story, it felt to me that they were more testing you than directly training I tried to keep the skills close to what they originally were but attempted more of a culmination of things you had learned to get to this point as you're going around and proving your skills but adding the assassin flavor as if it were to be the natural progression of said skills in such a profession. I appreciate the compliment about the Assassin and Neko.

Gracefang and Nightrein aren't his kid's names that is just the name of the style or path of the employment of dracopyre powers essentially the same as the different schools to the martial art class as a whole.

I appreciate your review, please let me know of any other opinions or criticisms on any of the other suggestions, I'll be sure to give you mine as requested.

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 1/5/2022 20:58:00 >
Post #: 33
3/27/2022 9:17:01   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

UPDATES:
• Added shield suggestion
• Found a smaller picture for the nosforatunobi armor
• Added a snugglefest suggestion
• Updated table of contents
• Put the Luna Neko Ninjacket armor as a possible Harvesfest suggestion

This means the only holiday events left for a suggestion are Grenwog and the Frostval decorate the tree!

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 3/27/2022 13:05:50 >
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: Solutions for underrepresented Rogue aesthetics
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition