Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Token Package Set Ideas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Token Package Set Ideas
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/9/2020 17:57:52   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

I'm starting to plan for the Darkness/Energy sets coming at the end of November for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Since the contest prize discussions went so well, and you folks are the ones buying these packages, I'd love to get your ideas and input. What abilities do you like or dislike from the sets? Offensive? Defensive?
AQ  Post #: 1
10/9/2020 19:01:40   
lolerster

Personally, I would love to get a defensive set with something like Fire/Energy compression (or maybe toggle like grenwog). For skills, I would like to see something a bit more than interesting than a damage skill with a penalty/effect tagged onto it. Maybe something backlash themed. Or maybe a version with block effects.

< Message edited by lolerster -- 10/9/2020 21:39:15 >
AQ  Post #: 2
10/9/2020 19:02:09   
joac1144

- A Darkness clone of Veywild Mount/Paragon Fiend Mount (with other 2nd skills of course). So FO mount armor with mount/dismount and a second skill for each mode - like the other mount armors.
Preferably with a strong Darkness skill that does not get reduced damage from status effects or alike

- Backlash-themed FO armor. Needs a lot more Backlash than what the Osiris armor has for it to be useful though. It should also be elemental, not Harm.

- Cyber Legion Doom Knight (http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/cyber-legion-doomknight-armor-ac) or Techno ArchFiend DoomLord (http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/techno-archfiend-doomlord-ac)

-

< Message edited by joac1144 -- 10/9/2020 19:39:09 >
AQ  Post #: 3
10/9/2020 19:05:05   
sobodobo

Would the set include a pet?

- I personally would like an armor with really high Heal res % and is FD. Also, it would be great if the armor shows your own face.

- An elementilized backslash armor would be nice.

< Message edited by sobodobo -- 10/9/2020 21:15:27 >
Post #: 4
10/9/2020 19:11:34   
Javier

Oh gosh, if the set turns out to be anything close to Veywild, it'll definitely fish some money out of my wallet.

Would you guys be accepting art suggestions too or has the artwork for the set already been determined?

I'd imagine the criteria might be something similar to Hollowborn Evoker/Conjurer, where the same art doubled up on elements via a colour change?

I've been raring to get Infernal Warlord's first form into the game somehow.

Regarding effects, I think an armor that replicates Frostvalverse's effects (damage on block/dodge) would give Dodge builds the payoff it needs. Right now, dodge builds play like an FD build but even slower.

I'm also a big fan of what's been done so far with backlash builds so more items to support it is always appreciated. The current backlash build makes use of auto-hit weapons and efficient weapon-based nukes like Angel of Souls to supplement the lack of Dex and capitalize on the extra health. For Darkness, the previously mentioned Angel of Souls already covered us on that front and it's sometimes substituted with Algern's Carapace for people looking to heal. An Energy variant of Angel of Souls' skill would be amazing though and would be usable by FO builds too, in addition to Dodge builds that make use of Alchemical Unity + Angel of Souls to inflict blind.

There's quite a few varied ideas right now though, so we'll probably first need someone to come up with an idea that everyone wants to back like what happened with Veywild.

Thanks a lot for giving us this opportunity! I'll be watching this thread with great interest :)

< Message edited by Javier -- 10/11/2020 13:24:47 >
Post #: 5
10/9/2020 19:58:27   
Inferno369

Not sure if the art and theme has been determined, but with Dracopyre being the only race left that hasn't been revamped yet - maybe something based around the two different types of the subrace?

Nightreign theme could be Darkness and FO, and Gracefang theme could be Energy and FD - and the FSB could be dragging them to different parts of Darkovia and cause them to bleed or become afraid?

Or their bite attack could turn enemies undead by giving them a dracopyre status infecting them with dracopyrism, and then based on set either deal more damage for being competitive (Nightreign) or take less damage for not being competitive (Gracefang)
AQ  Post #: 6
10/9/2020 20:16:46   
Uskius

What I've been really waiting to see is a mid-defensive set based on gaining swag points to build up the player's defenses. It would be based on a cyberpunk version of Lore, and would be able to sacrifice potions to access quick-cast skills.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
10/9/2020 21:45:24   
Andlu

We need more backlashed themed items, so a backlash set with a backlash related weapon, shield and armor would be amazing
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
10/10/2020 3:24:26   
Zennistrad

Since this is the year of the Paladin, I'd love to see token packages that have synergy with the Paladin class in some way, but are still useful in their own right.

So, with that said, here's the idea I have, which can take advantage of the Paladin's secondary ability to slay demons:

quote:

Soulborne Inquisitor/Soulborne Zealot

Fully offensive mastercraft armor. Inquisitor variant has primary Darkness resistance and secondary Fire and Energy resistance, Evoker variant has primary Energy resistance and secondary Fire and Darkness resistance. Mastercraft; comes with a trigger and a skill

MRM focuses slightly on Melee.

2-hit attack at a +0 BTH lean.

Appearance: An armor set reminiscent of Victorian Gothic horror, consisting of a long coat, black boots, gloves, and a tricorne hat. As the name of the set suggests, its appearance is inspired by From Software's Bloodborne.

Description: The Order of the Soulborne are fanatically devoted hunting Lore's most nightmarish demons — and deem anyone who stands in their way a demon. Your attacks deal extra damage to demons, and you can wield a searing brand to demonize your foe!

Passive: Against any foe tagged as a Demon, all player attacks and weapon specials deal +10% damage. Magic weapon attacks get this boost /0.75, and spells get this boost /2.

Skill - Demon Brand: Spell-based skill. Costs the SP of a standard skill (so *1.25 SP cost for mage characters), and deals one hit of damage at a +10 BTH lean, with the damage type depending on your mainstat. Element is Darkness for Inquisitor and Energy for Zealot. If the attack hits, your opponent makes a save at a +0 bonus (MainStat/LUK vs. CHA/LUK). If they fail, the enemy is tagged as a Demon for the remainder of the battle. Damage is reduced by the appropriate amount for the Demon-tagging effect. The damage is then multiplied by elecomp.

The animation of the skill shows a burning, brand-like stamp appearing over their foe before disappearing.

*Your searing brand labels your foe a demon!
**You try demonize your opponent, but they shrug it off with good PR.

quote:

Soulborne Pistol/Soulborne Flintlock

Darkness/Energy "shield." Pistol is darkness, Fintlock is Energy.

MRM focuses slightly on Melee.

Apperance: A wooden flintlock pistol, wielded in your character's shield hand.

Description: The Order of Soulborn choose to forsake shields, believing them to breed complacency. Wield this pistol in place of a shield to parry your foe's attacks with a precision shot!

Mastercraft Bonus: At the end of the monster's turn, if you blocked at least one attack, you perform a Ranged attack (Darkness for Pistol, Energy for Flintlock) at the beginning of your turn ([Monster Hits Blocked / Monster Hits Attempted] * (0.75 / 0.15) * 0.85)% the damage of a standard melee attack. This attack autohits, doesn’t trigger your weapon special, and has a fixed damage range unaffected by stat boosts. The damage from attack is multiplied by elecomp for your expected shield+armor resistance (Darkness resistance for Pistol, Energy resistance for Flintlock).

quote:

Soulborn [Inquisitor/Zealot] Armaments

0-Proc Weapon. Inquisitor is Darkness, Zealot is Energy.

Click the weapon to shift between Melee, Ranged, and Magic. Melee form is a mace with a -5 BTH lean, Magic form is a scepter with a +0 BTH lean, and Ranged for is a flail with a -3 BTH lean

Description: The Order of Soulborne wield blunt weapons to avoid staining themselves with the blood of the unclean. Against demonic foes, this weapon will seek between Ice, Light, and Harm, and will leave your foe burning!

Mastercraft bonus: Against Demons, the weapon seeks between the Ice, Light, and Harm, and weapon attacks attempt to inflict Burn* (Power 0.75, 2 Turns). The element of the burn is the element of the damage dealt to the opponent by the weapon. If you're also wearing a Soulborne armor and Soulborne shield, the burn power is increased to 1. Opponent can save at a +0 bonus.**

* Your holy weapon burns your demonic foe!
** Your opponent resists the burning power of your weapon.

< Message edited by Zennistrad -- 10/10/2020 19:56:17 >
AQ  Post #: 9
10/10/2020 11:36:11   
LUPUL LUNATIC

It would be a nice opportunity to make spell imbues, you know like regular imbues but only affects spells. They will add more variety for Mages that like spellcasting very much.
Alternatively a Shield that has Initiative that works before battle starts can be really good, as we miss a LUK drive Shield.
For weapons i really liked how Masamune was made and there is room to be more creative with such effects too.
There is also the regular Imbues demand for different effects like Bleed , Burn , Fragile , Blind etc.

As for the armor, we are really lacking Thermal Shock as effect if it were a clone of Veywild armor. Or for pure damage i really love the idea of an "overcharged" weapon-based skill (after i saw the Paladin had an elecomped overcharged spell as well), its interesting to tinker with these ideas too.

< Message edited by LUPUL LUNATIC -- 10/10/2020 11:58:07 >
AQ  Post #: 10
10/10/2020 12:55:56   
battlesiege15

quote:

What abilities do you like or dislike from the sets? Offensive? Defensive?
I don't buy packages often so I can't really say about many of them but I do like sets with more unique abilities that haven't been really implemented in the game. Effects are always great as well as compression. As for offensive/defensive, there are definitely lots of different play styles so it would actually be nice to have armors that have a toggle between leans like the Rider armors to give people choice and versatility with the package items.

I know I'm not the only one who would like for the return of Beastmaster and Spellcaster leans.

Zealot's set was popular not only because it was a very offensive leaning item but also because it had 3 weapons so good for everyone but 100-proc users (sorry rangers and wand-casters :( ) as well as a flavor effect that didn't need a MC (extra damage taken in and extra damage dishing out).

The Cake shield was popular too I'd imagine but I'm a little unsure about that. It's got so many effects that I guess are balanced out by the fact that you do need charges for them but I feel like it had a little too many options in 1. Like, I get having more options but that I think was a little overkill lol
AQ AQW  Post #: 11
10/10/2020 14:11:23   
rai0kakashi

One word: backlash

FD and have 1 primary elemental modifier and 3 secondary elemental modifiers on each armor (that way all 8 elements can be covered)

< Message edited by rai0kakashi -- 10/10/2020 16:20:28 >
Post #: 12
10/11/2020 9:57:55   
J9408

More backlash items please.

They provide a different perspective on defeating enemies.
Post #: 13
10/12/2020 11:33:52   
Yozai

I really want an elegant set that fit female chars most of all.

For what it could do:

I agree with we need backlash, a dream dark backlash set for me, would be a set based on dark wooden thorns but with elegance, not just a massive armor.

For energy I would love a FD Champion set that gives pet/guest celerity like Bard of War and when full set is on bleed/burn like Neko (or poison) would love it to be a beastmaster theme maybe a Huntress/Hunter. Weapon a 100 proc bow (with foam finger pet/guest boost), shield with a skill that energize pet/guest to deal more damage.
AQ  Post #: 14
10/12/2020 14:48:36   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

quote:

I really want an elegant set that fit female chars most of all.

Seconded. A lot of the female armours don't look as good as the male counterparts.

Personally, I'd appreciate a set that's got a trenchcoat and has a vibe similar to detectives from old noire movies, with the weird hats (AND COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF BLACK AND WHITE), ala Nic Cage Spidey from the Spiderverse movie. We can skip on the mask though.

Maybe skills that can make your attacks more accurate, an effect that hopefully lasts even if you switch armors along with weapons that work off this effect.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 15
10/12/2020 16:05:09   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Thanks for all your input, folks! So many great ideas but looks like Backlash is the most popular choice, so we'll make the sets built around that ability.

Each set will have:
1 armor
3-in-1 M/R/M weapon
Shield
At least 4 player faces
Titles
AQ  Post #: 16
10/13/2020 12:07:21   
J9408

Perhaps a poll?

Or maybe a multiple choice set of ideas the staff already had in mind, and let the player base choose one? This way we can avoid the popular type of items that usually get chosen.
Post #: 17
10/13/2020 13:50:10   
Javier

quote:

Majority rules doesn't seem like a good system when the majority are fine-tuned overwhelmingly powerful FO builds that really don't need more items.

Backlash isn’t a fine-tuned overwhelmingly powerful FO build lol.

It’s only fleshed out in terms of darkness damage. Every other elemental coverage is completely missing, resulting in an over reliance on Prime Chaos Orb purely just for the elemental scrambling.

When you take that into consideration, the FD Ranger build you’re pushing for is infinitely more fleshed out in comparison.
Post #: 18
10/14/2020 10:12:28   
Javier

quote:

I didn't say backlash, i was referring to the players most of which are FO will drown out other opinions.
Even outside of that 3-days and 15 posts isn't a very broad selection of gathered opinons.

Sure, but you have to consider that the point of the thread was to gain a community consensus on what we would like to see for November's package. By definition it would be a popular vote so there isn't any issue here at all.

Additionally, the consensus is overwhelmingly Backlash. It's highly unlikely waiting for additional time or posts would change anything and possibly even take away precious development time.

It's not right of you to make the conscious decision to choose to play a niche build and then go into nearly every thread complaining because the latest release/discussion isn't catering to said build.
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Token Package Set Ideas
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition