Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Z-T Sale, Dragonlorn Keep Summer Event Finale - Last Watch

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Z-T Sale, Dragonlorn Keep Summer Event Finale - Last Watch
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/13/2020 18:04:58   
Legendary Ash

This 0.5 Power model halves the rewards per mob defeated, this effectively increases the amount of war wins one can achieve with respect to the daily reward cap.
AQ  Post #: 26
9/14/2020 0:05:16   
s_venom

I personally much prefer this model.
AQ DF  Post #: 27
9/14/2020 0:14:44   
RobynJoanne

@venom
It really is much easier to reach at least 2,500 kills under this model, and our daily caps go a much longer way. It even allows "weaker characters" to war efficiently. At one point, I was playing around with Holy Armor and clearing mobs in one turn without boosters using Sunscale's Legacy. That's a substantially sub-optimal setup, but it was still doing okay. This really encourages warring for even players who are apprehensive due to being F2P.
Post #: 28
9/14/2020 2:49:56   
s_venom

@RobynJoanne
Hopefully this 0.5 model is here to stay.
AQ DF  Post #: 29
9/14/2020 9:08:09   
ruleandrew

The 0.5 power model for war is good.
AQ  Post #: 30
9/15/2020 11:41:16   
::Raist::

I must reiterate what many people have already said: I love the 0.5 power model for warring!

Thank you staff for hearing our feedback and giving this a try!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
9/15/2020 11:51:28   
Kay Oh

quote:

We are trying out something new with this war: A model with four 0.5x power mobs between heals, as opposed to two full power ones.

Warring community appreciates this

AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 32
9/15/2020 15:48:46   
EST OverLord

only thing i have an issue whit this new war model is the max reward should be capped at 2000 even considering how the world is right now the highest reward shouldnt go over 2k only if its like a special war whit re enforcements arrive for the enemy etc.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 33
9/15/2020 16:06:23   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Reward threshold specifics are not quite my department, but I would have to point out that a saga finale certainly qualifies as a special war. In terms of story content, it's the most special one of the year.
Post #: 34
9/15/2020 16:44:26   
EST OverLord

yea true but that way most wars would have this amount since usually they are at the end of story lines
it would make it look more clean aswell keep th 2x line 500 1000 2000

< Message edited by EST OverLord -- 9/15/2020 16:47:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
9/16/2020 1:32:43   
Primate Murder

The cutscene is out!

spoiler:

Loved the dialogue between Galanoth and Dante, even if the ending was a bit too sappy. It would be nice to see more reunions - Artix, Robina, maybe some of the guardians...

Btw, I know us seeing visions is meant to be some big plot thing, but didn't that require an intellect check? It seems Dante has a 0 Int build! (as if that wasn't clear from the way he goaded Galanoth) ;)
AQ DF  Post #: 36
9/16/2020 9:06:15   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

spoiler:

Dragonslayers have to learn to forage and work with what nature has to offer when they're out on extended missions, so it should come as no surprise that Galanoth can weaponize sap. (I am, as ever, not sorry for that pun)

As of the visions, what required an INT check was gaining certain insights and remaining coherent, which provided a bonus during their corresponding battles. Perhaps Dante didn't experience them... Or maybe only the Chosen recognizes them as a supernatural phenomenon local to Falconreach.

< Message edited by Cray -- 9/17/2020 0:38:03 >
Post #: 37
9/16/2020 23:21:01   
Zennistrad

spoiler:

"...What visions?"

Mildly concerning.
AQ  Post #: 38
9/18/2020 11:47:03   
1997p3

Do you need to hit the number of waves before the meter strikes 100 to get the reward?
AQ MQ  Post #: 39
9/18/2020 13:04:11   
Uskius

^ To get the special variations, yes. There will still be the normal versions though if you can't get enough wins in time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 40
9/19/2020 8:14:22   
Primate Murder

The cutscene is out!

spoiler:

It was very nice to finally find out what happened - and extra kudos to Cray for tying it to the Vizalain AQ/DF crossover. I take it, DF hero never removed the corruption in this continuity?

So the Shadowscythe instigated the war, used it to destroy the Dragon Amulets, then killed Lady Celestia to prevent the creation of new ones, thus viping out any chance of future dragonlords. The survivors crashed Dragonsgrasp (nice to see it worked in!) into the giant Vizalain, somehow stopping the spread of darkness.

The only big piece missing seems to be what is located at the fortress and why SS minions seem so desperate to acquire it.
AQ DF  Post #: 41
9/19/2020 10:28:27   
Noone

Perhaps this isn't the best place for this, but it's really bugging me. Did this patch do something weird to the status system? I accidentally double clicked Arcane Amplification just now and it stacked the duration to 200%. So I played around with some other classic quick casts - and things like Love Potion and Shadowfeeders all stack their durations now. Meaning I can get 10 turns of control off on a normal mob with just Essence Orb and Love Potion. I thought it capped at about 1 proc each source. I swear this wasn't a thing before.
Post #: 42
9/19/2020 14:12:01   
RobynJoanne

@Noone
This has been a thing since the status system update. It's definitely something that needs to be fixed due to the existence of PR, but this is not new news. There were threads of getting dozens of turns of Control, Celerity, and Elemental Shield when the status update dropped.
Post #: 43
9/22/2020 13:36:51   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Sorry folks, there will be temp placeholders for the rewards until they are finished as Kam is having major pc issues. The rewards should be finished later today, with the war win variants being delivered in the next couple of days or so.
AQ  Post #: 44
9/22/2020 17:43:02   
aq DarkKnight

The war meter is now at 100%. The war is finally over.
AQ  Post #: 45
9/22/2020 20:13:55   
Flabagast

Thoroughly enjoyed this questline. There's been some really interesting storytelling going on and I hope we get to see more like it in the future!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
9/22/2020 22:25:13   
RobynJoanne

Everything about Dragonlorn Keep was incredible. The fights were a ton of fun (and far harder than even most Void Bosses), and the writing was great. I loved the implementation of the new status effect system into the quests to integrate the environment into the gameplay. My only slight complaint is that the dialogue can be rather hard to follow at times. Admittedly, my grasp of English grammar is not as great as I'd like it to be, and everything is deliberately cryptic. It is still worth mentioning, however, in my opinion because it slightly detracts when I have trouble understanding what's going on. Still, I must reiterate that this has been one of the highlights of 2020 in my life, and I'm even more excited about what's coming than I was before the questline came out.

The war was great. As we've all stated already, the new 0.5 power model makes everything so much easier. I would love for it to be a permanent addition to wars.

The final boss Betrayal was absolutely amazing.
spoiler:

Possessed Sepulchre Armor looked beautiful, and the fight was both challenging and interesting. I got destroyed on my first run relying on Control, and I demolished him by playing a bit safer the next. His self-destruction (having a huge elevuln to light) after a couple of turns was really surprising. It really makes one wonder what's the story behind it. Once again, I'm loving the gameplay and story integration.
Post #: 47
9/22/2020 23:19:22   
Noremak Soothsayer

I really hope we get a Dragonlord set. I like the armor and sword.
Post #: 48
9/22/2020 23:30:43   
battlesiege15

Lucky for you that looks like this year's MC is a Dragonlord Set
AQ AQW  Post #: 49
9/23/2020 0:54:30   
DiscordDrake

The event was great, especially the ending. I love
spoiler:

the implication that The Betrayed was once the DragonFable hero.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: Z-T Sale, Dragonlorn Keep Summer Event Finale - Last Watch
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition