Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Paladin Class Finale - Advanced Gear

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Paladin Class Finale - Advanced Gear
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/11/2020 0:56:45   
wozzen

Wait, so the low-level Paladin armor will actually work for this fight survivability-wise? Gonna have to try that.

Slight wrinkle though: being a Luck Hybrid, blocking is largely Out Of The Question.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 26
10/11/2020 1:22:06   
Zennistrad

Paladin Armor + Paladin Armaments is ideal due to its ability to resist all elements from undead foes, and the Necromancer here will occasionally switch to Fire-element attacks to catch people in Darkness armors off-guard.

The fight seems overall designed to force the use of the Holy armor
AQ  Post #: 27
10/11/2020 1:43:02   
wozzen

Thanks to your advice, I have Won! Bonus Points: I finished it with the "grow huge, and stab them really hard" skill!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 28
10/11/2020 1:55:54   
toannghe1997

The boss seems to seek between fire and darkness attack and always use darkness on her sp special, though I was able to out-tank her with my lv135 beastmaster

Gotta admit, chucking down a dozen potions while my pet and guest do the heavy lifting was kind of amusing (I fondly remember doing the same desperate strategy back when my character faced any tough boss and could only hope to survive). The trick is to kill her skeletons as fast as possible then to simply have a low resistance at both fire and darkness (no-drop armor + shield got their time to shine, finally). After that, it is just a jog to the finnish line

Now to wait for the necromancer revamp... Gotta admit, that extra shield bone-nus from your summoned skeletons is really sweet!
Post #: 29
10/11/2020 2:04:42   
Armsman

You gotta make sure to kill the skeletons one at a time though: I made the mistake of trying to blitz them both at once and ended up with an enemy that had a permanent 2.25x damage multiplier for the rest of the fight.

... Still won though. Sunscale OP.

EDIT: Just noticed the 150 mage and warrior Paladin variants have the same description. Minor whoopsie!

< Message edited by Armsman -- 10/11/2020 2:07:03 >
AQ  Post #: 30
10/11/2020 2:19:27   
Bolter

The avenger armor description is bugged, its supposed to be for rangers but yet the description is the same as that of the Arcanist (The armor for Mages)
AQ  Post #: 31
10/11/2020 2:43:34   
dragonlord555

Yeah, the staff are aware of it, it's just that they've been working long hours getting this release out and are now taking a rest.

Give them time and they'll fix it. It's just the description thankfully.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
10/11/2020 4:27:52   
Primate Murder

Aaaand done!

Man, that was a surprisingly tough boss. The first time I went to fight him (without looking up mechanics on Discord) I was mercilessly slaughtered across three different characters. Even after finding all his gimmicks, the Ringleader was pretty tough.

Amusingly, my FD beastmaster took the longest time to get to the guy, but had the easiest time beating him. As long as you survive killing a single skeleton, Ringleader looses his Freedom - so Mogdin + Stun Bow + Baby Egg, with Paladin's, Aspis' and Frostgale's paralysis potencies promptly kept him stunned for the rest of the battle. He didn't even consume the second skeleton for power - apparently he needs to be un-stunned to do that.

Overall, it was really fun, and the necromancer preview really raises the hype!

P.S. Are there any differences between Arcanist / Avenger armors aside from sp/mp costs on some skills?

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 10/11/2020 4:56:11 >
AQ DF  Post #: 33
10/11/2020 9:50:59   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

AQ, I see what you've done for other builds, and I want that for assassins (meme reference). Seriously though; warriors and mages have enough; Rouges NEED an UPDATE!!!! What I wouldn't do for an upddated assassin class with ADVANCED armors!!!!!!!!!!!

< Message edited by Mr. Popo -- 10/11/2020 9:57:11 >
Post #: 34
10/12/2020 6:26:04   
yumei

Will the Armaments Weapon become fixed to the armor's type (Magic weapon for Arcanist, etc)?
Post #: 35
10/12/2020 13:57:27   
Macho Man

Finally ran through the entire paladin update. Man are we in for a treat if the other tier 3 classes are like paladin. I love how OP the subrace/class armours are, I like the thought of having one op armour per class/subrace. Guessing finding all of the level ability infosubs is gonna be a bit harder then usual lol. I think I'm gonna get ebony sepulchure form and become a dark paladin, always wanted to get that armour and this makes it more worthy.

Also, wasn't there supposed to be an energy variant of the armours? I thought there were 3 elemental armours with 3 builds per element?

Also x2, anyone else have their game drop frames when they bring the manifestation guest out? Assuming that it's not just me, could the staff do something to the animation to make it less impactful?

< Message edited by Macho Man -- 10/12/2020 14:24:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
10/12/2020 18:43:22   
kamikazi008

This rework has been fabulous. I remember feeling that Ryn the Undying was this menacing super-boss, so it felt great to revisit that quest in with Elite Paladin and beat the living daylights out of them. Rewards for that quest sucked though :<

Hoping the best for Necromancer!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
10/12/2020 18:54:20   
lordkale

Love Daimyos new look, will the Daimyo pet also be updated?

Edit: Oh I see theres a new Daimyo pet out and I have the old version from 2006, I will just purchase the new one too

< Message edited by lordkale -- 10/12/2020 19:02:28 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 38
10/13/2020 4:20:15   
RobynJoanne

@Macho man
Manifestation has been causing serious fps drops ever since it was released.

The paladin update has been such a fun ride. I absolutely love the armors, and if this is any indication of the quality of tier-3 classes as a whole, I am even more excited than ever, especially after seeing that beautiful necromancer boss, which was surprisingly difficult at times, though I just nuked the necromancer and took out the trivial skeletons afterward.

Thank you to all the staff who worked so hard to make all this possible. This release was phenomenal!
Post #: 39
10/13/2020 9:34:44   
Veral77

Dame Tirnog is still doing massive damage to me, even when I have high dark resistance.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
10/13/2020 10:34:36   
Hymnsicality

Yeh manifestation heavily lags for me as well still. 4fps. A shame too since its such a good guest but it makes the guest unusable for BMs
AQ  Post #: 41
10/13/2020 11:52:48   
Tigrim

For those that have completed the quest, what is the lowest level armour available in the reward shop?
Post #: 42
10/13/2020 12:30:20   
Ryu Draco

I believe it was 135
AQ  Post #: 43
10/13/2020 15:25:57   
Tigrim

That's strange. Why is there nothing for levels in between 70 and 135?
Post #: 44
10/13/2020 15:26:45   
joac1144

The level 70 armor scales up to power level 120 as you rank up the class.
AQ  Post #: 45
10/13/2020 16:47:58   
Kurtz96

What is the difference between the "Champion Holy Armor" and the "Champion Holy Avenger"? The original already uses SP for skills.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
10/13/2020 19:34:36   
joac1144

Here are some of the differences between normal and variants:

Avenger Steed attacks use STR/CHA or DEX/CHA depending on your weapon.
Arcanist Steed attacks use INT/CHA.
Lay on Hands uses INT in Arcanist.
Redeemer's Might in Avenger uses STR/END if you use a Melee weapon and DEX/END if you use a Ranged or Magic weapon.
AQ  Post #: 47
10/15/2020 14:47:32   
FallenAngel
Friendly!

I had really high expectations for this class (a milestone in AQ's history after all) and am happy to say I was not disappointed.
Great story quests (with a sneak peek at Necro to boot), cool design, awesome mechanics.

Really, if I had to nitpick at all it would be that
a) Manifestation lags the game to a slideshow as others have already mentioned.
b) For a class with this many skills, including passives, actives, toggles and a toggle that turn into actives by charging...I feel like there really needs to be a clear visual distinction between a passive and a toggle ability.
Maybe squares for one and circles for the other?

Anyway, congratulations on an exceptional release!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
10/15/2020 18:47:58   
s_venom

FallenAngel: Different icons for passive and active toggles would be extremely helpful. .
AQ DF  Post #: 49
10/16/2020 0:21:55   
Ryu Draco

Just to clarify, are the 'stun' effects from the knights supposed to be locking us in place for half a dozen turns? Seeing a daze chance of over 300% for 7 turns seems a bit ridiculous.
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Paladin Class Finale - Advanced Gear
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition