Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Elemental multiplier

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Elemental multiplier
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/24/2020 11:57:43   
Bannished Rogue

Certain items lower the percent of the elemental modifiers and certain items multiply specific elemental attacks with fractions; both reduce incoming damage.

1. Assuming that all elemental modifiers are 100%, what is the lowest decimal an armor can have to multiply against 1 specific element for the greatest feasible reduction of damage?

2. Assuming that all elemental modifiers are 100%, what is the lowest decimal an armor can have to multiply against 2 specific elements (essentially a normal compression armor) for the greatest feasible reduction of damage for those 2 elements?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
9/24/2020 12:48:25   
lolerster

0%, with Geocastellum Robes' skill.
AQ  Post #: 2
9/24/2020 13:09:28   
Bannished Rogue

I was referring to to more normal circumstances as the armor's base defense not tied to any MC skill
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
9/24/2020 13:49:27   
Legendary Ash

We have plenty of dual element armors to observe from, they all are 40% at Lv 150G.
AQ  Post #: 4
9/24/2020 14:26:08   
Bannished Rogue

Yes but how does that transfer over to a multiplication of a decimal? If I have an armor that has 50% and a misc that multiplies damage from the same element by 0.50, that doesn't equate to 0 damage? But if i had a -50% armor and a -50% shield in the same element, that would equal 0 damage.

So essentially what theoretical multiplication of a decimal, when paired with another misc that also reduces damage based off of multiplication of a decimal would equal 0 damage?

Or more specifically if I had a:
* misc with a *0.50 multiplier to lets just say fire damage
* an armor that had 100% modifiers to all elements
* a shield that brought the fire elemental modifier down to 74%

What would the decimal fire damage would have to be multiplied to to essentially make the total elemental defense equivalent to a 5% set (armor, sheild, misc)?

< Message edited by Mr. Uber -- 9/24/2020 14:27:00 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 5
9/24/2020 14:39:05   
Legendary Ash

The game engine is capable of handling decimals, it doesn't round up or down when an armor's elemental modifiers are paired with multiplicative resistance.
Multiplicative resistance miscs are capped at 50% for any element.

The lowest resistance on can achieve with a single element armor at Lv 150G is .5(39% - 26% shield) = 6.5% elemental modifiers, one can potentially employ Element shields as a second multiplicative modifier to reduce the total elemental modifiers even further.
AQ  Post #: 6
9/24/2020 15:37:31   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

I'm intrigued

< Message edited by Mr. Popo -- 9/24/2020 15:39:53 >
Post #: 7
9/24/2020 15:38:20   
Bannished Rogue

Kindred armor = 39% water

Figurehead shield = -26% water

Eternal eye of the Sacragon = -10% water

Total 39-26-10= 3%?

So what would the armor's decimal multiplication need to be to have the theoretical set equal to a 5% set given the specifications provided? Please
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
9/24/2020 15:58:36   
Legendary Ash

I'm not sure how well you are understanding caps and current game standards, subtractive flat miscs are already discontinued, and since you can do the math for the above example 5/13 = .615 is the required multiplicative value to attain an equivalent 5% elemental modifiers from base 13%.
AQ  Post #: 9
9/24/2020 19:42:24   
lolerster

quote:

So what would the armor's decimal multiplication need to be to have the theoretical set equal to a 5% set given the specifications provided? Please

I don't understand this question.As Kindred is fully offensive, your incoming damage is given a x1.25 multiplier. With 3% water resist, this means that all incoming water damage is multiplied by 0.03*1.25 = 0.0375.

quote:

Or more specifically if I had a:
* misc with a *0.50 multiplier to lets just say fire damage
* an armor that had 100% modifiers to all elements
* a shield that brought the fire elemental modifier down to 74%

What would the decimal fire damage would have to be multiplied to to essentially make the total elemental defense equivalent to a 5% set (armor, sheild, misc)?

Again, I have no idea what your question means. I'm not sure if it even makes sense grammatically. In the setup described above, all fire damage would be multiplied by *0.37. To further decrease your fire resist, you would need additional effects like elemental shields (such as geocastellum robe's skill) or choke effects.

< Message edited by lolerster -- 9/25/2020 23:38:19 >
AQ  Post #: 10
9/24/2020 23:36:02   
JaneMark

Correct me if I'm wrong Ash (or other similar senior info-subber), but ALL miscellaneous current, past, and future have either been transitioned to or will soon be transitioned to multiplicative damage reduction. Even entries like the GGB Shikyo and Kitsune Masks which still say in the forums that they provide -10% resists have actually already been updated to be *0.5 damage instead.

Standard lowest resist from an armor is 39%. Standard lowest resist from a shield is -26%. So as Ash already said, the current lowest non-conditional resistance you can get using additive/subtractive math is 13%. This is relevant because as far as I know additive/subtractive resistances are the only ones that actually shown in the character stat page.

To further reduce elemental damage you receive you'll have to use multiplicative damage reduction. Misc as Ash already mentioned provide a max of 50% reduction, choke and other statuses reduce the opponents outgoing damage and thus reduce your incoming damage, as pointed out by lolerster. Various shield spells and skills are also available, Geocastellum was mentioned already. Gandolphin and the Insightful Amor of Awe skill can give you a Mana shield.
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Elemental multiplier
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition